PP - F2: "To Bury the Past"

The second floor had become Mari's home almost. She had always frequented a cave amdist the forest. Away from the starter town and safe zones. And it was here, where she was now. It was the early hours of the morning,, the sun had barely risen - Mari awoke with a groan and a yawn. She was not a morning person even at the best of times. Now, she slept on the cold hard cave floor, and even when she did manage to drift off into unconsciousness - nightmares would drive her awake. 

Mari got up, brushed herself off and stood over the dying embers, which were once a warm roaring fire. Mari had gotten used to living in the wilds as a PKer. She wondered how the others managed. Alkor - who similar to her, had found a home on the 9th floor, admist the volcanic caverns....Daeron, Zelrius, Keith ....and whoever else. Lately Mari hadn't exactly ran into many Pkers. At least not any new faces. That was a relief.

Mari stepped out of the cave; and into the forest. She followed a stream. There she unequipped most her armour and clothes - till she was in her modest, plain undergarments. Her two daggers sat wedged in the hem of her black underwear. Should the need arise she would be able to still choose from one of them to attack. 

Mari gave a slight shiver as she stepped into the stream to wash off the grime from previous days.

The sound of rushing water was in the air, as a figure was within the stream that was coming off the mountainous rock-face, upon a flat rock that sat in the center of a watering hole, as above the falls letting the powerful stream of water fall from the heavens, the man wore a traditional martial arts Gi. A pair of black gloves with arm bandages, a dark red Gi with a red sash, reinforced black trousers, and a pair of ankle and feet bandages, his body completely still and his legs in the Lotus position, his hands laid flat in his lap, palms towards the sky, and his eyes closed shut. His skin was dark in contrast, reddish clay like due to his Cherokee Native American heritage, and his hair now wet as a dog laid flat in his face, as the tattoos on his face were visible through the clear clean water, red in contrast they were yet clearly visible on his skin. 

His Gi off his shoulders.and behind him, showed off more tattoos on his body black as night these ones where as they resembled more Indian, Buddhist, or Hindu shapes as his body was muscular and made like it was sculpted from marble a dark red marble, though his body was relaxed each breathe he took was able to flex the muscle in his chest and stomach making his six pack bulge and concave back in, a pendant around his neck silver and shiny it was held by a silver chain was shining from the sunlight peaking through the tree's. As a few animals around him paid no mind to him, dear walked up and drank from the watering hole, and birds landed on his shoulders chirping in happiness, as a breathe of cooling air broke through his lips and he snapped his neck, to relief the stress and he returned to his meditation, not knowing about his surroundings.

-Asura Outfit-

06a8ebbf27b36a1bb6dd6ff8daf6d6e3-d4vw9a3

Mari sighed, the water was cool - and pleasant She ducked her head under and came back up, pushing the wet strands of pink hair out of her eyes. She glanced around to ensure no one was around still, and if they were - that they would pose no real threat to her. Mari wasn't shy, she wasn't bothered by what she was wearing. Or lack thereof. To her, it was as though she was just wearing a swimsuit made of material. Mari, now feeling as though she had successfully cleaned herself heaved herself onto a flat rock, protruding from the riverside. The sun, which had now risen had warmed the rock and it was a welcome touch to her still wet skin. Mari sat on the rock, one leg bent and the other straight out in front of her as she watched the stream before her. A few fish jumped up.

"Shame..." Mari muttered, knowing that fishing was not available yet. Fish just so happened to be one of her favourite dishes. So close yet so far. 

It was a quiet day, a day that Mari so sorely needed. She was sick of people asking if she was ok, wanting to talk about her daughters death, and her actions within the game. No one seemed to be able to leave well enough alone.  

As the wind came in and the water rushing past his ears, Asura heard a muffled sound and opened on eye up and saw a woman a few feet away from him, all he could see was a head and pair of shoulders, as he saw a fish jumping up. He sighed and stood up letting the water hit his shoulders and going down his back as he took and stance, the horse stance to be exact and as he did so the birds and dear around him scattered making the brushle of the bushes move and he went back to closing his eyes and letting the water hit his body. As the water began hitting his body his mind began to settle down and he began chanting the Heart Sutra in Japanese.

