PP F2: Behind Blue Eyes [COMPLETE]

Mari frowned, "Sick?" She tilted her head pressing her hand up against his forehead. "You....were acting strange before - your voice seemed off, but I guess that was because you are coming down with something? I didn't think such a thing could occur here."  Mari felt tired, and drained but she wanted to make sure Life was ok. She felt her heart sink when he said he had to head back into town, she was barely managing to hold things together. How was she meant to cope alone?

Mari was almost afraid she would hurt herself if she was left to her own devices, Life mentioned the fortune cookie, why mention that at a time like this? "Love is the last thing on my mind right now." Mari bitterly mumbled as she slumped back down against the rock. She watched as he looked toward the moon, saying that they'd see each other again soon - that was true - but despite that Mari began to cry. There were no whines or sounds, she just began to silently cry. How could she...how could she sleep knowing the burden she had to carry?

Mari turned away from Life, quickly wiping what she could from her eyes so he wouldn't see. "Take care."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He closed his eyes and shook his head slowly "All you need is love" No The voice shot back, he better play it safe, he didn't want to lose himself again. Walking away, he could tell everything wasn't ok with her at that moment, he sighed and looked back over his shoulder just before he was out of sight.

What am i to do? He thought, he jumped up into a nearby tree and moved silently around the forest until he was directly above Mari, she was crying. His heart hurt for her but he decided sometimes it was best to let out your emotions and so he just sat there watching over her, making sure she wouldn't do anything she would regret. Protecting our investments are we? Shut it. He hated to see her cry but he didn't want to embarrass her by dropping in, maybe he should though. After all it's not like she knew he was there watching over her.

Mari watched as he slowly disappeared into the line of the forest. The forest...the place where Mari had killed her own daughter...the place she had lost her integrity, everything she believed was right, and the place where she had dragged Alkor down into a sick, darkening madness too. How was she meant to continue? Life was difficult enough without her daughter, but at least she was able to take solace in the fact that she was alive and well. Now what... now what was she meant to take solace in? 

Now that Life was gone, and she was alone again, Mari cried - she cried her heart out, salt tears spilling over her cheeks and staining her clothes in wet patches, she cried and between her anguished sobs she'd ask repeatedly over and over "Why?"  Mari cried until she was exhausted, at some point she had lost consciousness. Her body shivering, racked with a maddening despair. That night, the warm summer breeze hadn't reached her, all she felt was an icy darkness.

One she felt she would have to get used to, during her dreams - twisted, dark images - her brow furrowed and her hands gripped the grass as she muttered, "should have....killed him..."

She had cried for what it felt hours until she finally passed out. He wondered how long it would stay that way, she had a strange beauty to her slumber. Though she seemed tormented in her sleep, perhaps she was having nightmares.. that was most likely the case "Poor thing.." He thought it would be ok to drop down given the circumstances, maybe his presence would make her nightmares easier on her. He frown as she gripped the grass tightly "No, I should have... It's ok" His voice was a firm and calming whisper, he rubbed her back gently as she slept, she must be freezing because her body felt as though she where a block of ice. He still had his old white sweater from the day they met in the snowy forest and put it over her body hoping to keep her warm. "I guess this will do.. I better start heading back now" He got up and turned away looking at her one last time before walking off, back towards town, he was utterly exhausted and hungry. Maybe once Mari took the redemption quest, he would be able to eat with her in town. Perhaps one day, everything would sort itself out.