PP-F3: Bump in the night [COMPLETE]

It was well into night time now, and Mari was propped up against a boulder, resting in the grassy plains, overlooking the horizon – dotted with the entrance of a foreboding forest. There was a slight chill to the soft breeze, but it wasn’t enough to require a jumper, or anything of the sort. The stars dotted the night sky above, the milky way streaking across the centre of the sky.

Mari gave a soft murmur, half dozing; having an unsafe habbit of choosing to sleep outside, reminiscent of her time in the real world.
It was well into night time now, and Mari was propped up against a boulder, resting in the grassy plains, overlooking the horizon – dotted with the entrance of a foreboding forest. There was a slight chill to the soft breeze, but it wasn’t enough to require a jumper, or anything of the sort. The stars dotted the night sky above, the milky way streaking across the centre of the sky.

Mari gave a soft murmur, half dozing; having an unsafe habbit of choosing to sleep outside, reminiscent of her time in the real world.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The night being young, and the cool summer air filled the sky, Moartea walking around on the third floor, a beach like place. One that he never had a chance to go to, as this was a rather nice floor, his sword Fenris strapped to his waist, even though he knew most of the enemies on this floor didn't come out at night. He just felt out of place if he didn't have his signature curved sword with him, the monster blade reaching 54 in in total length, his Magnus Tower Shield was not equipped, for he didn't feel as he needed it. The cool breeze kicking up sand and the tail of his attire, a outfit that was his own and was incredibly fancy.

A royal purple calf length leather coat, with gold trim along the outline of his coat, mapping even to the collar and the shoulders. it had two silver buttons located opposite of each shoulder, each one in the position of the shoulder meeting the chest, as the coat had a slight pink section near the outline of his coat, with a silver belt, having many fine details and intricate designs built into the layout. The coat having a built in vest shirt, consisting of a grey frame, with two rows of five silver grey buttons reaching to the base of the vest, lined with black coloring as his coat has two built in leather strips connected to the silver belt that wrap around to the back of his coat, a pair of black leather pants, and a pair of metal like boots reaching up to his knees, that have a pink outline with two sets of two white dots on each boot. 

As he wandered around the shoreline, he gazed up to see the light of the moon greet him, as his long jet black hair, pinned back in a hair pin, his Slate grey eyes scanning the see as he saw the moons reflection. A wondrous sight, to see, the glimmer of the light bouncing off the water, making the area illuminate a faint grey blue colour. As his made his ivory white skin glimmer much more than usual, as his shadow cast a rather long pose, he standing a 6'1, he was the average height of most men in Romania, but his weight was rather lighter than most, him being only about 165 lbs. Moartea stopped and turned as he looked for a place to sit down and watch the waves come in, and to listen to the sound of the ocean, as the smell of salt filled the air was rather nice. As he found a place to sit down, he took a moment to look around as he saw someone in the distance, near a boulder, he payed them no mind as they seemed to be having a rather pleasant time to themselves.

-OOC: Moartea's Outfit-

post-3241-0-27563400-1415082211_thumb.pn

Mari yawned, slowly sitting up she stretched her arms high above her head, arched her back then cracked her fingers. "Oh dear..." She mumbled wearily to herself. Scratching her cheek she decided that she might wander down to the shoreline, the sound of the sea clashing against the rocks wouldn't exactly keep her awake - but it'd serve to be a tranquil sound. Mari paused in her tracks, noticing another player. Her eyes widened in surprise, then narrowed in confusion. Surprise that she had ran into another player, in a place like this, at this time of night.

Confusion because of what he wore, his attire seemed almost regal, refined - and then there was his sword. It dragged in the sand behind him.  The two stared at each other in a sort of dazed silence, crystalline blue eyes meeting crystalline blue eyes. The man was almost a head and a half taller than Mari, and she had to tilt her head slightly upward to meet his gaze.

"Didn't expect to see anyone here."

She finally said.

Moartea finally seeing the player from before, now standing before him, as it was a woman, her blue eyes seemed to lock onto his Slate grey ones. He heard her speak and he responded as well, "Aye, tis rare to see nay another player wandering the floors at night." "But I cared to see the sights when there isn't any players about, what of you?" "Are you here to see the sights as well?" His Romanian accent bursting through his lips and filling the air, as his speech type was rather Old English. He sat down and placed Fenris behind him and strapped her to the back of his waist, and stayed hunched over, as he looked up at the young woman. "Care to take a seat miss?" He said pointing at the spot next to him, as his long jet black hair slightly dazzled upwards, clinging to the breeze that just came by.

