[PP-F7] Muddy waters

Celes walked around sadly. She knew tristan had been under the influence of her potion, but who was he to decide for her? Who was he to say she would be cheating? she would be hurting her love? This had been like any other crush. Get to know her, become friends. What was that so bad? how dare he suggest.... 

It hurt.

She cried. 

Despite all of Maris shortcomings and outwardly cold disposition she was a good person, deep down below those crusty layers of anger and ocean of current turmoil she cared for her friends, and Celes - despite meeting only a few times was one of them.

She had shown Mari a kind of sweet kindness; an unrelenting trust that Mari wasn't used to: but appreciated greatly. So when Mari happened to see Celes; wandering around the mountains of floor 7, crying. It made Mari kind of pissed off.

Mari was waking opposite direction to Celes; and had seen her before Celes had seen Mari. Mari quickened her pace, rushing up to Celes and placing her hands on either shoulder.

"Who did this to you?"

Celes looked at her friend and smiled "Oh its nothing I just... I just had a bad time at a party, No one has hurt me directly, its my fault, really, it was all my fault..." she looked down and couldnt help fresh tears from spilling out. She wanted to help tristan get Kiru, instead he had insulted her and hurt her. She couldnt help but cry... She didnt want to cry... 

"Bullshit."

Mari spat, clearly annoyed. Her annoyance wasn't toward Celes but toward whoever had done this to her. "I doubt it was your fault." Mari said, her tone softening as she cupped Celes' cheeks in her hands- using her thumbs to wipe away the girls tears.

"Someone censored up and I want to know who, what kind of censored idiot would do something to hurt someone like you?"

Celes explained the situation. how Zelrius was hitting on her, how she had asked Lessa out, how she only wanted to go out. Never cheat on Maggie, never on her love, just... get to know someone. She liked lessa, she didnt doubt it, but she explained her relationship dynamics. How sometimes she got crushes. How she got to know them and then all was okay. Hows she had always been afraid of cheating. How her drunk sick father tore her family apart with cheating. How tristan has taken lessa and said- 

-said that she would cheat on Maggie. 

How much it had hurt her... "it was my fault, I slipped him a potion to be brave..I thought he liked Kiru... but... instead..."

"Him?" Mari asked, repeating what Celes had said as she tried to make sense of the situation. "Kiru? That multi toned hair girl?"

Mari had deduced that it was a party with a big gathering- several or so people, Mari didn't know much about Kiru. She had only met the girl once before and she seemed similar to Mari in terms of outward personalities.

Then, Celes explained more; Zelrius had been hitting on her. That didn't surprise Mari, he was arrogant, how Celes had simply asked Lessa out for dinner and how it was misconstrued as something more by Tristan.

"Ugh..."

Mari had only met Tristan once, but that once was one time too many.

"Tristan is an ass, he has his head so far up himself he's popped back up the other side again. I don't see anything wrong with what you did."

Mari sighed; "A crush is nothing- you can appreciate someone for their looks or personality; and find those traits attractive, but that's not cheating." Mari said, wiping away more tears. "You clearly love Maggie, and that is more than enough; Tristan wouldn't know that sentiment if it bit him in his own ass. That potion was nothing, clearly he was just speaking his own nasty thoughts. Which you know aren't true. Look how much the implication has upset you."

Mari let her hands drop back to Celes' shoulders. "If that isn't love and dedication then I don't know what is."

"You know I used to have nightmares, they would make me cry. In those dreams I kissed someone who wasnt Maggie, and then i would realize what i had done and cried. I would wake up crying. God i miss her so much sometimes i just want to give up. here i am, fighting, and suddenly.... Ive been accused of something i cant stand. he meant noting of it... but... I cant help but feel bad..."  she said, hugging Mari hard. "tank you, three times youve been here for me..." 

Mari placed a hand on the back of Celes' head: letting her hands tangle in the girls hair as she scratched the back of her head.

"dreams aren't real. You're fighting so hard. This place is a nightmare; and there is nothing wrong with seeking comfort from others. You love Maggie - I am sure she is by your side right now. Do you think she would want to see you cry?" Mari asked.

It was clear that Celes was in a downward self hating spiral; Mari had only just managed to crawl out one of her own, thanks to Alkor. "You're welcome." Mari said, she wasn't sure what else to say, she felt she wasn't good with words.

