[PP-F4] Something to do? (Moartea & Mari) (Complete)

Moartea smiled and looked down at Mari, "You look fantastic, even if its a trench coat, you would look great in anything Mari." He said as he walked next to her and held out his arm, and bent it, placing his knuckled on his hip and had a gap. As he was wanting Mari to hold on to him, "Well shall we then Mari?" Moartea said as he had his arm ready and was waiting on Mari to lock her arm in with his. as his Slate grey eyes, seemed to almost change colour, they seemed more brighter than before. As his pearl white teeth flashed, for he was smiling abit.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mari grinned, straightening out the collar - "Of Course." She gloated. "This is me we are talking about after all." She was feeling better about herself, the man had managed to lift her spirits, Moartea offered Mari an arm and she took it. The two left the tavern arm in arm, Mari paused, feeling the cold, harsh winds of the icy floor hit her in the face. She buried her face into the coat, stepping closer to Moartea. 

"Where on this floor would be good for blacksmithing Materials?"

Moartea took his free hand and rubbed his temple, "The last place that I can remember, is a small field towards the north passage, not too far away, if you like the rare White-Osmium ore that naturally forms here." "I use Osmium in all my custom crafts, as it is the worlds densest  naturally occurring alloy." He said, as he felt Mari come in closer to him, yes the wind was quite chilly, but to him, Mari made it feel warm Sakura petals hitting his face. As he wandered the town, he finally got Mari and him to the town exit and he pulled her along with him into the field, for he saw the snow covered ground, the black trees in the distance.

All this was familiar to him, and he gave a pleasant sigh, as he smiled, as Mari looked cute in her coat, her eyes seemed to peer over the rim, "I think the colour of the coat could be altered, but it looks great on you, the blackness of the leather compliments your hair and eyes Mari." "You look really good in it, still think it isn't your colour?" He said throwing more compliments at her, but with a little more meaning behind them, as he got Mari about 1/4th the way to the location when he stopped and looked up at the sky, and smiled. He tapped the hair pins he had in his head, and they disappeared and his long hair went flying in the breeze, as he gave off a more masculant appeal now. 

Mari gave a small nod - listening to his word about Osmium, or white osmium or whatever it was. She didn't really care about the exact properties of it, she was just happy to be out with Moartea, and to help him. The two had hit the town exit. "I may even find some recording crystals myself - if I find some, maybe I should record a song for you. hmm?" Mari asked looking up at him with a serene smile. Moartea complimented her again and Mari felt her cheeks redden - as a blush fell across her cheeks, Mari pursed her lips and glanced away. "Dark things aren't my colours - but if it's from you...I don't want it altered."

Moartea stopped, glancing up at the twilight sky. Mari followed his gaze, wondering what he was looking at. Moartea tapped what was binding his hair in place and it unequipped- causing his hair to flurry out, and dance in the wind.  "It reminds me of silk," Mari began, as she clasped a tendril of his hair between her thumb and forefinger. 

Moartea smiled as he looked down, and let Mari have her fun with his hair, as he glanced, he saw her face a little red, and he gave a grin. "Well isn't that a lovely colour, your cheeks remind me of ripe red cherries." He said as he slid his free hand up and rubbed one of her cheeks, giving her a warm smile, and he bent down, "Mari, want me to carry you like the time we first met, you can play with my hair along the way."  He said, as he had one of his hands behind her, but he didn't break the arm lock, just in case she said no, as the winter air slightly breezed up, and he gave a slight shiver. "And I'm glad you like the coat so much Mari, and my hair as well, I find your eyes and skin to be rather enjoyable as well." "Such a soft feeling you have, this to reminds me of silk, so smooth and soft." He said again, as he brought the hand he had on her face before along her cheekbone and he moved it to her chin, and dragged his fingers along her chin until his index finger slipped off and he smiled. and he waited to see her reaction to all the things he was saying to her, because the way he saw her blush from his last compliment, he wondered what she would say to these ones..

