PP - F1 Beneath the Black Iron Palace (Oikawa) (Completed)

As Oikawa and Calrex arrived at the underground waterway in the back of the Black Iron Palace Calrex made sure that the Grand Chariot armor was sitting correctly on him as he quickly stretched, opening and closing his fists as he looked over at his fellow party member, "Alright, let's get going and see what we can find."

With that he began to descend down the staircase, looking left and right to make sure there were no traps that were primed to be activated. The passageway seemed to be well lit enough that his <<Night Vision>> didn't activate, but he made sure his <<Reveal>> skill was active so that he could easily see through the immediate walls around them to see if there were any potential enemies waiting in ambush.

"Nothing so far. See anything Oikawa?"

The underground waterway led to a narrow passage that descended into lit darkness. Before entering, Calrex equipped his armor and offered some words of encouragement. Oikawa nodded before speaking. "I'm as ready as ever. Here's to finding something worthwhile down here." With their morale high, Oikawa followed the armor clad player down into the depths of the underground palace.

Nothing seemed out of place as the transcended through the darkness. Although, Oikawa didn't have a clue what the place was suppose to loo like to begin with. Calrex inquired if the blonde had seen anything yet. "Nothing seems out of sort, though I don't know what out of sort would look like seeing as how this is my first time venturing down here. However, those massive doors up ahead could lead to something I reckon."

Calrex looked in the direction Oikawa noted, seeing the hallway straight ahead ended at a pair of large double doors. It appeared to be of a more sturdy construction, as it appeared to be made of a hunk of metal with a couple of simple ring handles. The weight itself probably was more than enough to deter any possibly intruders. "Alright then, let's take a look."

He made sure to peer through the door itself using his <<Reveal>> skill to make sure no monsters laid in wait. On the other side appeared to be a large circular room which had three similar passageways on the opposite, left, and right walls. It appeared to be a connecting passage that would allow the two players to choose what route to take next. "Looks clear in there from what I can make it."

He stood in front of one of the door, grabbing the handle. It was definitely heavy and would require both of his hands to pry it open, "We'd best open both to be sure."

Once Oikawa was in position he would pull, opening the left door. Upon entering inside he would look at the each of the pathways, "Alright, now the question of which door to take next."

OOC: LD roll of 1-7 means we'll take the Right Passage. Roll of 8-13 means Middle Passage, and roll of 14- 20 means Left Passage.

IC:

[15169] LD: 4

The large wooden doors loomed over the players as they reached it. Calrex stepped to the door as if to open it. Oikawa wondered why he was just standing there, when Cal commented on how the room seemed safe enough to enter. That reveal skill is nifty. "If the coats is clear, shall we?" Gesturing to the door, Oikawa watched as the bluenette grabbed the left door handle and poised himself to tug. Mimicking the Cal, Oikawa grasped the door handle and started count. 

"Alright, on 3. 1..2..3"

With a moaning creek surrounded by heavy breathing, the door slowly glided open to reveal a large room with 3 options of passage. Oikawa surveyed each opening. All three are identical. Hopefully I'm not over looking anything. "I'm no dungeon master, but I say we should go down the right passage."

OOC: Implementing the Danger Level system! This time anything below a 10 will result in a +1 to the Danger Level, with an encounter activated upon reaching full.

IC:

ID: 15170

Loot Dice: 17

As Oikawa decided on the right passage Calrex gave a nod, using his skill once again to clear the other side of the passage, "Looks to be clear on the other side. Although..."

As he let his eyes focus he saw at the very edge of his skill's vision that the path seemed to separate into two routes. One branched off to the left at a right angle, proceeding down while the other continued straight ahead, "Looks like we're gonna have to decide again after going through these doors. I think let's take the right passage and continue on this side from the room."

With that he readied and pushed open the double doors, heading down the path.

