[F1] Catfish Sundries (<<R5 Merchant>> & General Store) (closed for renovations)

I walked into the Catfish Sundries/Forge looking for some health crystals. I plan on doing some hardcore training later so I would need the safety net in a tight spot. I looked around the room and saw a stock of Health Potions for a cheap price. 400 Col a piece huh? Well that shouldn't be a problem. I took 3 off the shelf and deposited the Col to the shopkeeper. "Hello Baldur! Long time no see :D Here's 1200 Col for these HP Potions!"

-1200 Col

+3 HP Potions

I waved to Baldur as I exited the shop. Always a nice guy!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ariel steps in the Sundries shop again. She closes in on the counter and summons 15 items from her shop's inventory, placing them in front of the brunette shopkeeper: "Told you I was going to return. I keep making items but people don't buy as before." She takes a look around "Your shop looks like it doing well. How about you get me another one of those perfect vouchers?..just tell me how much I do I have to give you."

+ 1 Perfect Voucher

1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th / 5th / 6th / 7th / 8th / 9th / 10th / 11th / 12th / 13th14th / 15th / 16th / 17th  Good Items

- X col (will edit)

Baldur scratches his chin at Ariel's request. "Let's see... 17 good items, at 25 Col a piece, would come to 425 Col. A perfect voucher is 400 Col. So that means I owe you 25 Col."

He then gives a downward gesture with his right hand, pulling up his UI to begin the trade with Ariel before making a note in his ledger.

-1 Perfect Voucher

+400 Col

-425 Col

+17 Good Items

I walked into the Catfish Sundries/Forge looking for some health crystals. I plan on doing some hardcore training later so I would need the safety net in a tight spot. I looked around the room and saw a stock of Health Potions for a cheap price. 400 Col a piece huh? Well that shouldn't be a problem. I took 3 off the shelf and deposited the Col to the shopkeeper. "Hello Baldur! Long time no see :D Here's 1200 Col for these HP Potions!"

-1200 Col

+3 HP Potions

I waved to Baldur as I exited the shop. Always a nice guy!

Baldur waves to Xanatos, "Thank you and please come again!"

+0 Col

+3XP

As she steps through the shop's entrance Ariel goes directly to the clerk and summons from her inventory a small pouch with 1800 col. After placing it on the counter she issues her usual greetings then passing to the main point, after looking around in his voucher section. "Okay I'm planing on doing a bit of gear jongling here so I'll be needing 3 VIP Perfect Vouchers seeing you don't have the usual ones."  After agreeing with the transaction Ariel would wave him goodbye as she exits the shop thinking about how to put the vouchers to work.

+3 VIP Perfect Vouchers

-1800 col

As she steps through the shop's entrance Ariel goes directly to the clerk and summons from her inventory a small pouch with 1800 col. After placing it on the counter she issues her usual greetings then passing to the main point, after looking around in his voucher section. "Okay I'm planing on doing a bit of gear jongling here so I'll be needing 3 VIP Perfect Vouchers seeing you don't have the usual ones."  After agreeing with the transaction Ariel would wave him goodbye as she exits the shop thinking about how to put the vouchers to work.

+3 VIP Perfect Vouchers

-1800 col

Baldur smiled at Ariel as she entered his shop, and he quickly traded her the vouchers as she seemed to be in a hurry.

"Thanks Ariel! Come again!"

He then made a note in his ledger.

-3 VIP Perfect Vouchers

+1800 Col

• 10 months later...

It had been ages since the blonde had visited the shop. Rather than due to lack of interest or need, he mused he hadn't visited because he honestly had thought Baldur and Tyger had either died or removed themselves from public eye. But after have receiving a PM from the male of the duo, Oikawa had to see for himself if it was true. Pushing the doors open, his eyes widened at the sight of his old friend Baldur. "Well as fate would have it, we meet again Baldur." Swiveling his head, the General wore a frown as he materialized the weapons the Merchant had requested. "Where's Tyger?" inquired the blonde as he pushed over 4 freshly made katanas.

4 Rare Katanas:

Spoiler

Name: Amaterasu
Profession: (Blacksmith)
ID: (48936)
Roll: (10) [8+2]
Item Type: (Katana)
Quality: (Rare, Tier 2)
Enhancements: (+4 Damage)
Description: A katana with durable yet deadly blade. The hilt is made from black onyx infused steel, with gold-colored hand guard covering the handle. The blade itself has a smoky grey color to it, while the spine is embellished with black for contrast.

Name: Izanagi
ID: (48943)
Description: A katana with durable yet deadly blade. The hilt is made from white onyx infused steel, with gold-colored hand guard covering the handle. The blade itself has a smokey white color to it, while the spine is embellished with black for contrast. 

Name: Izanami
ID: (48944)
Description: A katana with durable yet deadly blade. The hilt is made from gold onyx infused steel, with white-colored hand guard covering the handle. The blade itself has a solid gold color to it, while the spine is embellished with white for contrast.

Name: Susanoo
ID: (48945)
Description: A katana with durable yet deadly blade. The hilt is made from black onyx infused steel, with black-colored hand guard covering the handle. The blade itself has a crimson color to it, while the spine is embellished with black for contrast.

