[PP-F1] The View at Sunrise (Crozeph) COMPLETED

Last night while sitting in her usual place enjoying her usual meal of liquor, Azazel decided to do something she found very brave or very dumb. She had not determined which it was as she had not yet done it; however, her mind was made up. When the sun rose, Zaz was going to go outside of the walls of the town of beginnings and see exactly what was waiting for her.

An hour before sunrise, Anna had begun to walk all the way to the edge of town. She found herself standing at a stone arch entrance that separated the starting city from the rest of the floor and waited patiently as the sun began to creep up into the sky. She leaned her body against the dark gray stones and stared out before her watching the sky go from blue to a swirling vision of oranges and reds and then she saw it. This side of town was upon a hillside and following below was a road and a tall grassy field that rustled with the cool breeze that blew through it. There were trees sparsely dotting the land and pretty blooms of wildflowers here and there. All in all it was very pretty.

Zaz stood there for a moment taking it all in, scanning around for signs of anything living or moving. She didn’t think monsters would venture so close to town, but it was better to check to be sure. The only thing that was moving was the grass, and Anna felt safe to venture out a little further. About twenty paces from the safety of the gate was a tree. The woman moved toward it and found herself sitting down under it in the soft grass just looking at everything around her in amazement.

“Sooo this is what it’s like…†she said to herself softly. 

Crozeph lay still on the top of the tree, almost lifeless and completely unaware of his surroundings. He has been having troubles sleeping with the bad memories of his first day in Aincrad flashing every now and then but today was y different, he slept soundly at the top of the tree. Crozeph's hood covered his eyes shielding it from the sun who is now peeking and its light passing through the leaves. 

Crozeph opened his eyes and saw that the sunlight hasn't touched the ground. He shifted cautiously to avoid falling and as he tried to sit and pulled down the hood of his coat, he saw someone sitting just below the tree. A woman and it seems she trying to sleep or waiting for the sunrise "you rarely see people give a damn about the sunrise, weather, moonlight, and stuff" he thought. Crozeph has been taking a liking to sitting on top of the trees, much safer than the crawling creatures below. Crozeph then noticed that she stopped moving "drunk?" he thought. Crozeph then stood up and pulled his hood covering his hair revealing his eyes and a few of his fringes. Crozeph walked on the branch and then perched, then with a quick motion he hung upside down from the branch, using his legs to keep himself up. Crozeph looked at her and heard her talk "...this is what it's like to be outside and watch everything" he told her, finishing her words.

“Yes, something like that,†she replied thoughtlessly when she heard someone speak.

WAIT.

She heard someone speak?

Azazel became uneasy. She had thought she’d come out here alone, but someone got the drop on her. She stood and whipped about to look behind her but no one was there. The leaves rustled above her from the breeze causing her to look up. She had forgotten to check above her when she sat down. How stupid could she be?

Sure enough there was someone dangling not to far above her. Anna jumped back and placed her hand on the hilt of her rapier. Fear got the better of her and she could feel a lump forming in her throat and her heart racing in her chest. Slowly she wrapped her fingers around her rapier and held onto it tightly ready to draw if need be. She had not yet used her weapon, and her level was so low she doubted she could properly defend herself, but she had to try. Zaz was not going to die here, not like this, and not today.

“I’m terribly sorry…†she said cautiously, “I had no idea anyone was sleeping up there.†She squeezed the hilt of her sword tightly. 

Crozeph made a stifled laughter at the girl's reaction, he's making people scared much easier as time passes and add up his black coat "can't blame her" he thought. Crozeph started swing back and forth, keeping himself upside down and looking at the woman hand is now on the hilt of her weapon "no problem with that, I was already awake when I saw you, you didn't wake me up and beside..." Crozeph pointed somewhere but having a hard time how "...yeah I forgot I'm upside down" Crozeph pointed on the sun "the sun is almost up, getting scared early in the morning is a bit bad for the brain" he told her "don't worry, the city is still near" he added. Crozeph tried to get up but was then struggling and then as he managed to reached the branch and climbed up, his legs gave way making him fall on the ground.

