[PP-F1] Making Friends

It was a pretty cool day in city. Getting use to SAO you start to appreciate the beauty of it. "AAAAAHHHHH" Skylar screamed for no apparent reason. "Heelllloooo Starting city."

He felt exhilarated and Happy. Skylar could not believe his mood. The only dark cloud in the sky was his lack of companions. 

Psyche had been in a very bad mood since she had a migraine the night before and decided to stay in our inn for a while. I couldn't blame her it was rather loud in the Starting City and extremely annoying with everyone at times. It was odd not being with her and I was kind of nervous alone. I was much more shy without a friend with me. I heard a scream and ran towards the person who did and touched his arm.

Are you okay?

Then he seemed to shout something about the starting city and I backed away slightly embarrassed at what I did and began blushing.

Woops... sorry.

I wonder if the the system would actually allow for their use? He eyed the patch of mushrooms with a healthy amount of skepticism, and yet a hint of genuine curiosity kept him from dismissing the notion altogether. He crouched down on one knee to give the object of his attention a closer inspection.

From here, he could see occasional speckles of purple coating the otherwise yellow mushroom. Its design was rather novel, though it resembled a fungal growth that had simply been splattered with paint. "Hmm..." voiced the dark-haired male.

He turned his head as he heard a scream emanating from somewhere off to his left, then looked back to the fungus before him. "Stay," said Locke, pointing a stern finger at the growth. He pushed off of the ground and stretched out his arms, then turned toward the direction of the sound.

With any luck, I might finally find something interesting in this city.

Skylar dropped and rolled in the grass, he was having a lot of fun right now being outside. However fake this outside may be at the moment. As such he was so deeply engrossed in himself that he did not notice he was touched or spoken to when screaming. The only time he noticed the young lady is when he rolled on top of her shoe. He hopped up like a startled rabbit.

"Sorry about that ma'am I was just enjoying the great outdoors." He blushed a little due to the fact that he got caught unaware.

Hmm? Oh that's okay. 

I gave him a reassuring nod of the head before pushing up my glasses.

Wait a second... Did you just call me ma'am?!

I furrowed my eyebrows and glared at whoever he was with my brown eyes. It made me feel old when anybody said that no matter the way they spoke or if it seemed normal to say to them.

I'm only eighteen excuse you. My name is Jynx if you could call me that instead then I would feel a lot better.

My blush disappeared a lot faster than usual. Good thing too when I blushed it burned badly. Now I was just staring at him normally. Some people would say my normal expression made me appear depressed or bored. Ah well now he knew my name so might as well ask even though I hate asking other people questions. To be honest I wanted to ask how he could be so happy in this game and why he loved outdoors so much. Sure nature was pretty gorgeous even but full of dangerous monsters and very annoying to keep up with. In real life and in the game.

Uh what's your name?

With his hands in pockets- head held high- Locke turned the corner to see two players in a field of grass; one stood upright, while the other lie sprawled atop the viridian blades. "Tch..." said Locke, quietly voicing his annoyance. This is probably the least interesting thing I could've happened across.

It was no stretch to say that he could likely have more fun with the mushrooms he's been looking at earlier than by standing around here any longer. The female player was someone he vaguely recalled having encountered at some point, although the memory wasn't particularly vivid. After all, what was one person to the hundreds that he had encountered so far?

With a spin of his heels, he turned himself around and began to walk away. Perhaps after staking his claim with the mushrooms, he could cozy up to a chef or something. The whole backpacker routine just wasn't complete without the free meals he used to score, among other things.

"My name is Ala...." He hesitated almost using his real name instead, "Skylar, My name is Skylar." While laying in the grass he pointed at the sky in which he was named after, real world and out.

"What kind of name is Jynx? Were you trying to put the cat Lynx and just messed up with one letter? Or are bad luck just waiting to happen?" Skylar spoke with no malice in his voice. More with a child like inquisitiveness that made him seem young for his age.

The grass felt sooooo nice while he was laying in it. Slightly ticklish but pretty fun. The soft breeze blew across his face but he could not smell any pollen. Must be a side affect from creating the game. Not like they can do everything to make it real.

((OOC: Sorry for the late response. It would be in color too but unfortunately I am using a random computer at the airport. :( The struggle is real)

When Skylar pointed to the sky I looked up at it too. So it must of been associated with his name or something like that. I smiled and tilted my head back to a regular position.

