[OP-F1] When Rome's In Ruins

For the past hours, Daeron had spent time wasted, sitting under a cork tree, with nothing but his armor on. His weapon laying on the ground beside him, he had no intentions to fight right now. Inhaling the clean air, as compared to the air on the ninth floor where the air was heavy and hard to breathe, Daeron released his breath, only to take in another.

Looking over at the small lightly wooded woods that weren't too far from the first town, he saw foxes hunting rabbits, but he had thought of almost like a different day than usual. When the night had finally crept upon, the foxes seemed to be chasing something else, but not bunnies. Perhaps the foxes were hunting the hounds. That reference was almost too much for him because it would almost sound like players hunting the PK'ers. Which in his world, would never happen.

Looking through his brown bangs, and his orange eyes, which glowed in the lunar light, Daeron kept calm, quiet, and was almost able to fall asleep. He wasn't worried about someone trying to "Sleep PK" him because he was a light enough sleeper he could tell when someone would come near him. The grass, luscious and crisp, he hear nothing but the whistles of the wind as it pushed through a light wave over the grass, giving almost a great scenery to glare at. The moon above was especially relaxing as it gave the wilderness a tone that could put one's mind at ease.

Mari had just come back from a meeting with one of her guild members; more so - had just managed to get him to go to the town to retrieve some food for her - since she had inadvertently managed to fall other players- she still wasn't able to enter towns. Mari sighed softly, she didn't have a lot to be discontent about. Rather, she had been in decent spirits lately. If it wasn't for that group of players that had chased her all the way up to the 8th floor.

Mari scratched the back of her head, musing to herself. "Seriously....3 level one players against a level 19 player...those odds still just don't work..." 

Mari caught herself just as she was about to trip over a sleeping person - none other than Daeron, Mari knelt down, feeling a little stupid for not noticing him she found a cold drink - iced tea in her inventory and placed it on his stomach. "Sup sleeping beauty." 

Daeron had no intentions of moving. That was until he was surprised with a cold sensation tingling his stomach. His eye lids shot open and he stood up, his weapon in his hand in seconds. When he saw a familiar face, he relaxed and layed back down. With the drink gone, he wasn't too happy.

"Well, I was sleeping." he said rolling his eyes. Daeron scooted slightly aside to give her some room in the shade. "I see you haven't changed." he said unsure of what else he could say. Daeron refused to smile and keep his eyes expressionless.

The brown haired man jumped, knocking down the drink, which in turn - shattered. Mari gave a small pout, not fazed by his defensive action. Her blue eyes focused on the place where the drink had shattered. "That was peach flavoured too~" She whined as she traced a circle on the ground with her index finger. Mari was in good spirits lately, and it showed, she was more light hearted with her actions and wasn't so unapproachable or secluded. 

Daeron seemed grumpy, but still shifted so Mari could sit next to him in the shade. Mari obliged - carefully folding her pink skirt underneath to sit on the plush grass. Mari laughed as Daeron said she hadn't changed, his mouth set in a thin line. "Could almost say the same for you, except you seem to be lacking that cocky smile of yours." Mari chided. "What brings you out to the first floor?" 

"Oh you know- the usual... rubbing in my superiority to all the weaklings here." he said smirking. Daeron looked around and exhaled rather loud just to be obnoxious. Putting his hand on hers to see how she'd react, he exhaled again. "So, do any slaughtering lately?" he asked, intertwining his fingers with hers..

He knew she hated being touched, so like he usually does, he sees how far he can push them for no reason whatsoever. He showed that he didn't care about what people thought of his actions this way. "I can get you another mango tea later" he offered, not remembering the flavor she had literally just said. "You look cute today." he added in a whisper like tone, hoping she wouldn't catch that.

Mari shook her head as if to say 'what am I going to do with you?' She grinned at this egotistical comment, he was being obnoxious but Mari didn't overly mind. "You sound like Zelrius. Two peas in pod - except you dress slightly better than him." Mari joked, "Never was one for the whole bow ties and suits sort of deal."

