[PP-F2] Materials for a gift. Oikawa/Teayre

Scratching the eagle's head, Teayre leans back letting out a sigh. It'd been a couple of days since she spoke to Oikawa about forging Calrex some armour, but she'd been too busy to have time time to go and farm some mats with him. Opening up her menu she sorted out a quick PM for Oikawa.

Subject: Materials for Calrex

From Teayre

Heya Oikawa, If you're free today, would you be up for that farming I mentioned earlier, get some materials for yourself plus those for Calrex's armour. I'm on the second floor, was thinking one of the dungeons here should be safe enough for us.

Pressing send, Teayre sat on the floor, Beleram soaring far over head letting out cries of happiness before flying back down and perching itself on Teayre's shoulder. Nibbling at her ear.

"Easy there boy, and yes we're back on your home floor although, just to let you know we'll probably be going in a dungeon here, so you're more than welcome to either go see what Callie is up to or come along, or roam this floor for a bit till we come out you know."

Smiling she raised her hand again to scratch the eagles head.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oikawa had been camping out in his forge a lot recently. His motivation had begin to dwindle and on top of that his crafts weren't going so well. He was just about to start crafting for the day, when he received a PM from Teayre. Reading it over, he looked at King, and decided he would participate. "King! We have actually have an agenda for the day. Lets go!" Picking up the little leopard and placing him on his head, Oikawa typed out a quick PM and headed to the second floor.

Subject: Re: Materials for Calrex

Hey Teayre! I'm on my way! King and I need to get out the forge anyway haha!

A notification ping alerted Teayre to Oikawa's message, bringing her menu up she quickly reads through it. Hitting reply she sends a message back.

Subject: Re: Re: Materials for Calrex

Hokay, I'll send you a party invite so you know where to find me.

Hitting send, she located Oikawa in her friends list and sent him a party invite.

Beleram was beginning to get restless his talons kneading Teayre's shoulder.

"Easy there boy, he'll be here soon."

Oikawa stepped from the teleport gate and brought up his menu. Skimming Teayre's reply, he accepted the party invite and brought up his friend locator. Alright she's not to far from here. Patting the furry feline resting on his head, Oikawa bounded off for the gate. Once he arrived he could see a petite figure and her eagle companion resting easily on the ground. Oikawa strolled to them and greeted them. "Been a minute huh? How have you been Teardrop? Hey there Beleram!"

Her eyes raised as she heard the call from Oikawa, Beleram took off soaring high letting out a screech.

"Hey there Kawi, I've been good a bit busy though, what about yourself?"

Seeing King, she stood up and walked over to him before nuzzling his head with hers.

"Heya King."

Feeling a nibble on her ear, she looks at her shoulder and realises Beleram was there. One eye was giving her a look that seemed to pierce into her very soul.

"I'm sorry Beleram, I don't see King as often as I see you."

Reaching up she gently scratches between his wings.

"Better?"

Turning to Oikawa, she shifts her weight to one foot.

"Where would the best dungeon be for the materials then?"

"I've been lazy as of late to be completely honest. My shop has received quite the business though! Glad to hear you're doing well though!" King let out a soft purr as Teayre nuzzled with him. Oikawa then addressed Teayre's question. "As for dungeons, I here there is a nifty one just outside Taran Village. It's not much further than the main settlement of Delilah Village." Checking the time, Oikawa clasped his hands together before speaking again. "Well lets get moving. This dungeon ain't gonna raid itself haha!"

Standing back up she pulled her menu up and checked her equipment.

"That's not too far at all, well let's make a move there then."

Calling out to Beleram who had begun to drift fairly high, she began to set off towards Taran Village.

"What sort of materials are you looking for then Kawi? What sort of metal?"

"In particular, I'm looking for <Mineral Ingot(s)>. It's a cool metallic ore that can be found on low leveled floors like this one. I also hope to fine some <Azure Crystal(s)>. For Cal's armor." Brushing his bangs to the side, making sure not to push King, Oikawa asked a question of his own. "So what about you? What materials are you hoping to find? Speaking of mats, what profession are you going into?"

"Hmmmm, I'm thinking of becoming a tailor, I know there's a lot of them but I like making my own clothes I used to do it back in the real world... Besides I'll need to make things for Callie, As that boy has -no- sense of style at all."

