Though a witch doesn't care!

---

Answer the following riddles true!

Take just one or maybe two?

Nay! you say, you want all three?

Fine! Okay, if you answer to me!

?? Riddles ??

"If you only eat me, you'll die.
If you're rich, you need me. But if you're poor you might have me.
I'm higher than infinity, but could also be zero.

What am I?"

"You'll find me at the beginning of eternity and at the end of time.
I begin every end and am the end of every place.
What am I?"

"You don't have to know what I am to refer to me.
Be specific and you might not find me.
You might even say I could be nothing.
I'm the correct answer to all three of these witch riddles!
But be careful, you could answer with me and still be wrong! 
What am I?"

OOC:

You may roleplay in this thread, but Do Not post your riddle answers here!!  Answers to riddles must be sent via PM to me to qualify for rewards. You may RP it out as whispering to the Witch. You can answer any number of riddles, the more you get correct the greater the reward.  But watch out!  A wrong answer comes with a cost! Each character may only attempt to answer once, there's no second chances. Take some time to think, but don't wait too long! Or when you come back, the witch might be gone :)

Players cannot attack the witch.

Yuji is walking around the town center when he hear someone cackling.

"What's that,a raid boss?!"

He quickly run there to see what is it about. To his surprise he found a witch with bubbling cauldron.   

Witch: "Come closer boy,I ahve a riddle for you. Answer it and I will give you some reward.....if it is correct that is. Hehehehehehehehe"
Yuji: "You won't throw me into the cauldron would you?"
Witch: "No,but if you want to I can do that. Hehehehehehhe"

Yuji: "No thanks. So what is your riddle old witch?"
Witch: "Listen well,boy."

As he listen to the riddle,his head begin to find the answer to the riddle. He is getting dizzy as he think harder.

Witch: "So do you know the answer,boy? Hehehehe."
Yuji: "Give me some time....I think I need some time to think..."
Witch: "Take all the time you need boy. But not too long...I ahve some...brewing to do. Hehehehehe."

Yuji then sit at the nearby bench and begin thinking harder.

L was walking through the town centre, he was done with the density of some of his current events. He took a moment to breath in the fresh cold night air. As it filled his lung he noticed an off scent. He closed his eyes and sniffed the air to get the direction as to the source of the smell. He turned his head to find a boiling cauldron and a witch. That would explain the smell but he wondered what this was all about.. most likely a halloween event. He walked over to the witch and heard her words.

"The rewards are more than fair!

---

Fine! Okay, if you answer to me!"

He smiled politely and walked over to the witch "Finally a test of wit, very interesting and impressive" The witch eye'd him and smiled "Deary me.. BOY!... Do you dare answer these riddles? The rewards could be great, or.. they could be horribly terrifying.. trick, or, treat!" She gave off a blood curdling cackle though he showed no signs of fear. He smirked and shook his head "I care not for your twisted threats hag. Give me your riddles and the rewards will be mine" The witch gave off a wicked smile "So be it then, just be careful what you wish for.." She began to recite the riddles slowly but rhythmically, almost like some kind of sick twisted lullaby. 

When she was done L couldn't help but chuckle. They where very interesting indeed. "I'll have these figured out before you can spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" The witch looked at him rather confused. He dismissed her expression and leant against the towns well, thinking intensively. When he was done he whispered the words into the witches ears, calmly and confidently. 

After banging his head on the wall for a few times,he finally think of the answer.

"I hope it's the answer to her riddles.."

As he approach the lady,he see a familiar person walking away from the witch.

"Wasn't he the Reddo Ippan? So he like riddles too huh..."

He then walk quickly to the witch.

Witch: "Do you ahve the answer,boy?"
Yuji: "I think so,the answer is -whisper- . So is it correct?"
Witch: "Maybe,I'm not sure myself boy. Hehehehehe."
Yuji: "So I have to wait?"
Witch: "Wait you must,boy. I'll tell you if I have the answer by magical whisper."
Yuji: "Whatever. I'm going back to the first floor. Don't make me wait long witch."
Witch: "Don't worry boy. Hehehehehehehe."

Yuji quickly leave the area and go to the town portal. As he leave the area,he can hear the witch laugh.

"I hope my answer is correct..."

Mari was on one of her usual strolls through the town, she noticed a gathering of players near the town centre - she had half a mind to avoid the whole lot f them; but there was an odd scent in the air, and curiosity got the better of her. The small girl pushed her way through the crowd, not bothering with an 'excuse me' or a 'I'm sorry'

Mari stumbled forward, stopping short of a green haired witch, giggling to herself as she stirred a large cauldron that to Mari, smelt suspiciously of cumin. 

"Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

A Witch's riddle for the mind;

Hope your answer's just like mine!

Its okay if you dare be clever;

Maybe I'll make you live forever!"

Mari scratched her head, "Uhm...." Glancing around she noticed that other players were whispering things into the witches ear, answers maybe? How hard could the riddles be? "Alright, let's hear them." Mari said, feeling a tad silly talking to an NPC, but the witch responded, giving her all three riddles. Mari, upon hearing the first one gave a snort, by the time the third riddle was finished Mari was laughing. She knew the answers, she knew the answers to all three.

