Wild Rose Forge
A small, brick building stands on the outskirts of town. A handful of tools line the wall, and the fire crackles merrily in the corner. It is a clean, cozy shop, and it is clear that a lot of love and care went into its creation. A wooden sign hangs above the door. In pink, cursive font, it reads "Wild Rose Forge."

Pink-divider.png
Level Six Blacksmith
Experience/Materials: Here
Daily Crafts: 7

Pink-divider.png
  [1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
    [2] = Fail (Lose materials)
    [3-5] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 11+)
    [6-9] = Uncommon item (1 slot)
    [10-11] = Rare item (2 slots)
    [12] = Perfect item (3 slots)
Pink-divider.png
Cost Per Item:
To be discussed on an individual basis.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was with great excitement that Lessa carried her first material to the fire. Her blue eyes were wide, and her hands shook with anticipation. Lenore had taught her well, but now, she was on her own. It was up to her to craft her own weapons, and her mentor was no where to be found. She was alone in the shop.

But it is MY shop, she thought, swelling with pride. She had worked hard for her humble little place. And now, she was about to embark on a new chapter in her story.

Lessa thrust the material into the flames.

It did not take long for Lessa to realize that the craft was a complete failure. A few strikes of her hammer, and the piece was already falling apart. She stood there alone, then broke into a fit of laughter.

She had failed, but there were many more tries to be had.

{Craft failed. 1 material lost.}

• 2 weeks later...

Retrieving another material from the drawer, Lessa returned to the fire. Another day, another try, she thought to herself. She continued the silent pep-talk as she stuck the material into the flames.

Before drawing it out again, she selected the Hammer of Dawn. Klein had given it to her as a gift, after crafting her gauntlets and beloved Hell Rose. At the thought of him, she had to smile. He had been a delightful young man. She wondered where he was now.

When she finally withdrew the material and began to craft it, it became apparent that this would be another failure. She had hoped to craft a chest plate for herself, but the material would not participate.

With a shrug, she threw it aside.

{Craft failed. 1 material lost.}

"Might as well go again," Lessa announced to no one in particular. Her shop was empty, after all. But the lack of other people did not make the place lonely. The fire crackled away happily in the corner, and everything was still in its place. She had not had time to dirty anything up yet. Every tool, every material, every action, was still new to her. The woman still got chills when she reminded herself that this shop was hers.

She could tell that the item would be perfect right away. The way that it moved under her hand and her hammer was incredible. And when it began to show the slightest hints of pink, her eyes lit up. "Incredible," she murmured.

Item: Breastplate

Name: Rose Armor

Quality: Perfect
Shop: Wild Rose Forge
Description: +3 damage mitigation.

A silver breastplate, lined with pink. Faint roses are etched into the metal.

{Loot die + 1 (Hammer of Dawn) = 10. Perfect item. Up for approval.}

Still glowing from her previous perfect item, Lessa plucked another material from the pile. She still had a lot to learn, and she knew that the perfect item had probably been just a lucky break. Still, it motivated her to work harder, and continue to improve her skills.

Her last attempt had gone so well that she was bound to have a failure. But the epic failure that rest on her anvil as she began pounding away made her cringe. "That is terrible," she said aloud, scooping up the blob that was meant to be armor, and tossing it away.

{Craft failed. Material lost.}

The woman knew that if she stopped, and reflected on the terrible attempt, she would lose steam. She had to keep trying, to keep that momentum going. Her perfect item stood testament to what she was capable of. She had done it once. She could do it again.

Lessa strode across the room, selected one of her few remaining materials, and shoved it into the fire. I'll have to go looking for more materials, she thought to herself.

The sword that she molded from the hot material was nice, but nothing special. "I'll use this for training sometime," she said, setting it aside.

{Craft successful. Basic one-handed sword produced.}

• 2 weeks later...

The woman glanced at her supply of materials. "Only eight left," she muttered. "I'll have to go out looking." She sighed, and wiped her brow on the back of her sleeve. "Until then, I might as well keep crafting."

She plucked a bit of material from the drawer, and made her way to the fire. Nothing felt different as she warmed it up, and moved over the the anvil. But as soon as the the hammer struck the metal, she felt a shiver run up her spine. "Again?" She whispered, her blue eyes widening. "No way."

Days had passed since she had crafted her breastplate, but it looked as though she was about to have a matching set of gauntlets. As the final product rest before her, she inhaled sharply. "Wow."

• Rolled a 11 on the d12 (craft) dice.

{+1 (Hammer of Dawn) = 10. Perfect item. Up for approval.}

Item: Gauntlets

Name: Rose Gauntlets

Quality: Perfect
Shop: Wild Rose Forge
Description: +2 accuracy, +1 Life Steal.