Mari's bit her cheek, giving Moartea a forced, clearly faked glare. "Moarrtteeaaa......"  She whined at his compliment - she opened her mouth to say something more, but she found that her breath was caught, stilled as she felt the tickled warmth of his slender, calloused fingers against her skin. Moartea leaned closer still - and his fringe brushed against her forehead. Mari's eyes flickered close as she leant into the warmth of his hands. She felt one of his hands sneak around the mid of her back and that's when Mari opened her eyes, lifting her head.

"I can walk." Mari muttered, glancing away again. Unsure of what to make of such a situation. Moartea had made it clear how he felt about her, but she wasn't exactly sure if she could return those feelings. "Besides, I like being beside you."

And with hearing that from Mari, Moartea nodded, standing up and pulling Mari closer to him, while still having his arm locked with hers, as had his arm around her back, and resting on her waist. Keeping her close to him, and he started walking again, as he led Mari to the area he told her about and looked down at her, as he listened to the wind. ~Thank god, no dragon, but that doesn't mean one won't show up, better get this done quick, have to tell Mari about it.~ He thought and then looked down at Mari, "Mari, we need to hurry, me and Life came here once, but our trip didn't last long as a silent one, we got attacked by a enormous Ice Dragon, I think it was a fluke, but I am not going to take a chance, we need to get the Ore and leave quickly." "The way me and Life figured out the distance or even the location of it was ths sound of beating wings, or almost earthquake like tremors, lets get it and go okay?" 

He said as he broke the armlock to open his HUD, as he quickly pulled out two pickaxes, and handed one to Mari, "Quickly, White-Osmium Ore is a silver white like material, it is white with sliver like veins in it's structure." He said as he grabbed the pickax with his left hand and walked around with Mari next to him, as he looked of a deposit of the ore he was looking for.

Edit: As Moartea looked around and spotted nothing, he looked over at Mari and gave her a look, "Mari, have a go at it, see if you can find anything." He said as he let Mari look about, while he kept an eye out in case anything decided to jump them, he would spring into action in case that happened.

#ID:1831

BD: 6

CD: 3
LD: 10
MOB: 7

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 10 (Failure)

Result: No gained Material

Mari smiled, noticing that Moartea accepted her refusal of being carried. Mari didn't feel the need to be this time, she wasn't tired nor cold; still she enjoyed his company. They arrived in a small clearing, where there looked to be an entrance to a cave, there was also veins of rocks scattered around. Mari looked up at Moartea when he mentioned there was an ice dragon. Mari grinned. "Protective of me?" She asked, unlinking her arm from his so she could press her palms against his chest. "That's sweet, I'm not going to be cocky, but I do think I've grown stronger." Mari tilted her head, biting her lower lip. "Mmm not strong enough to withstand the attack of a dragon though. Still - I'm happy to risk that to help you." She traced where she knew there was a scar underneath his shirt before backing away. Accepting the pickaxe.

Right!

There was work to be done, she had to find a silvery white material. How hard could that be? Mari grabbed the axe in her hand and went over to the nearest vein, bringing the axe high over her head she chipped away at it, but seemed to find nothing.

Ok...maybe it'd be a liiiitle harder than first thought...

Rolled a 8 on the d20 (loot) dice

Perma Dice Roller ID #1836 

As looked around again, trying to find at least one smidgen of any trace of ore, he shuffled the snow around and found a deposit, as he saw it could hold only one strike worth of ore. As he examines the area, he judges that one good swing should knock it out, if he timed it right, with that, he pulled the pickax above his head and swings it at the deposit.

Edit: Moartea, Having no luck, as the deposit disappeared, and seeing Mari have no luck, he gets up and walks over to her, "Maybe we should try to go further into the cavern over yonder there," "We might find if better than out here digging in the snow." "Shall we?" He said as he latched the pickax to his right waist and held out his arm again, waiting for Mari to take his arm and begin their walk into the caves, he never tried going in there, but the NPC that told him about this place before hand said that there was a large quantity in the caves.

#ID: 1858

BD: 4

CD: 9
LD: 3
MOB: 3

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 3 (Failure)

Mari wiped her brow, she wasn't really getting anywhere - but she didn't mind. The hard work was a good distraction, and it wasn't the same as the adrenaline rush of battle - so it was somewhat calming. The pink haired girl looked up at Moartea as he approached her, stating that they may have more luck further in the caverns. Mari's eyes followed to where he was pointing. 