A part of her wanted to kill Tristan; but Mari quickly buried that part away, replacing it with a desire to punch him. Hard.

"want me to smack him, hard?"

Celes chucked at the thought of mari smacking tristan "He probably doesnt even know what he's done..." she said sadly. she felt terrible, what this really her... she thought back to what Mari said... "I try to fight hard... I want to make it out of here Mari, i need... to get stronger. And quickly."  She said with determination. now wasnt the time t be sad. She needed to...try and pull through "But i feel like... a friend just backstabbed me, does that make sense?" she let mari tangle her fingers into her hair "Maggie used to do that, shed put me to sleep that way.." she said softly... she could almost feel it. Maggie's small hands, scratching her head until she had the sweetest dreams... 

her notification rang out and she checked her HUD, a message from lessa appeared. 

Celes, I'm so sorry. Dinner would be lovely. Please stay in touch. Best, Lessa.
Reply? 
<<Yes>> <No>>

Tristan sighed as he walked with his hands in his pockets, looking for Celes. He needed to apologise for the stupidity of the heat of the moment. He still couldn't think of what to say though, except for that whatever went through his head at the time was utterly stupid. He sighed. "Why can't life be simple?"

He walked along, thinking how he was probably going to be slapped. He wouldn't stop her though, why should he? He had hurt her, even if unknowingly at the time. Gah, he could just curl into a ball and tell life (not the person) to censored off.

Tristan could see Celes in the distance, his heart panging with guilt. He took a deep breath out and began walking towards her.

Mari shrugged her shoulders as Celes said that Tristan probably wasn't aware of the ramifications his actions and words held. "Doesn't matter, he made you cry. Gotta smack him one. I'll do it next time I see him for you." Mari said with a smile, her smile soon faded when Celes started talking about strength. How she wanted to get out of here. It seemed, that everyone Mari met had someone to come home to. Mari didn't exactly have anyone to go home to - except a cat which was probably now in a shelter or new home. It had been almost a year since they were trapped within the game, they hadn't even cleared 10 floors. "I'm not big on front lining...but - I'll be sure to fight extra hard for ya." Mari said awkwardly as she stepped back, running a hand through her hair. "I may not have anyone to go home to - but it sure as hell seems others do. I already think you're pretty strong - you hold yourself extremely well and have a wonderful resolve. From what I've seen you're an excellent fighter too."

Mari was about to say something but her eyes narrowed as she saw a familiar figure begin to approach them. Mari grabbed Celes by her wrist and pulled her forward, so that the other girl was trailing behind her. Mari stopped short just in front of Tristan and bought her hand very hard across his face.

SLAP!!

"You're an ASS." Mari spat at him.

Tristan looked like he was about to say something, but cut himself short. He looked down the ground and sighed. "I know."

He thought for a moment. His mind had been in such turmoil that he struggled to even prepare anything to say. "I...I don't why I did what I did. I guess the combination of alcohol and the bravery potion had my bravado skyrocket. I was still very much thinking about something Celes had said before and...yeah...Sorry..."

He couldn't think of anything else to say which would just be repeating himself. At the time he was a complete dunce to the consequences until Lessa laid it clear before him. Be that the potion or his own flawed perception, or a bit of both, he didn't know. Regardless, he was a dumbcensored and it was his fault.

He wasn't crying, not really being the crying sort of person, but his eyes were dull with guilt and his expression very much etched with the same feeling. Tristan waited to see what Celes would say.

When Mari had said she'd fight extra hard for her hte girl had hugged her friend saying "You can come home with me too" She wondered if maggie knew she would be bringing people homme...

Suddenly...

SLAP!!

"You're an ASS." Mari spat at him.

Celes couldnt look at traitan in the eyes. "Go away tristan, I'm not ready to forgive you. I cant believe you would think- after everythign we have been through together?!? after everything I told you?! No tristan, walk away... I didnt deserve that and I am not ready to to forgive you."  she grabbed Mari's hand, staying behind the girl, not wanting to look him in the eyes just yet. "Mari, lets go, please?" 

