(PP-F1) <<Earning A Living>> (Crozeph)

Aeternum stood just outside the safe zone of the starting city, and surveyed the fields, noticing that there were clusters of mobs here and there that could be fought, and even some lone mobs out there, too. He sighed, he had to gather mats, and then he could be a smith, right? Aeternum decided to play on the safe side, and sent a message to a guild member whom he hadn't met yet, but whose name he had remembered from the roster, thinking this would be a great opportunity to meet him.

To: Crozeph

Subject: <<Earning A Living>> Quest

Hey, I am about to do this quest, but I am going to have to kill a bunch of mobs. I was wondering if you would be willing to help me, because I'm not ready to fight alone. Besides, isn't this a good way to meet other guild members?

As he waited for a response, Aeternum went ahead and drew his sword, giving it a few practice swings.

Crozeph stood on top of a tree on a forest on Floor 1 and looking at the horizon in front of him when he saw an icon appear in front of him "hmm, who could this be?" he thought. Crozeph opened the mail and saw a message from a person he heard that joined their guild "a quest for killing mobs" he said. Crozeph climbed down the tree and quickly made haste to the starting city's main entrance or exit. As he quickly found his way back to the city he saw someone heading out who has a mark of a guild on his head and practicing on swinging his sword. Crozeph walked towards him, hoping that this is the person who message him for a little assistance on his quest. Crozeph walked a few feet then called out to him "I'm guessing that you're Aeternum" he said looking at the person in front of him.

Aeternum turned towards the speaker, nodding and saying, "Yes indeed. And you must be Crozeph. It's nice to meet you." He stopped swinging his sword, and pointed off in the distance, saying in a casual tone, "I have found a couple of boars over there, and they seem reasonably strong. But both of us can take them down." With that, he set off towards the boars, eager to begin. As the two walked, he said, "Tell me a bit about yourself, I want to get to know this guild better."

Crozeph let out a sigh of relief as he heard the answer he wants to hear "whew saved from embarrassment" he thought "nice to meet you too" he replied with a faint smile. Crozeph nodded when Aeternum pointed at the couple of boars and quickly followed the guy who also asked him about himself. Crozeph thought hard for a second before replying "I'm not one of those interesting types of players here in Aincrad" he told him as they walk "I'm also technically a solo player but when duty calls for the guild I can be easily contacted" added. Crozeph already saw the group of boars while they walk "as for the guild, I don't know much than you do since I'm always wandering off until you messaged me" he said "not that you're interrupting something, it's better than doing nothing at the moment" he said. Crozeph reached for the hilt of his sword, making sure that once they engage in battle he can take out the dangerous ones.

(ID 8495)

Aeternum listened as Crozeph explained a bit about himself, and said in response, "Well, you don't have to be interesting, a lot of people aren't. And as for being solo, that just seems a bit dangerous." At that, Aeternum's eye lit up (you can't see the other one because of the eye patch) and he said with a grin, "Actually, because you are so 'dangerous', you should be a total ladies' man, you know?" He laughed lightly, and then returned his focus to the boars, holding up his sword to fight. "This won't be easy for me, man, but I should make it."

The closest boar was the weakest, and Aeternum sprinted across the short distance between him and the boar, slicing through it's side before rolling to his left and putting some ground between him and it. The boar snorted and turned towards Aeternum as he rolled, attempting to injure him but failing horribly.

Combat Info (HP, Hate)

Aeternum - 7/7 HP (Rolled a BD of 8, hit)

Hate - 1

Crozeph - 21/21 HP

Hate - 0

Boar 1 - 10/11 HP

(OOC: I am going to try out the hate system.)