I didn't know how to respond to his... joke? So I just laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of my neck.

Bad luck I guess? I wanted to spell the name with a Y instead of I to make it my own and to make sure nobody else took it. Why're rolling around in the grass? Doesn't that itch? 

I loved nature but it really was a bother all the time to me. I crinkled my nose and kicked a few blades of grass with the edge of one of my sandals.

I'm just glad insects aren't small and extreme pests in the game like real life or I would've never come back... 

"It really does not itch at all. The grass here has the feel like regular grass without the horrible side affects" Skylar moved to sit up. This girl seemed a bit like a nervous wreck or maybe she though he was making a joke.

"Besides the dangerous animals and monsters that constantly try to kill you. This place is not all bad"

Skylar turned around to notice something moving. "Hellooo" He waved in case it was someone walking towards them.

Locke craned his neck around, hearing who assumed to have been the male player on lying on the ground. With only two options to choose from, however, he figured his conclusion wasn't exactly a big leap to make.

He spotted the male player, who was waving. After a few sideways glances, on the off chance he'd been calling for someone else, he slowly began making his way toward the pair. "Wow, somebody sure looks comfortable," he remarked, tapping the the guy with his foot. With a downward glanced, he asked, "So, what's up? You realize that photosynthesis stuff only works for plants, right?"

Not waiting for an answer, he walked over to the girl, whose name seemed to escape him at the moment. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and glanced at the girl from over her shoulder. "Long time no see," exclaimed Locke, flashing a smile. "Did you miss me?" he teased.

I guess so.

I replied to Skylar's remark about SAO "not being so bad" which I guess it wasn't most of the time. Still though, sometimes it was pretty bland compared to the beauties of the real world. Not that it failed to disappoint which it didn't in fact I'm still surprised at time with how realistic, gorgeous and fantastic the world looked.

Locke made his way towards us though it took me adjusting my glasses and squinting my brown eyes to realize who it was. I had no idea what he was doing before it was too late and the boy already had his arms around me. I blushed heavily and shifted my gaze slightly to his face that seemed normal for the time being. How anybody could stay normal while performing such an action amazed me.

Ehh... Y-yeah I guess it's been a while. 

I could feel my face burning so hot it felt as if the skin could melt off at any minute. 

Sure- sure I missed you. Locke was it?

My words came out in a shaky whisper since it was hard to talk. I wished he would move, or that I could move and get away myself but for some reason I stood there without an argument while my mind urged me to do something. Finally I managed something other than a stutter or whisper. I cleared my throat.

Excuse me.

"Ooooh Snaaap!" Skylar started whooping and fanning himself with his hand, as if he experienced a scandal, and he was a 1940's debutante. His family in the real world may have been close but something like that would have circuited his family out. Locke had the making of a playboy and Skylar was not sure how to put that. Jynx seemed to recognize him, but discomforted by the close contact.

Skylar moved and stood up before speaking some more "You guys seem to know each other really well." Skylar's skin was turning dark brown instead of keeping his normal cinnamon toned color. He was blushing and he did not even know what was going on.

Locke laughed and held the girl just the slightest bit tighter before easing up. With a half-step back, he took her hand in his own and spun her around to face him. He left his fingers to linger there for a moment, then drew them away.

A single strand of brown had been displaced through his efforts, and he remedied the consequence with a quick brush of his fingers. The strand was swept aside, and he was left with a better view of her eyes; two rich spheres that floated within dark frames. He was reminded of finely aged acorns, but reasoned that another person might've instead compared them to chocolates.

"Either way, it's been too long, don't you think?" He tilted his head and kept his eyes trained upon hers, making no effort to hide the fact that he was staring a little. From an absolute stranger, such an action would normally be treated with skepticism, suspicion and even disgust. But in their previous encounter, he'd judged that such a gesture would only serve to flatter her, and set her at further ease.

He raised a finger before her face and poked her forehead softly. "'Course I did, silly. I don't go around hugging everyone I see, you know." A simple nod of his head was his answer to her question. "There we go! I had a feeling you'd remember," he said with a wink.

Locke turned and paced over to the other male, leaning over with his hands planted loosely on his hips. "I just happen to treat my friends quite warmly," he replied. He gave a quick glance over his shoulder. "She's just a little shy is all."