"Tch. Nice try - you can only blame so much on other substances, it doesn't excuse your  behaviour or words." Mari felt no remorse for Tristan as he glanced down, dark skinned face riddled with guilt, soft eyes half lidded in shame. Mari turned to Celes, who couldn't stand to look at the other man. It seemed the two had a history. Perhaps they were close friends, and that's why his words had hurt her so much. Celes seemed like a pretty open person at times - and to have that trust thrown back in her face? It was a sad sight to see. Mari had her own trust thrown around so many times it had caused her to have a hard demeanour, and kept her closed off from others most of the time.

Celes grabbed Mari's hand; stepping in behind her; asking them to leave. "Sure." Mari said as she shifted her arm to wrap around her back as she turned both herself and Celes away from Tristan, choosing to leave him there without a second thought. "Did you want to distract yourself with something else?" Mari asked.

The two walked off, Mari far more sympathetic to Celes. Tristan sighed, but didn't blame her. After all, he was the one that screwed up. Well, he supposed he couldn't do anything more here, unless he wanted to mess up any more.

I'll...go now. he thought and turned around slowly and walked away. His hands were balled into fists, knuckles white from how hard he squeezed them. It was out of his own frustration. He wanted to scream out loud at himself, but that was probably a bad idea.

As he walked he thought on what he could do to make up for it, but hit blanks. All he'll probably do is mess up anyway just like he had done before.

Only after a walking a good 100 metres was it too much for him. He slumped onto the floor and held himself on all fours, fists against the floor.

He punched the ground several times, continuously over and over, for how stupid he was. "censored!" he cursed at himself. He stopped punching the floor when his knuckles bled, when it felt unnecessary to do it anymore and resided to staying in the position he was as tears fell onto his hands.

Damnit I can't do anything right.....

Celes took Maris hand. Something to save her f rom drowning  in this moment. "How about we go get a hot chocolate?" She said softly. Chocolate had always cheered her up when she was in the real world. Maybe today it would be the same. "Yeha, lets get a hot chocolate. I need one, after a day like today" She walked off with mari. She turned back in time to see tristan cursing. but it was too much, and not enough at the same time. She turned around and kept walking. 

Mari allowed Celes to take hold of her hand, the other girl was gripping her hand tightly, and Mari could feel the vibrations of her shaking hand. Mari squeezed Celes' hand tightly. Her blue eyes watching the chestnut haired girl carefully. Celes mentioned hot chocolates, and Mari had to admit she did love them, but wasn't sure how she would be able to have any - with her PKer status and all. 

Celes glanced back and Mari gave her a tug forward, as if to say don't look back. "I'd love a hot chocolate, but where would I be able to get one, being a Pker and all?"

Celes smiled gently, "I know a few NPC shops outside of the safe zone we can go do darling." she laced arms with Mari, allowing the woman to feel her wight. She was still shaking, still sad. She walked with mari to the teleport gate. "Its on the third floor" She got into the teleport gate and everything around her began to shimmer, she arrived to the floor and waited for Mari...

(OOC: this thread is almost done,s o finish up and we can have it locked.) 

Mari slowly shook her head, pastel pink hair slowly shifting back and forth as her lightly glossed lips quirk up into a smile. "Of course you know..." She said lightly in a warm tone. Insinuating that, of course, that would have to be the type of thing Celes knew. The chestnut haired woman had a habit of being able to pick out interesting food locations throughout Aincrad - it was a shame the more exotic ones were in towns. Still, Mari had refused to partake in the redemption quest.

Mari lifted her hand to tuck loose hair behind her ear as she turned to Celes, feeling the other girl lace her arms around  her own. The other girl still seemed to quiver; despite her upbeat tone. Mari didn't show it, but that bothered her. Celes was one of the few people Mari felt truly close to, and to have her in such disarray unnerved Mari. 

The two made their way to the teleport gate. Celes was first to go; quickly followed by Mari. Landing on the third floor Mari gave Celes a small smile; hoping that her company would be a good distraction and cheer her up. "Right. Lead the way Celes."

Celes got to the gate, shouting the name of the floor she was off, waiting for Mari's arrival. She had to say, her friend was the closest she had in a long time, even with tristan. She felt mari was like.. a big sister... now... she was going to take that lovely big sister out to lunch. 

THREAD DONE: 

pages 1

People 3

Rewards, 1 sp, 133 col each