[F10-R7] Alchemic Contagion -PK Accessibe

ID: 12891 CD: 2
Materials: 27

As if the initial fail wasn't bad enough; distracted and agitated Mari just couldn't seem to get a grip on herself. She had accidentally dropped a vial of the strange red sap, spilling it over her crafting table. It was a waste, that sap could have been put to good use. Now - she had to spend her time cleaning all her utensils. Mari chewed her lower lip. Was she failing so much because she was in the midst of a fellow Alchemist? One who clearly seemed to have a better handle on the profession than she? Mari's cheeks flushed with mild embarrassment as she finished cleaning up the area.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 12892 CD: 11
Materials: 26

Since Clarence was about to buy a Recovery Crystal II Mari decided to quickly craft up another one - she had quite a few fails today; and wanted it to end on a high note. For once, Luck was on her side. At least it felt that way after the horrendously poor attempts that spouted from her distracted crafting. That taught her a lesson; don't craft when there were multiple people in the store. It really put her off her game. 

Mari managed to craft another Recovery Crystal and placed it to the side.

Name: Recovery Crystal II

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 10 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description:

This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

As Mari put her hands on his shoulder Calrex felt his spine stiffen for a split second before he gave a calming breath as she moved back behind the counter, "Hm...I'll need give it some more thought, so for now I'll just take a Recovery Crystal II please. How much do I owe you?"

He did however make not of the Truth Serum that was on the table, taking a picture of it in his mind, "Should things ever take a turn for the worse and I need to force information out of someone I should remember this. It might make interrogation in any form MUCH easier."

With that he walked over to Mari's counter and prepared to pay for his purchase.

Mari's continued failed crafting attempts today irked her. She gave a frustrated sigh as she turned to Calrex. "Recovery Crystal II ? That would be  450 Col, I won't bother telling you the material variant; since you're the go to guy when I need materials." She offered him a smirk as she stood; heading over to the locked cabinet to take out the Recovery Crystal II. Mari approached Calrex, placing one hand on his shoulder, the other dropping the crystal into his hands.

"Will that be all?"

Calrex gave a friendly smile and a nod as Mari gave him the Recovery Crystal II, accepting it as he retrieved the Col and handed it to her, "Yeah I should be fine with this for now. If I need anything else I'll be sure to drop back in."

With that he gave a friendly wave to Mari before he headed back out of the tent, "Alright, let's see what I can do about turning my hunting and gathering luck around."

-450 Col

+1 Recovery Crystal II

Mari took the Col and placed it in her inventory. She had a good 30k however had yet to push past that mark. Mari had wanted to have at least 50k in the pocket at all times; she was only about a third of the way there. "Contact me with any commissions you have too." Mari said, "I need the Col. Don't forget - I am always in need of Materials." Calrex left; and Mari was left alone in the tent with Azide - she offered him a small smirk; before turning to face her crafting table.

"Still here? My, my if I didn't know any better I'd assume you were smitten - Azide." 

ID: 12935  CD: 1
Materials: 25

This attempt wasn't any better than the last few; it seemed her crafting luck was quickly running out. After nearly dying from the sheer cold in the snow Mari wanted to create some sort of potion to aid with the cold. Alas - she failed; it seemed that the vial she was attempting to use had a crack in it; and the water she had carefully had dripping into it was leaking out. Mari sighed as she placed the vial in the bin. It wasn't a total loss - at least this one wasn't exactly her fault.

ID:12936   CD: 1
Materials: 24

Mari attempted the same thing again; to craft a potion to keep one warm in freezing temperatures. But again; there seemed to be a crack in this vial too. "Are you kidding me?" Mari muttered as she threw it in the bin before taking out the case of empty vials. One by one she inspected them all; out of the dozen she had; about half of them were cracked. "Ugh..what a waste of equipment." She muttered as she ditched all the broken ones.

