[F10-R7] Alchemic Contagion -PK Accessibe

Rank 7: Mentor Alchemist |   CRAFT T1-T7 EQUIPMENT |  Exp: 823/1279 EXP   |  (8 Crafts per day)

ALCHEMIC CONTAGION

On your way to the starter town on the 10th floor you notice a glow, a faint yellow glow. As you near it, you find that it is a large tent; with a flap open that sits just outside the safe zone. Since the floor is in near perpetual darkness you don't notice the stains on the outside of the tent, the blood and dirt - as though the thing was dragged through a warzone before being hastily set up. You smell an array of odd scents; flowery herbs, burnt charcoal and others you can't quite put your finger on.

As you enter the tent you squint to see, the light source seems to have come from jars, filled with fireflies that are threaded along the low ceiling. The inside of the tents floor is covered in various mismatched rugs and pillows, it looks comfortable. On the left side of the tent is an old, mahogany table filled with various vials and bottles, with faded labels on them. 

On the right side; is a locked glass display case that has a variety of crystals, also labelled. The back of the tent has a small table, that serves as a sort of 'counter' behind it sits a very dark looking orange haired woman; whose blue eyes glimmer faintly in the waltzing lights above.

Behind her you notice what looks like a scientific set up - there are test tubes, vials, bottles, and a few Bunsen burners, sitting underneath various liquids that are bubbling away. 

You go to turn away, thinking, perhaps it'd be best to visit a different alchemist - but an unnerving, calm voice interrupts you.

"Can I help you?"

ORDER FORM

Name: (Items Name)
Item Type: (Potion/Crystal)
Qaulity: (Uncommon, Rare, Perfect
Enhancements: (See Note below)
Note: Enchant list can be found here

PRICES

idc

STOCK

Tier 1

Potions
Damage +3   X0
Antidote +2  X3

Crystals
Damage Crystal +1  X0
Damage Crystal +3   X0

Tier 2
Antidote+2 Potion  139574
Antidote+2  Potion 139574-1
Antidote+2  Potion 139574-2
Antidote +2 Potion 139575

Tier 3

Potions
Damage Potion +1  X3

Crystals
Crafters Respite X1 (On hold for Mari)
Mitigation Crystal 1 (Precent 15 damage from Successful attacks against you) X2
Antidote Crystal I  X2
Damage Crystal +1  x 16
Damage Crystal +2  X1

Edited by Mari
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 10618 , Craft: 7

Mari was focused on her workbench, at the very back of the tent. She was resting on her knees, sitting atop comfortable pillows and rugs. She had a vial of what looked to be water, bubbling away atop a Bunsen burner. She added a few roots to it, and it turned a dark black. "mmm... too obvious..." She muttered, as she got her mortar and pestle, and ground up a mushroom  into a very fine powder. She sprinkled it into the vial and it turned clear again. Mari poured it into a simple water bottle. Happy with her successful attempt.

It was an Uncommon grade Potion, which wasn't bad for her first attempt as an Alchemist.

Paralyse Water
Effect: The user who drinks this potion is paralysed for 1 turn
Description: This looks like an ordinary bottle of water, it's labelled as 'Water' and there is no distinct difference between this and a normal bottle of water. However, not all is as it seems.

ID: 10618 , Craft: 7

ID: 10619 , Craft: 6

After her first success, Mari decided she would try to work on some sort of noxious poison, She ground up a few materials, and placed them in the distilled water - it seemed to go well at first. The water turned into a lime green colour. Mari put more of the mushroom in it from an earlier crafting attempt, in hopes that it would turn clear - instead of going clear, it began to turn black. "Ah! Crap!" Mari tried turning down the heat, but it was too late. She was left with a vial of useless, black, sludge.

Black Sludge
Effect: None
Description: Pee-Yew! This stinks! A useless sludge, unavailable for sale. Can only be salvaged for Materials. 

ID: 10619 , Craft: 6

ID: 10769 , Craft: 7

Mari had made a successful debuff, now - she figured she would attempt to make something to counter something like that. If she was going to be releasing poisons and toxins into the world. She may as well be damn sure she would be safe from them. Lest she was unfortunate enough to have one placed on her. Not that Mari would trust anyone enough to accept anything from them these days.

Mari crushed up some roots, and mixed in a few herbs and flower petals, she placed them in distilled water; and stirred slowly on a controlled low flame till the substance turned a pale pink. It was a success.

Name: Antidote

Effect: Will negate the effect of  Burn/Poison/Paralyze/Bleed. This works as a counter to status ailments of these types. Drink it and the next time one of the ailments will affect you, that effect is negated. This takes a post action.

