[PP- F2] Hankerin' for Hunger [Complete]

Mari moaned loudly, she was lying on the grassy plain on the second floor, pink hair and clothes strewn around her. She had wandered up this way to attempt to scab some food off of someone. Mari whined, "I want Fooooood. GOOD Foood....stupid game..."  She hadn't really eaten much, barring bread and some goat meat. She began to wish that she had taken up the cooking profession so she could, well, cook - she could probably easily enough buy or loot monster meats; boars, goats and the like - but when it came to cooking it, she'd probably just burn it all.

Rebekah walked by the busy town on floor two. She was looking for a specific store to pick up a few items that she had been needing to restock, the typical stuff. As she was walking, she noticed a girl sitting there on the lying their. It was quite rare for her to see players lying around on a floor doing nothing, so she decided to walk over and see if anything is going wrong. After all, her shopping trip was not urgent, just to stock up on random items that might come in handy somewhere.

Mari yawned, closing her eyes and stretched. She opened them to see a peach haired girl staring down at her, long hair cascading over her shoulders, copper eyes wide with curiosity. 

"Eh?"

The other girl blinked, seeing that the conversation wouldn't go anywhere unless she asked something, Mari spoke up. "Take a picture sweetheart, it lasts longer." She sat up, brushing blades of grass off of her top and out of her hair. "Don't think I've seen another girl before," Mari commented, coldly. "starting to assume they all died or something."

This girl was semi-correct. There were many girls around, but not all of them are often active at the same time. Rebekah, herself, have not been partying with people as often lately, so she did not know if that was true.

"There's more than a few of us around." she replied. "What brings you out here lying on the grass?" She knew that it was dangerous for any girl anybody to be sleeping outside by themselves in this game.

Mari was rude, and couldn't care a less what others thought of her, but her usual temper and slew of insults usually only came about if it was instigated - generally by people who were arrogant. This girl wasn't arrogant, nor was she being rude to Mari, so Mari - whilst blunt, had no reason to be vulgar toward her.

"I suppose you're right." Mari began, closing her eyes again, she gave a small yawn. "Grass is comfy. I enjoy the smell of it, it's nicer here than in town. With any luck I may come across a boar or some other animal, which may drop some meat or something. I am so sick of bread."

It had just hit her, she was looking for something to eat. Then she remembered, not everyone in this game spends the time to level up their cooking skill effectively. "Are you hungry?" Rebekah asked.

She did not have any food on her, but she did know where to find them, she has been out and about this region of floor 2 a lot, and knew where to explore for certain types of food. The girl was right about that she could kill different types of animals that she runs into. However, the problem are player killers that cannot lurk inside of towns, but can be found outside.

Mari gave a wry grin, taunting the other girl. "Gee, whatever gave you that idea, genius? Was it because I just mentioned food?" Mari sighed, pushing her fringe up and out of her face as she sat up. Sticking out a hand to give the other a handshake. "Mari."

Mari had been mildly rude, and wouldn't be shocked if she drove the other girl away, the pink haired loud mouth seemed to be making enemies left right and centre.

"Hello Mari, I am Rebekah" she said. Well, she could assume by her attitude that her own prediction was correct, she was a bit hungry. After all, nobody would want to continually keep eating the standard bread if they could help it. Even Rebekah herself, was not a fan of the standard bread that they gave out, it lacked something after a while, but she still had hers just in case for emergencies.

"Well, I assume you do not want to eat bread anymore? Since I have nothing else to do, would you want to go visit a restaurant/bar in a town to go get some food, or do we want to hunt & catch it ourselves?" She gave her the option, as it was entirely up to her.

Mari was a tad surprised when Rebekah didn't reel, or even react to her rude demeanour. She simply smiled sweetly, introducing herself. "Are you daft?" Mari blurted out before biting her tongue. She hadn't expected to say it, she had only thought it. Wondering how the other girl could be so friendly and perky toward a someone who was so rude, much less a stranger.

"I am so sick of that drivel," Mari muttered, getting up off the ground and dusting herself of. "Honestly, if they are going to trap us here they really should make it a little easier to obtain food. I'm not a cook, I would probably burn down whatever place I tried to cook my materials in." Mari mused, "I have all these mats but have no idea what to do with them."

Crossing her arms she sighed, "Not sure about the restaurant, I'm not the most likable person around, you may just find yourself in the middle of a verbal war."

Mari was semi-correct in her thinking. It was tough for a new player to find food other than bread as they did not have the resources to obtain anything more, either by killing it outright or by paying for it at a inn with col. Her attitude was not really that bad, her brothers were way worst, and that's how she had forgotten she had found refuge by being stuck in this death game, away from the daily quarrels at home.

Anyways, she had received her answer, "What would you like to eat?" as she felt the need to go on a hunting trip shortly.

