[F11 - Master Tailor] The Lion's Den (Open)

Lycan smiled at her greeting but almost immediately turned it upside down when a white lion approached him. The youth took a step back to find himself against the wall with a beast looking directly at him. Lion to Player, Lycan's eyes grew wide.

"The Forth Floor has monsters in town?!"

The lion stopped right in front of him and held out a paw to which Lycan cringed. A moment passed. He opened his eyes, curious as to why he didn't feel the pain from the blow. Or... was he already dead?

HP: 4/4

"Huh?" he mumbled as he opened his eyes. He jumped a bit when he found the lion patiently waiting with it's paw out.

"Uhh... Nice kitty?" Lycan commented, hesitantly taking the beast's paw in his own with a gentle shake.

"Wait, I read about this. Are you a beast tamer?" Lycan asked the shop keep, Ariel. "Oh, and I guess I'm still level one. I'm trying to get as much information as I can before venturing into the fields. I kinda... didn't read the manual when I jacked in. Didn't realize how big a mistake I was until, well, you know."

The lioness's whiskers flared as it shut its eyes with a soft, but rolling purr. It made Lycan smile. Meanwhile, the lioness snapped her attention to the ferret Lycan hadn't quite noticed yet. Almost instinctively, it licked its snout as if out of hunger. Oblivious to this, Lycan reached out his hand to pet her, but it seemed the familiar was content with him and turned about to its master. When it curled up back near the fireplace, Lycan's eyes drifted to a peculiar piece of armor. An odd leather duster lined with a red fur.

The item spoke to him on a personal level, mesmerized him. Almost as if it were already a part of him, but he shook his head. Anything here would be way too far out of his price range of zero Col. He let out a soft sigh of disappointment.

"I heard my order is ready?" Lycan heard over his shoulder which caused a startle. The boy turned to the newcomer in time to see him nod welcome. Lycan nodded back, intimidated by his gear and the beady eyed creature perched on his shoulder.

"Are all the players here beast tamers?!"

Edited by Lycan
  • Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing him react like that made Ariel giggle, it was true that the little lion had its bad personality and such but the blonde had never seen her familiar attack someone with ill intent. A few scratches here and there but nothing that was serious. As Kimba returned to her spot the door opened once again, making the chime of the bells that were above it sound irritating to the blonde. 

"You're fast... I thought you'd give me more credit for my work...after all" she showed a slightly egotistic smile filled with pride on her voice "I am the highest ranking tailor in Aincrad!" she ended with a smirk and followed the newcomer's gaze towards the new equipment item she put on display just minutes ago. 
"Beast tamer.... I've never been called that but its sounds about right. Or more like she tamed me...." said the blonde, her voice filled with a bit of nostalgia as she reminisced the two's first encounter in the jungle.
"Level one after this whole time? I don't know if to be shocked and call you baka* or praise you for surviving until now in those rags!" she pointed with her slender index towards his starting gear then made way towards the item that caught his attention. She the took it out of the display and folded it neatly, placing it next into a light blue colored box with a crowned lion head logo on top. She took another similar box and placed a secondary item... oddly enough those two had matching enhancements on them. With her left hand she pushed the first box towards the silver haired boy. "Here, this should help you out a bit while leveling up. Take my advice, don't go out there by yourself too early. Make some connections first, they will come in handy more than you think. All I ask in return is your name." she said with a smile, directing her gaze next towards Hikoru.

Then with the right hand she pushed the other box at him. "This is the item you order earlier. I'm sad to hear you left Amethyst Descent... Teayre really tried her best to implement the 'family' concept I once had in mind for Absolute Pin... but I can't blame you. With guilds like Azure that gather the strong and the weak alike, we can hardly make a difference anymore.This one's on the house!" she said, changing from a lightly sadden expression to a smile at the end... or at least, an attempt of a smile as she waved the two 'Goodbye!'.

