PP-F1 'Young and Old' (Jacob) COMPLETE

Mari, in all her pink splendour was roaming the first floor, at quite the leisurely pace. She, for once had a small smile on her features. She had been in an oddly good mood lately. It could be a number of things; her guild was performing at a high standard and all her members were well rounded and working together - she had yet to have too big of an issue with them, with the exception of Orhalimi who she made amends with, and Rue who apologized for her actions.

It could be because she was coming to terms with what had happened with her daughter; by no means had she healed from it, but she felt...it was odd...she felt as though she had the ability to push forward despite such a sordid act. 

She held a cup of warm camomile tea in her hands, blowing on it as she walked; today was a peaceful day.

Jacob skipped through floor one happily as ever. He seen everyone taking strolls and having a nice time as well. He the smelled something delicious. He then noticed it started to move away he followed the scent. A lady with pink hair (Impretty sure) was walking with coffee. It smelled Good to Jacob but it was not for sale. He sat down bored. He needed to have someone to have fun with him. He then jumped back and ran to the lady. He said "Hello!" "My name is Jacob" he said in a voice that was of a little kids. "What's your name?"

"Mmm?" Mari felt a tug at her skirt, she turned around to see a young boy - she couldn't tell how old he was, but he was definately no older than 10 - Mari frowned at the black haired youth. what was...what was someone so young doing in sAO? without family? A variety of emotions ran through Mari, but her face remained calm as she knelt down to be level with the boy.

"Hello Jacob. My name is Mari." She placed the cup of tea down next to her and placed a hand on his shoulder "How-How old are you?"

Jacob watched as the woman knelt down to meet with his level. She out a hand on his shoulder and asked him "Hello Jacob, my name is Mari. How old are you? I'm am six he said looking at Mari. He put six fingers up to show her. He then noticed she was examining him. What are you doing? He asked. Before giving her a chance to speak he asked do you wanna play? He looked at her in the eyes. His mind was going literally 100 miles per hour. It was fun having someone to talk to. He hadn't really talked to anyone after escaping the place where all the children go. Well, the children who lost their family. I he then said what came to his mind. "My mommy came in here with me. I'm going to find her one day!

The young boy counted numbers on his hand, then - holding two tiny hands up toward her he showed her that he was six. Mari gave him a weak smile. "Six huh. That sounds like a fun age."  Mari was finding it impossibly hard to speak to him, it caused a whir of feelings inside of her, the guild of the death of her daughter was beginning to resurface, after she had tried so hard to push it deep down inside of her. Mari found it difficult and wanted nothing more than to run away.

But where would that leave her? 

Mari lightly brushed his fringe out of his face. "You just remind me of my daughter, you are around her age." Her smile faded for just a moment when Jacob mentioned that his mum had come in here with him, and that he had lost her - that could mean a number of things...

Mari swallowed; tilting her head to the side. "What sort of game do you want to play hmm?"

Mari gave Jacob a weak smile. "Well that sounds like a fun age." "Yeah!" He said excitedly. He noticed that Mari looked a little grim. "Are you okay?" He said looking in her eyes. She just said then "You just remind me of my daughter, you are around her age." Jacob looked around. "Where is she?" Me, you, and her can go kill piggies or play hide and seek or another game. He was all excited now. Almost jumping for joy.

Mari bit her lip and shook her head. "She's not here any more - she passed away and is now up in heaven." Mari said. She was never one to delude children from the concept of death - kids were smart, very smart, and Mari felt that people should give them far more credit. Children were more perceptive than adults, they could pick up on things; and Jacob proved just that.

"But, I'd be happy to kill some piggies with you, if you like. Do you have any good armour or weapons? I can give you some if you like." 

Mari repelled to him saying "She's not here anymore--She passed away and is now in heaven. "But I will kill some piggies with you. Do you have good weapons or armor. " I can give you some if you like." "Nope, I'm good." "I have this!" He pulled out shadow stinger the blade he received from his guild. He jabbed it around and then put it back to not hurt anyone. He cheerfully then said "Lets go kill piggies!" He grabbed Mari's hand and slowly began to pull her out of town. He looked back and said "Im sorry your daughter passed away." But this time it was softer than normal.