"Oh my!" She beamed, "is this meant to be hard? Because it really, really isnt... oh my..." 

Mari sauntered up to the witch, and just as the other players had done she whispered her answers into the NPC's ear. Confident she was correct.

As he wandered along the paths Asagi could see something out of the ordinary down the way.  It was obviously something like a bonfire off to the side, he decided to investigate this strange occurence.  The distance shrank and he could clearly see a cauldron with a young black garbed girl standing next to it seemingly stirring something into the large vessel.  The clothing was obviously that of a stereotypical witch from storybooks and he could see a slightly different quest marker above the NPCs head.  What exactly was this anyway?  As he got close the NPC turned and addressed him in a very programmed dialogue.

Maybe i'll make you live forever!

EEEHEHAHHAHAHAHA!!!"

Well now he thought, seemed this was a little odd but interesting turn of events.  What were these called again...........special events?  Yes he believed that term to be correct.  As she spoke her riddles the witch was overly energetic which made Asagi chuckle a little.  The riddles didn't seem overtly hard or anything and as she finished he spoke.

"Witch I accept you challenge, your riddles aren't going to stump me I assure you."

Walking up close to the witch he whispered into the NPCs ear his answers.

"Now what exactly is your prize partitioner of incantations?"

Kazuya was walking around in his usual regalia. He was rather bored with everything that was happening this far, and wanted something that could really test his wits. It wasn't long until he stumbled upon an rather unusual NPC. Immediately, the woman spouted off what had to be a preprogrammed line.

Maybe i'll make you live forever!

EEEHEHAHHAHAHAHA!!!"

He scratched his chin as she told the riddles. 'Wow these are some new ones. This is just what I've been looking for.' He thought long and hard about he three riddles then leaned in.

"I've got it the answer is <whisper>. This little exchange was more than enough to satisfy, but I would say that I wouldn't mind the prize. It doesn't have to be big."

Plague heard about a special event that was going to happen on the second floor and hurried, when he hear the cackling his only thoughts were "Oh, no! Did I miss the event?" He sprinted to the source of the sound and when he approached it, 'it' happened to be a witch and it recited 

Double, double toil and trouble;

Maybe I'll make you live forever!

The rewards are more than fair!

---

Fine! Okay, if you answer to me!

After listening to the witch recite the riddles Plague pondered.

"Take all the time you need little one."

"HEY! I am not little."

"You are still a younging"

"No, I am fourteen!" He said a bit too proudly

"Yes and I am one hundred times older than you."

"Uhhh… The riddle, yeah the riddle." He said a bit distracted

Plague got up the the witch and whispered in her ear the answers to the riddles, hoping he got them correct.

Event Results

Correct Answers

Riddle 1

Plague

Tristan

Lotharian

Argumail

Mari

Ethereal

Life

Orhalimi

Riddle 2

Kazuya

Plague

Argumail

Mari

Ethereal

Life

Yuji

Orhalimi

Riddle 3

Ethereal

Incorrect Answers

Riddle 1

Yuji

Riddle 2

Lotharian 

Riddle 3

Plague 

Lotharian

Mari

Life

Orhalimi

Prizes and curses will be awarded in the final post very soon. 

Rewards and Curses

Note: If you got more than one riddle correct you still receive the previous rewards.  For example if you got all 3 correct, you would get all 3 rewards.  This applies for incorrect answers too. You may have got 2 correct, and one wrong.  In this case you would receive reward 1 and 2, but still suffer the curse consequence.  Thanks for playing!

Riddle Answers!

1. 'Nothing'
  2. 'E'
  3. 'Something' or 'it' 

------------

1 riddle correct:

Candy Bag

:arrow: Effect: Grab a handful of candies to eat. Receive a morale bonus. +1 to all dice rolls for the next two posts.

The candy bag has 3 charges.  This means it can be used 3 times total.

Uses a post action.

2 riddles correct:

Strange Brew

:arrow: Drink the potion and resolve the CD with the table below. This does not require a post action.

1-2: Ah, Frog-it! Transform into a toad for your next 2  posts.  You cannot take any combat actions or use items while toadafied.

3-7: Supersize! Grow twice your current size for the duration of a thread or up to one game day, which ever comes first.  Gain +2 DMG while supersized!

8-12: Gender Bender! Transform into the opposite gender! This transformation lasts for one game day or a single thread, whichever comes first.  Gain an insight bonus resulting in +3 skill points.

3 riddles correct:

Ghostly Guides

:arrow: Spectral apparitions may appear and reveal secrets. No one else can see them, unless they too have this ability or are haunted. Gain a permanent +1 to LD rolls. You may add this as an extra skill in your journal. It has no ranks.

Failed Riddles, any amount:

You must complete the following mandatory roleplay before taking any new Quests.

You've been cursed!   :eek: 

Complete a roleplay at least 2 pages long, playing out the influence of the curse and finally removing it. Accepted formats are [PP] or [sP]. 

Examples of curses:

Clumsy, Ugly, Mute, Blind, Feeble, haunted, or Turned in to a toad!  :blink:

To overcome the curse, one must complete a task that would generally be considered very unlikely given the circumstances.  Disney movies are great references.  Gain an additional +1 skill point for completing this RP.