[F10-R7] Alchemic Contagion -PK Accessibe

It had been so long, so very long...but now...Mari had once again opened the doors to her store. Once again, she would sell her Alchemic concoctions. 
She had been out of commission for quite some time, but before her fall into obscurity, she had been one of, if not the most powerful Alchemist in Aincrad.

Did this title still hold true?

Only time would tell...

Edited by Mari
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 33873  CD: 6
33 Materials Remaining

Mari had been gone for far, far too long - but she had not been still. No, she had been biding her time, slowly working out the kinks. Her concoctions had taken a darker turn...She pulled out some bitter thistle roots, and the strange orange sap that he had obtained from the forests back down on the 3rd floor. She carelessly chucked both into a cauldron, and started stirring, a thick black smoke began to envelop the tent, but Mari slowly placed drop after drop of a crimson liquid into the cauldron until the smoke cleared. 

Then,  she poured the contents into a vial. The contents were but a trickle..

Name: Murderous Intent
Effect: once you drink this potion you feel an overwhelming sense of bloodlust, your primary focus is to destroy anything and everything around you, be it player, NPC or mob. This effect lasts 3-5 posts depending on the users willpower. Warning: This potion may have negative side effects like the feeling of Nausea' once the intent subsides.

Edited by Mari

"Huh, it's certainly been a while since I've been in here."

Parting the front flaps of the tent Calrex stepped inside. Unlike the past, where he was clad in the full-body armor of the Grand Chariot, he had recently been opting for the lighter variant of the Grand Dragoon. The pauldrons and poleyns fit over his casual combat clothing comfortably, without a helmet to mask his face like before.

He gave a friendly smile and wave to Mari, who he noticed seemed to be different from before, "Hey Mari, certainly been a while, but I hope things have been well."

"With the floor raid completed and all, I've still got to get back to my training soon. Maybe I should get on the Iron Guardian quest and finally get it completed..."

Looking at the vial which had been added to the set of various ones on the shelf he noticed a new one, Murderous Intent. He went silent for a few seconds, as thoughts began to go through his mind. Giving a small sigh he picked it up and went over to the counter, "So, how much would you like for this one?"

Purchasing Murderous Intent

• 2 months later...

-All items are now up to date in store - 

32 Materials Remaining 6 Crafts Remaining
ID: 44422 Craft: 3  Bad Item

Mari had attempted to make something new, with a strange sprig that resembled rosemary, she tried mixing it with a red extract from a wasp, but it fizzled and burnt to the bottom of her pot, she was in the process of scrubbing the pot, muttering bitterly to herself. She didn't want to sit here and scrub small metal pots, she had enough of that in reality, let along the digital world. Still..she supposed she had best do it, and do it quickly if she wanted to continue crafting for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 45588 Craft: 6  
Materials: 31
Craft Attempts 6

Mari reached under her table, pulling out a clean, empty vial- then another larger one marked with 'purified water, she set the burner on low, and half filled the test tube with water - placing it over the low flame. Mari first placed a dash of the bloodied liquid from the river to the water, followed by a powdered black root she had previously ground up. Then lifting the vial up to the low light of the buzzing fireflies above. She swirled it around until the two mixed, creating a dark crimson liquid.  

She wasn't sure what to make of this new...potion...it seemed pretty useless to her. Still, it was something.

Name: Distraught Discovery
Effect: After drinking the potion - the next person you kiss will share their worst memories with you, and you shall share yours with them. 
Description: The dark crimson liquid is almost black, when you open it, you smell the faint aroma of various spices. The scent reminds  you of a warm, spiced tea.

• 7 months later...

Rin walked in now feeling a bit guilty as she was going into the shop of the woman whom she had already failed to make a collar for twice as she now was seeking out a potion to help her retry for the day. She hated the in game limitations as she had the materials still to use but she just had to abide by the crazy in game rule of only being allowed to craft a certain amount of trinkets in one day. She was dressed in her rather absurd cat outfit as she also wore a mask and sighed knowing that this was going to be difficult to convey if she was going to try and stick in character to her little vigilante facade that she had been developing all this time, a rather strange cat like person who wasn't suppose to talk since her own nerves were already fragile and the purpose of this persona was to help boost her own confidence even when she was lacking it. Beneath her looking down as she hoped Esther explain the situation that a strange cat figure girl would be on the way to apologize and even pay for her gear that was going to be delayed now as she held had her hand over the col transfer when she walked in with a rather simple soft spoken.

"Hello, meow ... I umm am here to finish off a collar although I need a certain potion to help me craft more today in attempts to finish it."

Mari lifted her eyes to see someone walk in, she was dressed in some odd cat looking garb, her hands swung comically at her side, covered by giant cat paws. "Well, you're new." Mari said, not sure how else to react to the woman. "You must be the tailor, I was told you'd be coming." 

