Illustrator for hire- accepting imaginary money

Current Request Log

Oske- Character illustration
Tyger- Familiar illustration
Mari- Familiar illustration
X- Familiar illustration
Daeron- Character illustration

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I will not re-draw the pre-existing anime character you've selected as your avatar exactly as they are. If you post a picture of some pre-existing character and say "Draw that" its a waste of my time and a little insulting - to me and to your own imagination. That picture can be used as a visual aid, to give a basic idea, but i rely more on WRITTEN DESCRIPTIONS. Role playing is about ingenuity and creativity, and its not creative to rip off something else when you have the opportunity to do something different. As players on an RP message board, you should be used to using the written word to describe something. I expect you to use that ability to paint a mental image for me, so i can paint a visual image for you. [/rant]

Welcome to my art shop! I peddle doodl-... i mean... illustrations for your the col you gain from the roleplays you've done.

I am a professional graphic artist, i do various work from graphic design to illustration and screen printing. I've done plenty of work in other role playing groups before and i look forward to working with you all and bringing your visions to life.

All i need is a basic description and run-down of important details you think are essential to the characters or scenes. You can get really specific or keep it simple, but how well and personalized they come out depends on how well and personalized they're described. Just know this, i won't snicker at lengthy, well thought out descriptions as long as they help me with the vision. 

The way i see it working; profile pictures are 200 col, but full concept sketches are between 1500-3000 col depending on complexity. 

Here is an example of a 3000 col drawing. The background in this image will be the general template for character designs unless prompted to do something else.

Xf7lqfO.jpg

And here are some examples of what i think 200 coal drawings would be, Basic concept sketches showing multiple poses and angles but more quickly done and without much cleanup. These can vary in style from time to time because of my propensity to get crazy with sketches. This isn't limited to character sketches, i also do scene and object sketches for visual aid in role playing. For the most part, i use very little color in these because it is very time-consuming. Instead, i shade with screen tones.

ZwBF8ig.jpg

I83H3OT.jpg

HB3DHUj.jpg
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you mean real art, not fake art. It's simple so take a look at my thread

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/5808-character-drawings-for-a-limited-time/

By the way, I would love to pay col for a pic of my character, not drawn by me.

http://i.imgur.com/8tyvMUy.jpg

Like that one of yours.

Brayden has brown hair and green eyes, his hair is a little spiky.

Brayden is 4 feet and 11 inches tall

Brayden wears a lime green athletic jacket(not zipped up) over his white T-shirt, which can have what pleases you.

Brayden also had black shorts, his socks are about half-way to his knee.

He ways 108 LBS, just to shout out

He wields a dagger in his left hand and has a bracelet in his right hand.

I will pay 500 col as said, and my background should be a icy skating rink.

Maybe you can do that?

I would also like a profile pic too with mountains in the background please

Well, let me start off by stating that you're grossly undercutting yourself. This is some prime stuff and you're taking less money than most shops for actual work (not just a rolled craft). I wouldn't mind paying a few thousand and/or making some items for trade (I'm a tailor). You've got yourself a real talent, if you're willing to do one for me, I'd love to see what we can do. (:

Agreed: you grossly under estimating yourself

What you have here is fine: or as Brayden said. Start up a topic similar to his.

I would honestly love some of your artwork and will definitely hit you up when I am not in a waiting room ready to have tiny hairs ripped from my legs

Well, let me start off by stating that you're grossly undercutting yourself. This is some prime stuff and you're taking less money than most shops for actual work (not just a rolled craft). I wouldn't mind paying a few thousand and/or making some items for trade (I'm a tailor). You've got yourself a real talent, if you're willing to do one for me, I'd love to see what we can do. (:

Well maybe i should up the price. i wanted to keep it affordable, but i don't know what that means in col yet lol. I know i would charge 20-50 USD for these IRL, but since people are trying to use their currency on things that effect them in the game, i figured drawings wouldn't be in high demand unless they were cheap.

Its fun and it could get me a bit of a financial leg up so i figured i'd set up and see what came out of it.

