[F2] The Philosopher's Shop [Open]

Raeyliff set up his shop in the main town around the Town Square. He wouldn't call it a big achievement, but it was something. A nice house-like shop that was nicely built out of wood,it looked nice and welcoming. He walked inside and looked around, seeing a counter and a door behind it that led to a table filled with tools made specifically for alchemy and shelves filled with books he wanted to read and research through to learn more about alchemy. He walked outside just one more time and put up a sign for the shop. "The Philosopher's Shop" he read, before smiling. "This is going to be sooooo awesome! Can't wait!" he grinned before walking inside and taking a seat behind a counter, waiting for his first customer.  

INVENTORY:

0 mats
Hair Color Changing Potion x1 (Good Quality)
Love Potion x2 (Good Quality)
Glowing Eyes Potion x1 (Good Quality)
TANK POTION (PERFECT QUALITY +1 DMG, +1 MTG, +1 HP RECOVERY (+5 HP)

Rank 2: 20 EXP and 3 Crafts a day  (22/40 EXP)

1=Epic fail
2-3=fails
4-6=bad Item
7-9=Good Item
10=Uncommon Item
11=Rare Item
12= Perfect Item

PRICES: 
Good Item: 100 Col
Uncommon Item: 300 Col
Rare Item: 500 Col
Perfect Item: 1000 Col
Order form:

Item Name:
Potion/Crystal:
Quality:
Description:

Enhancements: 
Price: 

Alchemy Ranks:

Rank 1: Starting rank and 2 Crafts a day
1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)
2-4=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)
5-7=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)
8-9=Good Item 2 EXP
10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)
11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)
12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

Rank 2: 20 total EXP and 3 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail
2-3=fails
4-6=bad Item
7-9=Good Item
10=Uncommon Item
11=Rare Item
12= Perfect Item

Rank 3:40 total EXP and 4 Crafts a day
1=Epic fail
2-3=fails
4-5=bad Item
6-8=Good Item
9-10=Uncommon Item
11=Rare Item
12= Perfect Item

Rank 4: 80 total EXP and 5 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail
2-3=fails
3-4=bad Item
5-8=Good Item
9-10=Uncommon Item
11=Rare Item
12= Perfect Item

Rank 5:160 total EXP and 6 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail
2-3=fails
3-4=bad Item
5-7=Good Item
8-9=Uncommon Item
10-11=Rare Item
12= Perfect Item

Rank 6:320 total EXP and 7 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail
2=fails
3=bad Item
4-7=Good Item
8-9=Uncommon Item
10-11=Rare Item
12= Perfect Item

Rank 7:640 total EXP and 8 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail
2-3=bad Item
4-7=Good Item
8-9=Uncommon Item
10-11=Rare Item
12= Perfect Item

Rank 8: 1280 total EXP and 9 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail
2=bad Item
3-6=Good Item
7-9=Uncommon Item
10-11=Rare Item
12= Perfect Item

Rank 9: 2560 total EXP and 10 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail
2=bad Item
3-6=Good Item
7-8=Uncommon Item
9-10=Rare Item
11-12= Perfect Item

Rank 10:(Master Rank): 5120 total EXP and 10 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail
2-5=Good Item
6-7=Uncommon Item
8-10=Rare Item
11-12= Perfect Item

Raeyliff started his first day in the back room by looking at an alchemy book. "Ah, here we are. Alright, let's do this basic health potion." he said, rolling up his sleeves as he began to work. He pulled out a material that was going to help him and nodded. "Good, good." he said, before starting. He crushed it and released its juice, and then cut it up into little pieces. Afterwards, he boiled some water and began to mix things together...

[8184 CD:7]

Bad Item: Overboiled Health Potion

+1 EXP 

- 1 mat (50% salvage)

[8185 CD:8]

Good Item: Acceptable Health Potion

+2 EXP

-1 mat

Raeyliff smiled. He had made a good potion. Sure, it wasn't that big of a deal, but having made a bad one already, he had felt like he should give up. Now he continued, grabbing the bad potion in an attempt to salvage the item back from it. 