Description: This light pink potion is a sweet, rose like scent and taste. Yum! As you drink it you find yourself feeling more energetic, you feel as though nothing can stop you!

ID: 10771 Craft 1

Mari was slowly getting better with her Alchemy; she was sure she was the only one who had a shop on the 10th floor. For anyone who did not have night vision would suffer a -1 to all dice rolls. Mari didn't have that issue with her night vision. She gave a wry grin as she started mixing a few things, she was  busy grinding up a root - and hadn't realized that she left her bunsen burner on - the flame was boiling a liquid, and before Mari realized it - it exploded in a puff of thick, grey smoke. Mari coughed - swatting away the smoke. 

That was a fail. 

ID:10937   Craft:12

23 Materials Left

Mari, after her critical failure - thanks to her lack of attention decided to take extra care this time. She wiped down the entire bench, cleaning off all the ash. Then started again. She had plenty of materials to work with - and she was rarely disturbed up here on the 10th floor. It gave her time to perfect her craft. Mari had distilled the water, and began adding in a strange sap like liquid, bit by bit till her liquid turned a fluorescent yellow. Mari scratched her cheek, debating what to add next. She found a stinger from a wasp, and broke it in two- allowing the venom to drip into the potion. With a puff of lime green smoke the potion was complete. What a success!

Name: The Cutting Edge Potion
Effect:Damage Increase (Potion): Each enhancement slot used will add +1 Damage (Ignoring Enhancement Caps) This potion gives +3 Damage for the duration of the next battle the user is in. Takes a post turn to use.
Description: A strange, fizzy fluorescent yellow potion that you coat your weapon with. It crackles and dissolves. Your weapon looks sharper! Nice!

ID: 10938   Craft: 6

22 Materials Left

Mari was more than satisfied with her previous potion. She wouldn't sell it, she would use it in her next boss fight. Mari had yet to have any customers come on through - so didn't have any custom orders to fill. As such she could do as she pleased. Experiment a little. She knew that as a Rank 1 Alchemist she was unable to tackle crystals just yet, but she was getting better and better. Or...so she thought. Whilst she was mixing two volatile chemicals the vial began to dissolve along with them. Their acidic strength melting the glass into a black blob. Mari sighed. There goes another  black sludgey mess. She had two now.

Name: Black Sludge
Effect: None
Description: Pee-Yew! This Stinks! A useless sludge, is that a piece of glass you see in it? Unavailable for sale. Can only be salvaged for Materials.

ID: 11062   Craft: 10

21 Materials Left

The pink haired girl had a vial of slime, some sort of extract from a mob. She wasn't sure which, and frankly, she didn't care; she was finding much enjoyment out of her new profession. She placed a few drops into the vial of distilled water - bubbling over a medium flame on the bunsen burner. Next, she had some butterfly wings; she threw them straight in there, and stirred till they dissolved. It went a darker, murky orange. Mari had some cocoa bean pods - she smashed them up into a fine powder. Not entirely sure why. She just figured that if she was going to drink  a potion. She would want it to taste like chocolate. She threw that in there too, and POOF! The craft was a decent success!

Mari had noticed that she had also levelled up, thanks to a little notification. She gave a wry smile. Good, that means she would be able to do an extra craft today, it also gave her the option to craft crystals, as well as potions. Fantastic. Crystals were useful, and profitable.

Name: Thick skinned Potion I
Rank Uncommon
Effect: Damage Mitigation Increase (Potion): Adds +1 Damage Mitigation (Ignoring Enhancement Caps). This potion will add +1 Damage Mitigation to the user for the duration of the next battle. Takes a post action to use.
Description: Why does it look like chocolate? Why does this smell like chocolate? Why does it taste like chocolate? Who knows! But once you drink it you feel thick skinned, like you can take on the world!

ID: 11062   Craft: 10

ID:11065    Craft: 11

20 Materials Left

Mari slapped her hands together, rubbing them - "Right...time to try some Crystals..." Now that she was Ranked 2 she had another craft up her sleeve. No longer limited to two crafts a day, however - Mari needed to focus on here, and now. Right now she wanted to try her hand at crafting a crystal. Which she figured would need a lot more skill. Mari pulled a wicca basket out from under the low bench, and pulled out what looked to be a clear quartz. She grabbed it and placed it in a stand. She then found some purified spring water, and set it so it would slowly drip into the crystal. Drop, by drop the water was absorbed, and with each drop the once clear crystal began to turn into a soft blue. Mari found some 'pixie' dust and sprinkled it onto the crystal. It shone brightly for an instant, before dying down. It was another success.