Mari didn't exactly notice his hand on hers, despite the sudden warmth, and how he entangled his hands in hers. Her mind was focused elsewhere, when he asked if she had done any slaughtering lately. "Not...not exactly - I took a bounty, and there were these three kids - couldn't be any older than 16-17..." Mari sighed, finally pulling her hand away from his as she brushed pink bangs out of her face. "No higher than level 1- maybe 2... the three of them attacked me and followed me up to the 8th floor. Suffice to say they aren't...around any more..."

Mari managed another smile as she turned to face him, correcting him. "Peach, and don't worry about it, was for you anyway. No loss here." Daeron whispered something else, but Mari didn't hear it. "Eh? What was that?"

Grinning, he shifted his body. "I said you look cute today!" he screams, knowing that it might annoy her. After he finished, Daeron yawned and continued to shut his eyes, to relax while he conversed with Mari.

"Bang anyone lately? No. Me neither." he says, smirking. He heard the whistle of the wind run through the plains until the breeze eased down some more. Stretching his arms so that his palms were behind his head,  he remained this way, deciding not to pull a move on her, yet.

Mari jumped back, "No need to YELL! Geez!" She said as she gave him a shove. Obnoxious was an understatement, he seemed to be enjoying himself. He simply gave her another arrogant smile followed by a yawn. Shutting his eyes and relaxing, as he asked her a rather abrasive question. "Bang? No." Mari said the next bit without thinking. "Kissed Alkor though..." She mused with a small smile.

Mari shook her head, choosing to take a stab at Daeron, "So - no luck with Lessa then eh Romeo? Whatever happened to taking whatever and whomever you wanted eh?"

Daeron opened one eye to look at her. Alkor... a name he couldn't stand hearing. "Listen, seduction is an art that must be practiced in different ways all the time. No thanks to you women." he added a sly remark. Closing his eye again, he gave her a slight nudge and smiled, clearly just playing around.

"And no, no luck. In fact I haven't talked to her in a while." he realized, moving one arm around her hip, but not doing anything else.

Mari wondered if Daeron knew the name, the mention of Alkor was enough to cause him to open a single eye. "Eh? You know him?" Mari asked, completely unaware of the hatred Daeron had for Alkor. The arrogant man brushed off her quip, stating that seduction was an art that had to be practised different ways before closing his eyes again. 

Mari leaned back in the grass, raising her eyes skyward. "Don't quit your day job then. Haven't spoken in a while? Aren't you both in the same guild?" Mari went to lay down in the grass, but jumped back up when she felt her back rest on his arm. SHe hadn't realized he had stretched it out toward her.

"No, I haven't. Though we are in the same guild, I'm usually off wherever." he said, rolling over her, his arms now extended, holding himself up above her face to face. Her eyes always so pink, an interesting shade. "Yeah, I know Alkor. I want him dead." he said, returning to his previous location with his arm on her hip once again.

Daeron's orange eyes were no longer emotionless, but held a glimpse of anger in them. He had been fine until he heard she kissed him. Moving his hand beside him, grabbing the hilt of his sword, in case she may try to attack after what he just said, he kept keen and on edge for the time being.

Mari shrugged, "I keep in contact with most my guild members - fairly often...but I think the Guardians may be a larger scale guild. Must be busy, and hectic. Suppose it doesn't help with Mr. 'Do what I want when I want' in the mix, eh?" Mari asked. 

Her eyes widened as Daeron rolled over her, his action pressing her to lay down, nestled in the grass. His face was very close to hers now - brown hair tickling her cheeks. Just what caused such a sudden action? He...wanted Alkor dead? "...why?" Mari asked, voice airy. As he shifted Mari asked again as she sat back up, more determination in her voice.  "Why do you want him dead?" Mari asked again. Raising her voice, using a more determined, and demanding tone. What 
did Alkor ever do to Daeron? Daeron - the man who had fun killing?

Mari's eyes darted to the hilt of his blade, was he going to attack her? Or was he assuming she'd attack him? "I'm not going to fight you." Mari added dryly, "Too lazy for that."