Crozeph almost laughed at the dangerous and ladies' man part "tell me about it" he replied "most girls are into bad boys, I'm your typical mob magnet player" he told him. The mention of going solo being dangerous also amused him "well I like to live dangerously and it only goes wrong when you go solo and don't use your head" he said. Crozeph then watched him as the Aeternum sliced through the first boar that they engaged in battle "not bad" he thought. Crozeph unsheathe his sword, its blood-red edge gleaming as if it was already tainted with blood.Crozeph then dashed forward to hit the boar, aiming for a critical strike but as soon as he neared it he slipped on the grass losing his momentum and missing his attack. Crozeph skidded a few feet away and raised his sword to try another attack "I guess I should thank my blunder of an attack" he said. Crozeph felt a slight damage on him by the boar but it quickly healed "be careful Aeternum, boars don't go down without a fight" he said as he brushed off the pain from his right arm

[iD: 8503]

Battle Dice: [2] fail

Mob Dice: [8] - [2] = [6] success

Craft Dice: [12] battle healing activated

+1 HP gained

Crozeph 26/26

Aeternum 7/7

Boar 10/11

(ID 8514)

Aeternum watched in horror as Crozeph slipped, and laughed with relief when he recovered quickly. He bound forwards and brought his sword down, cleaving into the boar's back. With a grunt of effort, he tore the blade from it's body and tumbled backwards, surprised at how much effort that had taken. He grinned as he realized he had done a considerable amount of damage, and said, "Stupid boar, a 90 year old woman could kill you."

Combat Info (HP, Hate)

Aeternum - 7/7 HP (Rolled a BD of 10, double critical)

Hate - 3

Crozeph - 21/21 HP

Hate - 0

Boar 1 - 7/11 HP

Crozeph rushed towards the boar again, this time keeping himself in balance to avoid another slip. Crozeph slashed downward trying to hit the boar but it moved away a few inches dodging his sword by an inch "not my lucky day I guess" he said the boar who dodged his attack spun around aiming to ram him but Crozeph's speed is more than what it can deal with. He jumped and landed on the boar's back "you should try harder on hitting me" he said. Crozeph jumped off it's back making it squeal while he lands on the ground "I guess this is your moment Aeternum" he said keeping his eyes on the boar "I'm a bit sloppy today" he said "but I'll be fine later" he added.

[iD: 8516]

Battle Dice: [4] fail

Mob Dice: [5] fail

Crozeph 26/26

Aeternum 7/7

Boar 7/11

(ID 8549)

Aeternum smiled, saying, "Bad days, indeed. And this boar is having the worst day of all." This time, Aeternum let the boar come at him, simply sidestepping it's attack before swinging his blade in a wide arc and cutting the boar on it's neck, leaving an orange gash. He was faring quite well, and the boar was obviously not the best boar around. He lowered his guard, hoping to taunt the boar into another clumsy attack. Looking at Crozeph, he said, "I thought mobs would fight harder, you know?"

Combat Info (HP, Hate)

Aeternum - 7/7 HP (Rolled a BD of 9, critical)

Hate - 5

Crozeph - 21/21 HP

Hate - 0

Boar 1 - 5/11 HP

(OOC: I am not showing the MOB dice rolls because they are too low to even matter.)

Crozeph smiled,surely Aeternum is a little new on boars "well you could say you're lucky, I myself almost got killed by boars like these" he said. Crozeph pointed his sword downward, the feeling of doing his basic yet lethal move seems to go back now "let's end this now" he said. Crozeph dashed towards the boar and slashed upward and spinning his body at the same time creating a circle and returning his sword to it's scabbard in one motion. The boar stood frozen for a few seconds they shattered as his sword sliced through it's face. Crozeph heard a ping notifying him that a loot is dropped. Crozeph pressed the dialog box in front of him and read through the info.

Loot Acquired!!!

1 material

an ore which is useful for crafting weapons and armors

take this item?

Yes                             No

Crozeph took the ore and opened his user interface to send the material to Aeternum and continue their hunt for materials and hopefully helped him finish his profession quest without getting into some big trouble.

