PP - F1: "Looks can be Deceiving"

Mari gave a lazy yawn, covering her mouth with a perfectly manicured hand. She may be a PKer - but that did not mean she could not present herself well. Mari generally took pride in her looks. Her pastel pink hair sat neatly in a bob just above her shoulders - and not a hair was out of place. She wore her casual attire; a white fluffy jumper - which was silken to the touch, made of a fine rabbit fur. It had a pink collar popping out of the neckline. She wore a darted pink skirt with white polka dots, and wore knee high socks with shiny black flat shoes.

Mari's looks were deceiving, her appearance short, sweet and cute - but she walked in a confident manner and the red icon above her head, symbolizing the status of a PKer showed that not all was as it seemed with her.

Her blue eyes were half lidded and she had a bored expression on her face, her stomach rumbled and Mari knew she needed to find a lower levelled player who would be willing to go into town for her to procure her some food

Mari paused in her stead, hearing someone shouting and cussing rather loudly. There was an older boy, at least he appeared older than the people she had met as of late, he was repeatedly ramming his head against a tree. "Eh?" Mari wandered over to him, placing one hand on her hip. The other scratching her cheek lightly as she watched him a few moments longer - as he imitated a younger player in a high pitched tone.

"You OK there?"

She asked as he finally seemed finished with his self abusing tyrade. "Yanno..." Mari began, "If you want to hurt yourself that badly, weapons are far more effective."  It was dry humour.

Annoyed blue eyes, seemingly uninterested travelled over Mari's appearance; He made a disgruntled noise before commenting on the sanity of Aincrad's players. Mari crossed her arms, shifting her weight to one side. Mildly amused at his remark. "Well; the situation does seem to zap the sanity even from the soundest of minds." 

Her smirk turned into a slight frown; "Perhaps you should bang your head on the tree a few more times and consider yourself lucky circumstances are different; else your life would be forfeit right now, I'd have struck you down- " Mari reached out, her hand in the shape of a gun as she placed an index finger against the centre of his forehead. "Bang. Dead."

Mari shrugged off her comment, leaning her shoulder on the tree, "Now that you mention it, yeh - I do. Want to make some quick Col?"

Mari shrugged, "Not exactly- sure if I was that kind of PKer you would probably be dead already, but I'm not. I don't see the reason behind killing for a pointless reason such as, you having a bad day - and unable to deal with an annoying character."

Jubei said there would be no profit from her killing him and Mari gave a small nod in agreement, "Eh that's true - you don't have a bounty on your head - still, profit can be more than monetary gain. People kill for the sheer joy of it. Not that I see any joy in such a thing, I don't aim to intimidate anyone with my orange tag - people jump to their own conclusions. Frankly it's refreshing to see someone not glance up at that then look at me with beady, questioning eyes."

The dark haired youth questioned her, and what she had in mind. Mari grinned, bringing her hand around to wrap an arm around his back, hand resting on his shoulder. "You may not care about the orange tag, but the game system sure does. I can't enter town; and need to stock up on food. If you go in town, and get me what I need- a 300 Col bonus is in it for you."

"Eh?" Mari blinked before laughing. "You ain't my type, I ain't interested, and yeh - easy no? That's almost enough to get you a decent weapon or armour." Mari's blue eyes travelled up and down his body before adding, "God knows you need it. Unless you got a few items hidden away in that inventory of yours."

The dark haired youth fiddled with his fingers, glancing down - Mari had to wonder what was on his mind, his tone and words earlier were defensive, and could easily be perceived as rude; but now he seemed almost embarrassed, or at least uneasy. Perhaps he didn't like to be touched. Mari made a mental note to be wary of that in the future. He avoided eye contact with her, and in a manner that seemed typical of his persona - asked for her name. "Mari, and should I call you blackie?" She asked, pointing to his hair. "Or perhaps I should just call you boy?"  She added snidely.

"Jubei eh?" Mari asked, she laughed as he upped the price to 500 Col. "Got a lotta moxie there eh?" She asked, flicking her hair out of her eyes with a small motion of her head. Again, Jubei glanced away and started twiddling his thumbs. Was he anxious? Mari had caught onto the mannerism, as he had done it a few times in the short minutes they had spent together. "Though that's a bit much - I'm not exactly short on players who can go to town with me - waiting a few extra hours and saving a few hundred Col..." Mari shrugged. "No deal Jubei. Nice try though." She said with a grin.

"Yes, Moxie." Mari repeated, "you know...Moxie, Spunk, attitude, guts...daring...that sort of thing." Mari pushed herself off the tree and dusted herself off, not that she really needed to perform such an action, it was a force of habit. 

Mari lifted her shoulders in a nonchalant shrug, "Eh 350 I'll do. Let's go then." Mari started toward the town, taking a few steps before turning her head over her shoulder to look at him as he stretched. "Let's get a move on eh?" She then started toward the town, not really worried if he was following or not. He should know where the town was from here, one could see it's buildings dotted along the horizon. You'd have to be blind to not see it. Mari began making a mental note of what she wanted, more so what she needed from town. She wasn't sure when she'd next see her friend Celes- who normally did her shopping for her.