"KAN JI ZAI BO SA GYO JIN HAN-NYA HA RA MI TA JI 
SHO KEN GO ON KAI KU DO IS-SAI KU YAKU 
SHA RI SHI SHIKI FU I KU KU FU I SHIKI 
SHIKI SOKU ZE KU KU SOKU ZE SHIKI 
JU SO GYO SHIKI YAKU BU NYO ZE 
SHA RI SHI ZE SHO HO KU SO FU SHO FU METSU 
FU KU FUJO FU ZO FU GEN 
ZE KO KU CHU MU SHIKI MU JU SO GYO SHIKI 
MU GEN-NI BI ZES-SHIN I 
MU SHIKI SHO KO MI SOKU HO 
MU GEN KAI NAI SHI MU I SHIKI KAI 
MU MU MYO YAKU MU MU MYO JIN NAI SHI 
MU RO SHI YAKU MU RO SHI JIN 
MU KU SHU METSU DO 
MU CHI YAKU MU TOKU I MU SHO TOK'-KO 
BO DAI SAT-TA E HAN-NYA HA RA MI TA KO 
SHIM-MU KEI GE MU KEI GE KO MU U KU FU 
ON RI IS-SAI TEN DO MU SO KU GYO NE HAN 
SAN ZE SHO BUTSU E HAN-NYA HA RA MI TA KO 
TOKU A NOKU TA RA SAM-MYAKU SAM-BO DAI 
KO CHI HAN-NYA HA RA MI TA 
ZE DAI JIN SHU ZE DAI MYO SHU 
ZE MU JO SHU ZE MU TO TO SHU 
NO JO IS-SAI KU SHIN JITSU FU KO 
KO SETSU HAN-NYA HA RA MI TA SHU 
SOKU SETSU SHU WATSU 
GYA TEI GYA TEI HA RA GYA TEI HARA SO GYA TEI 
BO JI SOWA KA HAN-NYA SHIN GYO."

With his words filling the air, the words he spoke were clear and fluent, as his voice was deep rustic and rugged, mature and masculine like, all showing his age through it. Though his face would show his age, the colour of his skin now shining and smooth from the water, he moved his body around from the Horse stance and was now doing to Taichi, his legs spread out and he doing the Rise and Breathe position, and went onward with the rest if his moves. Asura doing everything perfectly and water motion like, his body moving so smoothly and easily, he never once hesitated and stopped he just did everything needed to clean his mind body and soul in this place.

-10 Tai Chi Movements-

-The Great Prajna Paramita Heart Sutra-

Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva, practising deep Prajna Paramita, 
clearly saw that all five skandhas are empty, 
transforming all suffering and distress. 
Shariputra, form is no other than emptiness, 
emptiness no other than form; 
form is exactly emptiness, emptiness exactly form; 
sensation, perception, mental reaction, consciousness are also like this. 
Shariputra, all things are essentially empty - 
not born, not destroyed; not stained, not pure; without loss, without gain. 
Therefore in emptiness there is no form, no sensation, perception, mental reaction, consciousness; 
no eye, ear, nose, tongue, body, mind, 
no colour, sound, smell, taste, touch, object of thought; 
no seeing and so on to no thinking; 
no ignorance and also no ending of ignorance, 
and so on to no old age and death 
and also no ending of old age and death; 
no suffering, cause of suffering, cessation, path; 
no wisdom and no attainment. Since there is nothing to attain, 
the Bodhisattva lives by Prajna Paramita, 
with no hindrance in the mind; no hindrance and therefore no fear; 
far beyond delusive thinking right here is Nirvana. 
All Buddhas of past, present, and future live by Prajna Paramita, 
attaining Anuttara-samyak-sambodhi. 
Therefore know that Prajna Paramita is 
the great mantra, the vivid mantra, 
the unsurpassed mantra, the supreme mantra, 
which completely removes all suffering. 
This is truth, not mere formality. 
Therefore set forth the Prajna Paramita mantra, 
set forth this mantra and proclaim: 
Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate 

Bodhi Svaha!

Mari winced, and groaned when she suddenly heard a gruff tone start shouting words. 'Ugh...seriously..." She mumbled under her breath as she stood on the rock, it was a good vantage point as the woman was normally short. Standing here, rather than the ground or water gave her a higher birth of sight. Her cerulean eyes stopped on a tall, muscular man who was doing some form of Tai Chi not too far from her. "Rude prick..." Mari muttered as she picked up a rock. 

The pink haired woman pushed herself off the rock and followed the riverbank to where he stood, she then threw the rock at him with as much force as she could meister as she shouted over his chant.