Mari was taken aback, both by his accent and his speech mannerisms; holding an Old English flair with a...what was it? Russian? Perhaps Romanian? Mari wasn't quite sure on the accent, and wasn't going to ask - it didn't concern her, nor bother her. It was simply, a shock. She was so used to seeing younger players in the game, whose manners and enunciation were something less than desired.

Combing slender fingers through silken trestles, dancing softly in the warm breeze Mari gave a shrug. "Honestly, I prefer to sleep outside." Crystalline eyes travelled skyward, and danced between the stars, "Something about the sea air, the milky way. It reminds me of home." As her eyes travelled back toward the mystery man he had sat down, carefully shifting his weapon to rest behind him. He offered a seat, and since he had yet to do anything to really bother her, Mari obliged. 

"It's odd, hearing someone so well spoken in the confines of this game," Mari mused, placing her hands awkwardly in her lap. Eyes focused on the dark rolling waves crashing against the shore in front of them, "Mari." She said. Introducing herself, no doubt with much less finesse than her current counterpart. 

"Tis a pleasure to meet you Mari, I am Moartea, and sleeping outside reminds thous of home?" "Tis great to hold onto the things that bring back good memories, the fourth floor reminds me of my home, how I do miss the cold of Romania." He said, giving off a small piece of his origin, as he looked at the sea waves coming in, as then looked at the sky, "May it be odd, aye, not a many people speak like this, but I was taught how to be a refined gentleman." Moartea says as he leans back and stretches his arms up, as the sound of his back snapping filled the air, he stopped and fully laid his back on the rock and placed his hands behind his head, while he crossed his legs. He looked up at the sky and the stars that were there, "Tis a shame, nay any of these constellations match the ones back in the real world, Kayaba could have at least gone that far." He responded, a little depressed tone filled his voice slightly as he sighed and turned his head towards Mari, "So, do tell me, what brought you to this floor?" "Other than the sleeping outside, you could have done that on any of the floors, but must I ask, why this one?" He gave her a curious look, and a slight smile was forming, even though his eyes gave a cool, and almost cold feel, as his face other than the smile, was rather doll like and emotionless.

"Ah! Romania, that's what that accent was." Mari thought aloud, Moartea commented on the stars, Mari bought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Hugging them to herself tightly. "Can't expect everything to be perfect. Really, should be grateful we get this much." Mari mused, "Why look at what you don't have? You have a whole world within your grasp. We sit atop a floating castle in the sky. So forgive me, if I think that worrying about the constellations, seems a tad inessential." She sounded as though she was chastising him, and in a way she was - Mari generally came off as rude, without meaning to. She was frank with her words and tone.

Mari finally tore her eyes from the shoreline to look down into his slate eyes, curious. It was an innocent question, but Mari didn't know this man, she didn't exactly want to divulge her entire life story to him. Mari pushed her hair out of her face, brushing it behind her ears. "Sometimes, listening to the ocean is nice. Other floors are snow, and sand - and I don't think that is exactly comfortable."  She finally rested on a logical answer, one that wouldn't require her to give too much personal information to the man.

Moartea nodding at the answer he got, as he then turned his body back up to the sky and sighed, "Aye, your right, but to me the little things mean the most in life, but I understand that much work was put into this world." "And I applaud your thought on the matter Mari, and as for that I thank you." He said as he then pulled up his right index finger and slide it down, as his menu appeared in his HUD, and he materialized a book. The book reading Romeo & Juliet, Shakespeare, a favorite novel of his to have, as he began reading to himself, and glancing back at Mari every so two to three minutes, as he was speed reading his way through the novel. His jet black hair slightly falling into his face, as he ignored it and continued to read his book, as the sound of the ocean filled the air, and the smell of salt floated around the shoreline, making everything as it should.

Mari scratched her chin, "You're an odd one Moartea. Not many people thank me for my opinion, I'm too blunt it seems."

Just as Mari was begining to think this Moartea fellow wasn't really that bad to talk to, he had pulled out a book. A BOOK? What the censored !  Mari thought that to be extremely rude of him. Granted their conversation was light at best, but it was still a conversation nonetheless. If someone had done that to her in reality she would have picked up the book and thrown it out the nearest window.

"You know...." Mari began in an annoyed tone. "For someone so formal with your speech - you don't seem all that well mannered. Taking out a book in the middle of the conversation?" She asked, her voice raising slightly.  "It's downright inconsiderate."

The quick to anger girl huffed, crossing her arms over her chest, turning her attention back toward the ocean.

