[PP-BOSS RAID-F9] Paving The Way To 10

Daeron arrived at the tower in which the boss lied right behind the next door. Not daring to even touch the door, he sat down in front of it. He gave a look around, having cleared out the monsters already for players of lower levels to get easy passage up to the area without taking unnecessary damage. He let out a loud sigh when he found that he was alone.

Then, after a few moments, Daeron realized that being alone would be able to give him time to think on any last minute ideas for the boss fight. If anything were to go wrong, being one of the few higher leveled players, he knew he would need to do some serious tanking. The air was warm from the room next to him, and the ground was already feeling warm as well.

Though his Solar Flux Robe was able to negate any burn damage, any normal damage taken would still apply to him, which is the part that worried him the most. He then held his weapon over his shoulder, and stood ready for the rest of the players to arrive in the area so that they can do any last second arrangements.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tristan walked along the floor, bored completely. it seems someone else had already cleaned the place up, leaving nothing left for him to do. Typical. Tristan found Daeron sitting to himself quite relaxed, looking around. Tristan kept standing and walked to where Daeron stood.

"What's up? Looks like you did the hard work cleaning the floor already." He gave a smile of appreciation.

He turned to face the rather ominous door, looming over them. "I'm nervous though, this will be my first proper boss..." He sighed, thinking how it could go horribly wrong. Well, he had a health potion and, worst comes to worst, a teleport crystal.

His shield was strapped to his back with his spear and his scaled black armour glinted with the glow of the hot rock they were surrounded by. 

"Oh, I'll leave my item out here for anyone to grab. It's no use to me any more. Anyone is free to take it. Since I know people will want stuff and may not have prepared fast enough for the quest." Tristan spoke as he operated his HUD and dropped the gauntlets.

For anyone to take, first come first serve.

Scaled Gauntlets of the Iron Lord v2 (Info in Journal), Perfect Item

+2 Accuracy +1 Bleed (8-10 proc rate because perfect)

Zelrius came rushing down the hall quickly, a bit of labored breath falling his footsteps. Sure he was quick enough but that didn't stop the fact that the speed and distance ended up tiring him out. The worst part about this game and having the speed was that your body couldn't grow once in the game since it was set athe beginning therefore you couldn't build up things like cardio. So, He came along now and met the two players that had gathered thus far. It was good that atleast Daeron and the one he had tried to remember as Tristan were here. Better then no one at all thus far. Zelrius put away his blue and red flaming sword back in the gold sheath that hung on his right hip. As of Right now, Zelrius wore no Armor, Only Guantlents and Boots. The Boots had little wings drawn on the sides in a resemblence of Speed. The Guantlents were more like layered gloves and were plain and simple though they made him more accurate. The Narcissist thought about dropping his Duster off next to the Sacred Gauntlents that already sat on the floor. But of course his ego wouldn't allow Zelrius to give up one of his own items for someone else's use. 

Finally he slowed down to a walking pace getting close to Daeron. As he walked, Zelrius fiddled with his bowtie and straightened the Frills along his dress shirt. His Blazer always seemed to be in perfect order by the end of the day, Zelrius couldn't recall having to fix it once. When he got within Talking distance of Daeron, The Blonde boy went ahead and released the information about what he was just doing.

"All monsters between here and the Entry way are cleared. I also took the liberty of clearing a few extra passages in the event someone gets lost on the way here and they cannot find their way out. Do not want anyone dying before they can actually arrive. So far, I've heard no one coming, So it may be awhile but let's hope we can get this in and done in almost no time at all. Or atleast faster then the previous Floor Boss of eight."