Giften the following items:

Box#1 ->Hikoru

Spoiler

Name:  Shadowed Eclipse
Profession: Tailor
ID: 
Roll: 12 (11+1)
Item Type: Light Armor
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +2 Evasion +9 Damage Mitigation
Description: A Dark-Colored suit of armor, with a hood and face-mask attached to the armor itself. Fits like a glove. A small imprint of a white crowned lion head etched on the inside of the hood

Box#2 ->Lycan

Spoiler

Name: The Blood Wolves' Coat
ID: 
Item Type: Leather Armor
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +9 Damage Mitigation, +2 EVA
Description: A dark grey leather duster lined with a deep crimson fur of a beast of unknown origin. Assumed to be known as a 'Blood Wolf'.
 On the right arm's biceps area there is embroidered a small white crowned lion logo.

Baka* - jap. "Stupid", reflex as Ariel is half Japanese and born and raised there. A translation bubble should appear next to her.

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Lycan looked at the box, paused, then looked back to Ariel. He opened his mouth, paused, looked to the box, then back to Ariel. He then lifted a finger, looked at the box, then back to Ariel.

"I-I... But... Are you sur--?" He stopped his idiotic stammering laid his hands on the counter and bowed his head.

"T-Thank you!" he said louder than intended. Keeping his head low, he added, "My name is Lycan!"

He remained in that position for a short while before lifting his head and letting his eyes rest on the crisp white box. Lycan extended his hands ever carefully as if the box were made of egg shells and pulled it close to him. Like a child, he lifted the lid just enough to peer inside, no more.

There it was, beautiful, expertly crafted, unique, and now... his.

He closed the lid and looked back up to Ariel, a tear crested on the corner of his eye. With this place as hostile and unforgiving as it was, kindness went a long way.

And it would not be forgotten.

"Thank you, again, really. I will repay you."

Then, finally, the familiar chime of a notification popped up in front of Lycan.

Spoiler

ITEM ACQUIRED!

Name: The Blood Wolves' Coat
ID: 
Item Type: Leather Armor
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +9 Damage Mitigation, +2 EVA
Description: A dark grey leather duster lined with a deep crimson fur of a beast of unknown origin. Assumed to be known as a 'Blood Wolf'.
 On the right arm's biceps area there is embroidered a small white crowned lion logo.

He smiled, letting the tear roll off his cheeks and shatter into bright fragments of data on the shop floor. 

Hikoru gave a small smile and took the box happily, taking note of Ariel's solemn tone. He gave a small frown and as she looked down, he picked up her chin and gave her a smile

"Don't feel bad about it. I just had to move on, and train by myself... But you'll be seeing a lot more of me soon, I promise." He gave a childish smile and gave her a nod, opening the box and accepting the items, moving out the store while equipping his new suit, enjoying the feel of the armor. He turned back and gave her one last smile, then pulled up his hood and face mask and left out the door

+1 Shadowed Eclipse

Spoiler

Name:  Shadowed Eclipse
ID: 
Description: A Dark-Colored suit of armor, with a hood and face-mask attached to the armor itself. Fits like a glove. A small imprint of a white crowned lion head etched on the inside of the hood

A new day started with... an unusual order. This time via PM, the blonde was half enclined to ignore the message but the desired item description piqued her interest. Thereit wrote on the digital screen: " However the heck you describe a Laughing Coffin coat ". 'Was this the start of a new trend or simple eccentricity? the blonde didn't knew but just because this order captivated her attention, she decided to give it a go.

#1  ID#48633 CD: 8 (7+1)  [Uncommon Item: 4  EXP]

#2  ID#48634  CD: 6 (5+1) [Good Item: 3  EXP]

#3  ID#48635 CD: 6 (5+1)  [Good Item: 3  EXP]

#4  ID#48636 CD: 5 (4+1)  [Good Item: 3  EXP]

#5  ID#48637 CD: 10 (9+1)  [Rare Item: 6  EXP]

#6  ID#48638  CD: 3 (2+1) [Good Item: 3  EXP]

#7  ID#48639 CD: 7 (6+1)  [Uncommon Item: 4  EXP]

#8  ID#48640 CD: 2 LD: 16  [Bad Item: 2  EXP] (Material salvaged)

#9  ID#48641 CD: 8 (7+1)  [Uncommon Item: 4  EXP]

Another day another attempt(s) to finish the order. Yesterday the blonde felt a bit out of hand as she only managed to get a sub par item made, the rest of them being OK for shop display.  Before starting work she just hoped that today would be much better, though she wasn't shorthanded material speaking.. Ariel would've liked to use the minimum amount to finish this recent order.

