[PP F2] Meeting with the Bishop (Azazel) ((COMPLETED))

Hikoru quickly ran to the main square of the 2nd floor town. He was asked to meet one of the higher tier rankings- a Bishop- from his Guild. He didn't know the persons name or who it was, only a username: Azazel. He beathed heavy as he finally arrived in the square, searching above peoples heads to try to find the username he was supposed to seek out.

Soon he located it above a person's head, a character on the other side of the square, their backed turn to him. he ran over quietly, as if not to disturb them. Soon he pulled out his Square piece- the symbol that he was apart of the guild. He tapped her shoulder, holding out his Square

"Excuse me, are you the Bishop?" He asked shyly, not sure if this was the right person or not. He hoped so, or else he would look like a fool to this person, which he hoped wasn't the case.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azazel had arranged a meeting with a new square. Why? She couldn’t exactly remember anymore. She’d had quite a few too many mugs of ale the night before so the reasoning behind why she did anything while she drank always became a mystery the following morning. They always seemed like such a good idea at the time. She stood on the second floor looking into the window of a shop. There were too many pretty things in the window and Anna wanted them all.

As she window shopped, she heard a voice behind her. “The bishop?†she said as she turned around. Oh, that was right. Anna pulled the chess piece from her pocket. “You’ve found me!†She said and smiled looking at the boy slightly puzzled. “So what can I do for you?†She asked the cute boy wondering what it was he needed.

“I wonder where that damn square I called here is….†She thought. 

Hikoru smiled slightly, and noticed that it was a girl, so he had to give more respect

"I don't mean to bother you ma'am," He said as he held the piece up "But I was told to meet you. Im the newest member and recruit Hikoru, its a pleasure to make your aquainance." He said as he bowed slightly, giving the respect the Bishop- Azazel- deserved. He stood back up

"So do you know the reason we were supposed to meet? I was just told to, and I don't really argue...." He said as he looked at the message in his inbox. It just said to meet her here, nothing else.

The boy introduced himself and Zaz smiled as he bowed to her very courteously. “So you’re the square, huh?†She repeated.

“You know you really didn’t have to show me your piece,†she laughed,†There’s an icon right here.†Anna said pointing at her own guild insignia that showed by her health bar. “I’m not sure why the guild leader had these made.†She said placing her bishop back into her inventory. “I can only assume it was for eccentric reasons.† Zaz was still not sure how she felt about her guild leader and remained incredibly suspicious about the woman’s motives.

“Well cutie, it was me who called you out here, but you see, I did that last night very late, and now I’ve quite forgotten the reason. But now that you’re here and as you said you don’t argue with orders, I’ll have you help me farm a little bit. There are medical herbs I need to collect in the forest, but of course, mobs make that difficult so you can help me mow them down and hunt for herbs.â€

She clapped happily having found reason to use the boy.

Hikoru was a bit shocked at the word "cutie" but didn't see it as anything else than a nickname. He crossed his arms and nodded

"Sure, I can help you out there. But I don't really do a lot of damage. The biggest amount I can take is like, 4 damage.... So im not the best partner in combat, but Gathering is pretty fun. Sure, why not?" he said. He smiled and looked around the area. A beautiful town, but not something he could really stay in. He was still deciding what floor to build on, and he was either thinking floor 3 or 4, but it was a hard choice to make.

"Well, since im just a square," He said, putting the Square back into his inventory "And your a Rook, you choose where to go." He said as he crossed his arms and waited for her to choose

“It’s fine,†Anna said and shrugged, she hit for far less than the boy did and she managed thus far. Things would improve as soon as she could get her new gear, but the shop keepers she entrusted this task to were taking their sweet time about it. “and Calrex is the rook,†she corrected the boy,†He is in charge of our defenses. I don’t look much like a tank to you, do I?†Anna rolled out her bottom lip wondering how she could get mistaken for a walking household appliance. She looked down at her fit figure wondering if maybe she was getting fat.

“I have a location in mind,†she said as she turned and began to walk down the road, “Come along!†she called out to the square.

There was Calendula to find and it wasn’t going to pick itself. 

Hikoru nodded as she explained

"Im sorry then...." and he saw her pull out her bottom lip. Hikoru wasn't the best with women, but he knew it meant he did something wrong. He wasn't sure what, but he made sure to hold his tongue and to watch it for now on. She soon told him to follow and he nodded, following close behind and equipping armor as they walked. He made sure he had his cloak on, his prized piece of armor he spent a long time grinding for, and made just as he wanted it.