Zelrius sighed after saying that, letting go of his selfishness for a second to drop off all the items Seldentar had crafted for him into the Open Spots for anyone to grab

ID: 994

ID: 996

Gloves of Resistance

+1 Damage Mitigation

Uncommon Quality

Selds Repair and Smithy

ID: 997

Gauntlets of Accuracy

+1 Accuracy

Uncommon Quality

Selds Repair and Smithy

Gauntlets of the Squire

+1 Accuracy, +1 Damage Mitigation

Rare Quality

Selds Repair and Smithy 

Kazuya saw the three players gathered. "Well, at least I'm not late this time." He looked at two highest level players. "Do either of you have any idea the number of people we should expect in terms of recruits?" He asked this thinking of his role with his guild. He was the tactician there and basically was charged with keeping the others alive. He then looked down at the equipment that had been placed for everyone to use. 

He picked up Scaled Gauntlets. "Are these for anybody to use?" he asked, realizing that his gear had still not been crafted even though he had paid for it and given up the materials for it.

For anyone to take, first come first serve.

Scaled Gauntlets of the Iron Lord v2 (Info in Journal), Perfect Item

+2 Accuracy +1 Bleed (8-10 proc rate because perfect)

Ether was close behind his liegelord, covered in his dragonhide armour, "I don't think we should expect too many newbies, Kazuya, this is a fairly high-level dungeon for where we're at after all." he inputted. He saw his superior take the gloves and shrugged, as the guy said - first come first serve. "Oh Kazuya, I might be trying a new stealth fighting style fyi. I haven't decided."

Rue came into the tower prepared with her weapons. She immediately said a few words. I know I wasn't really at the meeting but is there anyway i could possibly join. She knew Kazuya from her party and Tristan. She did not know anyone else though. She equipped her weapons to use during the boss fight. She was ready to finally unlock the new floor. 

Items Equipped:

Knife: +3 damage

Cursed pendant of the hunter: +2 accuracy +1 evasion No more critical on a roll of nine

OOC sorry i didnt actually put its description :}

Rebekah had arrived to this meeting outside the boss raid with her equipment, primarily with her rapier, heartstriker (+3 DMG) and her leather battle coat (+1 Evasion) as well as the two health pots that she had bought from the merchant shop. This was an important day, as this was her first boss battle that she had joined, and hoped that it would go smoothly.

The dungeon was a mixture of several dark elements; Gothic architecture that melded perfectly together with the cavernous and volcanic nature of the floor to create a sense of dread. Vents that filtered noxious steam into the room flared with tiny flames that danced in the heart of all the insanity. Each step on the rocky floor echoed through the now emptied halls, at the end of which they all met before an imposing door.

Alkor moved with a fluidity and grace that rendered him nearly invisible, blending into the shadows and crowd. His Lionheart Cloak and Genji's gloves gave him a dark persona, and Nightbringer at his hip finished his loadout with sinister efficiency.

With no delusions of simplicity, Alkor resigned himself to the fact that there would be death this day, and his could very well count among those numbered. Determined as he was not to become a statistic, he was even more determined to yield the damage that would put this boss down and open the next floor.

Freedom was still ninety one floors above them. That thought alone fueled the fires of his rage, and it made him even more tenacious. Alkor stared hard into his HUD, waiting for something to snap him out of the trance he had lost himself in. The pre-battle rage was building in him, the chaotic music looping in his mind.

I woke up and ate food the day of the boss fight. I felt pumped and ready to pass the 9th floor. I sent a message to Zero, telling him that I was on my way to the boss room. I got my equipment checked the previous day and made sure I was ready for the big fight. 

I finally got to where everyone was gathering. Alright folks, I have arrived and am ready to kill this thing. How about you guys? I suggest that we start to gather in our squads and get to know who is fighting alongside you so you know what each player in your team is capable of. I said as I went to a section of the room and equipped my gear.

L arrived at the floor nines meeting area for the hydra floor fight. This would be his first battle on the front lines and he prayed it wouldn't be his last. Floor 9 was a dark and heated floor, his dark clad appearance was almost like a camouflage all thanks to his cloak of nightmares (+2evasion +1 damage mit) which Alkor had made for him. It normally sucked the light out of his surroundings but there was little to no light on this floor, only the glow of molten magma which outlined his body in red, matching the colour of his eyes. 

