[F10-R7] Alchemic Contagion -PK Accessibe

As Teayre ducks into the tent just outside of the tenth floor town she shivers as she looks around seeing the various vials and apparatus around. Taking her first breath of the tent her nose wrinkles, eyes narrowing as she tries to discern anyone in the tent she locks eyes with a piercing blue gaze tinted with green. Slowly approaching the woman Teayre eyes her up carefully taking a step back seeing her orange icon. The small red head sighs before walking to the counter and meeting the pink haired girl’s eyes she speaks. “I’m in need of some potions or crystals to increase my damage and reduce my damage taken. I’ve also heard rumours that you stock other potions that are supposed to inflame a person’s passion should there already be some smoulders.â€

Turning her head left and right Teayre notices the crystals in the locked glass display case, heading over she squats down looking through the ones available. Turning around she looks at the various vials over on the table, gently picking up a couple as she inspects them before taking them back to the main counter.

“Obsessive Allure and Absolut’ Greed, one of each and can I get a Sharp Edge III Crystal and one of the Thick Skinned Crystal II as well. If I’m right that’s twelve hundred col? One other thing if you will, are both crystals able to be used for the same battle?â€

Teayre places a small sack of col on the counter meeting Mari’s eyes again, feeling her hairs stand on end she shifts her weight around obviously uneasy around the woman a small grin coming to her face.

Teayre: - 1200 Col

+

Name: Sharp Edge III Crystal

Effect: :Damage Increase (Crystal) Adds +1 damage for every slot used. This adds 3 damage to your weapon for the duration of the batle

Description: This blood-red crystal pulses like a heart! Gross! But when you place it against your weapon, your weapon glows slightly, it feels lighter: and you feel as though you could deal more damage.

+

Name: Thick skinned Crystal II
Rank Rare
Effect
Damage Mitigation Increase (Crystal): Adds +1 Damage Mitigation (Ignoring Enhancement Caps). This potion will add +2 Damage Mitigation to the user for the duration of the next battle. Takes a post action to use.
Description: Why does it look like chocolate? Why does this smell like chocolate? Why does it taste like chocolate? Who knows! But once you drink it you feel thick skinned, like you can take on the world!

+

Name: Absolut' Greed

Effect: Makes you greedy; makes your desires well known and forces you to do whatever it takes to get it. No matter the cost, it may have negative effects as users tend to ignore any repercussions this potion may cause, even if you obtain what you want you find yourself always wanting more. Lasts 20 posts/turns
Description: This lavender coloured  potion tastes like delicate roses; it is very sweet to the taste and goes down smoothly. As you drink it you feel a tad dizzy, then suddenly very focused. Ferociously so. You're on a mission! No one will get in your way! No one...

+

Name: Obsessive Allure
Effect: Feed this to someone who you want to admire you, careful it has its drawbacks. Often times the admiration will turn into a dangerous obsession, this is an exhilarating way to find if someone has some bubbling feelings for you!. Feeding someone this drink takes a post action. 
note: this potion has no effect on someone if they have no feelings for you It's effects last 10 posts.
Description: The vial is only half full of a very pale pink watery liquid, but this is very powerful stuff. It smells like Turkish Delight. IF the person who drinks this has feelings for the person who gives them the potion; be it physical attraction, friendship, or otherwise; that feeling is intensified tenfold. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hm...that's a good question...Let's see..."

As he continued looking around he thought he saw a familiar red-headed player make their way through the store, and in particular make a quick stop in Mari's miscellaneous section. He felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as he immediately stopped by, knowing exactly what he wanted to get to prepare himself, "Um...I think I'll take a couple of the Soothing Salves. I have a feeling I might be needing them in the near future."

((OOC yes both can be used in the same battle however you can only use one item per post))

A timid redhead peered into the tent - before glancing around at the wares. She approached the counter, eyes flicking up to Mari's orange cursor. Mari shrugged, "I'm not going to kill my customers." She said non-nonchalantly. OF course....she never exactly planned to kill anyone. Fate just chose to deal her a different hand of cards. Mari stood, heading toward the cabinet - and unlocking it, taking out the crystals that the woman had requested. Mari placed them on the counter, and in a single, fluid action - swiped away  the girls Col.