After he made sure that was on, He put on his fancy pants on and enjoyed the comfort of the old piece of armor. His old friend- his Guild Leader- had given this to him when he just started out, and now he had grown a lot since then.

Finally. he equipped his leopard plushie, that looked very similar to Ariel's lion Kimba, The little lion he had come to know and love. He smiled at the memories and finally prepared for the hunt that was soon to come

"So what are we searching for exactly?" He asked to make sure he didn't look for the wrong thing.

LD: 11

“It’s fine†Zaz said dismissively. It wasn’t a terribly big problem but she was going to pout about it anyway because it’s what the tiny woman did. She looked behind her to see the boy equipping himself as they walked down the path leaving town. Once ready he came to join her he asked her what they were looking for and she scanned the area to see if there was a flower so she could show him.

â€œUmmm I’m looking for Calendula. I don’t see anything here though so I can’t show you yet. But ummm it’s a small orange flower no more than two inches big and it has a ton of skinny little petals in it. The smell isn’t terribly pleasant, but it makes for an excellent health potion.†She explained. “I’ll show you one the moment I find one, okay?†

Hikoru nodded slowly, makin sure he understood in his own mine

"Alright. Once you find one, I can start searching. But I may find other Materials while I am, but most likely not." He said as he started to search throughout the leaves and branches and bushes around him, seeing if he could get lucky at all.

ID: 16639

LD: 2+1=3 NO LOOT AQUIRED

Hikoru sighed sadly as he couldn't find anything where he was looking. He got back up to his feet to see if he could find anything else in the area surrounding him

LD: 8

“Anything you find that’s not an herb, you’re welcome to keep. I do need the herbs though because I’m supposed to be preparing potions for the guild.†She explained and then got to work.

Zaz stared to search the area for the little orange blossoms. She heard from a source that they were more plentiful on floor two but maybe her informant was incorrect. She looked over at the boy who was sifting through he leaves and grass diligently helping her look for the blooms.Anna smiled and then got back to work. A few moments later the boy moved and tried a different area.

“I think we haven’t gone far enough to find them. Should we try moving further down the path?†She asked the boy. Even though this was her task, she always welcomed input, especially when she asked for it. 

Hikoru looked at Azazel and nodded, and he moved down the path, looking around the bushes and the tall grass to see if he could get lucky enough to find any sort of materials. He wasn't sure if he could or not, but he had to try

ID: 16643

LD: 15+1=16 LOOT AQUIRED

Hikoru found an orange flower, but he wasn't sure if it was what he was looking for. He picked it and it gave the description of what he was supposed to be looking for, so he brought it over to Azazel. He walked over and held it out to her

"Is this what you need?" He asked as he showed it to her

:MATERIALS GATHERED:

1 Calendula

LD: 18

Clearing away some more leaves and twigs, Anna spotted a bit over orange peeking through. She pushed the debris away and found a good quality Calendula. She plucked it gently and then turned to see where Hikoru was. As luck would have it, the boy approached her with a flower of his own.

“You found one!†she said and smiled widely. “That’s a nice one.†She opened her hand to the boy so he could hand the flower over and she could put it away safe in her inventory. Once both flowers were put away she went back to looking. Perhaps this was a good area to look for her herbs.

The pair of them was silent as they worked. Anna wasn’t much for conversation and it seemed that her companion was the quiet type as well. Still she might as well try and get to know him; he was one of the two pieces that Calrex chose to give out so there had to be a special reason for it.

“So how did you meet Calrex?†she asked the boy curiously as she sorted through the tall grass looking for more Calendula.  

FOUND:  1  Calendula (+1 Mat)

Hikoru handed the flower happily and shifted through the bushes

"Cal? I met him a long time ago. Me and him with a few friends went on a adventure where we fought a Skeleton king.... I don't remember how it ended, but I remember we.... Lost a friend...." He said, remembering his old friend Noctis. He wished he could have saved him somehow, but he knew he couldn't have done anything. "But ever since then, we kept good contact. He saved my butt afew times as well." He said laughing about it. He looked at Azazel

"What about you? How did you meet Cal?" He asked, making small talk as he continued looking.

ID: 16652

LD: 15+1=16

Hikoru found another flower and passed it silently to Azazel as he kept searching the grass for any other secret flowers around the ones they had already picked.