Daeron expected this question, but hadn't the slightest intention to explain himself. Releasing his hand from the weapon, and letting it drop beside him once more. He stayed quiet for several moments until he spoke. "I have a request." Daeron said witth a monotone voice.

Looking at Mari, "Never use his name around me again, or I will kill you myself" he said, with a calm but scary tone. He sat up and refused to relax after this conversation had started.

Mari tensed, noticing that the air between them had changed quite suddenly and drastically, even after Daeron had let go of his weapon. A silence fell between the two. Mari was generally one to welcome long silences - it meant less talking, but she didn't like this one. Finally Daeron spoke, yellow eyes glinting with a threatening anger as he requested that she never use his name again; or he'd kill her.

Mari glanced away, Daeron was a higher level than her, Mari bit her tongue. She had many things she could have said, no doubt Daeron killing her, heck even hurting her would have Alkors blood boil - she cared for him greatly, and it was clear that Alkor felt the same for Mari, her face betrayed her thoughts as a slight red tinge flushed across her cheeks. Saying anything along those lines - would that instigate Daeron? Cause him to attack? Would he attack her purely to get a rise out of Alkor?

Her eyes flicked back to match his; brows furrowing; his threat was immature. "Don't think I'd be an easy kill." She chastised. Leaning over to flick him in the forehead - "If I did die, I'd hope mine would be the most enjoyable death, least I'd have that goin' for me. But fine - won't mention his name Mr grumble pants."

Daeron gave her a glare that showed no kindness behind it. "I never said you'd be easy, but now that I really think about it. It would be rather quick to kill you." he said briefly. He didn't know why, but for some reason she was extremely cheerful today, and he didn't like it. "What makes you so happy today anyways?" he said, as he shook his head to the right to move the bangs out of his eyes.

Swaying to the right a bit now, he was able to see Mari once again. Pink... everywhere.... the color was so plentiful on her, that it almost hurt his eyes to look at her, but showing her no disrespect regarding her sense of fashion or style, he continued to hold eye contact with the pinkette. Daeron continued to think about how she said Alkor and her had kissed. Not something he needed to know, as that put her lower on his list of "friends" if that's what you even want to call some of them.

Mari gave Daeron a lip sided grin:

"I'm not arrogant- I know I probably won't survive a fight against you, but I don't think it would be quick. Your cockiness is extra arrogant today, Daeron~" she Added in a sing-song voice.

Mari wasn't too worried about his glare, he questioned her cheerfulness, almost snapping the question. Mari rolled her eyes into the sky- thinking.

"Mmm...to be honest... I'm not entirely sure... I can take a guess at a few reasons..." She mused.
Mari hadn't exactly realized what had gotten her in good spirits, "You think...." Mari began, her voice falling into a pensive tone. "That I would be more...dismayed ... I watched 3 kids die, some by my hand and yet..."

Mari sighed as she shut her eyes, giving her head a soft shake.

"Why do you care if I am happy or not? It didn't seem to bother you till just now."

Daeron rolled his eyes. "I don't care if you're happy, it's just too damn different seeing you actually smile." he said as he ran his hand through the grass, to try and calm himself, he inhaled and exhaled deeply, trying to relax his muscles so that all the tension goes away. "It's funny, when you were talking of how you took out some kids, it almost makes me want to kill someone that actually poses a challenge." Daeron had an idea, to perhaps spark her interest.

"Listen, do you know Keith Yudai? Well, of course you do, he's very renouned, but have you ever thought of killing him?" he said trying to persuade her. "I might get together a few people to take out the "Maverick Hunter" so that Daeron doesn't have to live in fear anymore of being hunted. "I will say this right now though, if we take out Keith, we should expect Kiru to join as well. But along with us two we could probably also get Alkor, as much I can't stand him and we can get Zel, my best friend to also fight with us. If we can pull this off, we'd be legends, and not just that, but you'd have that name of infamy that you've been wanting to steal from me. Then I'll retire myself as a Player Killer and you can have all the fame and glory." he said, offering her this plan to ignite a war in this world.

