Quests and Quest Related

I'd like give some of my personal opinions and ideas of the quest system at the moment. These are just opinions and suggestions.

1. More Quests? I think we could do with a lot more quests especially considering the ease of difficulty for all/most of them. Which brings me to point 2.

2. Difficulty. This is more of a focus on OOC difficulty. A lot of the monsters can be killed in half a page especially with the new dice system and rules. So to still require 2 pages for say a solo quest is a little silly imo. Especially since this will lead to more potential problems with just post spam from lack of interest. If you can complete a quest solo in 1/4 of the time perhaps its time to add more quests and/or add new requirements. What I mean by this is such things like "Solo: 1 page minimum" "Party: 2 page minimum" just to give a example. If more quests are added you could also change the rewards slightly for each as well depending on the quest difficulty.

3. Custom quests. I know of a few sites that do this so this is the main reason I bring it up. Have a section to app custom quests complete with a template. A staff member checks the quest to make sure the difficulty and rewards for completion match as well as the requirements. They then allow that person and only that person you apped that quest to go and do it and those who are also mentioned undertaking the quest. Upon completion of the quest they state the result in the same app and it is reviewed and locked and rewards are given. This allows to keep a constant fresh feeling for the quests to insure that people don't just grind the same quests out of necessity but still can grind the pre-made ones if they choose to, not because they feel like they have to.

Anyways that was just a couple of ideas and talking points to discuss. Though if you decide to with point 3 you would also need a separate staff member or assign a current one to keeping it updated. 

As an individual that has migrated from an RP forums that used player made quests, it is a brilliant implementation IF and only if it has a standard of moderation. My suggestion for quests, considering how all of them are easy and there really needs to be a better spread of difficulty (come on, I've beat the Queen Bee as a solo Level 3 with a +1 pointy stick and no weapon skill, just gotta post it online). It is as follows:

1. Players should be able to create quests and post them up on a "Quest Ideas" thread or subforums. These player made quests are pending and can not be taken, but it is up to the staff to discuss the priority, rewards, and officializing them.

2. Players have to describe the following, filling out a copy and paste template. QUEST NAME, obviously. DIFFICULTY, spread out between newbie (beginner), pro (intermediate), and alpha tester (hard). Of course, the names of each difficulty are up for discussion. REQUIREMENTS, which includes, but is not limited to; number of pages, numbers of players (SP/PP), level requirements (for more difficult quests), and more. DETAILS, in regards to the quest itself.

3. Players can vote on certain quests using the post voting system already in place, which will attract more attention to the quest suggestion from the staff if they haven't seen it or haven't decided upon the verdict. However, it is to be stated that player voting has no effect on the staff's final decision.

I would really enjoy seeing a variety of new quests and, without a doubt, believe that a player based solution would be a great approach to it. With moderation and more community activities such as this, it'd be an overall improvement to the site and experience as a whole.

- Him