A loud thud was heard after he fell. Crozeph landed face down on the ground, his weapon still up in the tree. After a few seconds he stood up and brushed off the leaves and twigs clinging on his hair and coat. "It's fine, you can sit here anytime you want" he told her "sorry about my sudden entrance" he added. Crozeph then started climbing back up on the tree reaching for his white katana "so, how long have you been staying inside the cit..." Crozeph fell down again but this time his weapon is in his hand "...in the city?" he asked. 

Zaz watched the man as he seemed to be trying to figure out exactly how to get back up into the tree from his position, talking to her all the while. He did not seem to be threatening her, but she was not sure she could let her guard down yet, all things considered.

“… getting scared early in the morning is a bit bad for the brain" he said to her.

“I agree,†she responded, still not making a move.

"don't worry, the city is still near"

“I know, I was just there. I came out here for some fresh air.â€

The man struggled to get back up, but his legs gave out before he could, and he came crashing down from the tree, landing face down on the ground. Zaz face curled up feeling his pain, “Are you alright?†she asked him keeping herself at a distance. He sat up and began to dust himself off, still speaking to her as if nothing happened. He apologized for startling her; she just nodded and forced a smile. She noticed that he was trying to get something from the tree. It was his weapon in its sheath. Someone he’d managed to get it stuck up in the tree when he’d fallen out. He climbed up a bit grabbing onto the sword as he continued to talk to her, but feel once more. This time his weapon was in his hand.

“I uhhh…†she said as she took another slow step back, “Just a day. I came to get some rest, after so much leveling up,†she lied. “And what brings you here?â€

Her eyes darted between the man’s face and his sword. If and when he drew his weapon, she would be ready for him… she hoped.

Crozeph strapped the 3 foot weapon on his back, tightening and loosening the strap anxiously "I'd like to carry this in my hand but then I'm scared I might just drop it off somewhere" he told her. Crozeph then crossed his arms and smiled at her at the mention of leveling up and noticed her taking a step back "the coat scares you too huh" he said. Crozeph unequipped with his coat leaving only his white armor and white shirt "see the coat is for camouflage, well I don't know about now with all the light revealing my coat" he said. Crozeph equipped his coat back "yes, leveling up" he mumbled "I used to be grinding like hell back when we first got trapped here but now..." Crozeph looked up on the tree "...I'm just getting lazy as each day pass us by" he told her then he pointed at the sun, his eyes still on her "and enjoying the sunlight every now and then" he added. Crozeph could still feel that she feels threatened so he had to say something "let me tell you something funny..." Crozeph raised both his hands up to his shoulders "I strap my weapon at the back so I'll have a hard time reaching for it to attack, think of it as a safety button for guns" he told her.

The man’s arm stayed in his hands for a moment, and then carefully he slung it across his back. “It is much easier to keep them at the ready isn’t it?†she said. He crossed his arms and smiled at her as he noticed her backing away.

“It’s not the coat that’s concerning,†she said smirkingly.

He removed the coat and showed her that the design of the thing was intended to provide camouflage, and then equipped it once more. He mentioned grinding early on, which meant he was probably many levels higher than she. Even if she could somehow manage to defend herself, it wouldn’t be long before she was killed. But the way he talked, he didn’t seem like he was there to harm her, but there to enjoy the lovely weather and view. He pointed at the sunrise behind her, but she kept her eyes on him. Only a fool would turn around in this situation.

"Let me tell you something funny..." he began.

“What’s that?†She answered.

"I strap my weapon at the back so I'll have a hard time reaching for it to attack, think of it as a safety button for guns"

Anna’s hand fell from the hilt of her sword, and she took a deep breath. She realized that he didn’t seem intent on harming her, not yet anyway. She smiled softly,

“I like to keep mine in reach, so think of it like I’m always packing heat.†Maybe if she kept talking a big game, he’d be less inclined to mess with her, if that was his aim. 