Danger Level:

Calrex: 0/3

Oikawa: 0/3

[15173] LD: 17

As they followed the right-most passage, Calrex informed the blonde that the next room separated into two more paths. Causing them to again, make a decision. The bluenette offered that they go right once again. With his reveal skill, he'll see danger coming first. I trust him to lead us to the righteous path. 

"Right it is then."

Oikawa patted King to see if the cub was awake. A soft purr confirmed that the cub was indeed awake. "Say King, your ability is healing right? Can you only heal me or others as well?" Oikawa knew the familiar couldn't answer but asked anyway. "What do you think Cal?"

Danger Level:

Calrex: 0/3

ID: 15175

Loot Dice: 6 (+1 to Danger Level)

As Calrex lead the way down the right path he slowed his pace for a second as he heard what he thought was movement coming from the left hallway. It sounded like it had begun to get louder, like whatever was making the noise was heading towards them. Directing Oikawa he had them speed up for a few paces before moving back to a normal pace, "Alright, looks like we just narrowly avoided an encounter. We should be alright for now."

With that he continued moving forward. This time they came to a three-pronged path, with each route branching off at 45 degree angles, "Alright, looks like each one seems clear so far. Which one do you think we should take?"

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

[15184] LD: 5 (We go Right)

[15185] LD: 7 (+1 to Danger Level)

As they transitioned to the next room, noises could be heard coming from the opposite hallway. Although neither of them knew exactly what was causing it, they were relatively sure they had avoided a MOB. 

Cal's next comment echoed the sentiment. As they moved from the hallway, the room opened up into another area that had 3 different paths. Looking to Cal for information on how the rooms look, Oikawa pondered the options. Keeping right has kept us safe so far. If it isn't broke, don't fix it right? "I say we continue right. It have led us to our doom yet and I' not looking to start anything up."

Low rumbles broke through the mild silence that layered the room. They came from the middle and left passages. As if something or things were closing in on them. If they didn't get a move on quick, they might have to brawl it out. "C'mon Cal lets move." Gripping King, Oikawa sprinted into the right-most passage.

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

Oikawa: 1/3

ID: 15193

Loot Dice: 2 (+2 to Danger Level)

As Oikawa took note of more noises coming from the other two hallways Calrex acknowledged his concern and quickly followed him down the right passageway. As they continued to move he tried to use his <<Reveal>> skill to see through the wall to the other two, in case he could get an idea of which monsters could be making their way towards the group. Unfortunately as the passage arced off away from the other two routes they fell out of the limit of its vision.

After some time continuing down they came to another set of double doors. Like clockwork Calrex made sure to clear the room before directing Oikawa, the two opening the doors once again. This time there weren't three options like before. Instead there were only doors straight ahead and to the left.

"Hm...going from what I remember of dungeon crawlers we'll need to keep track of when our options become more limited, because it could mean that we have hit a wall in the layout of the dungeon, kind of like the stretches of wall in a maze. It might help should we need to remember what paths we have already taken."

"Alright which way do you think Oikawa? I'm putting my bets on straight. If this serves what I'm thinking it might help us in getting an idea of the layout of this dungeon."

As he spoke he heard movement getting closer from behind. Whatever had begun moving towards them previously was getting closer.

Danger Level:

Calrex: 2/3

Oikawa: 1/3

[15194] LD: 12 (We go Straight)

[15195] LD: 5 (+1 to Danger Level)

The path like so many before it, came to a set of double doors. Calrex surveyed the area behind it. Making sure that they were in the clear. Our options are down to two. How long before we are down to one option? I suppose we can cross that bridge when we get there. Oikawa looked at the doors and then spoke. "Let's proceed straight then." 

Pushing through the double doors, Oikawa led the way as they followed the path straight ahead. Louder rumbles begin to echo throughout the labyrinth-like dungeon. "My spidey-senses are tingling Cal. I don' like it one bit."

Danger Level:

Calrex: 2/3

Oikawa: 2/3

ID: 15196

Loot Dice: 6 (+1 to Danger Level)

Encounter Activated!