He looked around and noticed some familiar faces. He met Rue, he knew Alkor, he knew Tristan and he knew Kazuya and knew about Ethreal. The others weren't that familiar though. To him it didn't matter, death was a common thing to him in real life, he knew all too well about the consequences that the game had on death and didn't plan on slacking off in the slightest. He gripped the handle of his blade of the abyss (+3 damage -4health) it was a long thai machete he obtained from a chest during one of his adventures. 

He had heard some things about the hydra but he wasn't too sure what it's complete stats where, it might be more than he could chew off but he had faith in his comrades that gathered together now. In fact his muscles where twitching with anticipation for the fight, he was more than ready. He had already eaten before he came so he wouldn't be hungry on the job and his shinigami arm guards where polished and hungry for battle (+1 accuracy +1 paralyse[1] 9,10)

"Let it begin" He said with a smile, he heard a man start to speak talking about getting into groups he was a bit confused as to his position in the fight but it didn't really matter to him, if he had to he'd jump from group to group, as long as it had a functioning tank, in fact that suited him well. He was a fast damage per second fighter and only had a reason to stick near the beast for too long if one of the tanks didn't feel up to it, he wasn't suited for it but he would do what it took to see this battle won keeping in mind the drop he had obtained from avalanche, it seemed like it was to be very useful in this battle.

Mari had arrived, and there was already a large group forming. How many people were going to be here? She had a sombre look on her face. She felt she was a little more prepared - thanks to her last dash to get some potions and the armour she had been graciously given by Alkor. She didn't have much to help stop burn damage but she had enough health potions to heal her a few times over; and her evasion had significantly increased.

Mari recognized few people, some by faces -others by names. Some, or one in particular she was quite familiar with. Mari stood out like a sore thumb. Her softly glowing pink hued armour matched the bright pastel of her hair. Mari had hoped the Hydra was colourblind - else she'd probably be a prime target. Heading over to Alkor she gave him a light nudge with her elbow, standing next to him. 

"Thanks to you I've managed to gain a level before coming here today."

Mari then noticed Life, she gave him a heated look before stepping away from Alkor, rubbing the back of her neck she glanced away from the two. Now wasn't the time for such things. With a sigh Mari crossed her arms. Orhalimi dropped out of the fight, but she was still expecting her other guild member - Yuji to make an appearance. 

"Finally...the moment all the player have been waiting for...." Yuji scroll through the status menu and check his equipment and alike. "All green...I guess..." He look at his trembling hand and clench it before it gets worse. "Not today...Yuji...not today...You're going to fight for your freedom..so don't chicken out now..."

Yuji just woke up from his deep sleep. He stayed at the Ninth Floor inn so that he can go to the Raid Dungeon faster. He finish his business at the inn and make his way to the designated place. After he somehow manage to reach the place without any difficulties,he arrive at the door to the boss room. He can see many players; some he recognize,others he never seen before. He see Mari,his guild leader is having talk with some of the players. Tense atmosphere linger in the room as everyone make the final preparations.

Not wasting anymore time, he go to the nearby wall and silently make his final preparations too. He doesn't want to bother his leader as it looks like she too is making her preparations.

"Weapon....check. Armor....check. Potion...check..Better eat the rations and candy now." He took it out and eat it without proper manner. Why would you need it now in a situation like this? He then wait for the Raid Leader for the final briefing.

(Max HP +2. Next 2 roll dice plus 1)

The walk to the meeting place seemed to take forever. Lessa focused on keeping her breathing even, and her heart from racing right out of her chest. She was so incredibly stressed about the upcoming battle. This was sure to be the most powerful opponent she had faced to date, and that thought chilled the blood in her veins. People are going to die today, came a dark voice from the depths of her mind. Lessa gulped. She had been fortunate enough to never see someone die near her, in SAO or otherwise. Death was something that did not sit well with her, and even lifeless bodies at funerals set her off. She could not imagine watching people be slaughtered in the heat of battle. In fact, the thought made her nauseous.