Pausing for a second she points at a cave entrance in some rocks off the path. Beleram screeching as he flew over to it before circling back around and landing on Oikawa's shoulder and gently nibbled King's ear.

"Is that the entrance there Kawi?"

"Ah so you'll be a tailor like Ariel? Nice!" He then stifled a laugh as she commented on Cal's sense-of-style. "He's just different that's all haha." The mouth of the cave made its cameo as they rounded corner of the path. Beleram kindly squawked as he circled it before perching himself on Oikawa's shoulder and nipping at King's ear. The feline, as calmly as it could, pawed the bird right off Oikawa's shoulder before returning to his lazy laying state. 

"King, try not to push our friends away haha. They are the only people we got." Oikawa led Teayre into the cave, confirming her earlier inquiry. He followed the torches that lit the cavern. He made sure to keep an eye out for any mine-able materials. A glowing stone caught his eye. Walking towards it he inspected it. He was disappointed to see that the stone was nothing more than a shiny rock.

Glancing at Teayre, Oikawa spoke up. "Keep your eyes peeled for any materials and Mobs. This cave can be full of surprises."

[12950] LD: 4

"Keep your eyes peeled for any materials and Mobs. This cave can be full of surprises."

"Like shiny rocks?"

As Teayre taunted Oikawa a glaive came swopping down in front of here, centimeters from her face, a Kobold stepped out of it's hiding place, sending another strike at the girl who managed to draw her blade in time. Parrying the blow before retaliating her blade sailing underneath the glaive that  it was wielding striking it across the belly.

"I know what you mean Kawi, there are a lot of surprises in this cave... Then again it is a dungeon. Beleram get somewhere safe for now!"

Beleram hearing his master's call took off and headed towards the back of the cave letting out it's cry.

ID: 12726

BD: 6 (4 + 2 ACC)

MD: 5

LD:5

Teayre:  17/17

Oikawa: 32/32

Kobold: 17/20 3DMG

Oikawa's Stats:

HP: 32
Damage: 7 (1 Base + 3 OHR + 2 Weapon +1 Athletics)
Damage Mitigation: 4
Accuracy: 3
Evasion: 2
Thorns: 2 (activated on a Nat Enemy BD of 6,7 or 8)
Bleed: 2 (activates on a Nat BD of 8, 9 or 10)

Teayre teased Oikawa briefly before evading and parrying series of strikes from a hidden Mob. The Kobold stepped from the shadows and attacked them, Teayre managed to deliver a nice slash across its stomach. Not waiting for a call to switch, Oikawa lunged forward. As he drew his rapier, he took note of the glaive it carried and chose the most effective spot to hit the creature. I'll aim for the shoulder.

Jumping up, Oikawa arched his arm so that the point of impact would be on the creatures shoulder blade. The hit was more than a success as the Kobold staggered back and roared angrily. "Pipe down creature. Your end will come soon enough. Lets finish this one quickly Teayre."

ID: 12777

BD: 9 (Bleed Activated)

CD: 6

Kobold: 9/20 (-8) (Bleed 2/2 Turns)

As Oikawa scored his hit on the Kobold's shoulder Teayre was moving in as it swung the glaive towards her head it was clear that Oikawa's wound had thrown it's aim off as the blade clanged on the floor allowing Teayre to jump over it as she brought her falchion down across it's chest. Watching some more red crystals fall out of the point where Oikawa had stabbed the creature.

"Nice hit Kawi. I don't think this creature can put up much of a fight to be completely honest... Might be best putting it out of it's mis-"

A giant roar echoed throughout the cave as Teayre was about to finish her sentence.

"W-what was that? Anything you know of?"

ID: 19216

BD: 7(5 +2 ACC)

MD: 4

Kobold: 4/20 5DMG (3 Teayre +2 Bleed) (Bleed 1/2 Turns)

(My bleed inflicts two damage btw :P So the Kobold actually has 4/20 HP)

"Thanks," the blond exclaimed as he raced past Teayre to finish off the Mob. He raised his rapier to striking position as he lunged at the Kobold. In one sift motion he had stabbed the Mob right through the chest. After it's dispersion into crystals, Oikawa collected his loot and sheathed his blade. Just as he backed away, an ear-splitting roar reverberated through the cavern. He looked towards the girl with a confused expression. He had no more clue than she did. "Whatever it is, I hope it ain't looking for a fight. Otherwise. it better be a greater challenge than the Kobold."