[8186 CD:2]

He had failed to salvage any materials today, but he had managed to complete 1 good health potion. He wrote down his data and what he noticed on a notebook beside him before closing down the shop for the day. He would go on the next day to do some more work later on. 

Raeyliff came back the next day and rolled up his sleeves. "Okay, time to do some more work!" he said, before pulling out a material and beginning to crush it into fine powder while boiling water so that he can mix right away. 

[8417 CD:4]

Raeyliff's potion blew up, causing him to yell in surprise and jump back. "God..." he said, before sighing and grabbing a mop to clean up. After cleaning up, he pulled out his last material and sighed. "My last one already? Well, I'm going out to get some more soon though...hope this works." he said, before cutting the material and mixing it with water and stirring. He wanted, with all he could, to not fail, but his hopeless self just couldn't care less anymore. He had failed quite a bit, it was starting to look grim. The old man was right when he taught Raeyliff about failure in alchemy; it was quite frequent.

[8418 CD:1]

Raeyliff's potion sizzled and made a foul smell, making him add lots of water to not make it acidic or dangerous to touch. After seeing that it was fine, he grabbed the pot and cleaned it well before putting it back and walking out. How depressing. God, I thought alchemy was so much better. I don't want to even take notes, I'll do that later. For now, I'm going to get some air and grab some materials, and maybe buy some stuff that will help me out before coming back tomorrow. he thought, sighing, while closing the door. 

Raeyliff walked in with a big smile on his face. "Got some new mats, time to go and craft some stuff. It's been a while." he said, grinning, before closing the door and setting himself up at the alchemy lab. He put on his Philosopher Gloves and began to work. "These new gloves should do the trick. Perfect. Here we go..." he said, before starting to pull one mat and begin boiling some water and adding the powder to it, and stirring.

[8912 CD: 5+1=6]

[bad item 50% salvage + 1 EXP]

Raeyliff smelled the potion before he was able to finish it up, so he put a cork on it to stop the smell from moving around and opened a window and breathed in deeply. "God, I really hate when this happens..." he said, before pulling out another mat and quickly starting to work on it.

[8913 CD: 3+1=4]

Raeyliff put some water into the solution before it blew up on his face. He didn't have a chance to yell, he just stared with shock in his eyes. Then he quickly began to clean up his face and the area around him and cleaned up the pot. "Why does this happen to me...I wonder if Azide has any luck...I'm failing, even with these gloves." he said, sighing. "Ah well, notes, then some work tomorrow, whenever I find me some mats...oh yes, I need to salvage anything from that smelly thing..." he said.

[9202 CD: 1+1=2]

[Failed no salvage]

Raeyliff sighed as he looked at the beaker. "No, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to that anymore. Too bad too, I was almost thinking it can be used as a stink bomb. No matter. We have 3 new materials left from the quests we did so far, we need to get to work." he said to himself, as he pulled up his materials and began to work.

[9203 CD: 8+1 9]

[2 EXP GOOD ITEM SUCCESS]

Raeyliff scratched his head. "Since we're in Valentine's Day...how about I make a love potion? That should throw some people off!" he said, laughing, before getting to work. He put the ingredient carefully with and acid and waited until it dissolved and stirred, then waited for five straight minutes for the heat to cool off from the reaction. After a while, he noticed that the color changed to pink, and that the smoke coming from it was now a pinkish color as well. He raised his hands in the air "SUCCESS, SUCESS!" he yelled, before carefully putting the solution into a test tube and putting a cork over it and setting it aside with the Hair Changing Potion. "That should do it. One more craft today." 

[9204 CD: 3 +1 4]

[Failed +1 EXP]

Raeyliff sighed as he mixed the ingredient with some other mixtures and boiling them in water. The smell was bad and it was getting hot, so he felt as if he was going to fail. Soon enough, he realized he was right. He shrugged. "No matter. I still have a love potion. Thanks for that, Kayaba." he said, grinning, as he opened his windows to bring some air in and sat down on his comfy chair to rest for the day. 