ID: 12937  CD: 7
Materials: 23

Third times a charm; or so they say. Mari found a vial that wasn't broken - and placed in the sap which she used as a base for the Calming Honey - the sedative effects seem to come from a mixture of the butterfly wings and herbs - so Mari wouldn't put those in this time. Instead - she found some soft, heated rocks from the 9th floor and started grinding them down into a powder. She added it to the mixture and stirred. This time Mari succeeded. "About goddam time." Mari muttered as she lifted up the vial to inspect it. It was warm to the touch.

Name: Warmth

Effect: Drinking this warms you up; best used in cold climates. This requires a post action and lasts for 20 posts. Do not use in heated climates as it may cause heat exhaustion. 
Description: This vial is filled with a yellow liquid. It's warm to the touch. The liquid tastes a little bitter, but the instant you drink it you feel warm and cozy.

ID:12940   CD: 4
Materials: 22

Mari was satisfied with her creation. She always enjoyed it when she created a new item. It gave her a sense of accomplishment, a sense of worth; and these past few days she had been somewhat depressed. What with the events involving Locke and Kosan. It seemed it was affecting her crafting ability more than she cared to admit, even to herself - As Mari tried to replicate the 'Warmth' she found that she had burnt the honey into a dark sludge; she would attempt to salvage it later.

Black Sludge
Effect: None
Description: Pee-Yew! This stinks! A useless sludge, unavailable for sale. Can only be salvaged for Materials. 

ID: 12941   CD: 11
Materials: 21

Mari wanted to focus on items that increased potential damage; since Azide clearly had recovery items covered. Sure, it would be nice to have some in stock for the masses; and she decided that she would open up the single tier recovery crystals to the players who were not going to be in the boss fight, but right now - she wanted to get a few more crystals out there.

Mari gave a small yawn as she placed the damage increasing Crystal to the side. At least this was a successful craft.

Name: Cutting Edge II

Effect:Damage Increase (Crystal): Each enhancement slot used will add +1 Damage (Ignoring Enhancement Caps) This potion gives +1 Damage for the duration of the next battle the user is in. Takes a post turn to use.

Description: A strange, fizzy fluorescent yellow potion that you coat your weapon with. It crackles and dissolves. Your weapon looks sharper! Nice!

ID: 12942  CD: 9
Materials: 20

With one craft left for the day Mari decided to take it easy, she as tired; she was worn out and she just wanted it to be done. Mari enjoyed her crafts but the last few days were taking their toll; with failure after failure. After crafting a Cutting Edge I Crystal she sighed, turning to lean on the counter as she carelessly tossed it to the side. "Bleh. Done for today." 

Name: Cutting Edge I

Effect:Damage Increase (Crystal): Each enhancement slot used will add +1 Damage (Ignoring Enhancement Caps) This potion gives +1 Damage for the duration of the next battle the user is in. Takes a post turn to use.

Description: A strange, fizzy fluorescent yellow potion that you coat your weapon with. It crackles and dissolves. Your weapon looks sharper! Nice!

He rested his forearm against the small table that stood between himself and Mari. "I wouldn't be too worried about that," said Azide. He gave another glance at the various wares that the woman the woman housed in her shop.

There were all sorts of curiosities- plenty of colors and textures he had yet to encounter in his own experiments. He scratched his cheek with a curled finger before looking back to her.

"As long as it's been since the time you showed up at my lab with the sack of col and materials, I still have yet to open to the public. But honestly? Even if I were to start selling my current stock, I'm not so sure if I'd be able to quench the public's demand."

The woman traded words with her customer while simultaneously working with equipment that was not so different from his own, and he watched quietly for a while as she synthesized a few alchemic concoctions before giving her a cordial nod. "I'd stay and chat, but to be frank, I'm not a big fan of the floor you've chosen for your shop- and it looks as if you have plenty on your plate at the moment." He turned and tossed a wave over his shoulder as he made his way toward the exit. "See you soon, Mari."

He pushed aside the flaps and plunged back into darkness.

ID:  13280   CD: 6
Materials: 19

It wasn't long till the boss fight...and Mari had become slack with her crafting; she had lost her mojo and feel for it. Still with the date knocking at her door she decided to try and at least attempt to craft something useful. She started out with something simple, crafting up an Absolut' Greed - since she had used the only one she had in stock, on herself. Mari gave a small smile; the potion was very useful. Despite the mild headache that came with it.