"I am sure I don't need to warn you of my potions effects, having personally tested them myself. I can say they are not to be taken lightly." 

Mari waved Calrex off, "They're yours. Payment for the materials." She said. Calrex often tried to offer her mateirals free of charge - but Mari did not want to owe anyone any favours. She gave him a small grin at his last comment. "Ah, but that's why I make them." She said with a sly tone.

Teayre: - 1200 Col

Mari + 1200 Col

As Mari handed him the potions without payment Calrex's eyes widened for a second, but then figured that this was her way of compensating for him gathering her materials. He gave a nod, "Well, I'm glad you do. Hopefully I won't need them, but best be prepared right?"

With that he added the potions to his inventory before swiping on his menu to reequip his Grand Chariot armor, "In any case feel free to let me know if you're in need of more materials in the future!"

He gave a friendly wave before heading out of the tent.

+2 Soothing Salve

ID:16947  CD: 10

32 Materials

Mari yawned, she lazily, hastily threw her items together. Starting with a plain, clear quartz. Unlike her so called 'friend' whose crystals were perfectly crafted with love; smooth edges and a brilliant sheen. Most of Mari's were raw, with unrefined edges. Mari preferred hers that way. To her it looked more natural. Besides who had the time to make each one look perfect? Not many really cared about how they looked, only how useful they were.

She let the purified water drip onto the crystal as she added the powdered roots to it, before 'poof' a Rare qaulity crystal was created. Mari pushed it to the side. Ready to start another crafting attempt.

Name: Recovery Crystal II

ID: 16947 CD: 10
Alchemist Rank: 5
Item Rank: 
Rare
Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 10 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description:

This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID: 16951 CD: 6
Materials 31

Mari sighed, running a hand through her hair. Recently, a lot of her potion stock had been bought - so she would have to slowly restock them. One of which, was the Obsessive Allure. It was interesting, what effects it had on people. She quickly set the bunsen burner on low, and set to work, adding the ingredients to a large beaker, stirring until the liquid became a light pink. She poured it into a vial and pushed that too, to the side. She was on a roll with her crafts, and she couldn't help  but note that she was close to levelling up her skill. Levelling it up meant more crafting attempts a day, and at a higher success rate. "Best get to it..." Mari said to herself. Cleaning the area ready for another craft.

Name: Obsessive Allure
Effect: Feed this to someone who you want to admire you, careful it has its drawbacks. Often times the admiration will turn into a dangerous obsession, this is an exhilarating way to find if someone has some bubbling feelings for you!. Feeding someone this drink takes a post action. note: this potion has no effect on someone if they have no feelings for you It's effects last 10 posts.
Description: The vial is only half full of a very pale pink watery liquid, but this is very powerful stuff. It smells like Turkish Delight. IF the person who drinks this has feelings for the person who gives them the potion; be it physical attraction, friendship, or otherwise; that feeling is intensified tenfold. 

ID: 16952 CD: 8
Materials 30

Mari decided to work on another potion - frankly she wanted to keep her trade to crystals, but alas, the Antidote only came in potion form. Of course, Mari planned to crystalize a few of those potions. Which meant they would be far, far more useful, and valuable. But for now. She had to make do. Mari was quick with her work, nimble fingers placing in just the right amount of powders, saps and toxins into her concoction, and as she completed yet another craft - a small 'congratulations' had popped up. The pink haired alchemist grinned. She had levelled up. Just as she had planned. 

Good....

goood....

Name: Antidote Potion
Effect: Each Slot Will negate the next effect of Burn/Poison/Paralyze/Bleed. This works as a counter to status ailments of these types. Drink it and the next time one of the ailments will affect you, that effect is negated. This takes a post action. This negates the next (1) instance of a status ailment.

Description: This light pink potion is a sweet, rose like scent and taste. Yum! As you drink it you find yourself feeling more energetic, you feel as though nothing can stop you!

ID:16953  CD:  1
Materials 29

Mari yawned again. Growing more and more tired- and in her fatigued state, was throwing in a little too much of that sticky, red sap that she had into the cauldron, it started to bubble, it started to burn. Black smoke began to fill the tent. Mari choked as she stood up. Coughing and spluttering as she took the small cauldron off the heat and placed it on the table next to the burner. She ran to the tent opening, pinning its front flaps up to help the smoke clear out.

