Question on owning a shop

I understand that completing <<Earning a Living>> awards a profession and the ability to open up a shop. My question is what opening a shop entails. Does the character need to purchase a building from the get go, or do they need to do something smaller like a pushcart until they have enough Col? Just checking to make sure, I don't want to open a store only for the guards to shut me down.

opening a shop doesn't have monetary requirements, but you have to take in consideration that in your case, you're a low lvl and don't have much money so the shop won't be some 2 story building with all the cool stuff... read the 1st posts from other player's shops to get an idea of how to describe your shop. You only need to post in the 'Shops' section.

// here's an example..my shop which I updated it throughout the game, also keep in mind where you put your shop. In the city or near the outskirts. if you put it in the city Pkers can't come and shop at your place. 

The Lion's Den