"Most players do place their weapon for easy reach..." he told her "...unfortunately I never learned to do it" he added. Crozeph has been strapping his weapons on his back all his time inside the game "even when I had a one-handed weapon" he said. All of a sudden a strong gust of wind blew making his black coat billow crazily even when it's not that long. Crozeph struggled keeping the hood out of his head, thinking that if he keeps putting it on he'll be scaring everyone he meets "sunrise and strong winds don't go together well" he told her "and since you seem to still be on guard of any monster or suspicious people like me..." Crozeph opened his menu and checked his inventory "...maybe a little breakfast could..." Crozeph whipped out a box of chocolate he bought a long time ago "this can't be breakfast" he looked at the box annoyingly. Crozeph opened it and saw that only one chocolate has been taken from the 4x4 contents of it "want some?" he asked. Crozeph took a quick step forward, leaving no chance for her to react and after a blink of an eye he was in front of her, close and more threatening. Crozeph handed the box to her "hold it for a second" he told her. Crozeph reached for his weapon on his back slowly and looking past her "two direwolves behind you, maybe they're looking for breakfast" he told her. 

Crozeph and the girl remained standing for a few seconds, he could hear the faint snarling the wolves are making and their fangs seen "keep you hand on your weapon...just in case I mess up" he told her, whispering.

• x2 direwolves
  • 10 HP each

Strands of Azazel's dark brown hair escaped her twist as the wind kicked up again. She brushed the bits she could behind her ears not worrying too much about the ones that still remained free. The wind wasn’t only a problem for her as the man before her finally removed his hood so it would stop being pulled about by the wind.

Anna watched him as he spoke and produced a package of something. He walked over toward her holding a box of what appeared to be chocolates. The woman had no time to accept one however as she noticed that something had caught his attention. Zaz felt a chill run down her spine as the man handed her the box of chocolates telling her to hold on to it. His hand reached around behind him and every so slowly he drew his weapon. Anna was frozen with fear. She looked down at the box of chocolates in her hands, her finger had wrapped so tightly around the box’s edge that she was beginning to crush it up a bit. But this was not the time for her to be afraid, not if she wanted to live, and Anna Maria Vilasquez wanted to live.

Slowly Anna turned to face the snarling noises behind her and ever so carefully she loaded the chocolates into her inventory for safekeeping else she’d lose their breakfast. She lifted her left foot ever so gently and placed it behind her inching back as much as she could before the animals would strike. They looked hungry, so indeed they would strike. He told her to keep her hand on her weapon and Anna just nervously nodded. Her fingers crept to her belt and felt along the edge until her fingertips hit the hilt of her blade. She wrapped her fingers around her rapier tightly waiting for what she knew would come next. 

Crozeph and the wolves kept their eyes locked on each other. It seems no predator wants to get killed but Crozeph sees his disadvantage "she's between us" he thought. Crozeph saw her load the box in her inventory "this is going to hurt woman, I just have to do it" Crozeph inched sideways gaining a few space to move forward "I'll try to fend them off" he said. the wolves began charging and it made Crozeph react. He quickly wrapped his right arm on her waist and spun around, reaching for his sword with his left hand "sorry about this..." Crozeph hurled the woman away from him with the wolves closing in fast. Crozeph pulled his katana and tried to gain a stable footing. Crozeph slashed upward at the first wolf who tried to pounce on him launching it higher before it landed back away from him but there was another one. The second wolf took a bite on his shoulder causing for him to wince. Crozeph rolled to pin down the wolf who jumped back before Crozeph could pin it. 

Crozeph stood up, the wolf bit his shoulder where he's holding his sword and that would make things only worse not for him but for the woman "what if these wolves are too much for her to handle?" he thought. Crozeph raised his sword and eyed the wolves are now ready to attack them again. Crozeph turned his head to face the woman he just threw somewhere "stay behind me, you don't have to fight wit..." Crozeph placed his hand on his wounded shoulder "such a powerful bite" he thought.

[15282]

Battle Dice: [4] + [2] accuracy = [6] success

1 base + 3 weapon skill +3 Bleeding Dove +1 athletics = 8 damage

Mob Dice: [10] critical success

2 damage +2 critical = 4 damage

Crozeph 57/61

Azazel 17/17

Wolf 1 2/10

Wolf 2 10/10

Azazel was only able to move back a pace before everything went askew. The wolves charge, as did the man who rushed up from behind her. He wrapped an arm around her waist and spun around easily and drawing his weapon.  He apologized to Anna and before she could think as to what he might be sorry for, she quickly found out.  The man tossed her aside to keep her out of harms reach. She was tumbled back and hit the ground, rolling a couple of times through the grass. Zaz rolled over in time to see the combatants collide.