[iD: 8583]

Battle Dice: [9] critical

3 base damage +2 weapon damage +1 critical

Mob Dice: [4] - [2] = [2] fail

Loot Dice: [17] 

1 material obtained

Crozeph 26/26

Aeternum 7/7

Boar 0/11 DEAD

(ooc: sorry I don't qualify for a much better loot T_T)

(ID 8585)

Aeternum smiled as Crozeph finished the boar, saying, "Nice job." When Crozeph gave him the material, he nodded in thanks and quickly moved to the next boar, who was just a bit stronger. Aeternum walked up to the boar, simply stabbing it in the side and turning around to walk back to Crozeph. What he didn't expect was for the boar to charge him and knock him flat on his face. Coughing, he pushed himself to his feet and turned to the boar, prepared for another attack.

Combat Info (HP, Hate)

Aeternum - 7/7 HP (Rolled a BD of 9, critical)

Hate - 2

Crozeph - 26/26 HP (forgot about your survival)

Hate - 0

Boar 2 - 10/12 HP (Rolled a MOB of 9, critical)

Crozeph quickly followed up and attack as soon as Aeternum was knocked down "your jar of luck seems to be depleting" he said. Crozeph aimed his sword and the boar but it was strong enough to break his momentum on landing a blow on it as his sword got stuck on its tusk. Crozeph planted his right foot backward and let out a deep breath then pushed the boar back a few feet making them gain enough distance to recover and ready themselves for another attack "mind the movements, some boars are numb on attacks" he said "you attack them, they attack you back even when wounded" he added. Crozeph learned it before after he got rammed by a boar he slashed back when he had a starter sword even when he landed a critical blow "there's a rare chance of them flinching on attacks that they receive" he said raising his sword protecting his side and Aeternum beside him.

[iD: 8587]

Battle Dice: [5] fail

Mob Dice: [7] - [2] = [5] fail

Crozeph 26/26

Aeternum 7/7

Boar 10/12

(ID 9153)

Aeternum wished he could stagger this boar, but it was highly unlikely. He gestured with his sword and baited it, causing it to charge him. Thrusting his sword forwards, he pierced the boar's facial area and felt a tusk tear through his hand, which didn't matter because he healed in a matter of seconds. Smirking, he said, "At least this boar can't heal, right?" This was fun, but kind of dangerous to Aeternum, which was exhilarating in a way.

Combat Info (HP, Hate)

Aeternum - 5/7 HP (Rolled a BD of 7, hit. CD of 11, plus 1 HP from Battle Healing) (Oh, forgot the two damage from last turn, whoops. And the damage from this turn doesn't matter because Aeternum healed.)

Crozeph - 26/26 HP

Boar 2 - 9/12 HP (Rolled a MOB of 7, hit)

Crozeph saw that Aeternum's Hp is dropping lower to it's yellow zone "I think you should be careful, I can't have someone dying in front of me" he said "I bet you're feeling the adrenaline rush now or fear if I'm wrong" he added. Crozeph dashed towards the boar and made a full frontal attack. The boar's tusk and Crozeph's sword met dealing damage to both of them but it seems the boar has dealt a greater damage than him but it doesn't matter, they could finish this boar quick to avoid further damage to his friend "now it's weaker than it was before" he said jumping back and raising his sword as a shield with Aeternum beside him

[iD:9165]

Battle Dice: [7] success

3 base damage +2 weapon damage

Mob Dice: [9] critical

2 damage +1 critical

Crozeph 23/26

Aeternum 5/7

Boar 4/11

(ooc: I don't know how much damage it deals so I just followed the mob damage rule  :???: )

• 2 weeks later...

(ID 10123)

Aeternum sighed, saying, "Yeah, I just wish my battle healing was up to par today." With that, he strode quickly to the boar, and with a flick of his wrist, left a decent fashion it's side. He frowned as the boar swiftly retaliated, and backed away, uttering a single curse. He smiled and said, "Its not everyday you get to meet a skillful boar."

Aeternum looked at his HP bar, and whistled when he saw how low it had gotten. Shocking, really.

Combat Info

Aeternum - 4/7 HP (Rolled a BD of 7, hit.)

Crozeph - 23/26 HP

Boar 2 - 3/12 HP (Rolled a MOB of 6, hit)

(Oops, forgot about actually telling you the mob stats. The HP is obvious, but I was just having it deal one damage per hit. Sorry bout that.)