Talk about a critical failure

• 2 weeks later...

The 10th floor, perpetual darkness and all that. Even if she didn't have the 'Night vision' skill, a certain blonde was not that blind in this darkness as she had a bottle with a fluorescent powder inside it, labeled 'Firefly Essence' in her left hand. It wasn't very effective but at least it provided some light so that she wouldn't bump into anyone a meters ahead of her, much like a small glow stick. Exiting Yomi, she found a strange tent on the other side, near the exit. She carefully enters the tent to see it being lighted by living fireflies, trapped in a jar. She found the idea very much similar as hers, even if instead of live specimens Ariel used a crafting material she gathered. "Hello?" she asked in a clear voice, not be mistaken with a thief of sorts.

She took a look around, into the shop's inventory and found that it was a alchemy shop. 'how convenient' she thought as she made a note of the items she'd like to buy. She then notices the blue eyes glow a soft green and turns towards them saying: "I would like 2x Recovery Crystal II, 1x Cutting Edge III and 1x Thick skinned Crystal II. I'd like to pay that in col if it's alright with you." She said while making a couple of hand gestures and materializing a pouch of gold with 1600 col in it. She couldn't see the shopkeeper's face even with the faint extra light her bottle provided.

Mari gave an inward groan when she saw someone enter, someone familiar. Someone she did not like. Ariel. The blonde seemed to have somewhat of a difficult time seeing, or perhaps she simply did not notice who the shop belonged to.

"I ain't got no crystals that are level 3 or higher. I have a potion." Mari said, placing emphasis on the word. "Frankly, I want the potions gone, I can craft far better items and they are only there as limited stock. The potion is 300 Col. Two Recovery II crystals, that's 900 - I also do not have any Thick Skinned Crystals currently in stock - but I can craft one up as an order. I expect payment upfront however. That would be...1800 Col. Are you still happy for me to continue the transaction?" 

Mari asked, as she noticed the trade window had the wrong amount of Col in it, Perhaps Ariel had looked at the price of the Thick Skinned Crystal II rather than the III - regardless, she had none in stock. No doubt she would easily be able to match the order within a day.

(Recovery Crystal II's and Thick Skinned Potion have been removed from shop inventory pending this transaction)

The blonde's eyes widened in surprise as she heard who replied to her request. She quickly regained her composure, last time these two saw each other things didn't go well. But also things changed in the meanwhile. The blonde simply replied :"I didn't expect to see you here but I can say that it suits you. A alchemist shop on the front line, definitely a good place to get 'select' clientele. We have a deal, also if you're making stuff. Can I add a Sharp Edge III Crystal to the order?" she asked as she went and materialized 2400 col.

-2400 col

Mari shrugged, "Business is business." She bought up her HUD, putting in the orders that Ariel had. "That's fine by me. I'll message you when your order is ready." Mari accepted the Col, and handed over the other items. She wasn't fond of Ariel. She didn't like the blonde's 'Justice blah blah family blah' attitude. Frankly, if the woman wasn't buying so much Col's worth of stock, Mari would have waved her out of the store.

Still, they say money talks. Mari had plenty of it, and had no plans on ceasing her income any time soon. "I'll be crafting now." Mari said, as she turned her back on Ariel.

+2400 Col

ID:19049  CD: 8

28 Materials

Mari yawned, and started work on her crafts for the day, she was a rank up - which allowed her to complete up to 7 crafts in a single 24 hour time frame. Useful, albeit a tad drole. She hadn't had many customers of late, aside from Ariel. Whom was lucky enough to get into the store just before Mari's prices rose. Inflation and all that. Mari got to work, crafting a simple Recovery Crystal. She cracked her neck as she placed it to the side. Ready to start her next.

Name: Recovery Crystal I

Alchemist Rank: 6
ID:19049 CD: 8
Item Rank: 
Uncommon
Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 5 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description:

This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID:19050 CD: 8
Materials 27

Mari was out of Recovery Crystals, so it was good to slowly stock up on them. She realized that she had been selling them far too cheaply - especially with the 11th floor soon approaching, people would be scurrying to find decent healing crystals. Mari deftly created another, placing a clear quartz into its holder- and allowing the pure spring water to drip into it. She grabbed a small pile of light blue dust, which was once blue butterfly wings - and sprinkled them on top. "There we go..." Mari muttered, as she placed another successful crystal to the side.

