[SP-F3] (Quest) <<Search for the Hoya>> (COMPLETE)

It was a misty morning in Aincrad. Dew drops covered the tips of buildings and grass blades alike. Partly cloudy and a little grey, the day seemed perfect for relaxing about.  Having finally woken up I decided today was the day I'd go on another quest. This has been long over do. Sindon is pulling away in terms of leveling and I must surpass him. You won't be my mentor for long. Dressed and prepared, I hustled down to the Quest hall. Looking for something challenging yet achievable, I found a quest that yielded nice rewards. "Search for the Hoya eh? Sounds fun."

Quest Name: <<Search for the Hoya>>

Quest Location: Forest of Wavering Mist

Quest Description: Deep within the Forest of Wavering Mist, from which screams emanate every night, lays in wait a precious pendant inside the stone tomb of King Minos according to rumors. All who trek in the search for this jewel beware the denizens of this forest, the twin level 10 Minotaur's awaiting on opposite entrances of the tomb, and the maze the forest itself creates. Many either fall to the one of the two Minotaur's or are lost forever in the maze. Good luck my children.

Details: Minotaur HP: 23 , Damage: 4 

Rewards: 2 SP and 1 Pendant of Hoya

Notes: Only have to battle 1 Minotaur, RP must be at least 1 Page

Do You Accept?

Yes[O]   No[X]

I clicked yes as the menu dropped from my HUD. Checking my gear once more, I headed towards the 3rd Floor. "This will be fun..."

(Note: Saw this on another thread and thought it was neat. When I roll a 17 or higher on my loot die I'll find the tomb. If I roll and 8 or lower I'll battle a monster.)

I arrived on the 3rd floor safe and sound. After stumbling through crowds of elven NPCs occupying the Village, I arrived at the exit leading to the direction of the forest. "Here goes nothing" I grumbled as I stepped into very barren prairie. 

After walking for about 30 minutes, the area around me became quite foggy. The cloudy mist allowed me to see maybe 10 feet tops in front of me. With that being known, I truly understood why not a lot of people make it out of here. 

[Entered - Forest of Wavering Mist]

#7555 LD: 11

Taking a few steps ahead of me I knew this was gonna be a long trek. "Welp, I've effectively gotten lost and I haven't even seen a tree yet." Wondering a few more feet, I began my journey for the Pendant of Hoya..

Trying to feel my way throughout the mist, I continued trudging on. I listened for certain sounds. I could here rustling all around me but I was more interested in the sound of stony echoes. Seeing as how the Pendant was in a tomb I figured that'd be my best clue.

#7557 LD: 4

*cRuNcH* I heard twigs snap a few feet away from me. What 10 minutes and I'm already being stalked by something in this god forsaken mist.  Unsheathing my rapier I prepared for conflict. Not being able to see much, I stepped on a few twigs my self. Suddenly a galloping noise invaded my ears. A horse? Way out here? 

Busting from the mist what appeared to be a half man, half horse, suddenly drew a bow and aimed his arrow at me. With narrowing red eyes the beast released it's arrow.

#7558 BD: 5 MD: 5 (6-1 from my +1 Evasion)

Ducking and rolling to my left, I squinted to keep my eyes on the mythical being. I really have to be cautious around here. Especially if other creatures are lurking about. Calming myself I prepared to strike the horse-man down.

HP:

~Oikawa~

15/15

~Centaur~

9/9 and 3 Base Damage

I watched as it reached for something on its back. Seeing this a my chance, I lunged forward. Aiming at its calf, I attempted to cripple it.

#7559 BD:8 MD:9

Sinking my blade into its calf yielded results and consequences. Managing to damage it (Dealt 5 damage), I proceeded to receive a very pissed off kick to the chest (Received 1 Damage.(4(3 + 1 Crit) - 3 from my +3 dmg mit)).

Landing upside down in a heap, I pulled myself up smirking. "Is that the best you got Secretariat?" I shouted with confidence. I watched as my HP refilled itself because of my activated Life healing. (Healed 1 HP)

HP:

~Oikawa~

15/15

~Centaur~

4/9

The horse-man must not have liked my comment because, it came racing at me. Having drawn another arrow from it quiver, it let it fly. Aiming for what I assumed was my face. How is this stupid horse thing so accurate in all this mist? Does having red eyes give it infrared vision or something? 