Crozeph saw that Aeternum's Hp isn't looking good and the boar seem to keep up with the pace that  they're making "we should end this and give you rest for now" he told him. Crozeph stood between Aeternum and the boar "this one is a bit tricky to kill but I'll manage" Crozeph raised his sword high enough to block the boar's tusk, the sharp edge of his sword facing it "come here, and I'll end you" he said. Crozeph's sword got stuck in the boar's tusk as soon as its attack hit him but as always, Crozeph's plan B is just lying in wait. With a sudden motion, Crozeph gripped the hilt of his sword tightly and pulled out the sword creating a slash on the boar's face. The damage was too much for the boar that it shattered quickly but Crozeph got stabbed by it's tusk, one on his thigh and the other on his waist. Crozeph just shrug off the pain and sheathed his sword, at least trouble is over for now "why don't we take a breather?" he told Aeternum.

[iD: 10200]

Battle Dice: [6] success

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 weapon damage

Mob Dice: [10] 

1 damage +2 critical

Loot Dice: [7] no loot

Crozeph 20/26

Boar 0/7 DEAD

Aeternum nodded silently, deciding that, yes, a break would be great. He looked around before sheathing his sword. Sighing, he said, "We did good. Though, I need to get stronger. Perhaps, when I have the col, I will buy new gear." Aeternum then realized just how tired he was, and fell to his knees, propping himself up with his left arm.

He stayed like that for a long time, before standing up on shaking legs. He whistled, saying afterwards, "Apparently that battle took a bit out of me. More than I had expected, anyways." He laughed.

He didn't know why he laughed, he just did. It wasn't intentional, it had been genuine. He shrugged, didn't matter.

Crozeph remained standing as Aeternum took a rest from the battle "everyone needs to get stronger here, I'm sure you'll be" he told him "though when I was at your level I relied on skills alone, I just had better equipment when I joined a guild" he added. Crozeph could remember the day when he would always put his HP bar on the yellow zone grinding for loot and materials and now he's helping others so they don't share the same fate low-leveled players had by fighting alone "well I was a bit lucky back then but you can never rely on luck all the time, luck has a traitorous side" he said. Crozeph opened his inventory and looked at his equipment, they seem to be fine and he thinks that they'll be finishing this in no time "just tell me when you're ready to go, I'll cover you when trouble pops out" he said while closing his HUD.

(10877) (A pity I couldn't heal.)

Aeternum had rested for a reasonable

amount of time, and stood up, saying with renewed vigor, "Come on, we are going to complete this quest today!" He drew his sword, gesturing towards a boar with his free hand, "That one. I think we can handle it, don't you?" Without another word,he sprinted towards the boar, confident in his abilities.

As he neared, he quickly swung his blade in a short arc, smiling as it made contact and pierced the boar. Too easy. He had learned from his mistakes, though, and rolled as the boar attempted to retaliate. Silly creature.

Combat info

Aeternum - 4/7 HP (Rolled a BD of 7, hit.)

Crozeph - 20/26 HP

Boar 3 - 10/11 HP (Rolled a MOB of 2, missed)

Crozeph unsheathed his sword and watched as Aeternum tried attacking the boar and managed to deal a good amount of damage. Crozeph smiled at what he saw "looks like you're learning quick" he said. Crozeph quickly followed after Aeternum attacked the boar, his sword aimed squarely at its side. Crozeph managed to reach it quick and deal good damage but the boar reacted to his attack. It suddenly spun around and used its tusk to slash at Crozeph qho successfuly did wounding him in the shoulder and grazing his neck. Crozeph got pushed back by the attack though it wasn't a bother to him anymore, the damage wasn't troublesome but he was more worried of Aeternum getting hit by a critical from the boar but it seems it won't last longer now.

[iD: 11090]

Battle Dice: [8]

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 Crimson Flare

Mob Dice" [9] critical

3 damage

Crozeph 17/26

Aeternum 4/7

Boar 4/10