Everything happened in a matter of seconds. The man drew his katana and slashed at the first wolf causing quite bit of damage to the animal. Zaz got to her feet as the second wolf grabbed onto the man’s shoulder and bit down. He tried to pin the creature down, but it broke free from his grasp. He yelled at her to stay back, but she couldn’t just idly sit by and do nothing. Anna pulled her rapier from its sheath and charged at the pair of wolves. She took aim at the already injured wolf, and made contact with it. It was too late for her to run now, she was in this fight, and if she wanted to live, Zaz was going to have to win.

It was as simple as that. 

15284     2015-05-04  05:14:26

BD: 7 (+1 DMG weapon skill)

MD: 8

Crozeph 57/61

Azazel 16/17

Wolf 1 0/10 DEAD

Wolf 2 10/10

((edited for mob attack... forgot to add it since I killed it XD!))

Edited by Azazel

The next move of the wolf was a blunder as Crozeph rolled away before it could take another bite off him again but he also messed up. Crozeph rolled too far away from the wolf leaving no room for him to reach it with his katana. He was grateful that the woman finished off the first one, makes things a lot more easier. "Ok I'll get it's attention while you try to chip away it's HP" he told her. Crozeph quickly ran around the grass, circling and it was effective. The wolf began charging at Crozeph chasing him "I need to keep it at her reach" he thought. Crozeph suddenly skidded and change the direction of his run making the wolf run closer to him and the woman. Crozeph then stopped waiting for the woman to execute her attack while the wolf is closing in quickly on him "I'll be ready for the worst case scenario" he thought as he placed his hand on the hilt of his sword.

[15315]

Battle Dice: [3] + [2] = [5] fail

Mob Dice: [2] = fail

Crozeph 57/61

Azazel 17/17

Wolf 2 10/10

Anna felt a pain in her arm and she looked down to see that the wolf she’d finished off managed to land a blow. It was only a scratch, nothing to be too concerned about, not when there was another wolf to finish off. She looked around and saw the man was trying to deal with the healthy wolf. It seemed eager to get a hold of the man again, and he was doing his best not to let it. The wolf left at him, and the man managed to successfully roll away from the creature.

"Ok I'll get it's attention while you try to chip away it's HP†he shouted.

“I can do that,†Zaz said smiling confidently.

The man moved back toward her drawing the wolf’s attention; Zaz readied her weapon to strike once the animal was within reach. She stabbed at the beast and made contact with its belly. It tried to slash at her with its paw, but she moved away from the strike dodging it as she withdrew her sword from its body and hopped back. Anna’s motions were actually quite fluid, and she felt very graceful in her footwork. She readied herself for the next attack as she followed the animal’s movements with her eyes.

15319     2015-05-05  07:33:56

BD: 8 (+1 DMG weapon skill)

MD: 1

Crozeph 57/61

Azazel 16/17

Wolf 2 8/10

The wolf seem to have taken a decent damage from the woman and Crozeph liked it. Unsheathing his katana, Crozeph gazed at the woman and smiled "this will be over quick" he said. Crozeph took a step back and charged forward and attacked the charging wolf who seem to have taken no interest on the woman who landed a blow on it "want to bite more than you can chew huh?" he said. Crozeph thought that he could use the attack he used on one the the floor boss in his early days. Crozeph made a sudden stop and then slashed upward, the attack was weak but Crozeph used the momentum of the charging wolf to give more power to his attack making it look like the wolf ran itself into its own death. The wolf shattered as it went past Crozeph who just stood there and moved a little to attack.

Crozeph sheathe his sword back and crossed his arms "well let's hope that was the first and last trouble this morning" he told her. Crozeph began walking towards her, planning to ask her something he always forget.

