[PP - F4] Knowing each other better . (Kosan and Mari)

It was a cold day on Floor 4 . The snow came down from the sky as it was the Winter Wonderland Floor . As Kosan enters this level , he shivers saying to himself " It's so cooold here" as he walks towards the nearest town ... "I have to find some shelter , the snow is coming down fast" he said to himself as he started walking faster . Walking on the road towards the town , he can't see anyone else is on the road , wind and snow entering in his eyes . "I can't see censoredhe thought to himself as he bumped into someone . "I'm sorry , i couldn't see you because of the censored snow" he said as he reached out his hand to help the person he bumped into ... "Let me help you get up... It was my fault after all" he added still unknowing the identity of the person .,

Mari was wandering around the fourth floor: She enjoyed the snow, and the snowfall was a tad heavier today than usual. Mari was used to the cold weather and used to the flurry of a downfall - so she wasn't bothered nor too visibly impaired, Mari noticed a dark Figure approaching her. As he grew closer she noticed it was Kosan, one of her newer guild members. Mari opened her mouth to say something but he accidentally rammed into her. She stumbled - but didn't quite fall over.

"What the hell!" Mari cried out, kicking snow up at him. "Watch where you're going idiot. What if I was a mob or an angry Pker?" She snapped, not realizing the irony of her words.

As he gets snow in the face from that person in who he rammed he thinks the voice is familiar ... "Mari , is that you ?!" he asked as he was scared because of it ... "So sorry , i didn't mean it" he said as he rubbed the back of his neck .. "Let's go and take a shelter somewhere in a cave , the snow is falling down quickly" he said as he pointed at a cave in the nearby zone ... "Let's get there fast , until the blizzard hits.." he said as he grabbed her hand and dragged her at the cave  .. "Sorry , i know you dislike being touched , but right now we had to hurry... " he said as he started making a fire ...

Mari ripped her hand out of his grasp and gave him a hard push forward, "Do NOT touch me like that - did I not make myself clear last time?" She hissed at him, very - very pissed off. What the hell was people's problem lately? She said she did not want to be touched - and yet they still insisted on touching her, dragging her places and insisting on her well being. 

well censored them.

"You do that again and you are OUT of the guild." Mari seethed, despite Kosan's good intentions he had definitely hit a nerve with her. Mari was happy to accept his apology for bumping into her; despite the initial shock and outburst, it hadn't really bothered her all that much, but this? Dragging her away to a cave?

That was NOT on.

" Sorry , i didnt mean it... But we had to hurry getting to some shelter.. And its no time to just walk.. And if you want to kick me out of the guild for caring about members then do so!" he said pissed at Mari who didnt understood his intention. "I know you dont like being touched... But would you like dying ?" he added a little bit agitated ...

Mari turned her attention to outside, sure enough - a blizzard had started up; and it seemed to be quite a doozy. "Hmmph..." Mari had to admit defeat in this instance, she wasn't as foolhardy as to admit when she was wrong. "Look. I really don't like being touched - and I won't go into why, but I appreciate your intentions..." There was a long pause with only the silence between them - the spitting of a failing fire and the roaring of the blizzard outside the cave. Mari mumbled an apology under her breath. "Sorry Kosan."

He had a few angry words to say at her, and they were justified - Mari let him vent as she leant down, poking the fire to get it to flare up, "been quite a few snow storms on this floor lately. Tad disappointing, I love this floor."

"D..don't worry" he said as he heard her apologies and everything "I'm sorry for yelling and everything as well" he added ...He understood that she doesn't like being touched but still , he just wanted to save her there .. "Well ... seems we will be trapped here for a while" he said as he looked outside the cave at the raging blizzard outside ..."You said there's been some blizzards lately .. Do you know how long one lasts ?.." he asked her quite unsure about the situation... He simply added after that "... Oh ... Do you want something to eat ? .. Got some bread and water.." the back of his neck , unprepared for this kind of things .. 

The fire had picked up and was now roaring; Mari pulled out a  black cloak from her inventory. One that Moartea was kind enough to give her, Mari placed it on the floor to create a makeshift blanket, giving a small smile as Kosan too apologized. It was rare for both parties to admit fault and come to a mutual understanding. 

