Familiar Enhancements

Hey there, I just wanted to ask if familiars count as equipment, for the purpose of enhancement caps?

According to the Feeding the Enemy quest, they add enhancements "like an uncommon item", but does this enhancement have any limitations? For example, may familiars bypass equipment caps for stats, such as evasion and accuracy? Are they able to increase one's damage?

I'd like to get a ruling from the staff, just because the revised familiar system's only been around for a few weeks. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

They cannot bypass enhancement caps

They cannot add to damage, as that is your weapon not your faniliar :)

aw dip. i didn't know it counted towards the equipment enhancement cap. I'll have to change mine now, because if thats right, i'm 1 over on my eva stat.... I hate that, i thought it was a bonus stat that stacked on top of it. I would amend the quest thread, because Azide has a point, it doesn't put the nature of that enhancement very clearly. It says it adds 1 enhancement like an uncommon item does, but not that it would act as a piece of equipment and be effected by the cap. Because stuff like skills and certain items can add to stats on top of the equipment cap. 

In fact, i'm a little disappointed in how undefined the new familiars are anyway. With this development they seem just a touch more than a novelty. Is the skill system for familiars still under construction?