[F10-R7] Alchemic Contagion -PK Accessibe

ID: 12752 CD:11
Materials: 35

Mari decided to try a different concoction. She had healing crystals, potions that helped increase damage and armor - crystals that healed the entire party, and an array of interesting and perplexing potions that addled the mind with an array of various illusions, dreams, and emotions. 

But Mari decided to try something different; to make a crystal that increased health. She started with the same process she had with the health Halation crystal - but with a minute difference - rather than adding the yellow butterfly wings she added blue; and - unfortunately....she was not successful. Slightly off the mark - she had created another recovery crystal. Still; she couldn't complain.

"You know..." Mari said, turning to glance at Baldur. "I could probably sell you one of these too...I do have a surplus of them."

Name: Recovery Crystal II
Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 10 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description: This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 12753 CD: 11
Materials 34

Mari decided to go back on track; crafting up damage mitigation or weapon enhancements - those she wouldn't limit to the battle - but it would be useful in the battle. She had made potions of the same caliber - but had yet to try making crystals. Which would be far, far more useful in battle. Mari attempted to make a crystal version of it - and was successful. She gave a wry grin. Happy with her achievement as she placed that too, to the side.

Name: Thick skinned Crystal II
Rank Uncommon
EffectDamage Mitigation Increase (Crystal): Adds +1 Damage Mitigation (Ignoring Enhancement Caps). This potion will add +2 Damage Mitigation to the user for the duration of the next battle. Takes a post action to use.
Description: Why does it look like chocolate? Why does this smell like chocolate? Why does it taste like chocolate? Who knows! But once you drink it you feel thick skinned, like you can take on the world!

ID:12754 CD: 2

Materials: 34

Her last craft of the day was a failure; Mari kept glancing over her shoulder at her customer - who had yet to make a decision on the health crystal; and it began to unnerve her - she didn't like it when her back was turned on others. Her constant glancing over her shoulder caused her to burn the herbs she had in the water. She cursed under her breath and decided that was enough of that today. She turned back to face Baldur, addressing him once more.

"So 5 Materials will do for you?"

Mari scratched her cheek; it seemed he was interested - but couldn't pay the extra material. Mari was a hard ass, a shrewd business woman, but she also knew that some business was better than no business. "I don't know you - but I think you folks in Azure got major screwed over - so I guess I can ignore the 'tax' this time." She said with a wry grin. Bringing up the menu to charge him 5 Materials. 

"You are very insistent - so I assume whatever it is ya got goin' on its important." Mari added, as she sat cross-legged on on the floor behind the low counter of her store.

Baldur smiled when she acquiesced. He watched as she went about crafting a replacement for what he was planning on buying, and she even offered him a different crystal as well. It would be a good idea and couldn't hurt. The more healing items the better, and crystals were much more efficient. Navigating his menu, he opened up a trade window with Mari and transferred his 5 mats and 500 Col for the Recovery Crystal II that she had just made.

"Thank you very much, I appreciate your understanding."

Once the trade was complete, he offered her a smile and a small, respectful bow, before turning and heading back out of the tent.

-5 Mats

-500 Col

+1 Recovery Crystal II

+1 Health Halation Crystal

ID:12760 CD: 5
Materials: 38

Mari gave him a small wave as he left; placing the Col away in her inventory. Now that he was gone...she pulled out the paper bag that held the buttery croissant. Thanks to him, the croissant basically was paid for. She had earned back the Col she had spent that day, Mari chewed thoughtfully on the croissant. It was still warm, and oozing with a golden buttery tang. Mari allowed her eyes to briefly flutter close as she realized how much she missed the taste of such things. One she had eaten it she was ready to craft again.

Mari wanted to try something new; her calming honey was one thing - heck she even had a disconcerting honey; but she wanted to experiment more, this time she'd make a liquid that simply made one feel...happy...

That is exactly what she did; she started off with a 'calming honey' base - but added in honey to top the vial up, chocolate made everythin better. 