"I don't have Night Vision - so I may not be as successful in there," She heaved the pick axe onto her shoulder, giving Moartea a wry grin. "but hey, I love a challenge." 

Moartea held out his arm for her, but Mari politely declined, gesturing to the axe she had heaved onto her shoulder.  "I got this, so I'd rather one hand free in case I need to draw my dagger."

Moartea nodded as he looked up, and smiled, "Well good ting one of us has the skill, here let me take care of it." He said as he activated his Night Vision sky, his eyes having a veil of emerald green colour over his Slate grey eyes. And he brought Mari into the cavern system, as he could see better. As he kept his hand on the pummel of Fenris, his curved sword, of no general type, all he knew it was a curved sword. As he walked with Mari for about 3 solid minutes and found a large room, and from what Moartea could see, there were a few deposits around him, as he pulled out a clothe wrapping from his inventory. He grabbed a nearby twig (No not a thin one, more of a branch) and wrapped the twig with the clothe wrapping and smacked a few rocks together making a spark and the system made the wrapping lite up, and he held up up for Mari.

"That better Mari, we should hurry this torch only lasts for 5 minutes (Turns)." Moartea explained as he slammed the torch in the center of the chamber making the light shine in all directions to a 15 foot radius, a little more than the whole chamber. As he kept his Night Vision on and pulled out the pickax on his waist and went to looking for the deposits of White-Osmium, and with a little less effort he found the one he was looking for, and did what he did outside.

Edit: As his attempt failed the ax hitting the ore and making a horrid vibration feeling, that made Moartea drop the pickax, and he sighed, "Confounded ore, give me my desired item, my armor isn't going to forge itself like this!" He said as his plans for new armor where reveled, but to whom it were being made for was a mystery, as he looked up to Mari and sighed, as he picked his ax up again and looked at the deposit, and examined it again.

#ID: 1877

BD: 3

CD: 3
LD: 9
MOB: 2

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 9 (Failure)

-Miscellaneous information-

Torch: Lasts 5 Turns (4 on Moartea's next post)

-1 to all Dice rolls when torch goes out. activates in 5 turns. (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

Mari had to admit, night vision was a useful skill, just one she wasn't intending on using at this point in time, she wanted to focus on her strength and evasion first and foremost. "Heh...maybe one day I'll have night vision." Mari commented, turning to face him, "That green hue you have to your eyes kind of suits you." 

Moartea lead Mari into the cavern and for the most part, she couldn't see a thing; she stepped in close to him, small hand clutching the material of his sleeve in a balled up fist. she only let go when they cam to a large cavern; Moartea set to work, creating a makeshift torch. "Well, colour me impressed. Guess I won't be so useless in here after all."  Mari exclaimed as she readied her axe. "Best make those precious few minutes last then!'

Mari headed over to what looked like a good place to start mining, noticing a thin vein of silver. Mari pursed her lips, smashing the pick axe hard, it cracked open the vein and a small chunk of ore had managed to break free. "YES!" She cried, as she bent down to pick it up, turning it around in her hand. It was quite a beautiful material. Mari looked over at Moartea who seemed frustrated, "What plans do you have for this ore?" Mari asked, she waved the piece of metal she had managed to collect in his direction. "This is yours, so at least our trip wasn't for nothing."

Rolled a 20 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Perma Dice Roll ID #1878

Moartea looked over towards Mari's location and saw the silvery ore and he smiled, as he opened his HUD and pulled out a nap sack and tossed it to her. "Just put int in there, its linked to my shops storage in the forge." "And what I have in store is a secret, I plan on making something amazing with the ore." "Though I can tell you, I have a apprentice, I am making her a suit of armor, and one for myself as well." "The armor is a design I came up with, and I want her to have something to protect her." "And I can finally ride myself of this clunky shield." He said as he then began his process again, taking the ax above his head and bringing it down onto the deposit.

