[PP-BOSS RAID-F9] Paving The Way To 10

Tristan was slipping in and out of consciousness. The overbearing heat mixed with the tumult of the people around him was causing havoc with his brain. The death of several fellow comrades didn't help much either to be fair. One of them he had attended their party and quested with a lot. Another he had also quested with, was a fellow guild mate and gave him the shield he has now. What a depressing time to be alive.

He shook his head and faced the Hydra again, which was right now of a far higher priority than his mental state.
Noticing the comrades were dying and wanting to avoid further death, Tristan got out a health potion and gave it to Mari, saying "Don't you die on me now.". He remembered the dynamic between Alkor and Mari, so right now a health potion was probably a good idea, with him dying and all. He was relieved to see her health return a bit.

-1 health potion

Daeron: 46/70 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns

Tristan: 17/35 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns
Alkor: 0/26 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns DEAD
Seldentar: 39/55 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns 

Group 2: 
Zelrius: 57/77 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns
Kazuya: 5/23 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns
Rebekah: 13/30 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns
Life: 18/32 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns

Group 3: 
Shark: 39/55 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns
Primrose: 6/27 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns
Lessa: 15/34 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns
Mari: 13/28 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns

Group 4: 
Kiru: 54/71 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns
Celesmeh: 10/29 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns
Yuji: 15/32 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns 
Rue: 0/17 DEAD

Molten Hydra: 18/75 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daeron saw another victim fall. Alkor this time. Daeron then sighed, now feeling more and more ashamed of what he had led to. Daeron would much rather sacrifice himself than let those people die, so instead, he ran forth, hoping the boss would finally attack him for a change. Charging in, he wanted this over before he saw anyone else die. Daeron held his weapon ready to swing at any second. It was only a few seconds later that his weapon came around his side swinging at the boss. In a fury of strikes, he was angry, sad, pissed off at himself, and he was sick of seeing people perish. "WE NEED IT DEAD NOW!" he screamed, as he brought his weapon at the monster.

ID: 9016

Battle Dice: 4 [Miss]

Crafting Dice: 5 [0 HP Healed]

Daeron: 46/70 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns

Tristan: 17/35 -2 HP Burn for 2/3 turns

Group 2: 

Group 3: 

Group 4: 

[iD 9094, BD 4+2 = 6 ]

Volcanic Rage: Hydra scoops up a player in its mouth and blasts them with a gush of lava dealing Burn damage of -2 HP for 3 turns, and 3 damage directly to the player.

Daeron's weapon had missed, it didn't do any damage. At least...not to the Hydra's health. The Hardened magma around the Hydra's body began to crumble and break away. Leaving a light pink, fleshy body exposed. No longer did it have hardened scales, or the boost of the damage mitigation. The Hydra - was on its last legs and it knew it. The hydra stomped its clawed feet, snorting. Lava still dripped from its head. It lunged, this time at Zelrius - picking up the cocky player in its mouth, biting down hard as lava gushed down and over the man. The Hydra carelessly dropped Zelrius and set its sights on Kazuya, snorting as dark smoke billowed from its nose. It's next target seemed to be clear.

Daeron: 44/70 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns

Tristan: 15/35 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns

Group 2: 

Group 3: 

Group 4: 

I saw the players that still had effort left, still continue to give it their all just to beat this boss. Alright guys, let's end this! It's time to move on. I said as I made my way towards the boss. I observed the current actions of the boss and planned my attack. 

[iD: 9105, 2] 

I activated my sprint skill and ran for the boss. I ran around the backside of the boss but didn't notice the few players that were resting back there. I tripped on a few legs and face planted a few yards from the boss. Come on guys! Attack and destroy this thing! I said as I tried to hype up the remaining players.

Group 3: 

Everything was going well... so well... why.... L collapsed to his knees dropping his weapon and clasping his hands. The boss hadn't lost any hp.. everyone was missing... the hydra was in a frenzy.. it's attack pattern had gotten faster as everyone broke out of their formation. This was hell.. 'The hydra.. the hydra...' That phrase played over and over again in his head until it became overwhelming. He threw his arms out and looked straight at the hydra with murderous rage filled eyes. "YOU BA***** YOU KILLED ALKOR YOU PIECE OF censored!!!" He picked his weapon up and charged straight towards the hydra at a speed he didn't even think was possible, he swung his machete outwards, trailing behind him and darted forward with a propelling step closing the remaining gap between him and the hydra. He lifted his blade bringing it close to his tear filled eyes. With an agonizing despair filled cry he shoved his machete into the beasts belly, forcing its round blade through its rock Armour and into its body. He struggled to keep his grip as his tears made it difficult to keep a good hold on the hilt. "You,, you.." His words where shaky, he couldn't even finish his sentence, it was like someone forced a golf ball down his throat. After what felt like a century he snatched the blade back out. He would have retreated for cover but he was to distraught to even move. 

