Weapon Selection.

Weapon Based Buffs  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want buff based on the type of weapon, regardless if it has enchantments on it?

• Yes, I think this would be a great idea.
    • Maybe, if its a reformed a bit and improved on.
    • No, I like the old system better.

We all know that there is different weapons types and well we all pick different ones to suit our character but I don't really see any differences. For instance, I chose a One-Handed Rapier, but its purely insignificant. It wouldn't have mattered had I chosen a One-Handed Sword. Sure people make One-Handed Swords over others, but it isn't that big of a deal. What would be cool would be to have buffs on weapons, regardless if has any on it already.

One-Handed Curved Sword

+1 Accuracy

-1 Evasion

Since most swords that are curved have longer reach, you would be be able to reach your target from afar, but since you'll be recoiling from the attack, you would lose evasion

One-Handed Rapier

+1 Evasion

-1 Damage

Since the rapier is a light sword that could be swung with little effort, you could easily evade an attack but since the sword is not really heavy, it doesn't do as much damage.

These are just few of possible buffs and just to say, these buffs wwould be on any type of sword you use since you aren't confined to using one. If I use a rapier then an axe, I use the axes buffs not the rapier's. Also, lets say a rapier has +1DMG on it because of the blacksmith, the damage cancels out but you will never have 0 damage. 

I propose something like this earlier with more focus on using 1 hand with shield vs using a shield last year dec...

then the gm Completely rework armor so that heavy armor people are "Encourage to use shield..." (I hate this change cause it nerf me but I love it because it fixed the opness of using a shield lol))

Well, in canon (is everyone comfortable with that term?) all new characters start out with the skills Straight Sword and Curved Sword. From there, as you get better with those skills, you unlock the two handed versions, as well as things like Rapier, etc...

They also basically say that if you're using a 1 handed weapon, you use a shield as well. Ausna points this out as it being very odd for Kirito to use a 1 hand sword but not a shield, and says that the only people who do that are ones who want to look cool, or rapier users, who focus on speed over damage.

None of these issues are viable in our system since we don't have a way to implement a speed stat. We also don't have equipment slots like they do in the show, so that makes things difficult as well.

I would like to see weapon differences implemented, but until someone can come up with a good way to do this that doesn't involve reworking the entire system, then I don't see this happening.

You see what would really be a true "cannon" bringing rework is somehow finding away to bring in the GGO atribute system used on this site. As it actually focuses on things like speed and strength rather than raw damage and evasion. Like the reason rapier users don't use shields (in cannon) is because the rapier requires very high speeds to remain effective. I feel that merging the skill system of raw SAO RPG and the atribute based system of the GGO RPG would make the difrences in weapon types make more sense and even the armor difrences. Making the system feel more "cannon" but at the same time not over complicating things.