Edit: Moartea had another fail as he sighed and activated his Martial Arts skill and punched the nearby wall, making a hole, and his temper finally subsided, and he turned to Mari. "Sorry, i usually don't get upset, but this armor means a lot to me, and I don't want Ream getting herself killed, or even getting hurt." "Well I guess I have to try again, how bout you, lets see if you can get something Mari." Moartea said as he picked his pickax and placed the tip on the deposit and waited to see if Mari had the same luck as before.

#ID: 1880

BD: 10

CD: 7
LD: 10
MOB: 10

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 10 (Failure)

Torch: Lasts 4 Turns

-1 to all Dice rolls when torch goes out. activates in 4 turns. (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

Mari caught the rucksack and placed the Ore in it before tossing it to the middle of the cavern. "A secret eh?" Mari asked as she started searching for more veins of the ore. "An apprentice? Like an Apprentice blacksmith?" Mari asked as she swung the pickaxe over her head. "That sounds really nice Moartea." 

Mari swung the axe down, but this time, she yielded nothing. "Tch..." Mari was hoping to get a two for two, it felt good to be able to yeild something, and to be able to help her friend Moartea in his endeavour.  The jet black haired man turned to Mari, frustrated - as he mentioned the name of the girl he was trying to obtain the armour for. "Ah, well - with you looking after her; I don't see her dying any time soon Moartea. We will keep trying." 

Rolled a 10 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Perma Dice Roller ID #1885 

Moartea sighed and nodded, as he saw Mari have no luck getting the Ore, and he looked down at his own deposit, and decided to try again, "You know, your right Mari, and no not a Blacksmith apprentice, a warrior one, I met her on floor one just walking around dazed and confused." "She couldn't even keep her lace on her shoulder tied correctly, and i had to help her." "I took to a clothing shop and got her a new outfit, if she was going to survive in this world, for hers was something that kept her attention off the matter at hand." "So Mari, how bout after his we go and relax abit out by the lake, I think you might like it." He said as he swung his Pickax once again, and tried to mine another ore from the deposit, as he hoped to get something goo this time.

Edit: As his attempt failed again, he backed away from the deposit and went over to Mari, as he was getting frustrated, and he didn't want to have another incident like last time. As he stood next to Mari and smiled, he wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him, "These blasted deposits, they are bothersome, well can't be helped, Mari how bout he go farther in just to be sure, there might be better deposits further down." He said as he looked down at her, his Night Vision still active, as the emerald green veil glew in the torch lite.

#ID: 1887

BD: 4

CD: 5
LD: 11
MOB: 2

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 11 (Failure)

Torch: Lasts 3 Turns

-1 to all Dice rolls when torch goes out. activates in 3 turns. (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

"Dazed and confused huh?" Mari paused, she never had that issue, the issue of the lost newbie - she was thrust into this unwelcomed situation and decided to go with it. Figuring she needed Col and strength Mari went out and did it. Now, she was going to be front lining a battle. "I guess people like you will always look out for people like that huh?" Mari asked, "I didn't think of others, I just looked out for myself - ensured I got what I wanted from things. Guess you're kinder than me in that regard." 

Mari swung down the axe again, but had yet to get anything. She didn't mind - but the lack of ore seemed to be really getting to Moartea, Mari shrugged. She wasn't one to be easily frustrated by such a task - if it was a bad mouthed brat? Oh you bet she'd be annoyed. But this? This didn't bother her. Mari went to swing the axe again, but was pulled back into an embrace by Moartea - Mari blinked as the axe uselessly clattered against the floor.

"Y-Yeh. We can go further in..." Mari muttered, unsure of how to react to Moartea wrapping his arms around her tiny waist.

Rolled a 14 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Perma Dice Roller ID #1890

Moartea smiled as he looked at Mari who seemed to be abit startled by his hug, as his hands were wrapped around her waist, and he pulled her in closer, "Fantastic, and Mari, you seem abit unsure, something wrong with my embrace... has anyone ever hugged or held you like this before?" He asked her, and released her from his hold and picked up her pickax, and the bag near him, as he looked back at her, "Come now Mari, lets get moving, the light will surely die." He said as he walked and picked up the torch and smiled even more, his pearly white teeth shining like diamonds in the light of the torch and he stood there, waiting for her to come with him.