ID: 9137 BD: 7+2=9 SUCCESS

~Attack success! 3 damage! (8-5=3)

Group 2: 
Life: 16/32 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns

Group 3: 

Group 4: 

Molten Hydra: 15/75 

[iD 9149 , BD 1 +2= 3]

The Hydra seemed amused, even going as far as to visibly chuckle at the players and their anguish. It shook its head, before opening its mouth - the chuckled roars echoing around them in the room. Once its chuckles died down it lifted up its two front feet before bringing them back down in one, large, shattering stomp. rocks started falling from the ceiling, and it was at this stage, Life had charged to attack - without its armor mitigation the youth had managed to strike down over half its remaining HP. The Hydra faltered, and gave another shattering roar.

Seldentar: 37/55 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns 

Group 2: 
Zelrius: 55/77 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns
Kazuya: 3/23 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns
Rebekah: 11/30 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns
Life: 16/32 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns

Group 3: 
Shark: 37/55
Primrose: 4/27 
Lessa: 13/34 
Mari: 11/28 

Group 4: 
Kiru: 52/71 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns
Celesmeh: 8/29 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns
Yuji: 13/32 -2 HP Burn for 1/3 turns 

Molten Hydra: 7/75 

You know how in those movies and tv shows drastic moments happen in slow motion? Mari always thought that was stupid, and unrealistic. A stupid media ploy to create a tense atmosphere and drama. Yet. There she stood, with the world slowed down around her. She watched, as the Hydra had set its sights on Alkor,  and how low his health was.

Why?

Why hadn’t she noticed? Why had she healed herself, then Primrose? Why didn’t she heal him? Why didn’t anyone else in his group heal him? What was wrong with them? She turned her blue eyes toward the Hydra now, its red gleaming eyes were focused on him, on Alkor, his dark tressles, his warm amber eyes wide in shock, then…it happened.

Alkor was dragged under the Hydra, It’s yellowed cracked claws digging into his armour, cracking it as he was ruthlessly clawed at before skidding toward the group of fighters. Stopping just short of them.

Mari began to slowly walk, then broke out into a run, tripping and collapsing as she got to Alkor, falling ontop of him – Mari picked herself up, her body shaking – not Alkor. Please not ALkor..Not him, not the man who managed to get close to her – who proclaimed his love to her. Who held her close as she cried, wiping away tears with gentle calloused hands.

“Thom….Thom c’mon.” Mari choked through tears, which had started flowing down her cheeks. Mari tried to shove a potion into his hands, but he wasn’t exactly responsive. She tried to then pour it into his mouth – “Please no, not you. Not you..” She mumbled in disbelief. “You said you loved me, you can’t…you can’t leave me! What about your grandmom? You can’t leave her!” Mari’s voice began to rise in volume as her arms scooped up underneath him, she buried her face into the crook of his neck. Mumbling incoherently, body shaking with sobs. “You CaNT! YoU CANT! I Won’t LET you!”

Alkor burst, his body disappearing and Mari fell forward, barely able to brace her fall with her hands. Mari stared at the ground, the hot cracked ground, vision blurred with tears. Why? Why? Why did this happen? Mari glared at the other players. “WHY!?” She hissed at them, voice warbled and hurt – “NONE of you HEALED him! What the F*CK is WRONG with you ALL!? You’re all SO f*cking SELFISH!” Mari bought herself to her feet, shaky hand clutching her dagger tightly, all they cared about was landing the final hit on the Hydra- they were scattered. The ONLY person who bothered to help out a team mate other than herself was Tristan, but Mari’s mind was too muddled to think of that right now – to even appreciate the gesture. 

She turned her back on the group, facing the Hydra now, She had to….she had to at least try to kill it. Mari charged forward – not even screaming, no – her anguish was written on her face, and in her actions, there would be no warbled war cry from her. Mari gritted her teeth, aiming the dagger high over her head.  Before ramming it into the Hydra's foot - over and over again. She knew the subsequent strikes would do no damage, but she couldn't help herself.

"I'll f**king kill uou." She hissed through clenched teeth, the Hydra's health dropped down to near zero, having only 1 HP left- but Mari didn't notice or care. She didn't care about landing some stupid final strike on a monster. She didn't care about clearing the floor, or about Aincrad - the last thing that was keeping her somewhat sane had just been taken from her.

Perma Roller ID: 9150
Battle Dice: 6+3=9 SUCCESS

Zelrius watched the Battle Rage. The Formation had broken, As it always did when a Boss was on its last limbs and Everyone only cared about themselves. This was horrible way to do things, but it seemed that No matter the amount of Levels or the Strong gear you have, Or who you were, You Could not contain this chaos. So Zelrius did the only thing feasbly reasonable at this point: Can't Beat Em? Join Em. He charged Forward one last time and swung his Twinfire Sword. If he missed, The Blood Buccaneer knew he wouldn't get another shot. When it Died, Zelrius could only look up in awe. He had gotten the last hit....