Raeyliff walked in with his familiar Ash on his shoulder before it squeaked happily and flew into the stove. He smiled, putting on his gloves, as he looked at it, moving to the back room. He knew that it was trying to feel the fire of Floor 9 once more. Come to think of it, he should go back sometime...but not now...he had stuff to do. He looked at the material in front of him and sighed. "I can swear that these materials are used up more than they are gained...." he said, before getting to work by boiling some water and crushing the mineral with his mortar and pestle.

[9607 CD: 8+1=9]

[Love Potion: Effect lasts for a day.]

[2 EXP INCREASED -1 MAT]

• 4 weeks later...

[11838 CD: 3+1=4 FAIL]

[11839 CD: 11+1=12 PERFECT ITEM CREATED]

Raeyliff sat down on his desk and started writing down thoughts he had, ingredients that might make amazing potions. He stood up and paced around before taking a look at Ash, who was looking at him with curiosity. He looked at Ash and smiled "Hello there, Ash. Nice seeing you in the morning. Don't suppose you have what it takes to make an amazing potion with me today?" he asked, and Ash chirped in reply. Raeyliff smiled as he moved away from Ash and to his laboratory and started to crush an ingredient, mix it into a solution, boil the solution for 10 minutes, then stir it. In the middle of it all, dark green smoke was released and Raeyliff was filled by disgust of the smell. "EEEEWWW!!" he yelled, before throwing out the chemical into the wash and then rinsing the beaker he had the potion in. "Ah well, a wasted one...let's try again!" Raeyliff said, excited, as he pulled out another ingredient and begain to work. He silently, yet quickly, moved his hands in a crushing motion as he crushed yet another stone, poured a different solution on it, looking at the moles of the solution and the amount he poured. Then he mixed it well and made sure that it was now a single drink before he stirred it nicely, boiled it for 3 minutes, then let it cool down. After a few minutes he looked back to see that he had made a nice potion with a glowing green color to it. Focusing, he read out loud it's information.

"Tank Potion. Perfect Quality. +1 Damage Mitigation, +1 Damage,+1 HP Recovery....wow...I finally did it. I created a useful potion. I can actually sell something now....heh...heh." he said, before leaning back on his chair. He grinned. He was done for the day.

[LOST 2 MATERIALS]

[TANK POTION ACQUIRED]

[9 EXP GAINED]

[12101 CD:6 +1 =7]

[Glowing Potion added]

[Lost one material, gained 2 EXP]

Raeyliff took a look around before he began to write down the notes he got from making the Tank Potion. "Finally, my first perfect item. Wait until you see this Azide..." Raeyliff said, before looking up. "Azide would've probably known about this by now...no. He'd rather go and make health potions. Probably." he said, reassuring himself, before standing up. He took a look at Ash and smiled before standing up. After the last potion he had felt more knowledge of alchemy entering his mind and becoming part of his consciousness, similar to the first time he had went through the <<Earning a Living>> quest. He smiled, remembering van Hohenheim. He needed to pay the man a visit again to talk about this new skill he had, making crystals. Before he made one though, he wanted to create one final potion that would allow him to feel like he still had the hang of things. Standing up, he pulled out the last material he had and sighed "Already? I'll have to go get some more then..." he said, but started to work. He worked quickly now, with more smoothness than before his raising of a rank, putting the material under the bunsen burner only for 10 minutes before he poured its liquified state into a beaker and added some water and stirred. After a while, he turned to observe it to find that the potion had turned a nice glowing purple. He smiled before pouring it into a test tube and closing the lid with a cork before setting it aside and taking down notes. 

"The Glowing Potion: This potion allows for the drinker's eyes to glow with whatever color they please despite the color of the potion being purple. The purple color is only the hint of a nice berry taste that it gives to the drinker." he read aloud, before closing his leather book for now and standing up. "C'mon Ash. If we're lucky, we'll find another material soon enough before the end of the day and try our luck on another potion. So far, this is going good. I'm improving." he said, grinning, before Ash chirped and flew to his shoulder before he closed the shop and walked out.