"Oi! you stupid d**khead! Keep your damn voice down. There are other people here. Damn, half the forest can probably hear you." She muttered, her peaceful mood ruined by his shouting. 

As Asura heard a woman's voice probably the one he saw before hand, when he went to open his eyes he saw a rock flying at him and he bent backwards and let the rock fly over him and he pushed off the ground and did a reversed backflip and landed behind the water. His figure like shape reflected behind the water, he walked out and stood there as the water hit his shoulders and he looked at her with his blood red eyes. He took another step forward and was now on the rock he stood at before and looked her down, "Why would you care about me, you could have ignored me and moved along, I don' see the point in bickering over this miss." He said to her and pulled the Gi that laid around his waist and placed it over his shoulders and he slipped his hands through the sleeve holes, and sighed. "Sorry if I disturbed you, wont happen again." He said as the same birds from before came down and landed on his shoulders and he looked at it, "Oh hello there little one, you seem to have returned."

He said as he placed his finger down and it hoped onto his and he held it on his index finger, all this time his rage inside nearly bursted forth at the woman but as it stood he was far too relaxed to let it come out. With his hand flying up he sent the little Blue Jay flying away and he chuckled, "To bad I can't fly with you little one, take flight and find yourself a new place in this world." He said as his eyes shifted back to the woman, "I am going to back to my Meditation, if you want to join, be my guest." He said as he sat back down and this time scooted away from the falls and sat at the edge of his sitting rock and reverted his sitting position to the Lotus position again. His white hair now standing up as he sweaped his hand through his hair and returned to his previous position, hands in lap and palms towards the sky and his breathing returning to the steady paced tone as before.

Mari didn't care if the rock hit him or not. It served it's purpose in shutting him up. Mari was already profusely annoyed at the stranger. First, he was shouting at the top of his voice - then he started with the meaningless acrobatics. "Tch. Why?" Mari asked. "are you deaf? Anyone and thing would hear you in a 5 mile radius, bit hard to ignore that ruckus." Mari gave a small smirk as she crossed her arms over her near-bare torso. "Bellows like that may just attract Player Killers." Mari was amused at the irony that those words, are just what had happened. If the man wasn't screaming, she would have ignored him - she would have noticed him then paid him no mind, nor given him the time of day.

Mari shook her head as he offered for her to meditate. "Not for me." She said in an annoyed tone. The man seemed to care  more for the birds and the bees than other people. Not that she could blame him for that, she held her tongue as he mentioned flying. Refraining from telling him he could try jumping off the edge. 

Mari turned to walk away from him. Equipping her casual clothes once more; a simple pink skirt and white angora fur knit jumper. She didn't need to deal with him. She sighed as she also pulled a white lilly out of her inventory, absently twirling it in her hands as she left the rivers edge and the waterfall to head back into the forest. 

The trek wasn't very far. It was only a few minute walk before she came to the site that she was all too familiar with. A clearing, that seemed so quiet, so innocent. Yet, it was the place she had struck down her own daughter. Mari stared down at a mound of dirt at the foot of a tree. Two small twigs had been fashioned into a cross and had stuck up and out of it. "This will be the last time I come here." Mari muttered under her breath. 

With the woman gone, and how she acted around him, he sighed and got up after about 25 minutes and opened his eyes, looking at the sun, "Well she was somthing else, Lilium I will come back to you sweetheart daddy will." He said to himself and began walking away when he found a white Lily on the river side and a frown came across his as well as a single tear till placed it on the rock slab where he was at and began walking away. Till he found the open field after trekking the wooded area, seeing the woman once more and leaving her be, he found the town again and entered it and staying at the entrance of the safe zone looking at the field and sitting on a post as he sighed. "Well this day went from good to I am not even sure what to call it now, but I don't care anymore." He said staying at the pole not wanting to enter the town or see the people he just wanted to sit there where he was at and enjoy the breeze that was being given and watch the clouds roll by. 

Mari stared at where the mound of dirt was, she knelt down beside it and ran a hand over its surface. This place.

This place was where her daughter died. Unwillingly by her own hand. The life of a tiny, innocent 4 year old child. A child who should never have been in the game. A child who was no doubt placed there by a careless father who wanted to get rid of her for a few short hours. A philandering, womanising man who cheated a judiciary system to win custody. To ensure that Mari would never be able to see such sweet, innocent blue eyes again. Yet, as fate would have it. Mari did see her daughter again. She watched as light faded from her eyes, as the child sobbed in her arms.