"Blizzards can last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours." Mari said as she positioned herself comfortably on the coat. "I assume that the avalanche monster is active - meaning more people are fighting it these days. I've defeated it once already. I guess that is what is kicking up these storms."

Kosan offered her some bread and water; some thing she was sick of. Mari shook her head. "God no." She uttered in disgust. It was clear he was completely unprepared. Kosan was an excellent blacksmith, it appeared he was a not-so-excellent survivalist. Mari pulled up her HUD, selecting a few items from her inventory. "I'm lucky, I manage to get low levelled players to go into town for me, to purchase food - I pay them back and offer an incentive. So I generally have something a little nicer than bread." She pulled out a thermos of hot tea; and two cups, along with some shortbread biscuits. 

"Be my guest." She said, gesturing toward the food.

As he sat down near the fire while he opened his HUD to see if he got something good to eat as well "Oh ! I had some desserts .. Some Chocolate Truffles .. " he says as he gets them out of the inventory and takes a cup of tea and some biscuits Mari gave him .. "Few minutes to few hours eh ?... Well , we are gonna be here for some time" he said to himself as he started eating ... "Hey .. Mari , if we are "Trapped" here , let's ... I don't know .. Talk about each other past and things like that .." he said unknowing what else to do in a small cave ... "Or , if you have anything else in mind that we could do ..." he added rubbing the back of his neck ..

Mari watched him take a cup of tea, she took the second and as she did the thermos burst; shattering as its durability had expired. Mari bought her legs up to her chest and sighed, watching the fire. Kosan suggested they talk about their past - that was something Mari wasn't exaclty comfortable with; she would refuse to talk about the life she lived outside the game, but within the game, Mari didn't mind sharing that as much. She was becoming somewhat notorious - so privacy was a luxury she couldn't really afford.

"Our pasts?" Mari shook her head with a bitter laugh. "I won't talk about my life outside the game, I'm not the type of person to do such things. Within the game - feel free to ask. I'm finding lately my reputation preceeds me. My..." Mari tilted her head to the side, her eyes darting to the storm outside. "The other day I was called the kind killer...as if such a thing exists."

"Kind killer eh..?" he said as he kept his laugher inside.. " Someone called me The dark blade.. I dont know why through..." he didnt knew what to ask... " How have you becomed a... " he stopped... He realised what he was about to ask... Such a subject should be ignored... "A... a friendly person.. I mean.. you are a really friendly person , and a good leader !" he said while he rubbed the back of his neck then lied down on the cold stone...

Mari rolled her eyes, shuffling back to lean against the cave wall. She gave a small visible shiver as she could feel the cold stone through her off white fluffy jumper. "I am not too fond of the name myself really." Mari let him talk, he asked a question that most had asked her. It was inevitable really. "It's fine." Mari said, gesturing for him to settle. She noticed he had the tendency to rub the back of his neck when he felt awkward or nervous. 

Mari spoke as though she had told the story many times before, and she had. She spoke with practised fluidity and an unnerving ease despite the grim subject matter. "I killed my daughter within SAO - by accident mind you. Then I killed Argumail because he was attacking a group of low levelled players, then - I killed Tom, as he had a large bounty on my head and if not me he would have been killed by a ruthless PKer."

"O..Oh .. Sorry i asked.. " he said in a low tone.. "But .. you're a good person ! You are my friend.. even if you're a Pk-er... If you did it for a reason or by mistake , then ... You're not guilty.." he said as he took another biscuit.. "Well , i was.. and am a lonely player.. But you.. you're my friend.. And pretty much the only i really trust.. " he said while getting some sort of awkward feeling..

Mari shrugged as she brushed back strands of pastel pink hair from her face. "Don't apologize." She said, "Really, these things happen - at least, they happen within Aincrad." Mari sighed, ah - what I wouldn't give to punch the ol' kook who made the game though. Just one good, hard right hook to the face. 

Mari gave Kosan a wry smile as his tone changed from a low one to a energetically defensive one; as he proclaimed her innocence. "I took one life by mistake, but willingly took the others. Even mistakenly killing someone is a prosecutable offence. I appreciate the sentiment Kosan, but I am not going to hide what I've done - nor am I going to pull the wool over your eyes. I ain't got much to hide, but I ain't got much to say either." 