Moartea quickly snapped the book shut, as his eyes quickly shifted towards her, his gaze rather cold, as he flipped the cover to show her the title. "Forgive me, but I thought that I could multitask, and converse with thou." "But it seems that isn't the case here, unless thou would like to read with me?" He said to Mari as he placed the book down and looked at her with his Slate grey eyes, ones that gave off cold vibes, and his face now emotionless, and doll like, as his voice was mono toned and rather robot like. As his aura was gone, yet he gave off a positive feeling, as he was trying to apologize to Mari, and with that he placed the book back in his inventory and leaned forward, looking back at the ocean view. The Moartea looked back at Mari and spoke, "If thou didn't like that, then thou could have taken the book and tossed it into the ocean, either way i would have not gotten mad, as I apologize for my inconsideration." He said as his voice was now more human and had abit of grief and regret in it.

Moarteas eyes darted to her, and he shut the book with a quick snap, the sound giving off a slight echo in the dead of the night. His slate eyes stared her down, and Mari – not being one to easily back down stared right back. Multitasking was one thing, but pulling out a book and focusing on it was another. Mari was about to comment on just that, she opened her mouth to say something, but the quiet, restrained man before her offered for her to join.

Mari blinked, she wasn’t really expecting that, and it was difficult to read his face – it held no emotion nor indication to what he was feeling. “I’m not a real fan of Romeo and Juliet.” She finally murmured, “Romeo is made out to be this romantic pinnacle of a man – but really, he was a fool.”

Moartea spoke, this time his voice lilted; hints of grief within it. Maybe lonliness? She wasn’t sure, “I thought about it.” Mari honestly replied. “But that’d be just as rude, if not more. Senseless destruction is not my forte. Be it a person, or an object. You may not have gotten mad, but it seems that just the thought upsets you.”

Moartea nodded at her evaluation, and kept his emotions bottled up, "Aye, he may have been a fool, but even fools deserve some hope of finding what they want, even if fire and damnation is what they find in the after life." "As I truly think the ending was rather pitiful, and anti-climatic, but tis none the less a great read, even if it holds some distasteful events." He said in a mono toned voice, as his thoughts were on the ocean now, as he responded not turning his head, "Nay, I rarely ever get angry, maybe before hand I would have, but ever since the accident... I never was the same." Moartea said, as he pulled one leg up and placed the bottom of his chin on it and rested it there, as more of his past was unfolding, even if it was little bits at a time.

"I suppose everyone deserves some sort of hope; without it we all go a little mad. I've come across many a mad people here." Mari began, offhandedly beginning to open up to the darkly dressed man. "I am blunt, and quick to anger; so it frustrates me, but I'm well adjusted. I'm not overly bothered by the notion of being trapped here - others,  don't have it that easy. I guess I forget how many younger people are here."

It seems as though the other man had began to open up as well, if only a bit. The two were heavily guarded, and it made conversation between them a little strained, but Mari  found that the conversation was more or less pleasant. Anything that didn't involve someone threatening to behead her was a-ok in her books. Mari turned to Moartea, watching his facial expressions, framed by a curtain of silken black hair; attempting to figure out what he was feeling. His voice turned stoic. 

"Is that why you're so...robotic?" Mari asked bluntly. 

"Aye, I suffer from Amnesia, and as such... for I remember not one event from my past up to 5 years ago, anything before that, I remember not." "My foster mother, who is my wet nurse, is the one who tried to teach'eth me all i forgot." "For thou see... I'm not a normal person, I'm the son to the Duke of Romania Transylvania, or rather i was until the accident." "My family tried to hide it from me, they told me that my father died in a plane accident on his way to the United States, but alas i found the news paper clippings on the net, as they held the truth." "My father was not killed by a plane crashing, he was killed by a bullet to the brain, in my home, my Castle, as I was beaten to near death by the men who came in, not do i recall anything about that, i was told a vase slammed into my head, and that's how i lost my memories, i... was told I had changed after that event, I even lost my name, they told me I became mellow and meek, to a point, as I was also  very closed off and emotionless." Moartea said, with not a single emotion on his face, as he said all this with the calmest toned of voice and straightest face anyone could have while talking about something like that.

They say when it rains it pours; and boy howdy that was what Moartea was doing, his monotone voice speaking as though his past, his words were rehearsed, spoken hundreds upon hundreds of times before. So he had some sort of Amnesia? Mari supposed it was better than some mock split personality, not that any sort of mental issue was right, that is.

He was Romanian royalty? That would explain his speech and apparent like of Shakespeare. He had a less than pleasant upbringing, with the murder of a father, and severe physical trauma, that said trauma messed with his personality. His emotions. Mari could buy that, she'd read something about that sort of thing happening to people. There wasn't much she could say to him. 