Oh, how fate was a cruel mistress.

Mari gave a frustrated cry as she balled her hand up into a fist and punched the mound of dirt, the makeshift crucifix crumbled beneath her strike. Mari stood and kicked  the mound of dirt till it was gone. If she were able, she would probably have set fire to the clearing, but she wasn't. Magic wasn't an ability within Aincrad. For all she knew, the forest could regenerate. Mari had managed to make a mess of the clearing. and of herself. So much for cleaning herself earlier.

"Goodbye Evelyn." Mari muttered darkly under her breath. Vowing to never visit the clearing again as she shifted her attention toward the cave within the forest that she had come to call home.

Asura finally took one good long look at the field and turned his back on it, and going into the town as he had enough for the day he witnessed and entered the town, the steampunk buildings all alluring. And finally seeing all the players looking at him and backing away, they had frightened looks on their faces, this is what he didn't want, and like that he turned back around and went into the field, "Tch just because my skin is darker they flee from me, there afraid of something they don't understand pathetic." He said spitting at the ground and seeing a few players following him, he roared at them. "YOU FOLLOWING ME, GET LOST!!" He yelled at them, and seeing them run from him, his teeth flashing at them, he quickly simmered down and began walking away from the place, seeing many players watch him from the towns gate, he hated this, this being treated like a outcast here. He made his way back to his little rock face and seeing something in the distance, a small pile of dirt, with some cross toppled over.

He quickly picked it up and fixed it, looking over at the Lily he placed on his rock face and grabbing it. bringing it over to the little tomb and said a prayer. And then got up and returned to his rock face and sat down at it, and began meditating under the falls of the water, as he stayed there, not animals or Mobs came near the falls that day as the time Asura spent passed by til it was late afternoon and he just opened his eyes to the same peaceful area he was at before, he now got up and walked back towards the cross and did a small prayer before he walked past it and went into the mid section of the forest and found a rather large rock and sat on it, looking out to the field watching the wildlife scurry about, he wished he could fight but he had no skill to use his hands. And using a weapon was something he would rather not use at this point even though he had a Battle axe, he wished he never obtained it, with that he went back into his Lotus postion and watched the sun stay about 3ish in the sky and he let the warm rays hit his skin.

The cave where she used to reside was Mari's next stop. It wasn't far from the clearing. It was close to the river; it was - ideal...

Mari stood before it, a small frown plastered across her lips. She had some sort of attachment to the area; she had warm memories of Alkor comforting her here; and it was where she spent most her nights. It'd be some time till she found another suitable location. But that, that was the whole point of today. Mari climbed her way to the top of the cave entrance and started driving her dagger between the cracks of the boulders. It was gruelling work and had taken her a few hours but finally, the rocks began to crumble and dislodge. With a loud crash they fell forward. Destroying the entrance to the cave. Mari was worn out, but she couldn't rest here. Mari wiped the sweat from her brow. 

"And that is that." She said to herself, Mari had been haphazard lately; She had been self destructive and far easier to anger lately. She would have completely lost herself if it weren't for Alkor - and even then - he seemed to have disappeared just as quickly as he appeared. She had passed the clearing again and noticed that what she had destroyed had been....fixed?

"What the f**k?" She exclaimed, fuming that someone had touched it. She picked up the Lilly and tore it apart in her hands. IT meant a number of things, peace, purity...innocence... things that Mari no longer could associate herself with. Mari kicked over the grave again, mumbling obscenities to herself.

Asura had finally had his fun watching the wildlife and hoped down from his little perch and when he landed he heard a few gasp near him and saw a few players looking at him and he glared at them. "Get out of here, I don't have the patience with you two right now." He said to the boy and girl who the boy seemed to draw his weapon at Asura, "Your threatening me, I don't think you want me mad, now scram." He said as the male player spoke, *Your skin, what are you, a freak?* Asura sighed and turned his back to the player ignoring him and walked along the field as the male player began spouting nonsense, *Yeah run like the coward you are, freak, monster.* Asura finally had enough as he heard the female player tell her friend to leave him be and she was smart, Asura didn't want to fight but this male player was agitating him, and thats when he opened his locket and looked at the little photo of his daughter and wife and left the player alone. Even if he was yelling at Asura that he was a freak of nature and nothing more due to his skin, with that the female player pushed her friend aside and ran to the town leaving him to himself as the boy chuckled as he was full of himself for so called scaring Asura off, he himself saw the female player ran past him and stop him. 

