[F10-R7] Alchemic Contagion -PK Accessibe

ID:12515 CD: 7

32 Materials

ID:12515 CD: 7

32 Materials

Mari had opened up a suggestion box to see what the customer demand was for items; and one of them....one of them was just so unbelievably odd so odd that she just had to make it to see if she actually could make it. Mari wasn't quite sure how to start making something like this - most of her materials were things that induced negative repercussions rather than positive. Still; where there was a will - there was a way. 

Mari added in yellow butterfly wings, yellow sap, crushed zoisite, and a strange milk like substance together in a small cauldron - once it smelt like cheesecake - she started mixing it till it had a thicker consistency. It seemed to work... Mari gave the vial a questioning look - before placing it to the side.

Name: Cheesecake Curse

Effect:
 Once you drink this potion everything you consume will taste exactly like cheesecake.Takes a post turn to use. Warning: This is permanent unless you use Soothing Salve found in 'Alchemic Contagion'

Description: This delicious drink tastes like cheesecake...no wait...now everything tastes like cheesecake! You better like cheesecake because this seems to be permanent...if only there was a cure.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID:12516 CD: 5

31 Materials

Good

Another suggestion Mari recieved; funnily enough - was to create a Honey substance that was the opposite of Calming Honey. Mari grinned; this would be more interesting than some cheesecake curse. Mari decided to use a mixture of the strange red, sticky flowers and the dark, crimson sap from the other tree she found on the third floor. The results? Let's just say Mari couldn't be more pleased with them.

Name: Disconcerting Honey

Effect: Once you drink this potion you feel nervous and anxious, Drinking this whilst under the influence of 'Calming Honey' will negate its effects.. Lasts 10 Posts

Description: This strange red honey tastes delicious, but leaves an almost burning after taste. It's effects are the exact opposite of the 'Calming Honey' As you drink it you feel very warm and anxious - you begin to worry yourself with the smallest of details, and grow anxious. 

ID:12517 CD: 3

30 Materials

Mari was on a roll, she had created a few new interesting crafts today; and it was somewhat liberating. Better than making the same ol' things day in and day out. She was motivated; and wanted to do more but her enthusiasm toward her profession was her downfall. Mari had left the bunsen burner burning at a high flame, and it had burnt what materials she was working on. She gave a disgruntled sigh as she trashed them.
What a waste.

ID:12518 CD: 8

29 Materials

Mari sighed; she wasn't planning on crafting any recovery crystals today - however she did recall promising making more potions that helped increase damage. So that is exactly what she did. Mari rubbed her eyes; it had been some time since she made the last one - which she had made for herself. These potions were a little more complicated than the healing crystals; she would have to charge a little more for them. Mari bit her lower lip as she finally managed to get the mixture right. Breathing a sigh of relief. She put it to the side; blinking...Mari noticed she had ranked up her Alchemy Skill.

"Good, means I can squeeze in one more today..." She muttered thoughtfully.

Name: Cutting Edge I

Effect:Damage Increase (Potion): Each enhancement slot used will add +1 Damage (Ignoring Enhancement Caps) This potion gives +1 Damage for the duration of the next battle the user is in. Takes a post turn to use.

Description: A strange, fizzy fluorescent yellow potion that you coat your weapon with. It crackles and dissolves. Your weapon looks sharper! Nice!

ID:12518 CD: 8

ID:12519 CD: 5

28 Materials

Mari decided to work on her last request; an interesting one. A player wanted to be able to communicate with mobs - Mari figured that it would be near impossible to communicate with them - but understanding them? That seemed doable - Mari worked hard, mixing various elixers together. There was lots of...blood involved, and fragments of monsters and mobs since gone. The potion started to pop and fizz, but it didn't exactly seem like it would taste very nice. So Mari threw in a handful of berries - just to add that extra flavour filled kick that most would like. 

Name: Muttering Mobs

Effect:
This potion allows you to understand hostile mobs, and what they are saying! This does not allow you to communicate with them, simply understand them. Some may be more talkative and smart than others! This takes a post action to use. Lasts a single thread.

Description: This light blue potion is fizzy and tastes like wild-berries. As you swallow it the fizzy bubbles tickle your nose and even your ears, you swear you can hear someone talking! But there are no people around you...how strange.

ID:12600  Craft: 5

28 Materials + 17 -1 =

44 Materials

To start the day off, Mari couldn't be bothered thinking up of a new concoction, she wanted to stick to familiar territory; but not too familiar. So recovery crystals and Calming Honey - two of her most crafted items, were out of the picture. Instead Mari chose to create Disconcerting Honey. A sweet tasting concoction that would either help you negate the effects of Calming Honey - or send you into a spiralling whirlwind of concern and worry.

It was a shame there weren't more devious people within Aincrad; perhaps Mari would sell more things.

Name: Disconcerting Honey

Effect: Once you drink this potion you feel nervous and anxious, Drinking this whilst under the influence of 'Calming Honey' will negate its effects.. Lasts 10 Posts

Description: This strange red honey tastes delicious, but leaves an almost burning after taste. It's effects are the exact opposite of the 'Calming Honey' As you drink it you feel very warm and anxious - you begin to worry yourself with the smallest of details, and grow anxious. 