ID: 15197

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5

Calrex nodded Oikawa also decided that heading straight was their best option. As he headed for the double doors he made sure it was clear, although he did notice that the path on the other side of it went only a few steps before going around a corner. As he began to push the door open his eyes widened as he saw the shadow of a creature quickly make its way around the corner, "Shoot, looks like we've got company."

He quickly leapt back as something slammed into the ground right where he was standing earlier. There was only a moderately thin opening between the doors, but the monster easily slid its way through, emerging into the well-lit room. It was a decently sized slime, but it was fairly transparent, which made it easy to deduce that even with his <<Reveal>> skill Calrex would have had difficulty making it out against the walls of the dungeon, "Guess this guy managed to sneak his way closer without me noticing."

Calrex quickly rushed in to try and strike the slime, but as he did the slime backed off good distance, leaving some residue on the floor. As his foot hit that residue the slimy substance forced his foot to slide out from under him, making Calrex land on his back, "Guh...Oikawa switch!"

Danger Level:

Calrex 3/3 (Encounter Active)

HP List

Calrex: 63/63

Oikawa: 63/63

Enemies:

Dungeon Slime: 31/31

The path ended in another room with a turn up ahead. However their passage options was the lesser of his concerns as a transparent glob slicked it's way into the room. "Well it's nearly transparent, so even with Reveal I doubt it would've made much a difference."

Oikawa then unsheathed his rapier and activated his shield. I don't know how strong it is but regardless, it will die here. Calrex lunged first, The slime quickly evaded the armored bluenette leaving behind a slippery residue in it's place. As Cal landed with a thud, Oikawa leaped into the air and aimed his rapier down at the slime. The with blurring speed, he appeared right in front of the slime. The blonde quickly drove his rapier into the mob, before retracting the blade and stepping back.

"Switch!!"

[15198] BD: 8 (6+3-1)

Danger Level:

HP List

Enemies:

Dungeon Slime: 22/31 (-9)

ID: 15199

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

As Oikawa quickly closed the distance between himself as the slime Calrex began getting to his feet. He had fallen and partially slid around in whatever goop the monster had left, and it had coated his armor in a light layer, "Yuck, well this is new...and disgusting..."

As he got to his feet he shook his head, most of the slime on his helmet quickly detaching. He quickly regained his balance as he saw the slime attempt to shoot a tendril at Oikawa, only to have it shoot far to the left of its intended target. As Calrex closed in he used the slime as a slick surface to slide and quickly close the distance, attempting to punch as he came into striking range. He watched as his fist seemed to go on target, but then as it made contact with that small layer of slime coating his arm it acted almost like a magnet, pushing the slime's body away from it as his fist came into connecting distance. Calrex slid past as he turned to keep his eyes on their opponent, "Shoot, Oikawa be careful about that residue it left on the floor. It seems to prevent us from scoring a hit on it. I'll try and get this stuff off, but keep the pressure on!"

With that Calrex quickly began wiping the slime off of his striking limbs, the goop falling to the ground around him as the metallic shine of the armor began to show from underneath.

HP List

Enemies:

Dungeon Slime: 22/31

Slimy tentacles rushed towards the blonde as he retreated back. Using his shield, he deflected the volley of blows as shouted to Calrex, "Noted!" He then lunged forward once more. That slime is really giving Cal a hard time. Maybe I'm just lucky? Well regardless I need to continue to deal damage to this thing. Rushing to the left to evade the pools of slime, Oikawa raised his blade once more. 

Much to his dismay, he had overlooked another puddle of slime and charged right through it. Throwing him off the, blonde decided to halt his attack until he could remove the slick stuff from the bottom of his foot. "Cal once you're squeaky clean, go punch that thing for me would ya?"