*Look, I'm sorry about him, he's just... I'm sorry.* He told him and ran into town leaving her friend to his little ramble while Asura looked at the player and sighed and remembered hearing a crash in the forest and he walked past the player. As he began spouting nonsense and crap about his skin colour and such, Asura ignored him, as the player began following him yelling at him and such till he turned around, "If you keep yelling a player killer will come and find you." He said using some wise words another person said to him, the person who was oranger herself yet that didn't stop Asura from talking to her and then he finally found it a collapsed cave entrance. Asura began moving the rocks around trying to see if someone was behind them, as this wasn't a natural formation and the male player taunting Asura, *Ohh lookie the freaks a monkey now, oohhh oohh aahh ahhh!* He trolled Asuras he turned to him and sighed, "Unless your going to stand there and talk then get lost, this isn't normal rocks formation this is a rock slide, I seen many of them in my Marine days." He said as he pushed the player back and saw him draw his sword again, "Your going to attack be warned you won't like me when I am angry." He said holding a rock in his hand and placing it on the ground hovering his hand over his inventory as he didn't want to use his Great Axe but this player was asking for it, and Asura was willing to use it if given no other choice. An as it stood he had no other one.

Mari had just finished completely flattening the area where the grave used to be and was heading back passed her collapsed cave when a male player had called out to her, he was young - couldn't be any older than 16-17; and he had long black hair tied up in a ponytail. He had two long bangs that framed his angular face. "Yo, sweetcheeks check out the monkey" 

"Eh?" 

Mari asked, dusting her hands off. She didn't appreciate being called as such and was most definitely not in the mood for it. She didn't give him much of a warning. Why should she? She just gave shot him a glare, but the kid laughed it off. Approaching her as he flicked his hair out of his face. "Look at that dark skinned atrocity right over there?"

Mari didn't answer him, she had bent down to pick up the twigs to snap them into tiny pieces, venting her frustration on that. "Hey...I'm talking to you girlie." Again, Mari ignored him. His words were sexist and racist. "Whassa matter? Cat got your tongue hot stuff?"

Mari sighed heavily, "What? What do you want?"

"That's better!" The boy said as he leaned on the tree beside her,"The names Toshi. Now, how about a smile form those petite pretty lips o' yours?"

Mari clenched her fists, speaking in a strained voice. "You're telling me that you're calling him a freak, purely cause he has a different coloured skin?" Mari asked. She knew who the kid was talking about. It was the man who was screaming out in Japanese earlier, she wasn't fond of him. But she disliked racism more. "You know I'm a Pker right?" She asked, pointing up to her orange cursor. The boys cocky grin dropped as he took a step back away from Mari.

"Wait...pink hair? Orange cursor? Yer Mari right?"

Mari grinned, taking a single step forward whenever he took one back. "So you know what it is I do right? You know not to piss me off? Guess what, your arrogant, racist and sexist remarks have done just that. you got 10 seconds to get the f**k out of here before I draw my weapon. One...."

The Kid ran off, as he ran he swore that he would be back. She didn't even get to 5. Mari sighed, running a dirtied hand through tousled hair. She wouldn't have actually done anything, but sometimes being a PKer, who was somewhat well known had it's perks. She turned her gaze to the white haired man. "I wasn't going to do anything." She clarified. "Unless he drew his weapon first."

Asura watched as the kid ran off and he sighed, "Thanks, little prick was following me all the way here, I heard a crash and I came to look around this rock is normal it fell from above." "I think someone maybe inside I'm not sure I can't hear anything." He said as he cleared away the rocks some more but was left with a huge one in his way, "Confounded boulder, if only  I have that Martial Arts skill, I could clear this away faster." He said as he punched the rock and sighed, looking for a way to get this rock away and he looked at the female, "What brings you back here, I'm sure you have more important things than hanging around here, unless around here is your business but I digress it's none of mine, and I am sure enough you aren't going to tell me." "I'm smart enough to know that." He said as he saw a opening and grabbed it with his hands and began pulling it and before long Asura had finally rolled to boulder out of the way, as he stepped back and looked inside, "There's no one here, guess someone was.... oh duh this is your place." He said as he backed away from it and looked at the player before him,