ID:12601 Craft: 10

43 Materials

Now that Mari had warmed up it was time to get some real crafting done; true to her word Mari decided to lay off the recovery crystals, in hopes that Azide would finish filling those orders. As it stood now; the two groups had at least five between each group; and a few group healing ones on top of that. Now - Mari wanted to focus on a few items that would increase their potential attacking power. She had one herself; and had already crafted one; there were approximately 8 people in the battle. So she, if she was lucky could quite possibly craft enough for each person there.

"Wonder if they will bother paying me...ugh...I am being generous..." 

Name: Cutting Edge II

Effect:Damage Increase (Potion): Each enhancement slot used will add +1 Damage (Ignoring Enhancement Caps) This potion gives +1 Damage for the duration of the next battle the user is in. Takes a post turn to use.

Description: A strange, fizzy fluorescent yellow potion that you coat your weapon with. It crackles and dissolves. Your weapon looks sharper! Nice!

ID:12602 Craft: 1

42 Materials

Mari had a bad habbit of accidentally leaving the burner on when she stood up to put away her previous crafts. It was one she knew she needed to break but hindsight was one of those unfortunate things. This was another time where Mari had put away her crafts; only to come back to a melted black blob, completely useless, sitting in the bottom of a vial. With an angry sigh Mari tossed the entire thing out. At least those circumstances tended to be few and far between...

ID:12604 Craft: 7

41 Materials

Mari decided to make some more Calming Honey; just for the hell of it. After all - she did tell herself that she would have at least 

5 in stock at all times, and her current stock levels had it set at 4. Calming Honey was something she had such experience with crafting taht she barely needed to pay heed to what she was doing, in a matter of mere seconds, that's right...seconds...she had completed the addicting concoction. 

Name: Calming Honey
Effect: This liquid helps soothe uneasy feelings. Feelings of doubt, sadness and fear. If you drink it you will feel calm and strangely content. This lasts for 10 posts. Warning: Calming Honey is an addictive substance, continued use will cause addiction
Description: This strange liquid is a blood orange colour, it smells like cinnamon, but tastes like honey? Weird! As you drink it you feel very warm and calm. There is a small warning label on the side; that says that it is an addictive substance, but how can that be true?

ID:12605 Craft: 11

40 Materials

After messing around with other crafts to clear her head after that not-so-graceful failure Mari wanted to concentrate on another damage dealing potion, she felt she was getting pretty good at crafting them. The potion could easily be changed as so many elements she held had negative properties. She had another successful potion. The others in the upcoming battle would be grateful. They better be grateful. 

Name: Cutting Edge II

ID:12606  Craft: 2

39 Materials

With great success comes great failure...or was it to succed one must first fail? Whatever the phrase was, it was somewhat applicable to Mari's situation. Mari wanted to finish the day off with a bang. A Figurative bang. Not a god damned literal one. Mari had mixed in some red dust from the volcanoes of the 9th floor in with golden desert sand from the 5th floor - and it blew up in her face. Mari stumbled back, coughing as she frantically waved her hand trying to clear the smoke.

It'd be a shame if someone were to come into the store right now and see her in such disarray.

Baldur pushed his way into the ominous looking test. When he got closer to it, the tent appeared to be stained with a coppery substance on the outside. Pulling his hand away, he looked around the glowing lights of the alchemy shop he had heard about.

"Hello?" The dark haired player called out with a slight unsure waiver in his voice.

At the sight of movement he noticed a pink haired girl working diligently away at her trade when it literally blew up in her face with a puff of smoke.

"er... umm... sorry." He tried to smile in a friendly manner as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"I have come looking for some healing crystals. Preferably the kind that can heal a whole group. I was told you might have some... I would like two of them, if you do."

Mari was a tad grumpy; she had missed two solid days of crafting. That was a total of 12 possible items for her shop. Still...she couldn't help being tied up in other matters. Glowing green eyes looked up; as she heard a lilting hello - wavering with uncertainty. She raised an eyebrow as the dark haired youth then apologized. Was it because he had seen her mishap earlier? Who knew.

"Hello." Mari said in a calm voice as she forced the corner of her lips up into an unnerving smile. "I do have some." She paused, her eyes flashing to the guild symbol next to his health bar, "But not for you. I know this is grossly limiting my trade - but I am saving high tier healing items for those who are participating in the upcoming boss battle. As you are a member of Azure Brigade - I know that you will not be participating. Once the battle begins - any remaining stock will be available to purchase. Until then." 

Mari gave a small shrug, "I cannot help you with your request, I can however - place you on a waiting list to purchase some in the future, the other alchemist is also working hard crafting for the boss battle - so I doubt you'd get any from him either." 

Mari didn't mean to sound harsh nor cold; rather she was attempting to save the man some time, "Sorry for the inconvenience - if there is anything else you wish to purchase please do not hesitate to do so."