#7563 BD: 8 LD: 7 [no loot :( ] MD: 2

Not waiting for the thought to finish, I rolled forward effectively dodging the whizzing arrow. Upon exiting my roll, I sprawled out into a launching strike. My timing couldn't have been more perfect. Piercing the the man-beast right through its lower abdomen (Dealt 5 damage). It exploded into pixels but left no loot behind.

Panting a little bit, I picked myself up and headed onward. I don't have a clue where I'm going. I mean how big can this forest actually be?

HP:

~Oikawa~

15/15

~Centaur~ DEAD

0/9

I traveled about 100 feet into the endless circle of foggy mist. This is just depressing. I've been meandering around this wretched forest for god knows how long and haven't found a single clue as to how to get to the tomb.

#7567 LD: 14

Turning to my left, I began to trod down what I hoped was an empty path that magically led to the entrance of the tomb. Stepping further into the mist, I heard a loud *SNAP* and saw a dissolving of  pixels. Looking down, I realized it was I who had made the snap. Lifting my foot, I peered through the fog to get a better look at what I had stepped on. Is that a skeleton ? Not cool whatever it was, I just crushed its femur. I think...

#7573 LD: 8

My snap must've been louder than I thought. As if on cue, I heard muffle gallops. Great more frickin centaurs. I'm really starting to hate this quest. Turning to the direction of the noises I prepared my self for another fight. 

Slowly, two centaurs emerged from the fog. Entering a defensive stance, I waited to see what they would do. Not wasting anytime, they strung their arrows and steadily begin to circle me. After circling to full times both Centaurs launched there arrows.

Centaur 1- #7575 BD: 1 MD: 5 (6 - 1 from +1 Evasion)

Centaur 2- #7577 BD: 9 MD: 8 

I deflected Centaur 1(who was to my left more or less)'s arrow with my wrist-mounted shield, Inquisiteur. In doing so I neglected to block Centaur 2's arrow, which sank into my shoulder blade from behind (Received 1 damage).  Turning to face Centaur 2, I rushed it. With a flurry of stabs to it's front legs I had dealt damage (Dealt 6 damage) and effectively paralyzed it.

Grinning, I pulled the arrow from my shoulder as my Life Steal buff activated (Healed 1 HP). "You two creatures aren't that scary now eh?"

HP:

~Oikawa~

15/15

~Centaur 1~

9/9 and 3 Base Damage

~Centaur 2~ PAR for 1 turn.

3/9 and 3 Base Damage

As Centaur 2 stood by due to paralysis, it was  just me and Centaur 1 for now. Edging closer too it, I stayed locked onto its glowing eyes. Seeing as how the mist blocked nearly everything else out visually. Pacing myself, I waited for it to move first so I could counter attack. Oh man if I had the Parry skill, I'd hardly ever take max damage from a creature.

*swoosh* Is all I could hear as another arrow whizzed pass me for the second time today.

#7585 BD: 7 MD: 5

Before it could load another arrow from its quiver, I glided towards it, with a series of graceful strides, and sank my blade into its chest with a hard thrust (Dealt 5 damage). Jumping back, I dislodged my blade and stood between the two creatures eyeing them carefully. That second centaur is gonna be pissed, so I better be ready for both of them.

HP:

~Oikawa~

15/15

~Centaur 1~

4/9 and 3 Base Damage

~Centaur 2~ Stood by

3/9 and 3 Base Damage

As soon as Centaur 2 was relieved of its paralysis, It clamored towards me. Not wanting to be left out, Centaur numero uno also galloped towards me. Well shoot, I'm about to get smacked by two half naked man-horsies. Shaking the thought from my head, I tried to think of a way to avert the situation.

Centaur 1- #7591 BD: 3 MD: 1

Centaur 2- #7592 BD: 6 LD: 10 [Again no Loot but I do get mats!] MD: 8 

Not having much time, I spun to face Centaur 2. Just as it raised its hooves to bare down into my chest, I thrust my rapier upwards. We collided at the same time (Dealt 5 damage)(Received 1 damage), only I didn't disperse into pixels. Having disposed of one Centaur, I spun yet again in time to dodge the remaining stampeding Centaur. I'm not doing bad at all for a 2 on 1 battle am I haha?

HP:

~Oikawa~

14/15

~Centaur 1~

4/9 and 3 Base Damage

~Centaur 2~ DEAD

0/9

#7594 BD: 4 MD: 8

Growing a little over confident, I lunged for the looming figure with glowing eyes. Unfortunately it was more stubborn than its amigo, and didn't allow itself to be hit so easily. In fact it retaliated by not only dodging but kicking me to the side with its hind legs (Received 1 damage). Crumpled into a heap, I was surprised the damage wasn't more significant. Then I remembered my damage mitigation. That damage mitigation is so clutch.