"Well I got your door open I think, guess my work here is done." He said as he was about to walk when he saw the same player watching the from a distance and he sighed, as he picked up a rock and locked onto the player, seeing him a good 65 feet away and he threw it towards him and a few seconds later a yell of pain came into the air. "Bulls eye, you little brat, teach you to mess with your elder." He said as he sat down and yawned, "He will be back, kids these days don't know when to quit" He said and spoke again, "The names Asura, from what I heard you say your names Mari from that punk named... what was it I can't remember after he killed all my brain cells that dealt with memories." Asura said as he joked about and then looked at Mari, at least that was her name from what he heard.

Mari shrugged at his thanks, "Kid was sh***ing me off. The hell does it matter what someone looks like?" Mari went to say something about the rocks, but she wasn't exactly able to get a word in - and then there was a distraction from further away. He was right, it was absolutely none of his business, so why bother? He could rifle through the mess for all she cared.  "Your business; would be putting those damn rocks back." Mari said, crossing her arms. "I dislodged them and got them to fall for good reason. I take it you're the idiot who also messed with a makeshift grave? Didn't anyone tell you not to mess with things that don't belong to you?"  

Asura looked at her and sighed, "Yes I am the one who fixed it, I gave the grave a prayer to." "It's a shame whoever lays there, this world is too cruel, and all life is precious, but some not so much, whoever was that grave was for shouldn't have to have to their resting place disturbed, and if you want me to return the rocks to the place it was I will do so." He said as he got back up and began rolling it back as he could tell she didn't want him messing around with this place anymore, and after he was done he looked at Mari and spoke, "There done, now if you would excuse me I should be going, as I can tell you don't want me around, and I won't take up anymore of your time then."

He said to her and began walking away, not caring what she was going to say, as Asura did what she asked and returned the rocks tho their places, he did as she asked and now his time was needed elsewhere. As then he saw in the distance the same player running away from this area as Asura sighed and then went to his rock face to meditate, this little spot was the only place he found to give a nice relaxing feel, and having a waterfall that was close to town, and yet not so close to it. When he got their he went into his Lotus stance and began meditating, he didn't care anymore about Mari, if she was acting that way he wasn't going to stay around her if she didn't want him to so he left her be, and did his own thing. 

"That grave." Mari began bitterly. "Belongs to my daughter, I destroyed it not to disturb her resting place - but to allow myself to move on from what has happened. That there? That is nothing more than a symbol of not being able to let go. She's gone. She's free from this mess. Her memory won't be tainted because a virtual marker is gone." 

Mari watched as he positioned the rocks back to where they fell, she begrudgingly offered him a 'Thank You' a are thing for Mari. He started to walk away. If he wanted to be that way so be it. The two were hot-headed and crude toward each other. It was an unpleasant meeting that may have been able to be rectified if the situation were different or if one of them were willing to listen to the other.

But Mari, she had experienced too much death, she had been betrayed, broken, hurled around - and such pleasantries would not come easy to her.

Asura now sitting at the flat rock face he was at before, hearing what Mari said as he left, he sighed, "Heavenly father I have Sinned, please allow my cursed heart to be saved and to be pure, I never wanted this to happen I..." He was interrupted by the same player as he had a new weapon with him and Asura yelled at the kid, so loud that even Mari could her him, "YOU!" "I Thought I told you to scram kid!" He said as the boy went towards him, with his weapon drawn, and like that Asura took his Great Axe out, not caring one so bit that this player had a fancier weapon than him, ass Asura took the first swing at him.

Battle Result- With Asura now using a bulky weapon, one that he didn't want to ever use, he swung at the player. the large two sided axe cleaved across the players chest and sent him flying towards the direction that Mari was at. And he followed this player who rudely interrupted his rest and now trekked through the woods, "I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME BE!!" He yelled as his voice boomed through the forest, and finally the boy landed a few few away from the location Mari was at before, near the Cave, and Asura axe being dragged behind him making clanking metal sounds. The boy haughtily laughed at him, *Your soo weak mister monkey, that didn't even hurt me!* *I told you I would be bck, and with y new +2 Damage sword you'll be sorry you messed with me!*  He arrogantly spoke, being a cocky little punk who couldn't do anything as his time was almost up.