"Mmm, Jerky, Iced Tea, Hot chocolate, Croissants...biscuits....ham..."

Mari shot him a questioning look as Jubei gave him a sort of funny, curious look. As though he was analysing her; or perhaps it was because she had to explain herself to him. Jubei didn't sound too amused at her antics. Mari didn't care, she just laughed it off. Mari didn't say it, but she was actually enjoying Jubei's company. He had a cold outward demanour, and didn't take crap from anyone. His manner of speaking was direct. Similar to Mari. 

Mari gave her head a slight shake as the rainfall began to increase; she slid a hand over her brow, slicking back her hair. Mari took a deep breath and exhaled, revelling in the weather. "I love the rain."

The two arrived at the entrance to the town; Mari couldn't go any further. "Right; so here is how it works - you go into town - get what I need, then when you get back I will trade you the cost of the items plus an additional 350 Col." Mari paused, ensuring that the information had sunk in. She was used to having to do that for her guild members, most of whom were much, much younger than her.

Mari crossed her arms, slowly listing off the items she required, she already had bread - and fruit was easily enough to obtain without needing to buy any. "Right so; I need some Jerky, ham, croissants; Don't give a rats ass what kind of jerky. I need Iced tea, again don't care what type. Hot chocolate. Premium. Croissants, and some sort of biscuit. Got all that Jubei dear?" 

Mari grinned, "Oh, my bad - I'm used to addressing younger people."  She said in an amused tone, Jubei was very quick to anger, more so than herself and it was entertaining to see. To be on the other side of the coin so to speak. Mari was usually the one dishing it out, now she was on the receiving end and it didn't bother her one bit.

Jubei repeated the list to her and Mari gave him a nod of acknowledgement; "Yeh, that's all correct..." She paused, before adding another pet name to the mix, "sweetheart, see you soon." She said as he turned around and waved her off. Mari grinned, then gave a sigh - she didn't like standing around so she back away from the entrance of the town, choosing to sit nestled in the soft grass where she knew Jubei would easily be able to spot her. 

*on phone will edit when at home*

It had been quite some time since Jubei had left. Mari wondered if he got lost- how long had it been! An hour? Maybe more? She stifled a yawn, leaning back against a large rock. She crossed her legs, keeping an eye on the entrance to the city.

Sure enough, along came Jubei. Begrudgingly walking up to her with a sour look upon his face as he chastised her decision to move. Mari lifted her shoulders in a small shrug. "Maybe, but you don't seem like the person to worry about others - besides, you were taking a while. I'm not going to stand around for an hour. Rather be more comfortable. Now... "

Mari pat the ground next to her, a gesture to offer him a seat. "How much do I owe?"

-on phone will edit when home. Reply is short cause phone and out and about-

Mari watched as Jubei again, rolled his eyes. "Keep doin' that and your eyes just might roll out of your head." She chided as she double checked the list of items before placing 525 Col into the trade box before accepting the trade offer. "There. All done." Mari dusted off her hands before cracking her fingers. Leaning back against the rock with a sigh.

"You look like you don't enjoy company. So if you don't want to be here, then you can leave." Mari pulled out a bottle of what looked to be bourbon from her inventory, she swirled the bottle around before taking a swig. "Save yourself the effort of hanging out with such an eyesore as myself eh?"

Mari quirked a brow as he suggested she wanted it to go on longer. "Honestly?" Mari said, "I don't care either way. You could stay here and I would probably engage in some sort of idle chatter - or you could leave and I may just never see you again."  She shrugged then gave a lazy yawn. It was fast turning to evening. "That's the nature of this game. We both got something out of the transaction, what more could any of us expect, or want?"

Mari swirled the bottle again, taking another sip. He said that he didn't hate company, just that he didn't trust people easily. It was a good quality to have. She smirked, slowly nestling the bottle in her lap. "IS that a compliment mmm?" It was a rhetorical question, but still. Mari asked it - she wasn't exactly attempting to rile him up. Jubei just seemed like the type of guy who was easy to tease.

Mari watched as Jubei rolled his eyes. A bad habit he had. Sure, Mari had her own mannerisms but she didn't do them every few seconds. It would seem that not even a minute would pass before Jubei would roll his eyes. Mari wondered how he managed to maintain any form of company or companionship with that attitude, but it was a fleeting thought - one that the pink haired girl was not going to bother dwelling on.

"And I'm sure it's eye rolling like that, as to why people avoid you." Mari responded in an amused tone, watching his behaviour. His bark was worse than his bite. He came off as indifferent, unsociable - yet he was so easily flustered. Perhaps that was why he was so antisocial. Jubei came off as the type of person who wasn't used to face to face communication.

Mari's smile grew as the boy stammered. She stood; dusting blades of grass off her skirt. Mari placed the bottle back in her inventory as she approached the dark haired man, her head tilted upward as she examined him with wide, curious blue orbs. "But teasing is so fun, Jubei." She  whispered as she leant in closer, reaching out with her hand, index finger grazing his jawline. "Especially with your reactions." 

She stepped back, giving him a cheeky grin as she continued taking small steps backward. "Mayhaps we will meet another time, Jubei." She turned on her heel and gave him one final wave, "Buh bye now~" before she left him, humming a cheery tune.