(Mari isn't in town, she is a PKer and so cannot enter towns or safe zones~)

Mari stood up, as he showed off his weapon, the weapon she had given him. "Oh, so you're my new guild member." Mari said as she placed a hand on his head and ruffled his head. The next thing she knew; Jacob was pulling her along enthusiastically going on about the boars that were in the next field over. Mari would kill the boars in one hit, so she wasn't sure how this would work - perhaps they would take turns and if she killed it he could loot it. It would be a fast way for him to gain Col and Materials.

"Heh...you're pretty eager - ya know I can kill boars in one hit."

OOC sorry didnt know.

Jacob kept walking through the field when Marj said "Oh, so you're my new guild member." Jacob smiled and said "yup! I'm in selan... Solean.... Cerlet... I can't say." He kept walking when they came to the top of the hill. "Piggies!" He shouted noisy. He pulled out his blade. Die piggie!" He moved slashing down at the stupid pigs face. It would die to his blade. He barely missed leaving the pig mad. It charged him and a tusk went straight into his side. He flew back onto the ground. Ouch!" He said getting up for another round.

ID 4442 BD 4 LD 12 MD 6 Jacob miss 0 damage) Piggie hit 1 damage

Jacob 8/9

Mari ?/?

Piggie 5/5

"Cerulean Silence. Ce-Roo-Lee-Anne, but you can call it blue silence if you want. It's my guild, I am the leader."

Mari was going to go on and say more but decided not to; more so - she didn't have a chance to. He ran off to the nearest boar; or what he called them ' Piggie'  The kid had a lot of energy, and bravery - Mari had to wonder if he knew the ramifications of dying in SAO. The boar rammed into him - and Jacob fell.

Mari pulled out her dagger; and threw it at the boar - it disappeared, bursting into hundreds of pieces of data - a small sphere was all that remained. Loot. Mari could not get anything from the boar because it was too low levelled. "There, look." Mari said as she picked up her dagger again and pointed toward the orb. "Touch that to see if you get any loot." 

Battle Dice: 11 +2 = 13
SUCCESS

Boar 0/5
Mari 49/49
Jacob: 8/9

ID 4515 Loot dice 3 no loot obtained.

Jacob embraced himself as the piggie got ready to ram him. Again. Then like a flash of lighting a small streak flew at the boar and it exploded into millions of blue shards. "Wow".... His eyes watched the shards and then they flew away in the wind. Then he noticed a or where the boar died. Mari pointed at it and said touch it. It might give you loot. So he got up from the ground and touched the pretty orb. It faded and nothing happened. Jacob sighed and started to look for another when he heard a loud snarl. He pointed his blade at a bush and three huge wolves came out snarling. He stabbed his blade at them. Grt back. They snarled even louder.

Jacob 9/9

Mari 49/49

Wolf Alpha 10/10

Wolf 7/7

Wolf 7/7

Mari grinned, turning to him. "You're in my guild now, Jacob. As long as you are in my guild - I will do my best to make sure you never get hurt."

There was a loud snarl; and a rustle from in the bushes; and out jumped a large Alpha wolf followed by two smaller wolves. Mari's eyes narrowed. If Jacob was out here alone...and faced these, there was a high chance that he would have died. Still, he was quick to act, and seemed unafraid. Mari gave a wary smile. "Thatta boy." She said, standing next to him. "You need to be careful though, you could get hurt." 

A Wolf charged; and attempted to attack Mari; but she slashed across it's head before it reached her, and it burst into data. Leaving behind a small orb for Jacob to loot.

Mob Dice: 4+2=6 SUCCESS
Damage: 9 

Jacob 9/9
Mari 49/49

Wolf Alpha 10/10
Wolf 7/7 DEAD
Wolf 7/7

I'd 4571 battle dice 9 I know it says no name. But its me alright.

Jacob watch in aww as Mari ran up and dismantled a wolf in perfection. He took a breath then held his blade ready for the next wolf to advance. The other wolf not the alpha came at him. Jacob sprinted at it and thrust his blade at the wolfs head. The met its mark hitting on its side of its head. Jacob then kicked it back before it could touch him. He then pointed his blade at the alpha to keep it at bay away from him. He then slowly walked back to where Mari was standing.