-Party

Asura: 9/9 HP

-Foe

Toshi: 11/13 HP

-Roll Counter

CD: 9 [Critical Roll]

Mob: 5 [Player Miss]

-Battle Result

Unknown player takes 2 points of damage

Asura takes none

Mari sighed heavily, running a hand through her brightly coloured hair. Her lips pursed into a small frown as she watched the man leave. Why did he bother her so much? All in all the man was simply attempting  to be nice. Was it that gentle and gracious attitude that bothered her so? Why? Why did she feel so flustered at the mere notion of kindness?

Just what sort of sordid person was she becoming. "Perhaps it is a good thing I am moving on from this floor..." Mari muttered.

She had gone to turn away; but noted that she heard a mighty roar; Mari chose to equip her usual dagger - which had a possible chance to freeze or 'paralyse' her opponent. She headed toward the shout and noted that the man, and Toshi - stubborn arrogant Toshi were in a battle. It wasn't a mandated duel - this was an attack - one of them would not be walking away today. 

Death seemed to stalk Mari, in unknown and unexpected forms - and just as she thought she could lay her blade to rest she found that it'd be dripping in the proverbial blood of another lost soul - innocence lost in a maddening, twisted virtual world.

"He can't hurt you - but I can." Mari said, Toshi turned around - the look on his face said it all. Absolute fear. He backtracked, his arrogant farce dissipating into a cowardly plea of his life. One that Mari, really should listen to. He was a child, nothing more than a child. And it made what Mari was about to do, all the more worse. 

"S-Shut! I will attack you too!" He screamed, as he lunged at her. His hit, did indeed land a strike - but her damage mitigation - and the thorns that her armour held - had damaged him, more than he had hurt her, the thorns on her armour had taken two HP from his health. Toshi gulped, jumping back. Realizing the error in his action. Mari stalked forward. Raising her dagger high above her head. Not saying a word.

"P-please! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I won't...I won't oh god..oh god oh god...please!" Mari didn't reply, she just continued to walk forward with each scuffle backward that Toshi made. Finally, Toshi hit the rubble, the pile of rocks that was once Mari's home. He had nowhere to run. Movement caused Mari's eyes to flick to the side. The white haired man was approaching. Toshi noticed too, he turned to Asura, tears in his eyes. "Please man! I'm sorry. I'm sorry please don't let her kill me! I want to live I wa-"

His voice was cut short, and his eyes widened in shock, tears trailing down his face as he made a series of choking noises. Mari had struck, her dagger landing hard into his shoulder blade. The last trickle of his health depleted to zero, and he gave a feeble cry before he shattered before Asura and Mari's eyes.

Mari wordlessly placed her dagger back into her inventory.

Again, she had killed again.

Oh how debased she was. Mari didn't show any signs of remorse, no sorrow nor pain. Her silence was eerie, and if she were to be honest with herself. She was afraid. She was almost terrified of her lack of emotion - reaction to the death of another by her blade. Had she become that desensitized to it?

Battle Dice: 8
Mob Dice (Toshi) : 8
SUCCESS! 
Damage: 9

Toshi: 0/11 DEAD
Asura: 9/9
Mari: 61/61

-Battle Result

Unknown player takes 2 points of damage

Asura takes none

With the boy shattering into a million blue pixels, Asura just turned his head and tossed his axe away into the forest where he wouldn't have to get it back. "Another child dead, just like Cambodia all over again." He said to himself and sat down and looked at the woman named Mari, "..." He didn't say to her, he just averted his eyes away and sat there, his elbows planted on his knees as he stared at the ground. His PTSD was about to kicked in, till he grabbed his pendant. And clicked it open, seeing his wife and daughters names made his body stop from shaking and he quickly calmed down, a few tears falling from his eyes, as he closed the pendant and then wiped them away and stood up, when he did so, he just leaned back against the tree and sighed.

"I told him to leave me alone, and still he followed me here, that hit was meant to be a warning strike, I guess he was too stubborn to know when to give up, and he got himself killed, that stupid idiot." He said as he looked at Mari once again, "I hate that he had to die for his own ignorance and idiocy, but I can't say thank you as I can't find anyway to find this thankful, all I can say is I appreciate your help miss." He said to Mari and then leaned his head against the tree and tried to relax a bit before he moved on then he spoke once more, "If you didn't like me that much, why'd you come and help me, you could have just left him to kill me off." Asura said as he kept his eyes closed as he asked her the question that was bugging him the most.