Mari was on a roll today!

Name: Recovery Crystal II
Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 10 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description: This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID:11067    Craft: 11

19 Materials Left

After her initial success, Mari decided to repeat the process. Sure, healing items were not as...fun  to make as items that inflicted status ailments, or toxins heck - even poisons - but they were where the most Col could be made. Especially with an upcoming boss battle. She figured that she would keep a few things for herself if need be, and have crystals at a decent price for herself. She had to make Col somehow. After all, it was only a matter of time before housing was opened.

Mari again - grabbed a clear crystal from the wicca basket underneath her and placed it in a container - there she added the pure water and golden pixie dust, till a small poof and a confirmation message confirmed that she was, once again, successful in her endeavour! 

Name: Recovery Crystal II

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 10 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description: This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID: 11221   Craft: 1 

18 Materials Left

Mari gave a yawn, it was early morning and she hadn't slept properly. She did, manage to sleep somewhat comfortably for once,having slept on the floor of the pop-up tent that served as her shop. Still, the nightmares kept her awake. Alkors dying face, her daughters tears - there was no way Mari would be able to get a comfortable sleep. 

That near-sleepless night, clearly affected her work. Mari picked up a handful of dried leaves, and completely missed the beaker she was aiming for - instead she dropped them right onto the open flame and they burnt up. Mari groaned. This was not a good start to the day.

ID: 11223    Craft: 4 

17 Materials Left

It seemed as though Mari's bad luck continued; she managed to clean up the burnt remnants of the leaves, and had a clean work bench. Alas, it would not stay clean for long, Mari was filtering water through a purifier, and thought it best to set a small vial of oil to boil, but she had knocked it over with her elbow, it landed on tree sap and quickly hardened. Mari hit herself in the forehead lightly. "Are you f**king kidding me?" She muttered. Mari didn't have the time for all these horrendous failures.

Name: Oily Rock
Effect: None
Description: It smells like a fast food outlet, and is greasy to the touch. This reminds you of food that is better left uneaten. It's a useless hard rock unavailable for sale. Can only be salvaged for Materials. 

ID:11600    Craft: 1

16 Materials Left

Mari wasn't in the best of moods, and that clearly - had a negative impact on her work. She groaned as she tried to scrub out another failed attempt from a beaker, she would need to clean it before continuing. What was she trying to do? Adding flint to swamp gas? It was a recipe for disaster. At lest being a performer meant all she had to do was play her violin. 

Not that she could do such a thing any more. 

Easy come, easy go. Perhaps Mari's next attempt would be a more successful one.

ID: 11601 Craft: 10

15 Materials Left

Screw the potions Mari thought to herself as she pulled out a crystal base. Crystals were far more valuable anyway. She quickly got to work, placing a clear crystal into it then finding some rocks of hardened magma. She crushed them up with the pestle, and let the dust trickle over the crystal. It was a very simple task really. Mari felt that it required little to no work. Lo and behold! She had created a basic healing crystal.

Useful, not fantastic, but most definitely useful.

Name: Recovery Crystal I

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 5 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description: This Crystal glows a soft red and feels tingly and warm to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stuck your hands next to a warm, roaring fire. Mmmm toasty!

ID:11601    Craft: 10

ID:11602   Craft: 7

14 Materials Left

Mari felt happy with her shop; it was slowly coming together - still no sales, but she had it for less than a week - and chances are things wold pick up soon, with the upcoming 10th floor boss battle. Even if the Azure Brigade were not paticipating. Mari thought it odd for a guild council to forbid an entire guild from joining; especially one filled with so many front liners, but she was not one to question others motives.

Still, with that curiosity in mind; she decided she would try her hand at a Truth Serum. Mari had set the burner on low, and after adding in crushed butterfly wings, moss from an old tree, and ice from atop a mountain on the 5th floor, she had somehow, successfully done it. 

Name: Truth Serum

Effect:  The Player who drinks this is unable to lie for the duration of the thread
Description: This vile is filled with a clear liquid that has no taste or smell, however the small label on it states 'Truth Serum - sometimes, lies are kinder than the truth - use with caution' Do you dare use this? 