Standing up, I clutched my side as I raised my blade. Pointing at it, I exclaimed "alright creature, make your move!"

#7596 BD: 9 MD: 7

It must speak English, because it raised its bow and rapid fired three arrows right at me. Deflecting the first two with my shield I jumped forward as the third one embedded itself in my chest plate (Received 1 damage). Raising my arm I smashed the tip of Fast Stinger right into the stomach of the Centaur (Dealt 1 damage). As it shattered into digi-dust, I collected the two mats that were dropped by the creatures. Removing the arrow from my chest. I relished at the fact my Life Steal buff had activated again (Healed 1 HP). Meaning that in 3 encounters, I had only managed to take 1 damage.

[Oikawa-The Faint received Centaur Bone x2 (material)] 

Finally done with that nonsense. I scouted my surroundings. "Fog. To my left..more fog. To my right...you guessed... freaking fog." muttering to myself, I headed off again in another random direction.

HP:

~Oikawa~

14/15

~Centaur 1~ DEAD

0/9

~Centaur 2~ DEAD

0/9

#7600 LD: 18

I must have finally chosen the right direction because directly in front of me loomed a stony staircase. Taking precaution i slowly descended down the flight of steps. I reached the bottom of the stairs with a solid *thunk* that echoed throughout the chambered tomb.

"Graaaawwwrrrrrr" pierced what used to be my eardrums. Suddenly the room was lit by magical candles. Sitting at the end of the room were two figures. A golden Minotaur statue that sat holding what I assumed was the pendant and a very very real one standing a few feet in front of it. Wielding a massive battle axe, it grunted again. 

"Inquisiteur, engage." I shouted as my wrist-mounted shield expanded to full size. I can't give this thing the edge. Crouching I prepared to strike the beast. "Lets go Hoya!"

HP:

~Oikawa~

14/15

~Hoya Minotaur~

23/23 *4 Base Damage

#7601 BD: 1 MD: 7

Dashing forward, I zig-zagged back and forth till i was inches away from the Minotaur. Leaping up, I  raised my blade to strike. With remarkable speed, the Minotaur sprung into action. Swinging its axe, it slammed its weapon into my shield sending me to the floor (Received 1 damage). Twisting myself around, I landed in a position poised to strike again. Well it's definitely faster than I thought. Hmm lets see if it can handle this. 

HP:

~Oikawa~

13/15

~Hoya Minotaur~

23/23 *4 Base Damage

#7602 BD: 5 MD: 8

This time I rushed along the wall. Using the wall as support and momentum. I jumped off and and aimed my body at the Minotaur. Straitening up, I launched at it like a speeding bullet. However the Minotaur had other plans. Spinning in half circle, it swung it's axe right into my back (Received 1 damage). Hitting the floor like a brick, I began to become enraged. "Is that your best shot you oversized cow?" I dusted myself off and and took a more offensive stance. Glaring at the beasty, I tried to devise a way to actually hit the damn thing.

HP:

~Oikawa~

12/15

~Hoya Minotaur~

23/23 *4 Base Damage

#7603 BD: 8  MD: 4

I got it! Snapping into action, I slid towards the Minotaur. Instinctively, it swung as I approached it. Using the momentum from the slide, I pushed off the ground, narrowly avoiding an axe to face, and pointed my rapier at the beasts chest. Jabbing quickly, I managed to get in a 5-hit combo before I had to get out of the range of his violent swings (Dealt 5 damage). Pleased with my damage, I felt a surge of renewal briefly wash over me as Life Steal kicked in (Healed 1 HP).

Now if I can land a few more consecutive blows,  I should be able to end this before I sustain any crazy amounts of damage.

HP:

~Oikawa~

13/15

~Hoya Minotaur~

18/23 *4 Base Damage

#7604 BD: 2  MD: 8

#7605 BD: 8  MD: 5 (6 - 1 from my +1 Evasion)

I think I have its timing down. Springing forward I jabbed again at the enlarged bull. Sadly I was mistaken about the timing. Catching my blade with the end of its axe, the Minotaur swung me towards it. When I was within it's range, it surprised me by impaling me with its horn (Received 1 damage). "Ugh" I exclaimed as I spit up a little digital blood. Then it vehemently threw me up in the air. Seeing another opportunity, I pointed my blade downward. Exerting all my force, I drove my rapier into its head (Dealt 5 damage). Slashing down, I extracted my blade from its body. I then backed up a few paces as I regained my composure.