-1 Buttery Croissant (+1 Craft attempt)
+5 Materials
+500 Col

Name: Happy Honey
Effect: Drinking this makes you feel happy and giddy, unlike calming honey this has no negative side effects. Warning: continued use will cause addiction.
Description: This Honey smells like a field of flowers, and tastes sweet, a mixture of chocolate and honey. The top half is filled with an ozing warm chocolate and the bottom half of the vial is filled with sweet honey. How wonderful.

ID: 12827 CD: 10
Materials: 37

It was a new day, and a new day meant new crafts; Mari hadn't heard much from Azide; and was slightly concerned by his silence- was he not taking the preparation for battle seriously? Mari was now a little short on Recovery Crystals - having sold one to Baldur, and using one on Syo, since he foolishly attempted to fight someone three times his level. Mari deftly, and efficiently crafted the crystal. This was like child's play to her.

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 10 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description:

This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID: 12829 CD:  10
Materials: 36

Placing the first Crystal to the side; Mari figured she may as well create another - she would like to have at least 5 in her store stock and inventory at all times. She held onto three herself - but wanted the shop good and ready for when those participating in the boss battle came her way. In a sense, Mari was concerned that no one had bought anything yet. The boss battle was only a little over a week away. 

Mari deftly created another Recovery Crystal; utilizing her clear quartz and various other healing elements such as honey, yellow butterfly wings and a soothing golden dust, all mixed in with purified waters and salves.

Description:

This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID: 12830 CD: 6
Materials: 35

Mari didn't like overworking herself; or burning herself out by repeatedly making the same item over and over again. That was a sure fire way to fail. So, taking a quick reprise from her healing Crystals Mari decided to make another 'Soothing Salve' she only had the one in stock; and again - wanted to slowly bring all of her current potions, crafts and crystals to a good, round number of 5 per item.

Soothing Salve had its uses; and it was minty fresh! Surely someone would buy it. Perhaps someone would want to try calming honey, but are concerned by its effects - having this on hand would easily cure what ails them.

"Wonder if I should have a spokesperson..." Mari muttered to herself.

Name: Soothing Salve

Effect: Under the influence of one of Mari's concoctions? Have no fear; this minty, soothing salve will cure all that ails you. Also cures cursed potions from 'Alchemic Contagion' does not work on potions from other Alchemists.

Description: 

This potion is a mint green colour; and tastes minty fresh. If you  drink this quick enough it stops the effects of Mari's potions. It also cures any curses that may have been drunk by a player. What a relief!

ID: 12831 CD: 6
Materials: 34

Mari realized that her previous attempt at making Soothing Salve yielded enough produce to create a second vial. She had added too many ingredients to the first batch. That was of no concern to her. She was easily able to bottle this lot up; in a way - it was two for the price of one.  Mari stood, giving a small yawn. She was just over halfway through her crafts for the day. Mari swooped up the crystals and salves she had worked on and placed them on the shelves before plonking herself back down in front of her crafting bench.

Name: Soothing Salve

Effect: Under the influence of one of Mari's concoctions? Have no fear; this minty, soothing salve will cure all that ails you. Also cures cursed potions from 'Alchemic Contagion' does not work on potions from other Alchemists.

Description: 

This potion is a mint green colour; and tastes minty fresh. If you  drink this quick enough it stops the effects of Mari's potions. It also cures any curses that may have been drunk by a player. What a relief!

ID: 12832 CD: 4
Materials: 33

As Mari came back to her bench she realized something; something that she did all  too often yet STILL managed to find a way to have it occur to her, at least once a day. She left the damn burner on - this time she burnt a hole right through her pot. "Really? Mari?" She asked herself as she picked it up, peering through the blackened hole. "Just once I'd like to have this not happen..." She grumbled. "But noooo you gotta cleaaaan  as you goooo seriously Mari - can't it kill you to leave it till the end so this DOESN'T happen?" 