And yeah, i'm willing to do one for you. Need some deets or a link to your journal if theres a good physical description there

Like Lessa said, I'd love to actually have something for my character as well.

I'll be willing to pay a perfect item, or even anything you want.This really is amazing.

Daeron's hair is a brown, like my profile picture. His eyes have a red-orange color to them, and he typically looks determined. He wears his signifying item, the Solar Flux Robe, which is a white robe with orange trimming on the edges. He also has a weapon, a one-handed sword, with a blue hilt and a red inscription on the blade saying "Sepulcher". Then finally, I'd like it to say this on the side: "Let the light shine through, as the darkness fades. But with righteous glory, we will unlock a new light of day."

Sure, more details.

Lessa has long blonde hair and blue eyes. She wears silver boots, and a pink skirt. Her armor consists of a breastplate and gauntlets. The breastplate is silver, with flowers etched into it. It is outlined with pink. The gauntlets have a similar look to them. Her sword is her most prized possession. It is a heavy claymore, and it glows pink.

I'd love an SAO picture like you've provided for Mari and Red, but I'd also really like a profile picture-type piece for my avatar. I'd be more than happy to pay you more for both, but if you don't have the time, I completely understand. :)

I like the one you made with the 3 poses. I would want one like that + a sword image, all in the same picture. A little more detailed thought, you can leave the background transparent since I'll be using photoshop for detailed pics..I just need basic material to work with..my drawing skills are almost inexistent. I'm willing to offer you tailor made perfect items and some col.

PS: I've done my char with Heromachine 3(so her picks are pretty detailed), but can't get decent poses with just that. These are the poses I would like: 

Tell me how much will it cost, so that I can get a general idea.

Guarding stance:

http://charleyzito.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/turn.mp4.mp4

except that she doesn't keep her head a little bent forwards, she looks you in the eyes.

Thrusting stance:

xbt4fYx.png

well.. right handed not left handed. The mirror image of this one.

"En garde" stance:

_REQUEST__Rapier_at_the_ready_by_Lorddra

Ariel's picks and stats:

gS9Vdme.pngE5G6GQO.png

Eye color: 25% Gray BDBDBD

Makeup/Eyeliner?: RGB Cyan 00FFFF

Eyebrows: Black 000000

weapon:

Description : A rapier, that is a little heavier than the basic one, with a black colored blade.[rapier hilt parts] A quillon that has a silver rose on the side and langets that appear to be vines(like in the pic before) in the same black color as the blade and with silver tips. The handle is made of a dark colored leather, the knuckle bow and the pommel the same color. The pommel ends like a katana, not with a bulb.(just like the end cap in this pic, without the grip). A blade made to inspire fear in it's users opponents.

I like the one you made with the 3 poses. I would want one like that + a sword image, all in the same picture. A little more detailed thought, you can leave the background transparent since I'll be using photoshop for detailed pics..I just need basic material to work with..my drawing skills are almost inexistent. I'm willing to offer you tailor made perfect items and some col.

PS: I've done my char with Heromachine 3(so her picks are pretty detailed), but can't get decent poses with just that. These are the poses I would like: 

Tell me how much will it cost, so that I can get a general idea.

Guarding stance:

http://charleyzito.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/turn.mp4.mp4

except that she doesn't keep her head a little bent forwards, she looks you in the eyes.

Thrusting stance:

xbt4fYx.png

well.. right handed not left handed. The mirror image of this one.

"En garde" stance:

_REQUEST__Rapier_at_the_ready_by_Lorddra

rapier:

Description : A rapier, that is a little heavier than the basic one, with a black colored blade.[rapier hilt parts] A quillon that has a silver rose on the side and langets that appear to be vines(like in the pic before) in the same black color as the blade and with silver tips. The handle is made of a dark colored leather, the knuckle bow and the pommel the same color. The pommel ends like a katana, not with a bulb.(just like the end cap in this pic, without the grip). A blade made to inspire fear in it's users opponents.

The quality you're wanting with what you described will be 400 col