Mari pulled out a small, dust covered potion from beneath her table, "So I got this off the shelf. Its been sitting there a while, normally I'd ask a pretty penny for it, but in all honesty. I really just want the work done quickly. So here." Mari tossed the potion to the girl, an amused smile on her face. With those gloves on, surely it'd be difficult to catch it. Not that the fall would damage the potion.

Name: Crafter's Respite
Cost: 3 Slots
Cap: N/A
Effect: Instantly resets all crafting attempts, so you can craft again during the same crafting day.
Applicable to: Status Update Potion/Crystal 

Rin yelped as she saw the woman toss the potion in her general direction as she quickly made her arms out into cushions so when it was coming straight at her that she would be able to just scoop it up much like a baseball catcher. A sigh of relief now escaping her lips as she felt rather embarrassed to be doing this to her client as she was still new and really didn't have any standings to ask let alone receive a potion of this caliber for free. A quick and swift bow accompanied by a soft mew of gratitude would tell Mari that she was quite grateful for the item as she once again hastily sprinted out of the Alchemic Contagion. After all she was seeking a collar for one girl already she didn't really know the purpose but she didn't want to be in debt as well perhaps this was all some crazy thoughts though that were racing through her mind.

+1 Potion 

Spoiler
Name: Crafter's Respite
Cost: 3 Slots
Cap: N/A
Effect: Instantly resets all crafting attempts, so you can craft again during the same crafting day.
Applicable to: Status Update Potion/Crystal 

Esther wandered into the shop, doing just as Mari had asked. It was early, very early. Almost too early. However Esther was a earlybird, always rising with the sun. She was here, on this dark, dreary floor at the suggestion of Mari. Esther was walking around like a newborn kitten, and it seemed as though Mari didn't approve of that. Insisting that If she ever needed any Col, Materials or potions she were to ask, stating that she didn't really have a need for low level things like that. "Uhm, morning Mari." Esther said, hoping she wasn't too early. She paused by the potions,

"You told me to ask you if I ever needed anything right...I was wondering if  I could please get some Col to get some armor and stuff...I'll pay you back in all the materials I get and umh and anything I sell you can have that tooo."

Esther entered the shop, and, she was still wearing that damn collar around her neck, the chain hanging freely looped around - as though it were a necklace. It was a sordid reminder of Mari's stupid decision to let the girl hang around her. Mari took a deep breath, trying to remember the promise she made.

"Really....mmm....you're sh*t out of luck with potions. I don't have any, and be damned if I am giving you any recovery crystals. You don't need them. You said you wanted to be an Alchemist, go craft your own damn potions." Mari muttered. Despite her harsh words, she had bought up her HUD - "Luckily for you though, I don't see the point in Col. I feel Materials are far more valuable. Go put some armor on those pert t*ts of yours." She muttered, transferring 10,000 Col to Esther.

It was almost a fourth of what she had, but she didn't care.  Mari waved Esther off. "Now, shoo, go bother someone else with your sunshine and sparkles or whatever."

+10,000 Col to Esther

Esther's eyes widened at the incredibly generous donation that Mari had given her, she was expecting maybe a potion and 200, 300 col at the absolute most. This was over 10 X the amount she was expecting. "I ...I can't accept this!" Esther stammered, but she was already being waved out the door, she had no say in the matter. Esther furrowed her brows giving a pout. 

Mari confused her. Mari tried so hard to push Esther away, to convince her to leave ; but then she did things like this, she did things like protect her in the field with that Oikawa guy. Esther shook her head with a small smile. It just meant that  Mari was at odds with herself. Deep down, she was a good person, Esther guessed, that before all the horrendous things that happened - Mari would have been a very kind person indeed.

Esther left Mari's shop, vowing to herself taht she would work hard and ensure that Mari would smile again.

• 3 weeks later...

Domarus had given Mari enough time to work out the mechanics for his custom ordered potion.  He ended up deciding to go with the idea of a potion that removes the pain dampeners after all.  If the pain was constant, no matter how painful it was, one could overcome it.  However if the pain just became greater and greater it would be that much easier for the target to break.  He also wanted to pick up the depression potion, which would draw out the target's worst memories as well as make them feel a mix of sadness and hopelessness.  This was going to be reserved for Alisa when she was finally ready to break, at which point Domarus would give her the potion and once she broke he would rebuild her.  He felt comfortable knowing that he was prepared for anything, and he had this nagging feeling that he would be needing the torture potion sooner than he predicted.  Thus it never hurt to be prepared.  He navigated around the monsters, staying out of their aggro range, and made his way over to the tent.  He entered the tent and spotted Mari.  He knew she would want to get straight to business so he didn't beat around the bush with formalities.