Silver gauntlets with pink accents.

Still high on the adrenaline of her last craft, Lessa grabbed for another material without even thinking about it. "Let's go again," she cried, thrusting the material into the flames.

She rushed through the craft, and perhaps that has something to do with how poorly it turned out. As she struck it excitedly with her hammer, it simply crumpled up into a battered pile on her anvil. The blonde frowned. "Well that was a dud," she exclaimed. She dropped her hammer on her workbench, and used a pair of tongs to lift the ugly pile of worthless material. She dropped it into the pile of failed crafts. "What a waste," she growled.

• Rolled a 2 on the d12 (craft) dice.

{Craft failed. Material lost.} 

Rebekah opened the door to the shop on the second floor. It had been a while since she was here. She looked at her weapon, it had served her well, but it was time for her to look for something stronger. She waited for the shop keeper to show up before waiting to give her the request.

Item: Rapier

Name: Heartstriker

Quality: Perfect

Description: +3 Damage

"Is this possible?" she asked, as she awaited a reply. She could pay from either col or mats.

The bell on the front door rang cheerfully. Lessa glanced up from her anvil, startled by the sound. She had never had guests before. Setting aside her hammer, she moved to the front of the shop.

As she spotted the young woman, she smiled warmly. "Hello!" She greeted. Then, she took a moment to think over the woman's request. "I'm sure I could do this for you," she confirmed, nodding slightly. She blushed a bit before continuing. "I'm still new, so I can only craft about three items per day. But I'd be happy to work on this. You're my first customer, so maybe you could just reimburse me for materials? I'll just use this as a learning experience."

Encouraged by her first customer, Lessa returned to the depths of her shop. She selected a material, and began the process of heating it up. When she moved to her anvil, and picked up her hammer, she felt more confident than ever. "Alright, time to work," she said to herself. And she struck the material with her hammer. It immediately shattered into pieces. She let lose a string of cuss words.

{Rolled a 3. Craft failed. Material lost. 1 material for Rebekah.}

The woman chewed on her lower lip, studying her anvil closely. Something had to change if she was going to make Rebekah her weapon. She wanted so badly to please her first customer. Finally, Lessa plucked another material from her pile, and shoved it into the fire. Moments later, it was on her anvil. Unfortunately, all of the thinking in the world did not guarantee her a perfect craft.

{Rolled a 5. Bad item. Material lost. 1 material for Rebekah.}

Lessa frowned. The craft was not going nearly as well as she had hoped, and she was burning through her material quickly. She would need to buckle down and focus if she wanted to make Rebekah a perfect item. She bit her lower lip, studying her remaining materials. Then, with a sigh, she picked up the next one. No way to know if I'll improve unless I keep working.

Much to her dismay, her next item was far from perfect. It was, however, a good item. A step in the right direction, in the very least. "I'll get there," she said aloud.

{(112) Rolled a 6. +1 from Hammer of Dawn = 7. Good item. 1 material for Rebekah.} 

Lessa did not even notice the stranger attempting to get her attention from her lobby. She was focused entirely on crafting a perfect weapon for Rebekah. Unfortunately, it was proving to be more of a challenge than she had ever imagined.

"Come on," she muttered through gritted teeth. She struck the glowing material a few more times, but was displeased with the result. "This is getting ridiculous," she growled. "I can't keep using Rebekah's items like this."

{(136) Rolled a 7. +1 from Hammer of Dawn = 8. Good item. 1 material for Rebekah.}

Tristan entered the forge, looking around and seeing Lessa. Especially after the fight with the avalanche boss, he knew he needed armour, badly.

He waved when Lessa looked her way, probably from the ring of the bell due to the door.

"Hello! I've got eight materials here and I want you to use as much as possible of it. I'd first like a breastplate with damage mitigation buffs of any quality above good. Then I want the same for vambraces with Paralysis, and if from there you still have materials from the eight to use, a weapon has accuracy for any slots more than my current 1.".

(I'll do pictures and description when I receive them, assuming items made by you have an automatic approval)

"Hey Tristan," Lessa greeted, moving to the front of the shop to greet him. "I can definitely work on that for you. I'm not sure when I'll have it finished, since I do have a few projects ahead of you. But I'd be more than happy to do it." She gave him a quick smile, then rubbed her forehead, wiping a fine line of soot across her skin. "I'll let you know as soon as it is finished.

Returning to her anvil, Lessa knew that she had to hurry up and finish Rebekah's sword. There was so much to do, and she needed to buckle down and get it done. Unfortunately, her next result was only a good item. "Next time," she growled, tossing the item aside and grabbing another material.

{(302) Rolled a 6. +1 from Hammer of Dawn = 7. Good item. 1 material for Rebekah.}