#1  ID#48747 CD: 2 LD: 20  [Bad Item: 2  EXP] (Material salvaged)

#2  ID#48748  CD: 8 (7+1) [Uncommon Item: 4  EXP]

#3  ID#48749 CD: 7 (6+1) [Uncommon Item: 4  EXP]

#4  ID#48751 CD: 12 (11+1)  [Perfect Item: 9  EXP]

Name:  Vanity's Midnight
ID: 
Description: A Dark-Colored suit of armor, with a hood. Dark themed coat that looks a bit ragged and has no significant feature.  . A small imprint of a white crowned lion head etched on the inside of the hood.

Payment Method: 10 Materials

Ebony wandered into the tailors shop, her hand holding onto the necklace that she had received from the Christmas boss. She had recently changed her mind pertaining to a deal that she had planned to have with Lowenthal. Now she thought that she might be able to trade it for the item that Ariel had received in the Christmas boss fight. She walked up to the counter and placed the item on the counter. "Hey Ariel, I was wondering if you'd be up for trading that item you got from the boss for this?" She asked, removing her hand.

Shining Icicle, Accessory Trinket, +3 Loot Dice, +1 Prosperity

2 minutes ago, Ebony said:

Ebony wandered into the tailors shop, her hand holding onto the necklace that she had received from the Christmas boss. She had recently changed her mind pertaining to a deal that she had planned to have with Lowenthal. Now she thought that she might be able to trade it for the item that Ariel had received in the Christmas boss fight. She walked up to the counter and placed the item on the counter. "Hey Ariel, I was wondering if you'd be up for trading that item you got from the boss for this?" She asked, removing her hand.

Shining Icicle, Accessory Trinket, +3 Loot Dice, +1 Prosperity

The blonde was up to her usual stuff when newcomer came and offered a deal... She had her eyes on that particular item ever since the event boss so... after looking at the glove on her right hand, the blonde sighted and replied: "This thing isn't really fitting my style so it would be better suited for a support like ya..... um.:" she made some internal debates about trading it so easily but made her mind and unequipped her glove and opened a trade menu: "Sure, let's do it."

<Soul's Repentance>, Light Armor -  A singular glove that seems to glow a bright white light, upon wearing it the player feels like they're being watched and protected. The feeling is warm and comforting.
[Tier 2]  (Life-Mending 2) [Life-Mending increases healing done from any source produced by you by (5 * Slots used) {Life-Mending costs 2 slots per 1}]

Ebony smiled and set up her own side of the trade, tapping the accept button. Now she finally had a leg up on the other supports, if only for a short while. She nodded to Ariel. "Thank you. The look doesnt really fit my style, but the effect certainly does." She replied to her, slipping the glove on before exiting the shop, wondering if she'd be able to find a party to scout the fourteenth floor, or if the parties had already been created and set out.

3 minutes ago, Ebony said:

Ebony smiled and set up her own side of the trade, tapping the accept button. Now she finally had a leg up on the other supports, if only for a short while. She nodded to Ariel. "Thank you. The look doesnt really fit my style, but the effect certainly does." She replied to her, slipping the glove on before exiting the shop, wondering if she'd be able to find a party to scout the fourteenth floor, or if the parties had already been created and set out.

The blonde accepted on her side and waved goodbye to the raven haired girl. With a sigh she went back to her own works... knowing exactly what to do with the newly aquired item. She'd set up a meeting on the current front line knowing that there were virtually nobody there except for the scouting parties. She'd PM a certain person in order to send him the coordinates to the place.