4 hours ago, Oikawa said:

It had been ages since the blonde had visited the shop. Rather than due to lack of interest or need, he mused he hadn't visited because he honestly had thought Baldur and Tyger had either died or removed themselves from public eye. But after have receiving a PM from the male of the duo, Oikawa had to see for himself if it was true. Pushing the doors open, his eyes widened at the sight of his old friend Baldur. "Well as fate would have it, we meet again Baldur." Swiveling his head, the General wore a frown as he materialized the weapons the Merchant had requested. "Where's Tyger?" inquired the blonde as he pushed over 4 freshly made katanas.

4 Rare Katanas:

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Amaterasu
ID: (48936)
Description: A katana with durable yet deadly blade. The hilt is made from black onyx infused steel, with gold-colored hand guard covering the handle. The blade itself has a smoky grey color to it, while the spine is embellished with black for contrast.

Name: Izanagi
ID: (48943)
Description: A katana with durable yet deadly blade. The hilt is made from white onyx infused steel, with gold-colored hand guard covering the handle. The blade itself has a smokey white color to it, while the spine is embellished with black for contrast. 

Name: Izanami
ID: (48944)
Description: A katana with durable yet deadly blade. The hilt is made from gold onyx infused steel, with white-colored hand guard covering the handle. The blade itself has a solid gold color to it, while the spine is embellished with white for contrast.

Name: Susanoo
ID: (48945)
Description: A katana with durable yet deadly blade. The hilt is made from black onyx infused steel, with black-colored hand guard covering the handle. The blade itself has a crimson color to it, while the spine is embellished with black for contrast.

Baldur had been avoiding touching anything since he had let himself back into his old shop. It felt almost haunted by the spirits of the past, which is why he hadn't come by here until he needed a place to work. The only thing he had done was fiddle with his scales, which would give him an edge in producing a superior result. His old friend, Oikawa, was on his way over. Baldur didn't want to be alone in the shop as much as possible. When the small bell rang, he stood up from behind the dust covered counter where he was eating his <<Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips>> which gave a bonus to his crafting skill.

"Where's Tyger?"

It was the logical question to ask. He had expected his friend to ask it; it stung Baldur none-the-less.

"I don't know, and I'd rather not talk about it." He tried not to sound sharp about it, but even after a year the feelings were fresh, especially after he had met with Lessa. He was going to have to deal with the truth sooner or later, but now was not the time or the place.

Baldur looked down at the blades he had asked Oikawa about.

"My friend... these are beautiful masterpieces!"

With a gesture of Baldur's hand, the menu appeared. He called up the appraisal function and began with the first blade. <<Amaterasu>>

[Roll #49035 BD: 8 CD 11+2 LD 9 MD 10] Success, + 8XP, -1 Mat

"Well my friend. This one has the hidden property of <<Paralyze>>"

Spoiler

Name: Paralyze (LD of 12-9)
Cost: 1 Slot
Cap: 2
Effect: Removed enemy action for 1 turn afterwards on a roll of 9-10 if one slot is used, and 8-10 if two slots are used. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified). Removes evasion properties from opponent while paralysed.
Applicable to: Weapons

He moved on to the next blade: <<Susanoo>>

[Roll #49036 BD: 9 CD 11+2 LD: 19 MD 4] Success, +8 XP, -1 Mat

"This one is just pure damage. I'm sure you'll be able to sell this. Are there any Katana users you know of besides myself and Teayre still around?"

Spoiler

Name: Damage (LD of 20-17)
Cost: 1 Slot
Cap: 3
Effect: Adds +(1 * Tier Level) base damage for every slot used.
Applicable to: Weapons

Note: Swap this with Unarmed damage if apprasing a gauntlet/hand wrap, which are accounted in all regards as a weapon for unarmed use.

He moved on to the third blade: <<Izanami>>

[Dice # 49037 BD: 4 CD 3+2 LD 17 MD 9] Retry: +4 XP -1 Mat

"Hmm... there's something here, but I can't quite figure it out. Let me try the other blade and I'll come back to this one.

And then to the final one: <<Izanagi>>

[Dice # 49038 BD: 5 CD 5+2 LD 4 MD 1] Retry: +4 XP, -1 Mat

"Same thing. There's something about these two blades that's special, I just gotta figure out what it is. Let me give Izanami a try." Baldur really wanted this one to succeed. These two were his favorite blades of the set.

<<Izanami>> [Dice #49040 BD 9 CD 7+2 LD 13 MD 4] Retry +4 XP, -1 Mat

"Rats!"

<<Izanagi>> [Dice # 49041 BD 6 LD7+2 LD 7 MD 3] Retry +4 XP, -1 Mat

"Argh! Sorry my friend. I'm out of supplies to try any more today. I'll have to go and dig some up. But I think we have some potential with these two.

Baldur opens his log book for the first time in ages and makes a note about his attempts and the expenses incurred.

"If you don't sell either of those blades, once I'm up to level I may take one, assuming we don't hit gold with either of these two."

Edited by Baldur

On a completely separate day, Baldur walks into his own shop and goes digging through his supplies in the back of the shop. He digs out a box of field rations, and a six pack of antidotes.