"Hey.  I'm going to need the depression potion we mentioned as well as the potion that removes the pain dampeners."  He waited for her reply and to name her price.

@Mari

Edited by Domarus

Potion crafts/rolls in spoiler

Mari glanced up at Domarus. "Was wonderin' when you'd get here." She had an array of instruments out in front of her, it was clear she had been very busy. "Aren't you lucky, Domarus. You get the thrilling task of watching me craft today." She shooed him off to the corner to wait. "I'm just about to start them. So if you hold off for the moment, I will have them soon.

Mari cracked her fingers, and began to work - quick, practised movements, chopping of ingredients, and heating of bunsen burners. Despite the deft skill she had, Mari had chosen to only craft what she needed today, that was potions. No crystals for now, nothing to heal, or to increase battle damage...no...this was all for a tall order, by a tall man.

Her first potion: was 'Pain' Exactly what Domarus wanted. She finished, and rolled it unceremoniously toward him, not stopping with her work. She quickly gave her bench a single wipe, before pulling out a dangerous looking, spiky mushroom. She cut it up into pieces, and set it to boil. She added a strange green powder to the mix, which smelt like decay. she gave it a stir, and bottled it up. Making another potion. This was also one that Domarus had ordered. "Here, pain potion, memory loss potion..." 

Mari pushed that to the side too. Next up. The depression potion. She pulled out bio luminescent weeds, and started to cut them up. Throwing them into the bunsen burner. Thick black smoke billowed forth. "Well sh*t." Mari picked up the hot jar, and threw it over her shoulder. Quickly replacing it with a new one. "Let's try that again mm"

She repeated her previous actions, this time placing the heat on a low setting. She created a memory loss potion. Something that Domarus had suggested, and rolled it over to the edge of the table. 

IT was almost like a production line, the quick work of her fingers, the way she shoved completely potions unceremoniously to the side.  "I suppose....I should make a few antidotes whilst I'm at it." Just as quickly as she had said it she finished making them. A new set, slightly improved from her previous concoction.

Finally, Domarus wanted his potion that induced sadness, so - she gave him just that. with her 'Grief Seed'.

"Lessie, two personal orders. Normally 500 Col." Mari paused, "But I hear you've been taking care of Esther, so make it 450."

@Domarus

Attempt #1
ID: 68361 CD: 11 = Rare 
Item: Pain
Qaulity: Rare (RP fodder)
Description: A almost transparent liquid, it has the faintest of red tinge, but it is odourless, and flavourless.
Effect: Decreases the pain dampeners. This is a high quality potion, and can last anywhere from 5 posts up to a thread.

Attempt #2
ID: 68362 CD: 6 = Good
Item: Memory loss
Qaulity: Good
Description: A almost transparent liquid, it has the faintest of green tinge, it smells a little like the forest, and tastes slightly bitter.
Effect: Makes the drinker forget the last 12-24 hours depending on dosage, and willpower of the user. (either 10 posts or a thread)

Attempt #3
ID: 68363 CD: 3= Bad
-Fail-

Attempt #4
ID: 68364 CD: 6 = Good
Item: Memory loss
Description: A almost transparent liquid, it has the faintest of green tinge, it smells a little like the forest, and tastes slightly bitter.
Effect: Makes the drinker forget the last 12-24 hours depending on dosage, and willpower of the user. (either 10 posts or a thread)

Attempt #5
ID: 68365 CD: 8 = Uncommon
Item: Mari's cure
Qaulity: Good/Uncommon
Description: Only 1/4 of the vial is filled, it smells like alcohol, and almost tastes like alcohol..
Effect: Cures all 'Good' tier potion effects created by Mari. May cure effects from other potions. Results vary.

Attempt #6
ID: 68366 CD: 6 = Good
Item: Mari's cure
Description: Only 1/4 of the vial is filled, it smells like alcohol, and almost tastes like alcohol..
Effect: Cures all 'Good' tier potion effects created by Mari. May cure effects from other potions. Results vary.

Attempt #7
ID: 68367 ID: CD:7 = Good
Item: Grief Seed
Description: It's contents are black. No taste. No Odour. 
Effect: The drinker falls into a great depression for a number of posts (3-6 posts)

Total Materials used: 8 
Total exp gained: 16

Domarus leaned against the corner and watched as the alchemist did her work.  He watched her succeed almost every time and fail only once.  He was very impressed with her work and saw her take his suggestion and made several memory wipe potions.  He made a note that she made antidotes closely afterwards.  She finished the two potions he requested and gestured him over.  Domarus approached and observed the two potions before looking at Mari again.  He listened to her words and nodded as she mentioned Esther.