Name: Absolut' Greed

Effect: Makes you greedy; makes your desires well known and forces you to do whatever it takes to get it. No matter the cost, it may have negative effects as users tend to ignore any repercussions this potion may cause, even if you obtain what you want you find yourself always wanting more. Lasts 20 posts/turns
Description: This lavender coloured  potion tastes like delicate roses; it is very sweet to the taste and goes down smoothly. As you drink it you feel a tad dizzy, then suddenly very focused. Ferociously so. You're on a mission! No one will get in your way! No one....

ID:  13282   CD: 3
Materials: 18

It was clear that Mari was rusty. She had attempted to make a crystal; but had thrown in a cracked crystal into it's holder; as she tried to infuse it with various ingredients she noticed that they just were not taking to the crystal. Taking it out of its holder and looking at it through a magnifying glass Mari noticed how many cracks were in it, it was beyond repair.

"Ugh, this is what happens when I stop crafting for a few days.." She muttered.

ID: 13284   CD: 3
Materials: 17

Luck was not on Mari's side today. As she went to toss the useless crystal away; she had missed her mark- that mark being the bin. Instead she knocked over a bunch of her equipment, including the concoction that she had bubbling away ready to turn into another damage boosting crystal. "You have got to be joking me..." She muttered as she began to wipe up the spill.

ID: 13285    CD: 5
Materials: 16

Mari sighed, it was clear she was getting nowhere - fast with attempting to craft her crystals. She was a little worse for wear, at least her mentality was. This was the last time she'd take a break from crafting, it was clear that even just two days reprise really threw her off her game. Mari got to work; deciding to work on another potion, to get her back into the groove. She made something a little more...useful this time. Using 'Warmth' had greatly benefited Daeron in the snowy field, perhaps it would aid someone else.

For the right price of course.

Name: Warmth

Effect: Drinking this warms you up; best used in cold climates. This requires a post action and lasts for 20 posts. Do not use in heated climates as it may cause heat exhaustion. 
Description: This vial is filled with a yellow liquid. It's warm to the touch. The liquid tastes a little bitter, but the instant you drink it you feel warm and cozy.

ID: 13286  CD: 2
Materials: 15

Another craft, and another fail for Mari. She was angry; and miffed - she ended up just giving a very frustrated scream, as she slammed her hands down on the table, pushing every material and ingredient off and into the bin. This was useless, utterly useless  and pointless. No one had really come into her shop to purchase anything for the boss battle; it was as though they were expecting free hand outs. "God Damned freeloaders ain't gonna get sh*t." She muttered.

ID: 13287  CD: 10
Materials: 14

Mari groaned, she was pissed and this craft wasn't exactly the most....well executed one. She slammed the crystal into its holder; grumbling as she started hurling items at it; funnily enough - in her rage she managed to succeed in crafting a rare quality item. Not that Mari was in much of a mood to celebrate. "Too f**king little, too late." She mumbled, clearly pissed she squandered away her day of crafting. 

Name: Recovery Crystal II

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 10 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description:

This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

"I'm still low leveled and I'm going to need something to heal with, but I need something that can heal me without me needing to waste precious time to heal when I could attack. This is the one few places I heard I can get something like it." Rusty thought as he walked towards a shop to reassure himself that it was worth walking the floor to get to it. Usually he wasn't scared easily of things, but the almost complete darkness of the floor and few light sources creeped him out intensely. Looking at the shop, he was surprised to find that it was situated in a tent instead of a building. "Its almost the person who owns this shop doesn't want customers." Looking around, he felt as if he could hear voices calling out to him from all direction and that was when Rusty knew that he should hurry things up. Alert as ever, Rusty entered the shop with a fast pace, almost terrified of the almost pitch black floor.

Entering inside, he was surprised to see a shop that reminded of his old home in Pittsburgh in a way, where fireflies were very common at nighttime. Looking around, he saw various potions and vials, but ignored them and headed straight for the counter.