Kosan said he had trusted her; and admitted she was one of his few friends, if not his only friend within SAO"I'm sure you will find others to trust."

"Probably ... But until then , stay safe okay ?..." he said as a long pause was made ... Only the fire cracking sound were able to hear .. That and the winds from outside the cave that blew with great force ... "Well , it seems we still have to wait here for some more time ... Let's ... I don't know ... You choose ! It will be fun !" he said as he took the last sip from the cup with tea and eat another biscuit ."...And it can be anything ! ... But not Hide-n'-seek ... we won't be able to hide here !" he said laughing .

Mari rose a sceptical eyebrow. "Right, yeh. I plan to. I can hold my own quite well." A welcomed silence fell between the two, at least it was welcomed for Mari. She wasn't exactly one for small talk and Kosan had managed to bump into her on a bad day, him dragging her into a cave didn't exactly help either. "Fun? This isn't exactly a time for fun and games, Kosan." Mari chastised. 

"If you are bored look around..." She gestured to the cave walls around them. "You could spend your time scavenging materials from the walls; I'm sure you could find a few useful blacksmith materials in here. There is generally some everywhere. If you know where to look that is." 

"Nah , to bored to go mine for materials ... I have enough now ... But yeah... he said as he had no idea of what to do ... "Come on ... Uhm ... The snowing looks like it's gonna end pretty soon " he said as he pointed outside were there was still a snow storm , but it wasn't snowing so fast like before. "Let's stay here for a little longer ... You can tell me a story or something ... Then we can hunt some creatures outside ... If you want of course ..." he said as he had no other idea of what to do ... "Or we can make up a story ...." he said as he reminded of something from his childhood outside the game where he played with his little cousin .. They used to make up stories ... He would make one line and his cousin the other one , until they get to an end ... "If you want to.." he said right before to eat the last biscuit .

Mari scoffed, "You're too bored to go do something?" She sighed and shook her head, "You sound like a kid; where the parent gives them a list of things to do when they are bored and they say no to every suggestion....and now you want me to tell you a story?" Mari asked skeptical. Kosan was just trying to be nice, and was attempting to create discussion and form a bond with Mari, but Mari didn't see it that way. She was seeing things that weren't there, she was wary and suspected some sort of hidden agenda or ulterior motive.

Mari's eyes shifted to the outside, Kosan was right. The storm was slowly letting up. "I'm not sure...after this I need to meet up with someone. If we have time; we could kill a few things..." Mari muttered as she twirled a strand of pink hair around her finger. "It's just...at my level the mobs here don't really do much yanno? IF you want to take on a boss or something. Different story. I can make time to help you with that."

Mari paused, listening to his suggestion. It was an odd one. "What do you mean make up a story?"

"Sorry for sounding like a kid ,but when i am bored ... well ... my mind gets weird ideas from when i was a little Kid ..." he said almost laughing ."Well , if you want we can take a boss ... I think we would be able to beat it . But i don't know that many bosses around this area and you might have things to do after ... so i don't mind it !" he said quite disappointed .. He wasn't spending much time on this floor so he was some kind of a newbie here... Hearing that Mari asked about the make up story thing he said .. "Sorry , ignore that ... It's stupid what so ever ... We would make a story from scratch .. We would put what characters we want and things like that , but it's stupid so let's not do it ..." he said feeling quite stupid for proposing that thing ... "Well , after the snowstorm passes let's go for a boss ... But if you have something to do that can wait ... " he said while looking outside to see how the storm was going ...

Mari shook her head, "Don't apologize, to each their own." She gave him a smirk. "Not think Kosan, know you're a member of my guild now. it's always know. Be more confident in yourself. Hell...half the guild is wearing your equipment." Mari crossed her arms. "Hmm there is the Avalanche boss, have you done that yet? It's just a giant ice boss creature - generally a few wolves are blocking your way to it."

Mari gave a small smile, remembering her venture to the boss with Alkor and Zelrius; Alkor had been kind to her, even back then and Zelrius...well he was always just Zelrius. Arrogant and aloof. 

"Ah, yeh I played that game when I was a kid, I don't exactly have time for 'games' but if a guild member wishes to have my help to fight a boss then I can accommodate. I'd rather work with my guild to make them stronger.