Clad in the gifted clothes from Hikoru, Snow wandered the market streets. This area of the Town of Beginnings often drew the warriors of the upper floors. Here, the young phalanx watched as members of the game bartered, exchanged, and showcased their specialty equipment - equipment similar to what she would need to avoid an untimely end.

As an ex-resident of the Beginner's Refuge, Snow lacked any Col. Her whole life up until this point was under the watch and care of another - people like Icarus, who devoted their lives to those who feared the wilds. At Daire's death, the blonde vowed to cast aside her fears. She equipped the novice weapon she was given at game start two years ago. Now, after meeting people such as Opal, Seul, and Hikoru, she realized the basic weapon would not suffice. She needed to find something to carry her through her trials.

One such shop caught her eyes, "The Lion's Den".

Snow witnessed several patrons leave, clad in expertly crafted attire. Not just any attire either, but subtly reinforced and padded for protection in combat. As someone who loathed the aesthetic of metal plates riveted to one's body, Snow lit up at the prospect of cloth or leather armor. Perhaps she could find something similar to what her recently deceased friend once wore?

Snow hurried in, mindful of not disturbing any of the current customers. The very first thing to catch her eye, was the white lion that rested by the fireplace. Snow had heard of familiars, but on the first floor, they weren't common in the Refuge District. The noncombatants there were unsettled by the idea of monsters or beasts going rogue, no matter how many times they were told safezones prohibited HP Loss. With a slight anxiety at the back of her mind, Snow began to peruse the shop's wares, looking for something to catch her eye. As she shopped, she kept mindful to avoid close proximity to the lioness.

As she searched, she noticed the name "Ariel" as the maker of most of the items. The name reminded her of something. She opened her inventory and looked at the black hoodie given to her from Hikoru. In the details, Snow found the name, "Ariel."

"
This is the tailor that made my hoodie!" Snow softly exclaimed under her breath.

Edited by Snow

"Is the shop slowly regaining its former popularity?" wondered the blonde as she yet again heard the familiar chimes of the entrance bell. It's been a long..looong time since she had this amount of customers in a day. This time around it was a unfamiliar blonde that cross the steps of her little log house. "Welcomed!" she greeted in a professional tone, as she's been doing this for quite a while now. Her trained eye immediately focused on her apparel as she still had some basic items on her. Then her gaze focused on the hoodie as the girl pointed out. Her brain searched for a recollection of that item and as her excellent photographic memory kicked in, she recognized the cross on the back.

"Yes I am the one who made it... the hidden crowned lion head logo can prove it as well. " she replied with a smile, not divulging where it was hidden. "Am I wrong to assume that Hikoru send you to my shop? I can't find a more plausible reason for a low level to wander at this floor, outside of the safe zone."

#1  ID#49086 CD: 8 (7+1) [Uncommon Item: 4  EXP]

#2  ID#49088 CD: 12 (11+1)  [Perfect Item: 9  EXP]

Name:  « Huntsman's Set +3 »
ID: 
Tier: 2
Enhancements: +1 Evasion +36 Damage Mitigation
Description: A renamed alternative to his <<Barbarian's Armour>>, the Huntsman's Set is a green jacket with semi-long coattails that reach halfway down the user's thighs. The well-fitted open coat parts just below the user's rib cage and contours off to the side to allow for maximized mobility without hindrance. The thick folded collar sits atop soft white furs that provide additional warmth in colder climates. The two-tone sleeves can be worn rolled up if such is the user's desire. Beneath the coat is a dark grey vest worn over a lighter grey turtleneck undershirt. Simple black slacks are typically tucked into brown boots, though it depends on the user's equipment. The gloves that come with the set are missing the thumb, smallest, and ring fingers to maximize dexterity. A golden emblem in the shape of a lion's head rests on the bottom of the right coattail.