Finally, she arrived. Though there were many players already gathered, her eyes immediately searched out Alkor. Upon locating him, she realized he was with another player. The pink haired girl, Mari, was giving him a jab with her elbow. Later, Lessa might reflect on how odd it was to see them behaving that way; she would wonder what had happened to make the sassy girl and the mysterious boy so chummy. But for now, her mind was elsewhere. She politely waited for Mari to move on. Then, she took her place at his side.

"Hi, Alkor," the woman greeted softly, not looking at him. Instead, her eyes were on her gear.

Her breastplate, which offered three damage mitigation. Her gauntlets, with their two points of accuracy and ability to steal the life of their opponent. Her prized Hell Rose, and the additional two damage that it dealt. <<Snowfrost>>, which she had picked up from her dangerous rumble with Avalanche. And the two health potions that she had picked up the day before. Each replenished five health points. And speaking of health points, her newest ability, Athletics, allowed for an additional point of damage, and five more health points. All in all, Lessa now had thirty two health points, three points of damage mitigation, two points of accuracy, one point of life steal, and dealt a base of seven damage with each successful hit.

Seldentar arrived out of the maze that was the 9th floor dungeon. Walking up, he quickly scans his inventory, to make sure he has everything he needed.

Equipped:

Bloodthirster: +2 Damage +1 Lifesteal

Dragon Duster: +1 Evasion +1 Damage Mitigation

Massacre Gauntlets: +2 Accuracy

Inventory:

Health Potion: Heal 5 HP

Rare Healing Crystal: Heal 10 HP

Beserker Potion: +2 Damage

I buttoned up the last silver button on my coat with a sigh. This was my first boss battle, or any "real" battle I would fight. Today I was going to prove that I could lead a guild, that yes, someone as young as me could survive this game. There was a flurry of thoughts of what could go wrong that went through my head but I ignored them and replaced them with good ones. I was trying to be optimistic for this battle. I checked my inventory one last time before heading down to the boss door using a map that I made. 

My white cloak swayed ever so slightly behind me as I approached the group in front of the boss door. It was ginormous. The size was daunting as it loomed over the players. As I could see, I wasn't exactly on time, but I wasn't late either, just in the middle. I need to work on my time management after this...I could barely get anything to revamp my inventory in the allotted days given. My eyes looked over at the pile of equipment in the open slots, they were for anyone to grab. Might as well..I thought and placed the gauntlets into my inventory without a second thought. They were here to benefit us and ensure victory after all. 

Gauntlets of the Squire

+1 Accuracy, +1 Damage Mitigation

Rare Quality

Selds Repair and Smithy 

I leaned against the wall by the boss door and began to equip my items onto myself. I was also waiting for everyone in my group to arrive, I could see we were missing one by the name of Zero. None of my guild mates were prepared enough to join me but that was okay, there would always be another to fight in...

Duster +3 damage mitigation [Gift from Zelrius] 

Weapon Name: Brute Sword [Gift Thank you~]

Item Description: The sword glows with a white aura, showing that it holds a power. It is appraised to have the ability to provide a bit more "bite" to the attack of the wielder.
Ability: +1 Damage

As usual I was late, but not the last to show up. There were players of which I still did not recognize milling about. A grin crept across my face when I saw Zelrius by the boss door. Almost being a habit now, I made my way over to him and perked an eyebrow at him. Well, I see you dress fancy for every occasion, is that a new tie? I teased and noticed an item I could use in the open slots section. Without another second to waste I placed the gauntlets in my inventory and equipped them. They felt weird against my skin, covering the up and all. Also, speaking of weird I was not using my throwing daggers today. For this battle I would be using a new sword, Thorn, that I literally just picked up from Fallen's shop. Though I haven't had any experience with a sword I knew I could master it within seconds. After all, how hard could managing a sword be? 