"That's all I would ever do Mari.  Anyone who would lay a finger on her will face my wrath."  While this may have sounded pathetic coming from a low level player he did now have the torture potion.  He thought about it and decided that it's main purpose could be a sort of...  Persuasive method to keep others from doing what they had done twice.  In fact.  After he was through with them they would wish they had never been born.  They would seek death but Domarus would not let them find it.  He would hurt them in every way, break them in any way, and when he was finally done with them, he'd let them go with a permanent scar using the skills he used for removing tattoos at his shop.  A scar that only they would be able to see unless they wished to be embarrassed.  He nodded to Mari and transferred the col, picking up the two potions and placing them in his inventory.

"I'll put these potions to good use.  Thank you Mari and a pleasure doing business with you."  He turned to walk out of the tent.  Little did he know that he'd be using the torture potion much sooner than he'd realize.

-450 col

+Pain

+Grief Seed

• 2 weeks later...

Itzal walked through the black floor marking his map.  He wanted to get this entire floor drawn out quickly so that he could navigate easier through the darkness until he gained the night vision skill.  Now that he had grandmastered his sword however he could really focus on search and detect so it shouldn't take too long.  As he drew out the map he noticed a light.  He narrowed his eyes until he made out the tent like features.  A tent?  He could only assume that it was either a house of some sort, or a shop.  Most likely the latter.  He made his way down there and approached the tent.  He began to make out multiple smells and as he was overwhelmed with the amount he guessed that it was an alchemist shop.  He thought for a moment.  Yeah, I could use an order actually.  Itzal entered the tent and looked around curiously.  He thought the firefly's in the jars was genius.  It gave a nice touch to the room as well.  He then noticed the player and her glowing eyes.  It was too dim for him to see the orange cursor but even if he had he wouldn't be too worried.  He noticed the alchemic set up behind her and knew that she was an inventor.  He did not turn away or even think of doing so.  When she asked if she could help him he nodded.  "Yes miss.  If it's alright with you I'd like to purchase two teleport crystals.  Just in case.  I'm a cautious guy after all." 

@Mari

• 2 months later...

Mari went through the motions of the exchange, as though she weren't really there. Her mind was elsewhere. Focused on more important things than trivial day to day activities such as running a shop she no longer cared about. 

When was the last time I cared about anything

She thought bitterly to herself.

"mmm. That's fine." She mused.

"It never hurts to be safe, especially in this f**ked up place." She said. Handing Itzal the crystals. "Just you watch, yer best friend will straight up stab you in the back. Attempt to rip everything you own from your dying, trembling fingers - all the while laughing about it."

Amari took her money, and waved the poor lad off.

• 3 years later...

Destroyed.

Everything had been destroyed. ALL her stock, all her potions, the good 40 Crystals that she had. It all had to go. Because it was outdated. Items floating around in a system that no longer supported it. "God f**king dammit..."  Mari muttered. She had so many good items, only for them to be ruined. It was a shame she couldn't do anything about it...but - it was just another drawback in her path to redemption and recovery.

Mari entered her tent, and had spent the last hour cleaning all the dust from the shelves and her equipment. Now, she sat in front of the bubbling brews and liquids - with the pittance of her materials laid out before her. "Right...let's see, the only way to get back into it...is to just do it I guess..."

Craft Attempt 1
ID#134118   | CD: 4  LD: 15
Salvage: Keep Materials on LD 11
-No loss of Material

Craft Attempt 2
ID#134119   | CD: 6  LD: 17
LD 17:  +1 Extra Item
-Uncommon Item
2 X +1 Damage Potion T1

Craft Attempt 3
ID#134120   | CD: 10  LD: 14
-Rare Item
Effect: Prevent 20  damage from successful attacks against you. Effect lasts for one thread.

Craft Attempt 4
ID# 134121  | CD:7   LD: 18
LD 17:  +2 Extra Items
-Uncommon Item 
X2   +1 T2 Damage Potion

Craft Attempt 5
ID# 134122  | CD: 2  LD: 14
FAIL

Craft Attempt 6
ID# 134123  | CD: 4  LD:11 
Salvage: Keep Materials on LD 11
-No loss of Material

Craft Attempt 7
ID# 134124  | CD:11   LD:1 
-Rare Item 
Effect: Prevent 20  damage from successful attacks against you. Effect lasts for one thread.

___
1 X T1 Mat sent to Banker
4 X T2 Mat sent to Banker

Edited by Mari
  • 1 month later...

Craft Attempt 1
ID# 136997 | CD:8  LD: 6
Uncommon Item
 +1 Damage Crystal  T1

Craft Attempt 2
ID#136999 | CD:4  LD:16 
Salvage: Keep Materials on LD 11  - Keep both on LD15+