The tailor's voice startled the girl, causing her menus to close out. Snow spun on her heels to witness Ariel busily managing her own windows to generate new equipment for her requests. Of all the words that stuck, Snow hung on "outside the safe zone".

"Excuse me?" the young phalanx quipped. She immediately pulled up her menu, tapped the map and located herself. Sure enough, her personal maker lied just outside the city limits. The color flushed from her face.

"I-I'm sorry!" She stammered, eyes intently focused on the lioness by the fireplace and surrounding players. Luckily, none were currently marked orange and the path here had been free of monsters. Likely due to the high level players which frequented the area.

"I-I just wanted to see what else you might have had," Snow continued, the shaken nerves hidden in the undertones of her Russian accent. "Black isn't really my color, but I loved how clean the stitching and fit feeled."

Anxiety began to build in the young player.

"I should probably go, I don't want to get PK'd or surprised by a poorly place re-spawn..."

The teen bit at her lip, a nervous habit, and began to edge for the door.

"It was a pleasure to meet you!"

Edited by Snow

She was about to enter the shop to pick up an order until a blonde girl opened the door. "More people..." Phillia would get upset in the presence of big groups of people, she didn't know why but SAO changed her personality in many ways. It took her a while to realize she was getting off topic so she went inside the shop and said "I'm here for my order, Vanity's Midnight." There was a gigantic animal near the fireplace that she didn't notice before, but it was okay, that thing couldn't hurt her cause the shop was in a safezone. The bluenette stood their waiting for the shop owner to come out, but it was evident that she wasn't there. She spotted a box on the table next to her, she opened it and realized it was her order. "I'm just going to leave a note right here stating that I took it, yeah, that's fine." And she did just that, leaving with the coat that was made for her.

Note (Written in blue ink): I got impatient of waiting so I just took my order (You weren't online for quite a while) I hope you don't think somebody stole it or anything, or just think that I'm rude and impatient (But I am). Thanks for making the coat anyways, bye!

-Phillia

+1 Vanity's Midnight

-10 Materials

Name:  Vanity's Midnight
ID: 
Enhancements: +2 Savvy +9 Damage Mitigation
Description: A dark-colored suit of armor, with a hood. Dark themed coat that looks a bit ragged and has no significant feature, the hood hides the upper part oh the face. A small imprint of a white crowned lion head etched on the inside of the hood.

Edited by Phillia

Zandra walked into the crowned lions tailoring shop. She havent been here in a long time. If she didnt remembered wrong she had only bougt, no traded, her supply bag."Heya Ariel. How your doing?" She said cheerfully with a smile on her lips."I wonder how that komino I sent the PM to you about is going?" She swiped a few times in the air."Here is the payment." She said and sent a pair of materials to her blonde friend. The spring festival was gonna be held today and she wanted to wear fitting clothes so she wouldnt embarrase herself.

-2 materials

Spoiler

img-thing-1.jpeg.a05206d1f5c1706ebed15c9

"'ey Ariel!" Takao called out as he stepped through the door, reveling in the warmth of the building that provided shelter from the cold winter themed floor. He'd stomped the snow off his boots before entering, which he'd long since come to realize was a pointless action given the technical limitations of the game world they lived in, and approached the counter with his usual smile stretching his cheeks. "Oikawa told me that the order was good to go, so I'm just swingin' by to pick it up. D'you want any materials or col for it?"

- -

+1 Huntsman's Set

a new day a new order... despite being over a PM the blonde accepted it nonetheless as she was in a good mood. A recent business proposition gave her a little morale boost, work wise and she was ready to put her skills to the work overexerting them until she reached the grandmaster rank. She was interested to see what type of clothing will she get from today's attempts. It was no surprise as she managed to craft the requested item from the first attempt. She was happy with the finished product but let out a sigh... she would leave today's attempts to that. That is if anybody else decides to come in before the day is over.