[15205] BD: 4 (2+3-1)

Danger Level:

HP List

Enemies:

Dungeon Slime: 22/31 (-0)

ID: 15206

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

"Yeah, give me a sec I'm still working on it! This stuff is like oil; it doesn't want to come off!"

Calrex continued to scrape more and more of the residue off. Luckily it seemed that whatever he was scraping off wasn't being assimilated into the slime, meaning it wasn't going to strengthen it as he removed it. The slime had turned to face Calrex, sending another series of tendrils at him. Calrex looked as the limbs closed in, quickly weaving his body out of the way of each as he kept scraping more and more goop off of him. Unfortunately, the act left him out of time to get an attack in, "Alright Oikawa, keep on him!"

Danger Level:

Calrex: 3/3 (Encounter Active)

HP List

Enemies:

Dungeon Slime: 22/31

This slime is more trouble than it is worth. Honestly what is it made of? This stuff is hard to remove. Oikawa scraped  and scraped until the gunk finally begin to peel off. He watched as Calrex evaded some close calls with the slippery creature. "I'd keep the pressure on, but this slimy stuff is sticking to me tighter than white on rice. It;s kind of annoying. Just keep it's attention for a little while longer. Then I'll gladly make it suffer."

Now I just need to back that claim up.

[15222] BD: 5 (3+3-1)

Danger Level:

HP List

Enemies:

Dungeon Slime: 22/31 (-0)

ID: 15223

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +3) = 5

Calrex nodded as Oikawa began trying to remove the goop from his weapon as well, "Darn, this thing's really becoming a handful!"

As he managed to get a few of the last bits of slime from his armor Calrex rushed in, trying to strike the slime. However it had slid out of the way once again. Calrex cursed under his breath as he gave a calming exhale, "Alright, I think I've got most of it off. Let's see if this means I can finally manage a hit."

He clenched his fists, activating his <<Martial Arts>> skill, the light blue aura chains beginning to rotate rapidly around his arms, preparing for the next opening to strike.

HP List

Enemies:

Dungeon Slice: 22/31

As the goop finally came off, Oikawa quickly ran next to the armored bluenette and prepared to fight. "This slime is ridiculous man. I can't believe we're having so much trouble with it. But no more. I'm finally ready to end this." Springing forward, the blonde quickly closed the gap and unleashed a volley of quick jabs into the Mob. As the slime received the blows, it slid back and took the shape of a humanoid creature. It even went as far as to brandish a giant battle axe.

"Whoops! Looks like I made it mad. Be careful Cal!"

[15225] BD: 6 (4+3-1)

Danger Level:

HP List

Enemies:

Dungeon Slime: 13/31 (-9)

ID: 15243

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

As the slime shifted into an apparently new form Calrex noted that the monster became less freeform and more solid, an axe forming from a part of its body, "So...this monster is capable of transformation, I guess that's no surprise. Slime-type monsters can sometimes have that ability in order for players to keep from getting bored."

As the slime brought its sword towards Calrex he stepped forward, using his spiraling light blue aura chains to deflect the axe to the side. However, the strike's force did take some strength to deflect to the side, taking what felt like ten seconds to deflect the blow to the side. As he did any remaining slime that he been stuck to him was knocked off by the resounding force.

"Alright Oikawa switch!"

HP List

Enemies:

Dungeon Slime: 13/31

The slimy being wasted no time in attacking the armored player. Using his martial arts skill, Cal deflected the attack. This however left him unable to retaliate. As he called for a switch, Oikawa appeared in mere seconds. Jumping in between Calrex and the slime.

Using his shield, he deflected a hefty swing from the mob. Knocking the attack aside, he brought his arm back, before allowing the blade to quickly puncture the creature. As he removed the blade, he quickly kicked the creature, sending it careening into the dirt.

It doesn't have much health left. Calrex should be able to end this on his next attack. "End it Cal."

[15301] BD: 10 (8+3-1)

Danger Level:

HP List

Enemies:

Dungeon Slime: 4/31 (-9)