Torch: Lasts 2 Turns

-1 to all Dice rolls when torch goes out. activates in 2 turns. (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

Mari glanced down, was there something wrong with it? "N-not really..." Mari muttered, it did feel...off, but that was partly because Mari was so closed off she didn't really allow others to touch her or get close to her. Moartea tried to be coy, asking her if anyone had held her like this before. "Of course...I do have a child after all Moartea~" Mari replied in a silver tongued tone, however her remark fell flat as she stepped away, rubbing her arm awkwardly. She gave him a nod as he started to go further down into the cave - she picked up her pick axe and slung it over her shoulder.

"Right, let's go Mr Emerald eyes~" 

Moartea saw how she was acting and he sighed and knew he shouldn't have done that, so with that he lead Mari further down the tunnel, til he came to a fork in the tunnel and looked at his choices. ~Left or right... right it is.~ He thought to himself and began walking, as he saw Mari behind him, and he stayed quite, he saw earlier that Mari didn't like that he touched her like that. And he made a mental note, ~Note to self, don't touch Mari.~ As he did that he came to a room and saw it littered with deposits of ores, more than just the White-Osmium that he came here for, and as he walked in further he panted the torch down and saw a few crystals coming out of the wall. 

They where clear and he found them interesting, as he looked at the other ores and found Red-Osmium, the one ore he didn't expect to find here, and several other types of ores. Iron, Black steel, and even his Osmium types, so with that he walked over to the White-Osmium deposit, right next to some Red Osmium, and began to mine as he spoke. "There's a large assortment of ore here, I can see Black steel ore, White and Red Osmium ore deposits as well, and some Iron, there may be some more valuable ones if we keep our eyes open, i heard that Adamantite ore dwells here, you can find it only one way. Shine some light on it and it turns into a rainbow coloured ore, it is one of the rarest ever found on Ainrad... at least thats what the NPC told me." He said as these fantasy ores where quite ornate and different than what he was use to finding, but something of that caliber would be interesting to find, as Moartea started his mining process.

Edit: With a swift swing he felt the ore fall off and onto the ground and he picked it up and smiled, ~Good job Moartea now to... wait... what is that?~ He thought to himself and walked over to something in the distance, he saw some sort of glow, and looked at it. "Hey Mari... come look at this... could this be the Adamantite ore I spoke of... can't be I mean it has a glow but its buried under the rock help me remove the rocks.He said as he began to do so waiting for Mari to come and help him out.

#ID: 1896

BD: 10

CD: 12
LD: 15
MOB: 7

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 15 (Success)

Result: Gained 1 Material (White-Osmium Ore)

Torch: Lasts 1 Turns

-1 to all Dice rolls when torch goes out. activates in 1 turns. (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

Moartea lead Mari down the corridoor and into the next room, Mari made sure to be close behind him so as not to get lost; it seemed that the cave split out into different directions and paths, and she would hate to get lost. An awkward silence had nestled between the two and Mari wasn't sure how to react to it, she didn't want the silence to linger so she cleared her throat - making a light joke. "You almost blend into the darkness there Moartea~ You're like a shadow."

When they came into the room Mari gasped, it was beautiful; she wished she could photograph it, but even then she would think that it wouldn't do the scene before her justice. "This is....breathtaking..." Mari murmured as she continued forward, hand reaching out to brush against a glimmering red ore. The firelight from the torch danced - creating a myriad of fractured lights swaying to and fro across the floor.

Mari turned to Moartea; "Then I best get to work then. We don't want to keep Rue waiting."

Mari adjusted the pick axe in her hands and attempted to strike the ore - it was much denser than what they were working on previously and the pick axe clanged, sending a vibration up through the handle Mari let it go with a small yelp, shaking the feeling off her hands. It was then, Moartea asked for her help. Mari wandered over to where he was trying to shift some rocks; and helped him lift it. "That's...amazing..." 
She breathed.

Rolled a 8 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Perma Dice Roller ID #1902