Baldur frowned when she said she didn't have any for him. He could certainly understand where she was coming from, as far as needing to prepare for the boss battle, but he had people he needed to keep alive as well. He nodded solemnly and then turned to go, but as he opened his mouth to say farewell, he instead changed what he was going to say.

"If I were able to pay with some materials, could I perhaps get just one?"

He hoped it would be a difficult decision for her. She was obviously still madly crafting, and if she was at all like Tyger, she was short more on materials on than on Col. She may be loathe to part with a healing crystal for Col, but with materials she could make far more than she would sell to him.

The man frowned, which was to be expected - he had just been told that if he wanted any sort of healing item he was, to put it in its simplest terms; sh*t out of luck. His best bet would be to go to a merchant and purchase health potions; which weren't as strong - and generally took a longer time to use. He turned to leave but paused - asking if he could just get one whilst paying for some materials.

"I generally ask for 5 materials for the 'Health Halation' crystal, but I am going to tax you an extra material, since there is a boss battle on." Mari shifted from out behind the counter; heading over to the cabinet that housed all the crystals. She unlocked it with a small key and handed one to him - "Its a shame..." She muttered with a sigh. "That no one from Azure can participate - It would have been nice to fight alongside some of you - still...I am not one to question your....councils decision. If you want it; its 6 Materials. If you want to barter  do so now."

Baldur let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding as he turned back to face the pink haired girl. He knew she was in a hard place, apparently especially because of his new guild's politics. In a moments twinge of regret, he did miss the days with the Guardians. They had been almost universally loved, and Lessa's shining idealism had been something that had struck a chord with Baldur, but as he had yet to partake in an floor clearing mission, he couldn't judge the politics of his leaders, even if the idea of staying away and letting people fight on their own did strike him as regrettable. It was beyond Baldur's control.

"That sounds fair enough, but I am afraid my negotiating standpoint is one of necessity." Baldur swiped down to open up his UI and he navigated through it easily to pull up his inventory, "I am afraid I only have 5 materials to trade." He looked up from his inventory to the alchemist with regret plain on his eyes. She gets the sense that he would have gladly paid her tax if he could have, but instead he could only hope that she would not turn him away for the sake of a single material. He wanted this crystal so that he could keep his friends alive for what they faced ahead, and this was his last chance.

Mari scratched her cheek; it seemed he was interested - but couldn't pay the extra material. Mari was a hard ass, a shrewd business woman, but she also knew that some business was better than no business. "I don't know you - but I think you folks in Azure got major screwed over - so I guess I can ignore the 'tax' this time." She said with a wry grin. Bringing up the menu to charge him 5 Materials. 

"You are very insistent - so I assume whatever it is ya got goin' on its important." Mari added, as she sat cross-legged on on the floor behind the low counter of her store.

Name: Health Halation Crystal
Effect: Mass HP Recovery (Crystal only):This effect takes 3 enhancement slots. This effect mass heals the whole party, healing each player in the battle for +5 HP.
Description: The Crystal glows a bright, beautiful golden colour. It feels warm in your hand, and you know using it is not only going to help you, but those around you. What a good Samaritan! 

ID: 12749  CD: 12

Materials: 38

"Excuse me a moment..." Mar muttered, whilst she let the man decide what he wanted to do she decided she would craft another crystal; specifically to replace the one that he had bought - with quick deft hands she placed the crystal holder into it's place on the alchemy bench - over a low burning bunsen burner flame - she then placed a clear quartz into that.

She set a drip of pure water onto it; and started adding various ingredients; honey, yellow butterfly wings - a sparkling dust - just to name a few. There was a puff of golden smoke and Mari placed it to the side before glancing over her shoulder.

"Just to replace the one you bought." She said simply; as though crafting such a perfect quality item was an easy feat for her.

Name: Health Halation Crystal
Effect: Mass HP Recovery (Crystal only):This effect takes 3 enhancement slots. This effect mass heals the whole party, healing each player in the battle for +5 HP.
Description: The Crystal glows a bright, beautiful golden colour. It feels warm in your hand, and you know using it is not only going to help you, but those around you. What a good Samaritan! 

ID: 12750 CD:10

Materials: 37

Mari turned back to her crafts; and started working again; on yet another recovery crystal; she knew that Azide was working on recovery items, but Mari felt uncomfortable having little in stock; after taking some for herself. She had hoped that those who will be participating in the battle come in and buy some crystals for themselves...they would most certainly need it. She would be very pissed if people just expected free hand outs. She finished yet another crystal and placed it to the side, every so often she would glance over her shoulder to check in on Baldur - who was still in her store.

Name: Recovery Crystal II

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 10 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description:

This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID:12751 CD: 3
Materials 36

Mari sighed; as she decided to make a new item; at her current rank she was able to make a special crystal that would reset her crafting attempts for the day - and she wanted to try it: and use it to make up for her lack of crafting earlier. However - she couldn't seem to get it right and was left with a foul smelling black sludge. "Sorry 'bout that." She called out to Baldur over her shoulder, as she threw it in a basket under the bench. She would attempt to salvage it later.

Black Sludge
Effect: None
Description: Pee-Yew! This stinks! A useless sludge, unavailable for sale. Can only be salvaged for Materials.