[OP-F1] Secret Medicine of the Forest

Arthonnen stood under the archway to leave the city from the town of beginnings. He had made some fantastic progress over the next couple of day and he felt like it was time to leave the first floor and start climbing the towers to join up with the assault team. He had herd they were attempting to breach level 9 and Arthonnen had plans to catch them as soon as he could, but looking down at his gear he felt it would be better to obtain some kind of new weaponry before set off to the snow plains of floor to. Pulling up his quest log he saw Secrets Medicine of the Forest with a decent blade as the reward he nodded to himself. "That will do" With one glance back he started to set off.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jun was on a leisurely stroll around the first floor, he was getting bored of all the higher floor mobs so it would be easier to just walk around for a few hours or so. A few hours had past and he though about heading out to explore outside the starting city, he left and noticed a player also leaving. "Hi there!" he smiled and waved. He caught up with the other player and started to walk next to him, "So where you heading?"

It's a bright and sunny day in the first floor. The weather system like to screw people around with brutal weather; sometime it can be too hot, other time it can be too cold. I wear my usual battle gear, Bakuyagai made from leather and light metal. It's my beloved armor, and I think I'll have a hard time changing this one.

I reach the gate leading outside of the beginning city. I wander around this floor today to look for something interesting. I spotted Fallen at the gate. Approaching him, I notice that he's greeting another player. I hesitate a moment, unsure whether I should go to them or not. In the end....

"Hello you two. Can..I help you with something?"

I think I'm stuttering a little. At times like this my shy nature rear its ugly head. Can't be help, my communication skill isn't that great.

Arthonnen glanced back at fallen as he showed up next to him. Looking him down from head to toe before he started to speak. His tone was sharp and to the point, but beyond that had little emotion to it, the man seeming to have an ever present pokerface about him it was hard to get a real idea on this mans motivations. "Just clearing up whats left of this floor, before moving on. The medicine quest is all I have left to do." He said his head snapping behind him as he herd a new voice perking an eyebrow at Yuji. "Just working on a simple quest" He said as he suddenly veered off the path as the group started to make their way to the tree line of the floor ones forest.  

As the group made their way towards the forest, Crusher was sitting in the meadow "Hey Arthon wait up! i want to come with you hahaha" Chasing after them he caught up and spoke "Im figuring if you are coming this way you are going to be doing the Forrest medicine quest" -As he walked beside him he started to sharpen and clean his sword as he walked. He waved to the other two following him "Hiya! Im crusher!" -Looking around he saw that they were pretty close to the Forest. He saw they were still in the meadow though. So they still had a little ways to go.

Jun nodded, "That seems fair, lets have a blast then" he smiled and patted Arthonnen on the shoulder with somewhat decent force. "You're just following me aren't you Yuji, I see you everywhere." Turning his attention to the new player that showed up, he gave a small wave "Hey Crusher, I'm Fallen, I don't really mind what you call me but if you want you can call me Jun." He didn't want to explain his reason, it was simple enough though, it was one of the only things that he kept when he went into this game world, it didn't bum him out that he was here, but he missed his family and friends.

"You make it sound like I am a stalker, Fallen.... It's just a coincidence we met at the same place."

Fallen, a member of the Cerulean Guild. The same guild where I belong. This swordsman in black cloak can surprise anyone who look down at him. He look cheerful today, meeting with his new friend. 

His remark at me throw me off a little. Maybe I need to steer away from people a little. I shrug my shoulder and chuckle a little.

Crozeph was sitting on a branch eating bread when he heard players talking. He looked down to see a group of players making their way to the forest "I know the two from the group" he said biting off his bread. Crozeph fixed his eyes on them "Yuji and Fallen..." he said before swallowing the bread "...and with Arthonnen" he added. As Crozeph looked further he didn't realize that he was slowly falling off the thick branch where he sat "I guess they're on a que..." Crozeph heard a crunch and the next thing he remembers is him hitting the ground fast, face first.

Arthonnen glances back now as Crusher was joining the group walking silent for the moment he pulled up his menu throwing each on of them an invite to his party. Thinking to himself this might be a bit of overkill for a simple gathering quest. Leading the group out it front through a small path in the forest. Most knew about this quest already, but they needed to find a rare mob. A variant type of little nepent, but with so many players having gone for this quest the pickings were slim and Arthonnen map showed a general idea of where the mob could spawn they had a lot of area to cover. Arthonnen suddenly dropped down to one knee moving behind a tree grabbing the hilt of his sword. Waving his hand behind him in hopes to get the group to get down and shut-up. "I think I hers something" He said in a low tone staring off into the woods. Then he herd it again, a crack of a branch and looked up to see Crozph fall from the tree. Next thing the man would see was Arthonnen standing over him with a sword at his throat, but Arthonnen would sigh "Oh its just you" he said putting his sword away.

