(PP-F1) 'Old and Young' (Mari)

[its a sword not a axe]

Jacob stared at the amazing blue shards that were just floating around him. Utterly amazing they were. Mari then began to shake him... hard. She screamed his name then took his hand and threw the sword that he held. She had dropped her dagger. She asked him why as she shook him. She looked at him and said "Do you have any idea what you just did? What did I tell you, why didn't you listen." Jacob looked into Mari's eyes and clearly replied, I just did what you do all the time. I am closer to her now. He had to pay the price. She's dead isn't she Mari? Be honest." He looked straight into her eyes. If you looked very closely you could see tears in his eyes.

(you wrote axe in your previous post, so I assumed it was an axe.)

Mari felt hear heart grow heavy as the young boy told her that he simply was doing what she did, furthermore he said that she had done it all the time. Mari wasn't sure who this kid was, where he came from, or how he possibly knew anything like that about her. He didn't seem like the type to have a very well connected information network. "Jacob, that is not something I always do." She told him in a chastising tone, "And it is not something you should ever do again." 

Mari wasn't sure what he meant by him saying 'he was closer to her now' Did he mean that the act of killing someone bought him closer to his mother? Jacob then asked if his mother was dead, salty water brimmed at the corner of bright eyes. Mari gave a small sigh, using her thumb to brush away his tears. "I don't know. She might be, but it's a big world out there. She could be alive too." Mari pulled him in, to give him a hug. "We just have to look harder."

(Sorry didnt realize ;) )

Jacob looked at Mari who was explaining that she did not kill people really at all. She also told him he should never do it again. Jacob looked at her and relied to her, "He hurt my friend, my only friend so far..." Mari wiped his tears away with her thumb. She then said to him, "I don't know, she might be its a big world out there. She could be still alive..." Do you wanna go ice skating, now? Also, lets not try to get attacked again. Someone else might die...."

Jacob tried to reason that the man had hurt Mari. Mari gave Jacob a small smile as he called her his only friend. "I'm a tough girl Jacob. I'm one of the strongest people in Aincrad." She commented, it was true - she somehow managed to quickly rise the ranks. Sure there were others well above her level; but Mari was confident she would be able to hold her own against anything that came her way.

Mari stood, taking his hand in hers, as he proposed that they go ice skating. Mari didn't own any ice skates, "Do you own any ice skates?" She asked Jacob, there wouldn't be any rental places out here; if anything - you would have to grab them from town and Mari was unable to go there. Still if he wanted to Ice Skate she would easily be able to balance well enough on the ice to follow him around. "I cannot enter the closet lake to the town; that is a safe zone. However there is one that is a short walk ahead, outside the safe zone. I seriously doubt anyone will attack again."

Jacob listened to Mari as she told him where they would go. He nodded as he loooked forward to what lay ahead. He took a deep breath and blinked. The wind began to pick up a little. He mind seemed to be idle from the world. He tried to focus but he couldn't. He images of almost everything flashing through his head. First he seen his house. The way him his mother and his grandparents. He seen his favorite pig, Hog, eating his corn. He seen his mother kssing his head before they left to Sao. He then seen the floating man say they were trapped. He seen Mari drinking hot camamile  tea. He tried to focus again. He sat down in the snow and took a deep breath and the wind blew the white snow out of his hair. He took a deep breath and began to meditate.

The thoughts vanished and he could think again. His mind was less idle and he felt better. He opened his eyes and stood up. He looked at Mari and said, "What skills do you have?"

Jacob fell silent; his wide eyes seemed to glaze over ; as though he was recalling past memories; or thinking about his current predicament. Mari couldn't blame him, he was far too young to have taken a life. Mari was somewhat hypocritical; she felt no one should so easily take a life - despite taking numerous ones herself. Jacob seemed to ignore her completely, instead choosing to sit in the plush snow of the field, Mari absent mindedly opened up her inventory; pulling out a dark brown blanket to drape over his shoulders. 

Mari stood over him; ensuring he was safe- allowing him to do what he need to do. She crossed her arms, blue eyes scanning the surrounding fields - they were safe. Narry a person in sight, Mari blinked as he asked her what her skills were. So he didn't hear any of her previous questions it seemed.

"Eh? I've Grandmastered My weapon and armour; night vision; a few others - why ask?" She asked, perplexed

OOC I totally forgot why my character asked you that :D

Jacob waited a minute as Mari answered, "I have grandmastered some skills, why?" Jacob felt the wind pick up a little more. Jacob looked at the sun which was half way down. Its just that I have a few skills but I have no where neared grandmastering them." Jacob grabbed his blade off of his back and looked around him. He seen a tree and he attacked it. He arced his blade over and his it stuck into the tree. He climbed on it and grabbed the nearest beach. He put his sword in his inventory so it disappeared out of the tree. He could see the small lake. Jacob jumped down and landed in soft snow. Then Jacob asked the most random question. "When is your birthday?"

(I want to wrap up this RP at some point soon so I can finish up my older RPs)

Mari gave him a small nod, as he got up; completely ignoring the blanket that she had draped over him. Mari bent down and picked it up with a heavy sigh; placing it back into her inventory. Kids...never stop, and never pay attention to what was around them. "You'll get there, everyone starts somewhere - and a lot of people have no skills at all." Mari pointed toward the town. "Many people don't even leave the towns. You should consider yourself brave, you're able to do both those things." 

Mari gave another sigh as he ran off to a nearby tree; she wasn't sure if he was listening to her - or even paying attention to her words. She was growing tired; and wasn't sure if he felt the same. Just a second ago he seemed worried that he had killed someone, now - it was as though he had completely forgotten about it. Or, more than likely, he was too young to understand the ramifications of the action. If he had been anyone else she would have struck them down.

Mari watched as Jacob struck his blade into the tree, using it as a stepping stone to reach the next branch so he could essentially climb the tree, although he didn't stay long - jumping straight back down he asked Mari when her birthday was. She gave a small frown. "It's in April." She wasn't going to tell him the date; "You seem like you're full of energy." 

OOC ok

Jacob looked at the time with the sun and the sun was just hitting the horizon. The sun set and everything was dark. Jacob began to hear new sounds of the monsters that came out at night. Jacob equipped his blade and said, "I need to go find a tree." Jacob looked at Mari and said, "Goodbye." He left Mari in the darkness. Jacob looked back but he could not see her. He walked to the border of town and thought of Mari. She couldn't go in here like he could. He closed his eyes, opened them and walked into town. He stuck his sword in a tall tree and began to climb. He was at a good spot, the snow blanketed his spot and he drifted to sleep.

(oops I didn't mean that quickly. Oh well)

The sun was quickly setting and Mari was somewhat concerned for Jacob's safety. "Hey, it's getting late - why not come down and I'll walk you to-" Mari paused, it seemed that he had already had that in mind he jumped down from that tree; before stating that he needed to find another tree. Mari sighed. She was begining to get frustrated with him. She wondered if his mother ever taught him manners; or discipline.

He turned to her, offering Mari a goodbye before running toward town, Mari slowly followed; till he hit the safe zone. She was left standing alone in the cold night; she gave a small shrug. "Night Kid." before turning on her heel; heading back into the wilderness.