ID:12833 CD: 2
Materials: 32

Mari sighed, clearly agitated at her previous faux paux. It was enough agitation to cause her to knock over her cauldron of bubbling salve as she was cleaning around it. "Oh for f**k....screw this..." She muttered, as she shook her arm - the salve had landed on it, and she was covered in a minty green ooze. She started wiping it off her arm and then the bench. Mari was pissed and a part of her just wanted to up and leave - but her meticulous trait just wouldn't let her, not until the entire bench was pristine and clean once more.

Calrex parted the flap that was the entrance to Alchemic Contagion as he made his way inside. This time though he wasn't coming in to deliver materials. He was actually looking to purchase something.

"I am still relieved that I took <<Night Vision>>. If I hadn't I'd probably be tripping left and right in here."

As he began looking around all of a sudden he heard the sound of liquid quickly escaping some kind of basin as he looked towards the back, "Uh...what just happened back there?"

He gave a small sigh as he browsed through the Healing, Status Debuff, Weapon Enhancement, and Armor Enhancement parts of the tent, "Let's see, I was planning on just getting a stronger Healing Crystal and bing on my way, but I never actually took a look at what else Mari had in here."

His eyes stopped at a area labeled "Miscellaneous Oddities," piquing his curiosity as he checked what each one had on it.

"Soothing Salve...Truth Serum...Calming Honey...are these supposed to be used outside of combat? The effects definitely don't fall under something that would be useful while battling monster...well...maybe this one? Muttering Mobs...so you can hear the monsters talk?"

He put a hand behind his head as he continued to view the descriptions of each one.

"God damn it..." he muttered; his arms flailed about in a desperate attempt to steady himself. Azide stumbled through the flaps of a tent he'd barely even been able to find. As his arms parted the thick fabric, he was surprised to find that his shoes sank into plush-covered floors. The lighting was on the fainter side, but it was enough that he couldn't help but notice the clashing assortment of rugs and pillows that covered the ground. "Either the construction budget was a little tight, or she's just into the whole kitsch decor thing. Funny- I didn't picture either of those from a girl like her," he mused.

He gave an obligatory nod to the other male player already inside- a customary tradition among their type- before turning his attention to the girl sitting behind the desk. The soft green glow that emanated from her eyes gave her an almost sinister appearance as she sat there  in the dark, under that telltale cursor. But he'd spent enough time around their sort to realize that most of them were more stable than one would assume.

"I'm afraid I'm not here to buy anything," he said, taking a few steps inside. With a shake of his head, he added, "I came here out of courtesy. At the moment, I have 51 healing crystals ready to go- albeit with the understanding that the vast majority of them will be going to Square One's three participants. That said, the three lowest leveled players of the raid are already taken care of, leaving four remaining members of the squad." He aimed a sideways glance at the glass case that stood to his right and pointed to it with curled fingers and an outstretched thumb. "So with that out of the way, how's your stock doing, Mari?"

Mari noticed Calrex enter her store; at first she thought he was going to drop off another group of Materials

was actually looking to purchase something. Mari grinned, "Ello there Calrex." She greeted him in an amused tone. He seemed to be interested in the shelf with all the miscellaneous items. "Those items  affect the mind and body; not to be used in battle." Mari shrugged; "Well, I suppose​ you could - but I wouldn't recommend it, imagine using something like Calming Honey before a battle!" Mari gave a callous laugh. "Just imagine that."

She blinked; even going as far as to stand up when Azide came in. It was rare for her to see another Alchemist in her store, was this about the upcoming boss battle? Her question was quickly answered as Azide stated he currently held 51 healing crystals - be they low rank, high rank - or party healing...Mari wasn't sure. But it was a hefty amount. "Jeez..." Mari muttered, as she ran her hand through her hair. "Yer killing me. How am I meant to sell any crystals if you're crafting them up at that rate?" Mari shrugged; "Daeron bought out most of my stock, but I still have around 12 - give or take. I've started making damage and weapon enhancements instead." 