His amber eyes hovered over the player like a searchlight as he tried to get a read on him. From his mannerisms and the sudden change in his skin tone, he could guess that the guy was play or childish- perhaps both. His aura was light, and reflected a nature that was perhaps positive and dynamic. It felt open, like a lush pasture whose gate had been left open.

"As you might've heard, my name's Locke," he said, reaching out with his hand. "And as much I'd love to stand around and watch you laze about in the grass, let it be said that I'd like to do an actual activity even more."

We're friends I think.

I spoke after Skylar made his remark. Locke spun me around and took me off guard though it did make me giggle a little. He seemed very good at... things like this 

i guess. This strange sound came from my throat when he brushed strands of hair fallen out of place. I stared down at the ground in embarrassment but kept my head up.

I don't really keep track of time anymore. It's not so important, everyday to me feels like another year wasted.

My comment was depressing to my ears but true nonetheless. It was a statement I'd been dying to tell someone or anyone willing to listen. Locke and Skylar had been the two people to hear it and I took a deep breath at the feeling of one extremely heavy weight being lifted from my chest. Once again my lungs were free and yet another burden had been eliminated from the list of many others I carried. I was an immature young adult so the thought of another male, especially one like Locke, missing me made my heart swell. So maybe I was finally growing up? Probably not it felt like I never would but now that thought didn't really matter to me. I wasn't crushing just excited about the whole experience. The poke on my forehead awakened me from my thoughts.

Yeah sure.

I placed a smile on my face and turned so I could watch Skylar and Locke speak to each other.

Shy?! Me shy? I'm just quiet sometimes is all. Besides anybody would be acting like I do with the things you do around me. It's a little too friendly.

I retorted sloppily and attempted to frown in disapproval but instead it came out as a twisted grin. It hurt to do that so I just let my lips form what they wanted to and of course that was a smile.

Skylar liked these two. They seemed like interesting people in their own weird way. "My name is Skylar the wonderful! Performer extraordinaire and butt kicker." He bowed deeply at the new guy. Skylar smiled at the fact he constantly made his title longer. But why would he not deserve the title? It was mostly true any way.

Skylar had to think about Locke he seemed nice. Not to mention him and Jynx may have a thing going on. That was such a scandal in itself. Skylar had ti move his hair from in front of his eyes.

It would be fun to try these guys in combat training! "Would you guys like to try something fun?" Skylar smiled a bit deviously as if he was a child about to do something naughty.

"That's quite a mouthful," he remarked, his arms crossed against his chest. His fingers drummed lightly against his opposite arm in an erratic tempo. Locke tilted his head to the side as he processed the three titles the guy had just arbitrarily bestowed upon himself, as if he were the Queen of England. "For the sake of efficiency, I'm going to deem you Sky. Be grateful for it, because I just saved you about sixteen syllables."

He turned upon hearing the girl's objections and raised her a disarming smile. His arms unfurled and he took slow, leisurely steps until he was again close enough to reach out to her with his hand- if that were what he wished to do. Locke let his finger rest beneath her chin and lifted it just the slightest bit, before speaking in a warm, cheerful tone.

"Chin up," he said, letting his hand brush against her cheek. "If you've enjoyed even a moment of your time in this world, then it was a moment left unwasted." He drew back his fingers, but continued to hold her gaze. "Precious moments like those- they come in any world. So don't disregard them."

Locke leaned forward, wearing a sly look in his eyes as he answered to her charge. "There's no such thing as too friendly, unless you're asking me to stop. But I don't think you are."

A turn of his head brought his attention back to Skylar, and he shot the boy a feigned look of incredulity. "Do you even have to ask?"

• 3 weeks later...

Skylar's name made me giggle. He seemed to be a really fun guy to hang around and being his friend would probably be entertaining. But Locke's remark made me laugh which was far more loud than the giggle I had emitted just a second ago. I put a hand over my mouth to muffle the sound of my laugh which I thought was... ew. Yep that's how I would put it in words.

It seemed blushing was all I was doing today because as soon as Locke put his hand under my chin I broke out in redness. Just one touch from anybody was all it took for poor me. I stared at him seriously though still blushing and nodded.

I-I won't.

I frowned and looked away deciding to cross my arms over my chest. Well geez he didn't have to do that. But hey I just wasn't used to physical contact like so.

I don't think I am....

My head perked up when Skylar asked if we wanted to do anything. I turned towards the male and clapped.

What is it? You've already got my attention~