Name: Recovery Crystal I

Alchemist Rank: 6
ID:19050 CD: 8
Item Rank: 
Uncommon
Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 5 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description:

Lowenthal wanted to spend little time on floor 10. It was way to dark for his liking. He could barely see his hand in front of his face here. He heared that this was the best place to go for potions, and healing items. And besides, this was going to be a fun adventure. He noticed a small glow as he walked. "That's got to be it then." He said, stumbling in the dark. He had to invest in the Night Vision skill. Some 'master of Shadows' if he's having trouble navigating them. He finally made it to the glow, and poked his head inside the tent. "Hello?" He said, scrunching his nose from the sudden burst of smells, and chemicals. "I'd like to make some small talk, and if able buy something?" He said, looking around the contents of the tent. Honey, Cheescake Curse, Truth Serum. Did I walk into a potion shop, or witch hut? Lowenthal thought.

ID:19051  CD: 3
Materials 26

Mari got to another crystal, deciding to make what Ariel had ordered, she set the flame on low heat and placed the crystal in its canister - over the low bunsen flame.  As she did that, she heard a voice call out from behind her.

"Hmm?"

Mari glanced over her shoulder. "Give me a minute." She turned back to her craft  only to realize that she had left it burning too long, "Ahh, sh*t. For f**k sake..." She muttered as she grimaced, wrapping a piece of material around her hand to pick up the oily rock. She chucked it into a basket under the low sitting Alchemy table before turning herself around to face the person who had entered her tent.

"Eh?" Her blue eyes, which glowed a faint green in the dim light glanced up and down the boy.  "Time is money, what do ya want?"

Name: Oily Rock

Effect: None
Description: It smells like a fast food outlet, and is greasy to the touch. This reminds you of food that is better left uneaten. It's a useless hard rock unavailable for sale. Can only be salvaged for Materials. 

Lowenthal was taken slightly aback. He wasn't told that the person was girl. He cleared his throat and quickly thought. He had a new item he could use here. He spoke as he opened his menu. "I happened to make this item here." He said, pulling out a latex swimsuit. Which was neatly folded, like a shirt would be at a store. "Now, I can't really fit into this. So I thought I could trade it." He offered, holding out the swimsuit to the shop keep.

Name: Latex One Piece

Profession: (Tailor)
ID: 19042
Roll: 12
Item Type: Clothing
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +2 Loot Die, +1 Evasion
Description: A flat black one piece swimsuit. With sleeves to the wrist, and a skin tight wear the wearer can feel immense luck radiating from the suit. The fabric is breathable, and allows the wearer to move slightly faster. On land, or in water.

Mari raised an eyebrow as he handed over a latex swimsuit. "eh? You have a lot of gall kid." She said, "Orange cursor and you still try to offer me a...." She held up the suit to inspect it. "An amateur crafted latex suit?" Her blue eyes drifted back up to him. "Got some sorta fettish there?" Mari looked over it, the workmanship could use some major improvement, you could tell he wasn't a highly ranked tailor. Still...the item had stats that Mari was interested in using. Namely the boost in looting.

​"Perfect quality item, mmmm...that depends..." Mari began, she stood, and placed her finger on the underside of his chin. "Which of my wares are you interested in?"

Lowenthal could feel the blood rush to his face as Mari touched his chin. He gulped and cleared his throat, unable to hide his blushing. "Well, I was looking at these here." he said, looking at the 'good' potions. "Namely, this one." He said, picking up the 'Obsessive Allure' Potion and a 'Truth Potion'. He blushed even harder after he re-read the effects of the potion. It was almost like he had walked into an adult store, and saw a teacher.

Mari pulled away from the boy, opening up her trade window as she shifted her shop stock into it, "Let's see. One Truth Serum. One, Obsessive Allure...." Mari paused, glancing back up at the brown haired youth. His cheeks were reddened and his chocolate eyes continually avoided her calm blue orbs. "And, I'll throw in a Calming Honey just for you." Mari said, as she accepted her end of the trade, and awaited his.

"Hurry now dearie, I got more crafts to take care of."