ID 9152 6+3 9 Hit

Zelrius  53/77

Hydra 0/75

Zelrius watched as he made the last hit. That was it. The Lava Floor was FINALLY clearly after all this time. He let out a breath of relief, Another down, Ninety remaining. Just as quickly as that thought appeared, Zelrius threw it away. It was unbearable to think about the time it took so far to get anything done, and now they still had 10x more that length to go, Each one being harder then the last. Zelrius looked down at his feet then back at the group around him. He made his way to the top of the stairs that appeared after every bosses death and put his hand on the door. The Blood Buccaneer withdrew his hand and turned to the Raiding Party. "This was a long and hard battle. One of the few ever to have lost people inside of. That was do to reckless and careless behaviors of those who were in charge. However, Do not blame each other or yourselves. They were the fools whom entered this battle knowing they were weak, and yes how very WORTHLESS they were. With this, I'd like Emphasize just how useless lower levels are. Either Grind and become stronger, Or Dig yourself a whole in the ground and wait for those of us who are actually worth time and space take care of things. I'd like to congratulate all of those whom fought today, and would like to specifically congratulate those who Survived. Congratulations to Mari for the Final hit, And for those of you who have lost someone today, You have my condolences. With this, I leave you." Sheathing his twinfire sword, Zelrius turned and pushed open the door, Being the first to walk out onto the 10th Floor. 

I took a look around me, there were players with really low health by now and no one was helping them. I opened my HUD while in the midst of a battle and checked my items, I had no healing items on me at all. Why did I think that I didn't need healing potions. I could have helped some of these players...I thought then looked over at my group. One player caught my eye, Rue. Rue was down to an extremely dangerous amount of health. I could do nothing to help her at all. I watched in horror as the Hydra made one final blow at her, her health going to zero, and her life ended. Her body burst into millions of pixels, now gone with the system, then nothing. I stood there motionless with my shoulders slumped, not really believing what I was seeing. 

After all the chaos began I kind of just stood there, just being a spectator. No one was in their groups anymore, they were only concerned about landing one final hit on the boss. They wanted to be known as the player that cleared Floor 9, to be recognized as a powerful player. I wasn't interested in any of that glory so I just watched as everyone tripped over themselves to try and kill the Hydra. So far the health was going down quickly but with the sword I had now...I couldn't do anything. I couldn't hit the boss or inflict any damage onto it. I was rendered useless at this final stage of the fight. To make matters worse, I had no healing crystals so no one could rely on me at all. In the end, the only person you can count on to save you is yourself. 

Then, I turned my head to the right and saw Mari holding Alkor. My eyes widened slowly, mouth gaping open in shock. I had only known Alkor for a little while but he was one of the only people that were...real. He was silent and carefeul when I was with him but right now, none of that mattered. My hands shakily sheathed my sword at my hip as I stared at Mari. She wasn't handling this well. Then suddenly, Alkor's body disappeared into pixels, vanishing into thin air in a matter of seconds. I slight scream escaped my mouth but I covered it with my hand. I took a few deep breaths and stared at the ground, eyes blurring until I heard the "Congratulations!" sound. Zelrius had ended the boss. I blinked a few times and looked at the doorway to the Tenth Floor, it was almost unbelievable. I smiled with a sense of accomplishment until guilt kicked in. Two players had died in the battle. To make matters worse Zelrius gave a speech about it, he had the nerve to act high and mighty. I glared a him icily. This is unacceptable. It was not because they were worthless. Alkor was NOT worthless. Rue was not weak. All of the fault is ours as a group. There was a danger that we all came in to face, not just them alone. We as a group are responsible for the deaths but they shouldn't have to bear it....Someone else needs to take the blame for the two that passed. I thought, knowing that if I were to vent all of my feelings out right now I would probably start crying. With the image I had right now...crying would most certainly not do me any favors. I swallowed a lump in my throat and walked into front of everyone, facing the final survivors. Congratulations o-on clearing Floor nine. Thanks to your valiant efforts we have succeeded in getting one more floor closer to escaping this game. I would personally like to say a word of advice to everyone: think of others before yourself. Because of some greedy players here today we lost two players. I was in fact one of those players. I was higher level than some of you so initially I was supposed to lead my group- but I didn't. I came unprepared and now I am fully responsible for the deaths. Please keep in mind that they will always be with us though...I am sorry for the loss if you knew them but please stay safe on this next floor. Level up and become stronger so you can protect those you love, your friends and everyone. Congrats everyone....I ended quietly, spinning on my heal and bounding up the stairs to Floor 10 before anyone could respond to my sudden choice to make a speech. If anyone was going to take the blame then it would be me, I didn't have anything else to lose. Besides, it wasn't their burden to bear.

With Zelrius landing the final hit, lazily taking off the last remaining hit point - the Hydra shattered - giving off an almighty roar that echoed well after it had disappeared.

CONGRATULATIONS

The room stopped crumbling and falling apart, and the way was now paved toward the 10th floor.

Zelrius gains:

• Head of the Hydra: Molded in the image of the beast and using its tough scales this mask holds a terrifying appearance and allows the user to see through the eyes of the beast. The scales used to make this mask grant it an unmatched toughness. This sinister looking mask grants its wearer +2 Damage Mitigation and +2 Accuracy.

All participants gain 3SP + 357 Col