Mari shrugged, continuing to dust herself off. Carefully making sure each and every blade of grass was removed. "Hmm.." Mari thought aloud, "Frankly as long as its not bread - I don't care. I wouldn't mind some sort of meat actually. I've only ever eaten it once, and honestly - it was really pleasant, with the myriad of spices it had on it. But as I said; I ain't no cook."

Rebekah looked over, the first thing that came in her head was some boars, but they were really far away on the grasslands of level one. However, she remembered that there was a group of wild cows that would respawn right around that corner, not too far from here.

"Don't worry about cooking it, as long as we can kill it, I can handle the rest." Rebekah said. She knew that having her camping stove in her inventory one of these days would come in handy. She pointed towards the general direction that they would be headed, and lead her the way.

Mari eyed the girl suspiciously, "Oh - so you're a cook? The Cooking profession right? Why didn't you just say that in the first place? Geez..." Mari chewed her lip, she knew she had the performer class, beyond that she didn't have much else, what use was the class really? Perhaps she was too rash in her decision. 

Mari followed Rebekah, silently at first, she was horrible at small talk. She generally just ended up being too blunt and insulting to the other person. "So, nice lass like you, walking about on her own, what's the deal?"

Oops, came out as an insult. Oh Mari!

"I like to be a solo-player" Rebekah replied. She often prefered being a solo-player, as she does not have to deal with dynamics in a group. However, she does often create parties with a lot of the newer players to show them the game, when they are new. She enjoyed that aspect of partying, as she could help them by guiding them the way. She looked over at Lessa, and wanted to say that she did not have to be a cook to cook things. As long as she had the right set of equipment on her, it would be easy.

Anyways, they had found what they were looking for, a wild cow up ahead. "Do you want to go first?" she asked.

Mari nodded in agreement, "Mm, I don't do well with others. The amount of death threats I've received," She shook her head, "You'd think the game was filled with nothing but self entitled brats."  

Mari stopped noticing some cows grazing on the grass before her, "mmmm that depends - what level are you? I've just hit 7 recently, if we can One hit then - it'd be better for us."

Rebekah replied, "Depends what kind of enemies you make, if you are stronger than them, then it does not really matter as much." She had been sure not to make enemies in this game, especially when she was trying to level up to become a lot stronger. Now, it does not matter to her anymore, since she has gotten past that stage.

Anyways, that's enough thinking, she took out rapier, and tried to carefully attack the cow near one of its major blood vessels. She thrusts her rapier in, and pulls it out, only to realize she narrowly missed that critical point she was trying to aim. She has been focusing a lot on accuracy lately.

634 BD: 6

Rebekah 21/21

Mari 17/17

Cow 7/11

Mari shrugged, "I guess that is true. Sadly, my equipment is not up to scratch. I am not really one for fighting, or quests. Since most of them require you to partner up with someone, and in case you haven't noticed; I'm a bother." She gave a bitter laugh, and watched as Rebekah took out a Rapier, it was nice - seeing someone fight with a smaller weapon like herself. 

Size doesn't always matter.

Mari equipped her dagger; and stepped to the side, aiming to strike at the cow

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice. Critical Success!
-4HP 

Mari was surprised that she managed to score a critical hit on the slow moving creature, it gave an anguished moo; "HA!" She exclaimed in a victorious cry.

Rebekah 21/21

Mari 17/17

Cow 3/11

-- Cow --

The cow was peacefully grazing on the grassy hill when two players had attacked it right away. It had wanted to be left alone, but now had to fight. It had charged towards the first girl with the light brown-ish hair that attacked it, but she was easily able to dodge as she was a lot more agile than the big heavy cow.

693: Mob = 4 (Miss)

Rebekah 21/21

Mari 17/17

Cow 3/11

As the cow charged past her, she managed to stick her rapier out to slice its legs as it went by. She had hoped that getting one side would be enough to finish the job, or at least immobilize it so that Mari can finish it off. However, her power was too strong for the cow, and just the single weak attack had finished it off. She looked up at Mari, "You did fine out there. Anyways, how would you like your food (beef) cooked?" Rebekah asked.

694: BD = 5 (+1) = 6; LD = 7

Rebekah 21/21

Mari 17/17

Cow 0/11

+ Drop (Beef)

Mari grinned, giving Rebekah a small, congratulatory clap. "Kudos girl. Clearly, ya got more power than my widdle ol' blade right now." Mari said, somewhat sincerly as she twirled her dagger around in her hands. "Sometimes I think I should have gone with a bigger weapon. But I love this little thing. It's darling."

The other girl asked how Mari wanted it to be cooked, Mari chewed her lip, thinking for a moment. "Not sure how cooking in this game works. Steak? medium rare with some sort of garlic sauce?" Mari asked,
"If not then just slice n dice it. Sh*t I'd eat it raw."