Items Equipped:

Gauntlets of Accuracy

+1 Accuracy

Uncommon Quality

Selds Repair and Smithy

Item: Thorn
Quality: Rare
Shop: The Black Forge
Description: An almost perfectly crafted weapon, it doesn't have any noticeable blemishes but the metal isn't quite perfect in some areas of the blade. +2 Damage

With nobody else speaking up, Daeron clapped his hands together to see everyone that had arrived. He gave a glance at everyone to see what each and every person's article of equipment was so that he could figure out the best groups. He was thinking about any disadvantages they may have with the shortage of players besides the fact they don't have too much tanking within the party itself. "Alright guys... Let's get this show on the road." Daeron said as he approached the door.

He turned his head back really quick to see if everyone stood ready. When he nodded his head he faced the door again, and at this point he had put both palms on the door to push it open. As soon as the door had opened, Daeron felt the intense heat exit from the room, filling the entire corridor with such a high temperature, he was already sweating. Inside of the room itself, wasn't dark at all, due to all of the lava and fire all about the place. In the center of the room stood the one thing that seperated them from the ninth and tenth floor. The Molten Hydra.

"Alright everybody! Assemble into groups now! I'll take Tristan, Alkor, and Seldentar!

Zel! You take Kazuya, Rebekah, and Life!

Shark, I want you to have Primrose, Lessa, and Mari in your group.

Finally, Kiru, you take Rebekah, Yuji, and Kazuya!

If I didn't call your name, then get into the support squad and be ready to swap out any second!" Daeron shouted towards the raid now. Directed the motion of combat, he made sure all of the groups got within their respective areas. He made sure that the support group stood ready, which was composed of Ethereal and Rue. Although it was only two people, they would be the ones who swapped out with anyone who needed it. It won't be long until their call to action comes themselves.

Celes careful walked it. She had heard daeron telling people where to go, understanding that he was the one to direct the fight. Sh estood at the edge of the ring of people, ready to be told where to go. This was certainly not her area of expertise but if she could help them get out. she would be happy. She had been training a lot the past few days to get ready for this battle. it was the first time she would truly prove herself on the eyes of her comrades, and , in the end, to herself. She looked at her equipment, taking a tally of it.

Devastator, +3 DMG Glaive
Duality Cloak +2 EVA +1 thorn
Nullifying shirt +2 Damage Mitigation, +1 ACC
The matriarchs stinger
Healing Crystal +10
Crystalline Bandaid (removes status effects and + 5hp)

She took a moment to apply the matriarchs stinger to her weapon. More damage would be a plus.

In total her stats were: damage 11, damage mitigation +4, accuracy +1, thorn +1, evasion +3, charge +1, disguise
Hp 29
This was a trial for all of them. This was a trial for her. She wanted to win and she needed to get out. There was someone waiting for her on the other side. She couldnt have them wait long. She waited for Dearon to give her instructions.

Daeron realized he had called a player twice. Quickly changing the plan, he saw a player named Celesmeh enter the room a little late, but all together, he didn't care as they needed people to help. Daeron then quickly ordered Celesmeh to join up with Kiru's group while Rebekah stays over with Zelrius' group. "Alright guys! Get ready for one hell of a fight because we all know that as it being a floor boss, it's going to make this entire situation difficult." Daeron exclaimed as he drew his weapon, and flicked the collar on his robe.

Alkor ripped Nightbringer from its place at his hip at Daeron's word, spinning the blade as he whipped it down to his side. Beneath the folds of his hood, golden eyes held the Hydra in cold regard. He stepped forward to join the group that he'd been instructed to join- with Daeron himself.

Alkor dealt damage on par with some of the higher level characters due to his emphasis on Damage, sacrificing defense and focusing on speed. Instead of fear of dying, he affixed the boss with hatred, and he told himself that failure was not an option.

He wouldn't allow anyone to die if it could be helped. The faster they killed the boss, the less danger everyone would be in. With a few ragged breaths, he took his place alongside the raid leader. "Let's get this over with," he called with no hint of emotion in his voice.

Alkor: 26/26, 8 Damage per Hit, Bleed for 1 on BD 8-10. Accuracy +2, Evasion +3, Damage Mitigation 1.