Whatever anger Daeron had toward her seemed to have dissipated, escaping the brown haired man's body in a single, simple sigh. As he stated that he didn't care about her happiness, just that it was odd to see, too different. In a sense, he was right. Mari was rarely in such a good mood, good moods like this; they were easy to break with her. One wrong word, one wrong motion and it'd all come crashing down. Daeron had yet to make that wrong move.

Daeron went on to say it was funny and that he wanted to kill someone who posed a challenge. Did he mean her? No...he had just finished stating that he would wipe the floor with her, and Mari had to somewhat agree. Her blue eyes broke from his, as she glanced away. Feeling guilty. "I didn't...exactly...take out some kids they were....mmm.."

There was no way she could talk herself out of that one, "what am I turning into..." She asked herself.

Mari looked back up at Daeron when he mentioned Keith. Mari honestly hadn't really heard of him. She knew Zelrius, she knew Kiru - she didn't know Keith. "Don't know him. So no, can't say I have thought of killing him. Maverick hunter huh..."

Mari bought her knees up under her chin. Turning her gaze to the field. "So what... He hunts and kills player killers?" She asked, thinking of Alkor. Alkor was strong and could hold his own, but she didn't know Keith- or how strong he was. If Daeron needed that many people to take him on, he would have to be a challenge.

"So you want us to take out Keith and Kiru? What did they do to deserve death? You know... Lessa wouldn't forgive that." Mari added as she turned to face him.

"I should probably say, Alkor wouldn't be too keen on the idea either..."

She gave a small smirk when he mentioned Zelrius, "Last I saw he was hanging with Lessa." She commented in an off handed manner. "You remind me of him actually. Besides..what makes you think I am after infamy? "

Mari laughed and shook her head. "Daeron dear, I'm not trying to steal anything from you. Your plan sounds... Err interesting, sounds like you want to start some sort of fire and watch it burn out of control." She shrugged, "I don't know what Keith has done to warrant me going after him. It's not like I kill for fun."

"Keith Yudai..." he began as he let his thoughts collect for a moment before continuing on "...was one of my closest friends, but the day I had killed someone, he had swore an oath to kill any player killers. As he is the strongest player in all of Aincrad, I've been on the run from him for a while now. Though he seemed to have disappeared, he has been making a comeback as far as I've been told." he said as he looked at her.

When she said she doesn't kill for fun, Daeron was confused. "If you don't do it for entertainment, why do you do it? You seem to do it so often that it seems like a daily thing for you, something that you do for a past time, not something you MUST do." he said as he gave her a questioned look.

As for the whole Alkor situation, he didn't really care to talk about it anymore. He had heard his name enough amount of times in this short session than he wanted to... to be exact he heard it once already, which at that point was far too much for him.

Mari chewed her lip as Daeron spoke about Keith. So the two used to be best friends? Mari knew the emotional trauma from loosing a friend, somewhat - Life had turned and walked out on her because he admitted he loved her - and didn't want to be around her when she was interested in someone else, that someone else being Alkor - the very man that Life had set Mari up with.

"Kill any Player Killers eh?" Mari asked, leaning back on her hands. "Guess that's sort of a decent enough reason....self defence and all..." Mari fell quiet when Daeron asked her why she did it. "I don't know..." She whispered. "Circumstance?" She asked, the question was more aimed at herself than him. "The first time...was when I had my own daughter thrown onto my blade- she didn't stand a chance....then I killed Argumail because he was attacking other players. There was Tom, who had a bounty on his head...and wanted to die; then Cinnamon attacked me, and fell off the edge, Sugar and Spice both attacked me and I ended up kiling them too..." Mari sighed, turning her eyes away from his. "I shouldn't have killed Sugar and Spice...I mean, they were so low levelled... I could have just kept walking away, but I didn't. It IS a daily thing, almost.

Mari looked up at Daeron, "Am I a bad person?"