[15393]

Battle Dice: [5] + [2] = [7] success

1 base +3 weapon skill +3 Bleeding Dove +1 athletics = [8] damage

Mob Dice: [2] fail

Crozeph 57/61

Azazel 16/17

Wolf 2 0/10 DEAD

Loot Dice: [19] + [1] = [20] loot found

50 Col + 1 material

The man told Anna that things would be over in a moment and gave her a smile. She felt at ease knowing that he had the ability to finish the creature off and she returned his smile and nodded. He unsheathed his weapon and charged the beast, slicing it up in one blow. He returned his weapon to its sheath and turned to face her.

"well let's hope that was the first and last trouble this morning" he said as he crossed his arms against his chest.

Zaz was grateful that the man was out here when she arrived. If she had to face both wolves alone, she would surely be dead right this very moment. “Thank you…†She said as he walked toward her. 

Crozeph reached her after a few steps and scratched his head "you did well back there, can't say it's your first time encountering any danger" he told her. Crozeph then looked around again just to make sure using his search and detect skill and found nothing...for now. "So have you tried the chocolates? they're good, not the best but enough to keep you smiling for a few hours" he said "not in a tipsy way of course" he added. Crozeph then opened his inventory and saw that he gained loot from killing the last wolf "I'd like to give these to you, you'll be needing them in the future" he said. Crozeph then closed his menu and stretched out his hand for a handshake "sorry for grabbing you earlier, I'm Crozeph but people call me crow here" he said "nice meeting you..." Crozeph realized he didn't ask for her name yet and smiled nervously.

Anna beamed with pride. This was indeed her first fight and she had come out of it practically unscathed. She wore her pride all over her round little face, but she couldn't help but to smile. The man picked up on her unusual demeanor and commented. " Oh... of course not," she smiled even wider. She was glad to keep her secret. He mentioned the chocolates; Zaz had nearly forgotten about them. "Oh no,' she said as she quickly opened her inventory and re-materialized the box," she took a chocolate and offered the box to him. Azazel popped the sweet in her mouth. The deep chocolate flavor melted into her mouth and she purred in delight. " These are very good," she garbled through her mouthful of delicious chocolate. She snagged another one form the box and greedily stuffed it into her puffy cheeks. 

The woman watched as the man opened up his inventory; she wondered what he would produce next. Maybe he had win to wash the sweets down with. He didn't produced wine, but he gathered something and then held a hand out to her as he introduced himself. "Nice to meet you," she said as she placed her hand in his to shake it. " I'm Azazel..." she gave him her name realizing she had not told him yet. 

Crozeph smiled at the name he heard "Azazel, for a moment your name sounded like a demon" he said. Crozeph has heard the name anywhere back in the outside world. Name for formidable opponents or even the protagonist's other side and also...a name for a woman. "It was for no offense, I guessing that's not the real name but I have no intentions to pry anymore of your well kept secrets" he said before taking a chocolate from the box "man that girl sure make things good" he said as he swallowed the chocolate. Crozeph felt the sunlight on his face and he cold wind blowing on the other side, something he liked and disliked at the same time "natural and normal, yet I feel annoyed by how it works even in here" he mumbled. Crozeph then opened his menu again and sent an invitation to her, transferring something "here, I was thinking what I had gained from the kill earlier" he said. Crozeph transferred the col and material, something that might help her in the future.

• Crozeph transferred 50 Col and 1 material

"It is the name of a demon," she grinned and giggled as she slowly released his hand. This was actually the first time she'd used the moniker. In previous games she'd gone by "Azrael", but that name had already been taken, so she chose Azazel because it was a name of another fallen angel. She liked it. It implied that she was dangerous and in a game like this, any intimidation tactic was a bonus. He said he was sure that it was probably not her user name, so she sent him a friend request so that he could see she was telling him the truth. "So you can rescue you me in the future," she laughed. "My real name is Anna," she said offering him her hand again. It felt weird telling another player her actual name, but it was also a bit of a relief. if she did die here then at least one person would know who she actually was. 

Anna took another chocolate form the box and offered more to Crozeph. He remarked how good they were and she nodded in agreement. "Delicious," she said with another mouthful. The man transferred something to her and she checked her inventory to see what it was. Apparently, it was what they'd gotten from the kill.

"Thank you," she said rather surprised. " Are you sure you don't need this though?  I mean you did most of the work, I merely gave them mercy after you brutalized them." She didn't think what she did deserved this.