"Well, these things never go bad, right? It's a game after all." He didn't look forward to eating anything that wasn't made by a cook.

He walked over to his ledger and processed the transaction, paying for the supplies from his own pocket.

While he was back there, he noticed a small <<Gift Box>> left over from the Valentines party the previous year. Seeing as how he was about to go into a boss fight, he figured he would open it. When he pressed on the menu to open it, the notification popped up granting him just enough bonus XP to level.

Baldur's eyes went wide.

"Someone is looking out for me." He smiled sadly as the box shattered into pixels.

----------------------------------

+3 SP

+2 Crafting XP

-1240 Col

+1 Antidote

+1 Field Ration

Edited by Baldur
  • 3 months later...

Baldur walks into his shop and transfer some Col into his shop account and grabs himself a <<Dimensional Backpack>> as well as three more <<teleportation crystals>> before quickly making his way out.

-8,000 Col
+ (3) Basic Teleportation Crystal
+1 Dimensional Backpack

Allania wandered into the merchant shop and began to look about. She knew before hand what she had come for but it was always nice to browse the wares and see what else was on offer. As she milled about Allania came across what she was looking for, "Aha" she said quietly under her breath, picking up the items and walking on over to the shop counter. As she approached the counter Allania looked at the price on the item and took out a pouch of the appropriate amount of col. She placed the col on the counter and then wandered on off.

+1 Dimensional Backpack

+2 Field Rations

-5600 col

• 3 weeks later...

Walking through the door, the wanderer scours the stores. He's known the owner of the place for some time now as he's been a regular to his shop, but this was the first time the wanderer has been to this store. "Ohayo, Baldur-san." He says as he looks for the counter. He quickly spots the counter and Baldur along with it. "Hey, could I happen to buy a Dimensional Backpack? Oh, also one VIP Voucher, too, if you're still selling them."

Baldur smiles and pulls out a Dimensional Backpack and places it on the table.

"The backpack I can sell you no problem, but the VIP Vouchers I have... these are the last 3 in existence." Baldur reaching into his ledger and pulls out three sales vouchers. "I won't just accept Col for them, we'll have to come up with a worthwhile trade."

Baldur thought for a moment about Rain's offer. It didn't seem fitting that he would trade a one of a kind item for a crystal or something that could be bought normally, but that was what he was after. He would be going back to Rain's shop over and over again for the foreseeable future to arm himself.

"Tell you what, I'm going to need another full set of consumables for the next boss raid. How about you give me 50% off on the next set of consumables I order for the boss fight, and we'll call it a fair trade."

Jazmyne had been staring at the same item in her inventory for the past few days. After receiving her new whip the other had become useless and much less appealing as well. She almost couldn't believe how ecstatic she'd been to have it during the beginning of the game. If the weapon didn't go now it'd be going in the future, she decided to head over to a merchant and sell the thing off to where maybe it'd actually be worth something. It seemed that currently a trade happened to be going on thus Jazmyne found herself awaiting the moment that she could approach the merchant. Which was rare for her to do. Once she got the chance Jazmyne would say, "Take this off my hands will ya. It's a Good Item just tell me how much it'll cost."

The wanderer thought about it for a moment. He had been building up his stock so he could technically trade stuff now. Also, calculating the fact that 50% off his stock would take a huge blow to his revenue if Baldur was to order a big order, "Hmm... well how much stuff will you be ordering from me?" If it's a lot, it wouldn't be an even trade now would it?" He spoke trying to keep the deal even, between them. "The way I see it, the VIP voucher is worth 1 perfect, if not, 2 perfects. If you will be ordering a lot of stuff, I would be in a deficit, don't you think?"

"That's technically true, but there are only 3 of these in existance. Once they're gone, they're gone forever." He tapped his chin in thought, "I'd just be ordering the same stuff I did before. A damage crystal, a mitigation crystal, and a safeguard potion."

Turning to Jazmyne, Baldur smiled. "I can't really do that anymore, but as I can see it would help, I'll take that off your hands for the 25 col. I used to be able to use them to craft, but unfortunately I can't do that anymore."

Edited by Baldur

The wanderer gave it some thought. 3 items with a 50% off is reasonable enough. "Fine. If it's just those three I don't mind giving the 50% off then." The wanderer begins to casually swings his fingers in the air and took out a sack of Col.

-5200 Col

"Here's the Col for the dimensional backpack." After dropping the the sack of col on the counter, he grabs the backpack and voucher. "Just come by my shop when you're gonna grab the stuff. I should have those in stock by now." As he walked away, he finally noticed Jazmyne. He raised his hand for a stern wave and gave her a quick "Yo." Before walking out.

+1 Dimensional Backpack
+1 VIP Voucher

"That sucks." She shrugged, accepting the offer before settling her old weapon atop the counter. "Seemed like a good idea to take this job before, huh?" Jazmyne questioned. Being a merchant seemed as boring as the rest of the professions to her. The brunette sent her money along with the weapon in Baldur's way.

-25 COL from Jazmyne to Baldur

-1 Basic Bull-Whip from Jazmyne to Baldur