ID: 13081

BD: 3 + 3 = 6

CD: 1

LD: 18

Kobold: 0/20 (7 + 2 Bleed) (Bleed 0/2 Turns) DEAD

[Oikawa received 1 material and 100 Col] 

ID: 13263

LD 4 [Nothing D:]

"I have to hope we don't run into it, otherwise it might actually cause a bit of trouble..."

Looking around she rushes over to the side of the cave where the kobold had emerged from, sticking her hand in there she fishes out a solid object.

"Oikawa, I think I found something, what do you think?"

Holding out the object for Oikawa to see, it's a very dark brown, and is solid like a rock yet it is warm to the touch.

[Teayre received brown rock]

" Not to be a buzzkill, but I think that's just a simple rock haha." Oikawa  said as he inspected the rock.  Giving it back to Teayre, he took a look around. There's gotta be a Mineral Ingots around here somewhere. He glanced over the cave floor and walls. He looked for any signs of glowing materials protruding from either surface. A glinting object caught his eye. He walked towards it so he could get a better look. The object was nothing more than a very shiny rock. "Looks like I found a rock as well haha!"

[13276] LD: 1

Teayre's face drops as she hears Oikawa telling her, that her brown stone is in fact just a rock. Letting out a giggle as her companion comments that he also found a rock, walking over to him she holds her stone up next to his.

"My rock is prettier though. What's that over there?"

Pointing over to a small patch that's glowing blue, Teayre walks over towards it carefully, her blade drawn her eyes darting around. As she rounds the corner she scoops up a small crystal, that's shining a fluorescent blue underneath the surface it appears as if it is filled with water and oil that swirl around creating various patterns within the stone.

"Say Oikawa, what do you think of this? If it's part of what we're looking for you can have it."

Tossing the ingot over to Oikawa she looks around, keeping her eyes  peeled in case any more mobs should show up.

ID: 13314

LD: 19

[Teayre Recieved Azure Crystal]

Oikawa could see the visible disappointment in her face as he explained that she had found a simple rock. Although it brightened at the fact that he found just a rock as well. "Yours can be prettier but mine is shiner haha!" She suddenly got excited as she spotted an <Azure Crystal>. She picked it up and tossed it to Oikawa. She said he could have it if that was what he was looking for. "This is exactly what I needed! Thanks"

He searched the cavern for more but only seemed to spot stupid brown rocks. The cavern suddenly shook, as another vicious roar echoed throughout the cave. "Stay alert! We may be having company soon."

[13345] LD: 1

OC: Up for a little bit of a mini boss mate? 

Letting out a nervous chuckle the roar echoed throughout the cave, her hand noticeably clenching her blade noticeably tighter a small bead of sweat dripping down the back of her neck.

"Stay alert! We may be having company soon."

"W-what do you think it could be Kawi?"

Quickly bringing her menu up, she selects Calrex from her friends list and hastily types him a message.

Subject: Loud Roar

Cal, just heard a giant roar in a dungeon on the second floor, it shouldn't be too much of a problem as I'm here with Oikawa but just in case. I love you.

Dismissing her menu after pressing send, she walks a bit further into the cave in which the walls start to straighten out more, looking as if they've been formed and shaped by someone or something. Scorch marks along the wall betray the tell tale signs of a deep fire, the floor had several deep gouge marks in, one of which sparkled slightly. Taking a closer look, Teayre realises that this is just where it's been burnt and melted slightly, not finding any material hidden deep in there.

"Say Oikawa, what do you think made these marks?"

Oikawa thought a bit. It was just a rumor. I honestly thought it had no merit, but the noises, the scorches, the warped flooring, all points towards the stupid myth. Teayre's question snapped him back to virtual reality. "It's quite possible the creature that caused this is a Field Boss known as <PyroScuttler>. It's an enormous scorpion that can paralyze its enemies with its stinger and inflict burn damage with its fire shooting claws. Luckily, its only a floor 2 Field Boss, so it's HP will probably be on the low side."

Oikawa loosened his armor to allow more air to flow to him. The cave seemed to rise in temperature the further they delved.