[OP-F1] To fight, or not to fight? (COMPLETE)

Failing to carry out his ability, he couldn't make it to the wolf in time. Watching as the wolf jumped into the air preparing to sink its teeth into Mono, I couldn't do anything in time. All I could do is yell. Mono! Move Quickly! or use an ability! I say in hopes he can react quick enough before the wolf gets him.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daeron said something in some language, then attempted a sword skill. But it failed, and he stumbled in the grass. The second wolf had gotten up by now and was snarling as it started to race towards the scattered group. I raised my bow, ready once again, and aimed for the center of the first wolf's skull.

(1-5) Misses

(6-10) Hits it between the eyes

He didn't know any abilities, and the wolf was already too close. Panicking, Sam threw up his shortsword in an attempt to save himself. The wolf's teeth closed around the short sword and Sam was knocked onto the ground. He tried to push the wolf off of him, but failed to do so. His eyes widened and his fear intensified. He couldn't save himself. He screamed out to his comrades, "Help me! Please help me! Hurry the hell up!"

I got back up in a hurry in an attempt to help. As I run to Mono, I notice that Sterling missed the other wolf which was coming straight for me now. This was a one shot moment. It was now or never. I shout out Blitz to use my self invented ability. I know I've never actually pulled it off in success, but this is a moment I need to do this. preparing my ability watching the wolf come in closer.

1- 4 Miss All 3 Attacks

5-6 1 Attack Hits injuring the first wolf

7-8 2 Attacks Hit Killing the First Wolf but missing the second one.

9-10 All 3 Attacks Hit Killing the First Wolf and injuring the second.

My shot missed badly. Daeron ran forward and sliced the first wolf, sending it into a tree before shattering. He was moving at an unbelievable pace, faster than any I had seen before. He launched at the second beast, hoping to do the same, but missed, vaulting right by it.

OK, time to actually help.

I put the bow away and got out a high damage knife. It glinted gold as I ran in front of Daeron and thrust up at the wolf with reversed grip.

(1-5) Misses and gets slammed into

(6-10) Flings the wolf over the both of them, killing it

Damn. I say turning around to face the wolf on Mono which Sterling missed. Letting out a grunt, I hold my daggers in a new grip. Die you damn dog! I refuse to let anyone die in my party. Let's go! Blitz one more time.

1-4 Miss All

5-6 1 Hit (Injure)

7-8 2 Hits (Kill)

9-10 3 Hits (Overkill)

Sam breathed a sigh of relief. The fight was over. He climbed to his feet, still breathing deeply and audibly. "Th-That was.. Way too close..." He stood up and stretched his back, recollecting himself. "Are you two alright? I know I took a beating, but what about you guys?" He ran a hand through his hair, steadying his breaths, checking over his equipment after he did so.

Looking at the wolf depixelating, I realize we did it. Yeah, I'm alright. Are you still able to continue? I ask leaning back against a tree. I hope more come, that was loads of fun, in fact it got me smiling a bit. I say while checking if my HP was still okay.

Daeeon

Level 4 55.6% Exp

HP 11/11

He couldn't let them down! He'd come so far, and he'd even made it through the first fight. "Yeah, I think I can continue. J-Just try and keep them off me next time, alright?" He moved his bag around to the front, so it was easier for him to focus and use his throwing weapons. Glancing over his health he realized that he had, luckily, lost only 1 point. More than likely, it was from the fall with the wolf.

Daeron looks into his starter bag and pulls out a small piece of bread and tosses it towards Mono. "Here ya go, that should heal you. I owe you that because of my lack of focus. As a level 1 we need to protect you since you only have 5 health. Us two have 11 so we can take a few more hits. Daeron explains with an apologetic tone of voice.

Sam catches the bread and takes a bite out of it, smiling at Daeron. "Hey, thanks. Although it'd be better if it actually tasted like something." Sam chuckled to himself, his health regaining. "And don't sweat about it, it's not your fault." He finished off his bread and nodded ahead. "If you two are ready we should probably get a move on. Before long it'll be late, and we don't want to be out here then."

I shook myself out of my thoughts. That had been a rough fight.

"Yeah, I'm good. Let's get that loot!" I turn look around.

The sun was about to set under the trees. It would be dark in a few hours.

"Since those wolves just spawned, we should make it the cave without seeing anything, but only if we hurry." I got in line as we continued through the dense overgrowth.

Next time, I have to do more to help. I resolved as the forest opened up a few minutes later.

The forest clearing opened up, into a large open field which, at the other end of it, had the cave the party were searching for. Although it may have seen like an easy straight to the cave, video game logic dictated that there would be enemies. "Keep on your guard, it's quiet. Too quiet." Sam drew two kunais and held them on two fingers, clenching his short sword tightly in his other hand. He advanced with the party, ready for a fight.

As Daeron began walking forward, with his dagger put away, and a sword out instead, Daeron continued to stay on his toes. "Guys, I have a bad feeling about this. Something just doesn't seem right." Daeron was looking around almost everywhere to see if anything seemed suspicious. "It feels as if we're being watched on our every move." Daeron though trying not to oversee anything.

Rage was wandering around the floors like always until he saw a group of 3, he decided to follow them and he felt something big was coming, he quickly shouted "GET BACK NOW!" Rage shouted at the top of his lungs as he dashed in front of the 3 while unsheathing his blade, defending them from the big green orc that had appeared in front of them, "Get lost you petty weakling.." Rage parried the orc's buckler and sword, he then retracted his sword and slayed the monster with one slash. "That was a close one.." Rage unsheathed his sword as he looked back towards the 3.

A life without risks is a life half lived

Rageagumon

Daeron heard a voice telling them to get back from behind. Quickly, Daeron turned around to see who screamed. It was Rage. They had an encounter before at a bar not too far back. "Why is he here?" Daeron asked himself while rolling his eyes. Daeron however, took caution and moved to the side realizing there was an orc that stood in front of them. He watched as Rage cut down the orc with ease. "I suppose you expect us to be thanking you and saying how we owe you now huh?" Daeron had asked this with a sarcastic tone of voice that almost seemed like he was trying to pick a fight. Even though Daeron was thankful, he didn't actually thank him for the assisstance.

Sam's brow furrowed slightly, he knew what Daeron was feeling. The party was currently on floor 1. Even if the Orc did look big and scary, the three of them could have probably taken it down. "Thanks for the help and all, buddy, but I'm pretty sure we can handle it from here." The guy was obviously fishing for compliments. He probably wanted some praise from the group, or something to that effect. Still he felt slightly anxious and expected a fight. He kept his kunais out, but held them behind his back, in case they were needed.

Rage. I thought bitterly.

"What brings you back down to Floor 1 Rage? Shouldn‘t you be busy being helpful on higher floors?"

I turned back to my companions. They seemed to share my uneasiness. Why Rage was in this forest had to do something with the loot inside the cave. I had seen first hand what money can do to a person, so I tightened my grip on my knife.

Something doesn‘t add up. A player like Rage wouldn‘t come all the way back down without a reason. I contemplated as I glared at the new arrival.

Daeron had took a glance at his other party members, which both looked like they were uncomfortable. Daeron already didn't like Rage from a previous encounter, but this is really testing Daeron's patience. He pulls out his sword out of sheer discomfort. Daeron looked back at Rage to see the look he was being given. He still wondered why Rage is willing to "help" us, if he didn't like one of the members. He couldn't pull any conclusions as to why he was here, but for the loot that the cave holds.