ID# 50229  CD: 12 (11+1) [ Perfect Item: 9  EXP]

Name: Hyades 
ID: 
Roll: 12
Item Type: Cloak (Light Armor)
Tier: Tier 1
Enhancements: 2 Eva 1 Mit
Description: A black cloak with a blue flame pattern on the bottom half of it. 
A small imprint of a white crowned lion head etched on the inside of the bottom part of the cloak.
Payment Method: Materials (10)

Phillia went inside the door and looked around seeing if her order was finished. She then saw Ariel and waved. "Thanks for making this." Her material supply then diminished as she gave her ten of them to make her cloak. Curiously, Phillia inspected the logo on the cloak, a white crowned lion. "So whats the story with the logo? is it because of your familiar?" She was wondering how the logo was made, but killed the curiously before it went too deep. Phillia picked up her order and left quickly.

+1 Hyades

-10 Materials

Listening to Takao's question the blonde let out a short laugh and replied: "Let's say you owe me one and be done with it. I might come by your shop once, might call that favor in there." Her tone was friendly but sharp in the same time as she was a businesswoman and couldn't stand by and not try to get some benefit from a situation. Next came the questions from the girl, to which Ariel simply replied. "Believe it or not, I am currently Aincrad's #1 tailor. In order to achieve this level of popularity I did the same thing a firm does in the real world and created a brand logo. It's present on all the items I make for quite a while now. And yes...." and then she realized that she was talking to herself as the girl had already left the shop.

With a shrug, the blonde went back and started her ,what will become, a daily routine. Thanks to her new contract, she will be receiving a steady supply of materials on a weekly basis with the condition that she has to use them in her shop, to craft long enough until she would reach her Grand Master Tailor status. A deal she was quite pleased with.

Earlier she'd receive a message from a former trading partner... it didn't say much more than that she wanted some vanity items and the PM included a pic. She'd examine the pic and start working on the items, making something for herself in the meanwhile.

After finishing her attempts she added the vanity items into a blue box with a note on it. It said:

"To Manta, I did what I could with what I've been given. I hope you like them!
P.S. that would be 4 materials."

Blue Box's content:

Spoiler

Name: Generic Armor Order MK.1
ID: 50582
Roll: 5 (4+1)
Tier: 2
Quality: Good
Enhancements: 
None
Description: A generic armor piece that at first seems pretty bland. It's a breastplate with leather provided from the boars slayed by newbs at the first floor. A small white crowned lion logo is visibly embroidered on the right side of the stomach. 

Name: Generic Armor Order MK.2
ID: 50584
Roll: 4 (3+1)
Enhancements: 
None
Description: A generic armor piece that at first seems pretty bland. It's a breastplate with leather provided from the boars slayed by newbs at the first floor. A small white crowned lion logo is visibly embroidered on the right side of the stomach.

Name: Generic Armor Order MK.3
ID: 50587
Enhancements: 
None

Name: Generic Armor Order MK.4
ID: 50589
Enhancements: 
None

#1  ID#50582  CD: 5 (4+1) [Good Item: 3  EXP]

#2  ID#50583  CD: 7 (6+1) [Uncommon Item: 4  EXP]

#3  ID#50584  CD: 4 (3+1) [Good Item: 3  EXP]

#4  ID#50585  CD: 10 (9+1)  [Rare Item: 6  EXP]

#5  ID#50586  CD: 11 (10+1)  [Rare Item: 6  EXP]

#6  ID#50587  CD: 4 (3+1) [Good Item: 3  EXP]

#7  ID#50588  CD: 10 (9+1) [Rare Item: 6  EXP]

#8  ID#50589  CD: 4 (3+1)  [Good Item: 3  EXP] 

#9  ID#50590  CD: 10 (9+1)  [Rare Item: 6  EXP]

Manta entered the tailors shop, wondering why she was getting light armor instead of heavy, the type that she used. She supposed that maybe she was just hoping to et a unique enhancement on them that somehow wouldn't interfere with her heavy armor skill? She glanced around before walking over to one of the racks and picking out four pieces of good tier two light armor. She set four materials on the counter before walking out.

-4 Mats

+4 Tier 2 Good Light Armor