Battle dice 9 critical 2 regular. 1 skill. 2 weapon. 5 damage total.

Jacob 9/9

Mari 49/49

Wolf Alpha 10/10

Wolf Dead

Wolf 2/7

"You're doing a pretty good job."  Mari said, complementing him on his efforts in an attempt to get him to push himself harder, and to continue to concentrate on the battle. "You've almost got it in one hit! Keep getting stronger and you will be able to wipe them out easily!" 

Mari turned to the Alpha wolf; she wanted Jacob to finish off the other wolf on his own, it would help boost his confidence. Mari kicked off, charging for the Alpha wolf, she jumped up into the air and vaulted over the Alpha's back, thrusting the dagger into the wolf as she had done so, the Alpha Wolf gave a low howl as it tried to retaliate; but it had found that ice had creeped from where Mari had struck it down to its legs, planting its feet firmly in place. 

This was the first time Mari was able to see the effect of her new weapon in action. "Ha!" Mari cried out triumphantly. "Lookit that, it can't move. Jacob; you can kill that one too." 

Battle Dice 8+2 = 10
Alpha Wolf: 1/10 HP:  Frost touch 2/2 turns- cannot move

Wolf Dead

Wolf 2/7 

Jacob 9/9 
Mari 49/49

ID 4698 Battle dice: 10

Jacob watched Mari really lower the alpha life bar. Also he noticed that the Alpha was not moving at all. Something with one Mari's skills. Jacob looked back to his wolf which was still snarling at him. He giggled and charged. He then jumped in the air, then stabbed down with his blade and the wolf exploded into tiny bits. He took his blade and slashed it around a bit. Then he noticed Mari's wolf still standing there. He was supposed to kill that one next according to Mari. It was as good as dead. It was frozen in place.

Jacob 9/9

Mari 49/49

2 wolves Dead

Alpha 1/10 Frozen 2/2 turns

Mari stepped back from the battle, placing the dagger back in her inventory for now; she watched as the kid seemed to have fun; enjoying it for what it was - a simple game. Alas, for many - it wasn't so simple. Nor could SAO be enjoyed in such a carefree manner any more, not with the fear of death looming over everyone's heads. Yet here he was - a young six year old boy, just having fun.  Laughing; enjoying himself. Mari envied that about him, she wished she could be so lucky.

Jacob had killed the wolf, Mari clapped her hands together. "Thatta boy! Now the Alpha wolf! Don't forget to loot the monsters though! You could get lucky." 

ID 4792 Battle 9 critical

After finishing the last wolf he laughed. Mari looked at him and shouted "Thatta boy! Don't forget about the Alpha!" Jacob looked at the frozen wolf. It was still frozen in a snarl. Jacob laughed and walked up to the wolf. The he shouted "Die!" He thrust the blade into the wolves chest making it burst into shards of data leaving the orbs. Jacob looked at the three orbs. He laughed because he killed the wolves and survived the battle. He went up to the first one and yelled "Here we go!"

(In future; be sure to loot the wolves on the same turn you kill them as you should use the same loot dice! Just future reference for you  :-P   )

Jacob seemed to be having a lot of fun; all he had to do now was to loot the wolves. Mari felt at ease; watching him play, watching him laughing. It evoked feelings she had thought she had hidden away. Mari wanted to protect that happiness and youthful innocence. Jacob shouldn't be hurt, and if Mari had it her way. She would ensure that he would not be hurt. Ever.

"Show Mari what you  get from looting ok Jacob?"

4865 4

4864 20

4863 3

After killing the boars Jacob looked at the beautiful orbs that stood afloat from where the dead wolves once stood. He walked to the first one touching the orb. It faded into nothing. Jacob looked at the next orb. He walked to it and touched it. It started to glow and then popped up with the items received. He obtained 35 col and a mat. He smiled and laughed that he had gotten an item. Tho was wonderful. He then touched the last and nothing came up. Well he had made some money. Jacob yawned and fought back tiredness. Failing but still continued to look for another boar.

Jacob 9/9 Sleepy

Mari 49/49

No Enemies