This thing doesn't damage me as much due to my mitigation, if I didn't have it I would be nearly dead by now. As if I had said the magic words I felt another surge (Healed 1 HP). And can't forget the Life Steal. What a nifty buff.

HP:

~Oikawa~

13/15

~Hoya Minotaur~

13/23 *4 Base Damage

#7606 BD: 7  MD: 2

#7607 BD: 3  MD: 8

Having calmed down. I allowed to my body to move freely. Going with the flow, I launched myself at the creature. Impaling it with my rapier I pushed off of it to create some space(Dealt 5 damage). I must have attempted this rather slowly, as the Minotaur grabbed me with one hand and tossed me towards the wall (Received 1 damage).

"Alright! Enough! I'm tired of being tossed around like a rag doll by the creatures of this forest," shouting I prepared to finish this fight swiftly. Standing up I readied another attack. "You better hope my next attack ends you, or your gonna take more damage than necessary" I smirked as the beast bellowed.

HP:

~Oikawa~

12/15

~Hoya Minotaur~

8/23 *4 Base Damage

#7628 BD: 3  MD: 5

#7629 BD: 3  MD: 10

Having it's HP drop into the Red Zone, the Minotaur became way more aggressive. Running at me full speed, it began swinging at me wildly. The sounds of clashing metal echoed throughout the room. Blocking. Attacking. Dodging. Clashing. We went at it, until... I slipped up. I went for a lethal strike, however, my timing was off. The Minotaur took advantage of that. Swinging downward, as I rushed at his midsection, he connected with a devastating blow to my back (Received 3 damage). Yelping in agony, I rolled around in pain.

The damage isn't that bad, but I'm not use to the pain. Gritting my teeth I stood again. " You're an ass you know that?" I yelled at it.

"Graaaawwwrrrr" the Minotaur screamed back at me. "I'll take that as a yeah." I muttered. Pointing my rapier directly at it's face, I exclaimed. "I declare war on your life. Let me end it."

HP:

~Oikawa~

9/15

~Hoya Minotaur~

8/23 *4 Base Damage

#7630 BD: 9 MD: 4

At this point I was running on pure adrenaline. Rushing the beast at speeds that left an after image, I leaped and struck him several times. Jabbing at his chest. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap-tap-tap-tap-tap. Faster and faster 'til I landed the last strike in between it's eyes (Dealt 6 damage). The Minotaur became furious. It tried to swing but a static discharge emitted from it. "Oh ho ho you're paralyzed aren't you big fella," I mused as another surge passed over me as I healed once again (Healed 1 HP).

"Lets end this you bastard"

HP:

~Oikawa~

10/15

~Hoya Minotaur~ PAR for 1 turn.

2/23 *4 Base Damage

OOC: Woohooo that Loot roll tho!!! and the Minotaur got a super critical while paralyzed. :lol: :lol:

IC:

#7631 BD: 10 LD: 17  MD: 10 (Minotaur is paralyzed) 

"I told you you were going to take more damage than necessary". Taking a few steps back, I prepared my final attack. Twisting my arm, I launched forward and allowed the rotation from my windup to impact the beast at full strength. The Minotaur shattered like glass. Instantly bursting into pixel ash. "Oh you dropped something too!" Walking over where the beast was standing, I collected my loot drop.

[Oikawa-The Faint received Minotaur Horn x1 (material)] [Oikawa-The Faint received 115 Col in Loot]

I then walked to the golden Minotaur statue and collected the pendant.

[Oikawa-The Faint received Pendant of Hoya]

"Well that was bothersome to say the least." Making my way up the stairs, I was greeted by a spectacular sight. "What the ? The mist cleared?" Thank RNGesus. That was going to be the most annoying walk home ever.

Following the path that snaked through the forest, I made it back to the gates of the third floor. From there, I went back to the first floor and headed straight for the quest hall.

"I'd like to receive my reward for the completion of the <<Search for the Hoya>> quest." I handed the pendant over as proof and proceeded to collect my reward.

Reward(s):

2 SP

1 Pendant of Hoya

Accept [O] Decline [X]

I claimed my reward and left. Whew ! No wonder I don't quest lol. Too much effort.