Comforting someone wasn't something Mari was good at, and she didn't really feel like sharing much of her own past, her next words were about as close as Moartea would currently get. "I can understand where your mother was coming from, in a sense - she wanted to protect you."

Moartea turned his head slightly to Mari, as his expression was somewhat pained, as she said mother, though Valentina was his current mother, he wished he knew who his birth mother was. As he looked away, and bite his lip, he spoke, "A...aye, she did, though at some points she lets the truth come forth, as she knows she can't protect me all the time." He said, not knowing why he was acting like this, hearing about his mother made his heart ache, as he missed home dearly, though now, he put on a straight face and bottled up his emotions and looked back at Mari. "I thank you Mari, you have... been rather pleasant and kind to me, though we may have had a few rough patches, I think you and I are going to get along splendidly." "So Mari, what doth thou want to do now?" "We may continue to converse, or we can go for a swim, the water seems to be calling out to us." Moartea said as he looked at Mari, and hoped she wouldn't disprove his idea, though he knew she might have her own opinion on the situation.

Mari noted the pained expression he gave, normally she wouldn't but considering the man never normally expressed anything. Any minute flicker of emotion was made painfully obvious. "A mother may know she can't protect their child all the time, but that won't stop them from trying. Trust me, I know." Mari would have done anything, anything to have protected her daughter, and now she was unable to ever see her again. Mari lowered her gaze to her lap. It was rarely something she bought up, rather - this was the first time she ever bought up something so personal.

She didn't look up till Moartea said she had been pleasant to talk to. "What?" She didn't mean for it to come out so rudely it was just unexpected. "You'd probably be one of the first to think that." 
He posed another question, that she wasn't expecting - he wanted to continue to spend time with her. The swimming thing, did peak her interest.

"I don't think I'm exactly dressed for swimming." Mari commented; gesturing to her white jumper and pastel polka dotted skirt.

"Neither am I, but it shall not stop me." He said as he quickly switched his clothes, his once fancy outfit changed to a buttoned dress shirt, and a pair of pants. As his shoes were gone, he didn't care if his clothing got wet, he could just get more, he got up and turned to Mari. "Shall we go then?" He said in warm manner of speaking, his gaze rather warmer than before, as his hand was extended outward to her, the warm might air clashed with the cool breeze of the ocean made for a excellent combination. As his once pinned jet black hair was now freely moving in the wind, some of it slanted over his face and shoulders.

Unlike Moartea Mari didn't have a change of clothes, she could get more but she didn't like the idea of walking around the fields or towns with wet clothes. She figured that underwear, was much like a bikini; just made of different fabric. So she would just go with that. Right? Mari unequipped her clothes, revealing a modest, matching set of black undergarments; it was a good thing they weren't white. 

Mari was a little flustered at this stage, when logically, she really shouldn't be; she'd wandered around all sorts of places wearing a bikini during those hot summer days. So how was this different? Mari looked up at Moartea who had his arm extended toward her, with a tilt of her head she had to wonder exactly how old he was - he did seem quite mature, at least compared to many of the other players here, and who was Mari to talk. She was quite immature at times. Mari shrugged, "I'm fine." She walked past Moartea, stopping at the waters edge, lightly dipping a single toe in.

The water was cool; but felt as though it had been warmed by a long day's sun. Mari dipped her entire foot in and watched as the incoming wave rolled in, engulfing the porcelain limb- it seemed as though they were at high tide. Mari turned her back on the water and took a good several paces away before turning on her heel and running, full speed straight into the ocean, jumping as she became waist deep in the water.

Diving down.

Under the water; it was peaceful, quiet; the only noise coming from the soft rhythm of the waves as they crashed upon the shore. Mari pushed her head back up out of the water, standing on the bottom; the water rested at her shoulders.

"It's surprisingly warm."

Moartea saw her black attire and didn't get flustered like Mari, he saw her walk past him, and test the waters temperature, that's when he saw her walk away and then bolt towards the water and dive in. He slowly walked to the waters edge, and saw a rock near the water and he climbed up it, and stood up at the top, and he went into a swimmers stance and leaning back, he pulled back, volted himself forward and dived into the water. He only closed his eyes when he entered the water, and he slowly swam until he saw his air meter saw he had so much time left, he swam upwards and peaked his head out of the water nice and smoothly. "Before hand, I never got to ask you Mari, you said you knew that the love of a mother was to protect their child." "Are you by chance a mother?" "You seem rather young." He said, not asking for her age, knowing it was rude to ask a lady her age, as he kicked his legs slightly, keeping his head above the water, and his arms at his side, he lowered his head under the water, and came back slicking his hair back.