:ITEMS COLLECTED:

3 Calendula

LD: 18

“I’m sorry for your loss,†Anna stopped looking for the flowers for a moment and looked over at the boy with a frown thinking this place must truly be tough on the young ones, especially like the one who was keeping her company.

When he mentioned that he had been saved by Cal a few times she couldn’t help but laugh. “So he’s always been playing superhero then…â€

She was asked he she knew Calrex and she shrugged. “I didn’t know of him until I joined this guild, so I’ve only just met him recently.â€

Zaz went back to searching for Calendula and she found yet another. “Looks like this is a good location to search,†she said adding the orange blossom to her inventory.

Found: 1 Calendula (+1 Material)

Total Materials Collected: 4

Hikoru nodded at her feeling of sorrow

"Its fine. He was a good guy.... He was there when Ariel and my aquaintance Kiru helped me out when I first started out. So it was rough seeing him go.... But im sure hes somewhere now, safe from the horrors of this game...." He said as he noticed Azazel pick another flower. He decided that he should try to look for something for himself, to help with the guild.

ID: 16689

BD: 10+1=11 NO LOOT AQUIRED

Hikoru looked around, but he could find any suitable Materials that he could donate to the Guild.

Zaz’s curiosities peaked when the boy mention their leader. “Oh are you well acquainted with Ariel? What is she like? I’ve not known her very long either.â€

Anna gauged the situation carefully; since he was talking he might be apt to give her information. She knew nothing of Ariel and didn’t trust her so now was the perfect time to learn as much as she could about her opponent before having to face her head on.

LD: 20

Anna moved further through the field and found a perfect Calendula sitting there out in the open. She gently plucked the herb and added it to her inventory. This collection happened to be moving a lot more smoothly than her first go when she’d tried picking cotton.

“What is your profession?†she raised her head and looks t the boy. “If you lie we can go looking for materials for you once we find a couple more flowers. I’d like at least another two if it’s alright with you.â€

Found: 1 Calendula (+1 Material)

Total Materials Collected: 5

Hikoru looked up and stared at Azazel in puzzlement and had a look of caution in his eyes

"Well, I can't really say anything about Ariel that you may already know. Shes kind, generous, and overall a good person. She helped me out when I first started, giving me these pants." He said as he motionoed towards them "I've never seen her really fight though...." He said as he thought for a moment, but never had. "But she does have a Pet Lion, Kimba, the most adorable little thing i've ever seen! She even gave me a little plushie to remember him by." He held up the plushie "It gives me a little luck every once in awhile...." He said as he continued to dig into the grass, hoping to get lucky again.

ID: 16702

LD: 8+1=9 NO LOOT AQUIRED

Hikoru sighed as he didn't find anything. He looked at Azazel

"And to answer your question," He said "I am a Merchant. Im not sure if there really is anything I can get." He said as he stood up, looking for any orange in the green grass

Anna held back a laugh placing her hand against her face and kept her head down. She knew no such things about Ariel. She found the blonde to be a suspicious character. She’d set herself up a Queendom and surrounded herself with people she could move about like pieces. It’s why she chose the chess theme and gave them physical representations of their posts: to remind them that they were a part of her game. The only reason she took the damned piece to begin with was because she worried about leaving Meokka and Teayre in the grasp of someone like that. If it were not for those two, Zaz would have told the guild leader to sod off.  It seemed to her that the boy next to her was also being duped. It was a shame really, but of no major concern to her. 

LD: 11

She didn’t find anything in the area she was working in, so she moved to another.  

“Well then once we find one more flower we’ll g find things to kill and if we find anything good, then you can keep it to sell. Sound good?†She hoped he'd find her terms acceptable. 

Hikoru nodded and continued looking for one more flower. He thought it was strange she asked so many questions about the players in the Guild, but as he said, he wouldn't ask questions. He continued to dig through the leaves of bushes, hoping to find the final flower he needed before he got to go fight

ID: 16788

LD: 4+1=5 NO LOOT AQUIRED

Hikoru sighed sadly as this bush held nothing special, and moved onto the next one

LD: 9

The boy fell silent and for that Anna was glad. She didn’t need to have him ask questions of her himself else she’d have to do things that she was not quite ready to set into motion yet. She needed time to analyse her opponents and figure out the best way to deal with them for now all she could do was wait and plan.

Anna combed the area she’d been working in but there weren’t anymore orange blossoms to be found. "Just one more,†she said aloud hoping that nature would hear her and answer her wish with just one more Calendula.