On his way back from hunting for some materials, Ourian decides to take the scenic route through the woods. He didn't know why, but there was something about these woods that always soothed him, despite the fact that he was trapped inside a death game.

"Man... Today is so nice! I'm glad I decided on this little stroll..." He said to himself, stretching his arms above his head to release some of the tension he had been feeling the last couple of days in his back. Once his spine popped a bit, he sighed in relief and lowered his arms to his side.

Suddenly, he hears a crashing noise followed by the sound of something slicing through the air. Something's close by. Instinctively, he unsheathes his sword and rushes at the source of the noise. As he approaches, he sees a man pointing a sword at another's throat. 

Player Killers?!... No their Player Markers are green... Either way... Ourian thought as he rushed in, his sword raised and aimed at the man with the sword. Mid-Attack, however, he notices the man sheathing his sword and quickly stops a couple feet away from the man, sheathing his own sword in the process.

Jun followed the small group out of the town and towards a little forest, Jun let out a little laugh "It was a joke Yuji, I guess we just run into each other a lot" They reached the forest and venturing further in he heard a loud crash and bang and then Arthonnen had his sword to another players throat, that player was Crozeph, Jun had only met him once in the snow when Tom had died and he had never come across him after that but he still remembered his face. He gave him a hand up and dusted him off, "Are you ok? That was a pretty big fall" he laughed and stepped back with the rest of them. 

Jun heard some rustling in the bush behind them, an odd player was running towards Arth so Jun stuck his foot out hoping to trip him over but he stopped before he got the chance to. "Whats your problem mate?" He had a scowl on his face, â€‹"You aren't the smartest if you think attacking him is the best idea, there are 3 of us and only one of you." Jun crossed his arms and scanned the player up and down, nothing too odd about him.

"Now, now everyone, calm down. Why don't you put back your sword and calm down, stranger. No need to be aggressive over a little misunderstanding. Although if your original intention would be to attack us...then we won't give you any mercy."

I put on a big smile towards the stranger. I try to calm him down as he look like he's about to attack one of us. I would do the same if I see a player being attacked too.

Crozeph slowly stood up rubbing his forehead "put your swords down, I'm not a monster" he said. Crozeph didn't like it when he saw his bread shatter "ahh another bite would be nice" he said. Crozeph looked at the players who seem to be on a quest "let me guess...a quest?" he said to them acting like nothing bad happened to him. "Nice to see you here again Yuji and Fallen" he told them. Crozeph knew that their guild leader did something bad but still these players are good in his eyes "now who leads the frontier? Arthonnen?"

Arthonnen would spin on his heals gripping the hilt of his blade to tight you could hear his knuckles crack as someone else darted out of the woods to the group. Staring back at the new stranger ready for a fight if it come down to it. Soon through tension would start to lower and everyone could see the man relax some. Still keeping his hand on the hilt of his sword just in case. "Yes it seems everyone come running to work on this quest." He shrugs still really not thinking he would need this many people, but oh well he wont turn down the free help. Moving off through the woods to find what he looking for the group came across a small cave leading into the side of a wall.

Now understanding his mistake, Ourian relaxes while still keeping his hand on the longsword at his waist. Though he felt no danger, he was still hard of trusting others.

"My apologies. When I saw your sword pointed at him, I figured it was a fight between him and the rest of you. I was only intending to help him. I will not be a threat as long as you don't train your swords at me, I assure you." Ourian reassured. 

"The name's Ourian, by the way. Also, what is this I hear about a quest?"

"Well, It seems we are all going to complete the Secret Medicine in the forest. We have to find a rare nepant and take a rare ingredient from it i believe" Looking at all the commotion " Sure looks like we have a large group, Hahaha. Well atleast we will be able to kill a lot of mobs" -Scratching his head he wondered just how many they could take out. 

Ourian looked to the newcomer as he approached. Judging by his demeanor, he didn't seem to pose any threat, however he decided that he will remain cautious until he has a better understanding of him.

"Well, I don't know of any quest. I usually keep to killing mobs to get stronger. However, I will gladly join you and assist you." Ourian offered, extending his hand towards the man. "The name's Ourian."

"What a promising crowd" Crozeph said as he looks at the players. Crozeph has been out all alone for a few days and it seems that keeping these player safe is part of his job, he didn't to feel the guilt of losing players before his eyes again "a secret medicine..." Crozeph felt a little dismayed. He thought that the group is heading somewhere to kick some monsters butt and gain loot "well quests are hard to do sometimes and I hope this is one of them" he said following the players as they walk.

The group continued, "Don't you think this might be a bit excessive for a Floor One mob?" he pouted a little, Crozeph pointed out that the quest may be hard. "I wouldn't exactly call it hard." He pulled up his HUD and open the quest info. The mob that the group needed to kill was a rareish mob in the middle of the forest that they were currently in. It seemed easy enough and he'd get some nice rewards for it, he didn't really need the blade but the skill point would be nice as he needed to invest them in some skills.