ID:11602   Craft: 7

I squinted hard at the area around me, Floor 10 was almost completely pitch black. The dark was a major hindrance to me but it was also annoying. I already knew that it would effect my accuracy but what I didn't know was that I couldn't see. "Jeez, if I knew it would be dark I would've come prepared.." I sighed, Floor 10 was already a drag. I slumped my shoulders and lazily carried myself just outside the safezone. I didn't want to enter the new town just yet. I didn't like the towns of Aincrad because of the dumb times I've had there. Just as I was thinking of leaving I saw something. In the distance I saw something strange. It was a light. Confused, I walked towards it and noticed that it was a tent, most likely a camp or something. I didn't care if anyone was living here, I just entered with my chin lifted. My cold and suspectant eyes darted left and right, realizing that this was in fact a shop. An alchemy shop to be exact. I pursed my lips and began to inspect the vials and concoctions, totally unaware of the lurking Mari. 

Mari glanced over her shoulder as she noticed someone walk in. Mari had her back facing the entrance - as her work bench was at the back of the tent. Mari shuffled herself so she could turn around. Still sitting on the floor of her tent - now with her hands resting on the counter - fingers interlocked with each other. It seemed that the first customer to her store was Kiru. Mari gave a wry grin. "Kiru my dear." She said, her voice cool, yet dripping with a sort of venomous tone. If Kiru were to turn and look at Mari she would notice the pink haired girl, in the low light of the tent - with her eyes, generally a striking blue - holding a soft green glow.

The sign of a user using Night Vision.

"See anything you like? Or perhaps you've come to commission something?" Mari asked cooly.

ID:11670   Craft: 9

13 Materials Left

"Well, when you are ready; give a shout, I have work to do." Mari said, turning her back on Kiru to face her work bench once more. Mari decided to make something else, for 'fun' something that wouldn't directly affect someone's battle skill. She started off with an empty vial, this time -rather than starting with purified water - she started with a thick, golden substance. Queen Wasp Jelly, from a floor boss. Mari heated it up, then poured it in. She scratched her chin, giving a slight frown. It was too thick, she had to thin it somehow. Mari looked over the various liquids stacked on the shelf before her - and pulled out one that had a red color, akin to blood - but it wasn't blood. It was just an essence from one of the giant bats she once fought.  Mari poured that into the vial, then added in crushed blue butterfly wings. The liquid thinned out, creating a blood orange colour. She was successful, so successful that she even ranked up. Mari smiled. Excellent, that meant more crafts in a day.

Name: Calming Honey
Effect: This liquid helps soothe uneasy feelings. Feelings of doubt, sadness and fear. If you drink it you will feel calm and strangely content. This lasts for 10 posts. Warning: Calming Honey is an addictive substance, continued use will cause addiction
Description: This strange liquid is a blood orange colour, it smells like cinnamon, but tastes like honey? Weird! As you drink it you feel very warm and calm. There is a small warning label on the side; that says that it is an addictive substance, but how can that be true?
ID:11670   Craft: 9

ID:11671  Craft: 12

12 Materials Left

That was a good warm-up. Now; Mari placed a Crystal case in it's holder; and added a clear crystal to it. With deft hands, and a new found enthusiasm she deftly started the purified water to drip into it. Whilst that water was dripping she found a golden dust, and sprinkled that onto the crystal, then, more sweet honey - poof! A cloud of golden smoke wafted up. Mari had to wonder if it made Kiru curious as to what she was doing. Still, It was a perfect item. A crystal that would heal the whole party. Mari sighed. If only something like this had been used during the Hydra fight.

Perhaps then...Alkor would still be alive. Mari wondered if she should sell it, or keep it for the upcoming battle. For now, she would put it to the side.

Name: Health Halation Crystal

Effect: Mass HP Recovery (Crystal only):This effect takes 3 enhancement slots. This effect mass heals the whole party, healing each player in the battle for +5 HP.
Description: 
The Crystal glows a bright, beautiful golden colour. It feels warm in your hand, and you know using it is not only going to help you, but those around you. What a good Samaritan
ID:11671  Craft: 12

ID: 11673    Craft: 6

11 Materials Left

Mari had made many a decent item tonight; now - she felt peeved, and was going to take it out on her work. Mari pulled out another vial, she put two teaspoons of powdered lavender into the bottom of it, and filled it half way with blueberry juice. It smelt sickly sweet, and oddly tantalising. Mari was intending for the user to want to drink this. "Heh..." Mari snickered, as she then found some black butterfly wings, crushing them up into the liquid. Stirring it in till they melted into the dark velvet liquid.

Name: Depressive Drought 

Effect: Whoever drinks this will succumb to crippling depression and self doubt for the duration of a thread
Description: This potion smells like blueberries and lavender, just the smell makes you want to drink it! It is cool to the touch and tastes oddly sweet. However, it leaves a tingling sensation on your lips and tongue. You suddenly feel light headed, heavy, and sad. What were you doing? Is anything important any more? 

ID: 11673    Craft: 6