The woman turned her attention back on Calrex; "So, what yer interested in?" 

"Huh, I had a suspicion that these weren't for battle, but thanks for the confirmation. And hello of course."

Calrex turned as he gave a friendly smile to respond to Mari's greeting and explanation, "Well, I originally walked in to get one of your Recovery Crystal II's, but since I usually spend such a short time inside I figured to take a look around. This particular spot drew me because it seemed like something out of the ordinary. Although..."

He pointed over to the Obsessive Allure potion, "...seems like it could cause some very awkward situations if used improperly I would suspect."

"Although I think I wouldn't need to use it on Teayre, and she wouldn't exactly need to use it on me."

"In any case how's business? Sorry I haven't gotten you the rest of the your order yet. I've been having some bad luck as of late with procuring any materials. It makes me wonder if I've been searching the wrong floor or something."

Mari grinned; "Well, since my compainion here..." She paused, stepping closer to Azide to allow her hand to rest on the mid of his back. "Seems to have most things set for the battle ahead; I can sell you recovery crystals. Or something more intriguing." Mari removed her hand from Azide's back, slowly - her blue eyes; glimmering a soft green glancing over at him as he offered her fellow alchemist a small wink.

Approachin Calrex Mari placed her hands on his shoulders. "Mayhaps it would - although who uses it, for what reasons; isn't my business or concern. Anything else interest you? Or perhaps I can craft up something specially for you?" 

ID: 12887 CD: 9
Materials: 31

"Well, I need to take care of some crafts; do feel free to chat..or something." Mari added in a dull tone as she stepped in behind her counter. She started by grabbing a crystal base, so Azide had made a sh*t tonne of recovery crystals for the battle? That was fine...Mari would begin to make some other enhancements. Including one that would help with damage, and that is exactly what she did.

Name: Cutting Edge I

Effect:Damage Increase (Crystal): Each enhancement slot used will add +1 Damage (Ignoring Enhancement Caps) This potion gives +1 Damage for the duration of the next battle the user is in. Takes a post turn to use.

Description: A strange, fizzy fluorescent yellow potion that you coat your weapon with. It crackles and dissolves. Your weapon looks sharper! Nice!

ID: 12888 CD: 10
Materials: 30

Placing one crystal aside Mari deftly went to work on another; this one yet again increasing the potential damage someone could do. This crystal was slightly more potent than the last, which would be useful..if someone would purchase any that is. Mari found that her miscellaneous oddities sold better than anything else in her store. Funnily enough. One would think that the better, more powerful items would sell better, she guessed not.

Name: Cutting Edge II

Effect:Damage Increase (Potion): Each enhancement slot used will add +1 Damage (Ignoring Enhancement Caps) This potion gives +1 Damage for the duration of the next battle the user is in. Takes a post turn to use.

Description: A strange, fizzy fluorescent yellow potion that you coat your weapon with. It crackles and dissolves. Your weapon looks sharper! Nice!

ID: 12889 CD: 3
Materials: 29

Every so often Mari would glance over her shoulder to ensure that the other two were still being civil in her store. She wasn't worried about them stealing everything; all the expensive items were locked up in a cabinet; and the others - let's just say no one would be stupid enough to steal from Mari. Unfortunately Mari screwed up a crafting attempt; having spent too long staring at her customers. She burnt the herbs she was brewing. "Ugh...useless..." She muttered as she binned the contents.

ID: 12890 CD: 1
Materials: 28

The cauldron began to boil over; and Mari bit her lower lip. She took the cauldron off the heat before it could completely boil over and explode. She tipped it's contents down the sink with a heavy sigh. It was such a waste; what was worse, was that she had two, no doubt nosey onlookers. One of which was a fellow alchemist, who Mari just failed two craft attempts in front of. Great, just great...