PP - F2 A More Relaxed Gathering Trip (6th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Meokka) (Completed)

Calrex gave a small yawn as he stood at the gate leading out of Urbus, the main settlement of the second floor. It was early in the day, as it usually was when he decided to get started gathering materials, his unofficial profession. However, this time it was because he was requested by his fellow guildmate, Meokka, to assist her in procuring materials for her newly established blacksmithing shop.

"Well, this is still in line with why I started this little job in the first place. It shouldn't be too hard to procure enough materials for her for a few days if she's still just starting, since she's at the moment probably limited in how many crafts she can do per day."

With that he made sure his Grand Blade and Ocean's Defense were equipped as he crossed his arms. He could equip the Grand Chariot armor once his teammate arrived.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meokka

Meokka walked over with her pickaxe over her shoulder. She smiled to Cal-sama and walked up to him. She seemed pretty pleased about something. Though she wasn't going to tell Calrex what it was. Not right away anyway. She stood in front of him and saluted him.

"Good day Cal-sama." she hoped all was well with him. "Thank you for coming with me. I had fun last time we did something like this. I was wondering if you could me more about that blacksmith. Maybe introduce me to him. I was thinking of collecting some ore and gems for him as well. As a getting to know you present. Do you think you could arrange a meeting between us all later?" she wasn't sure she'd know what to say or do with a new person she was surprised she was doing as well as she was so far. "Is there a place that has several different ores and gems we can travel to? I was thinking of making a list of all the vains that we find." she explained.

As he heard his nickname called he turned and saw Meokka,giving a friendly smile and a nod, "Hey Meo, oh you mean Oikawa? Yeah I can definitely try to arrange for us all to meet! As for ores and such I think there's some areas just outside the gates might yield some."

With that he got up of the wall, giving a nod, "We can go check it out, although go ahead and look away for a quick second."

He remembered the awkward moment when he switched into the Grand Chariot armor last time, so he made sure to have Meokka turn way before he donned the armor, "Alright, let's get moving."

Guest Meokka

"Why...Oh....Jeez, not here." she shoved him to an alleyway and just went out standing guard with her fists on her lips looking out to the world.

She was a bit excited to meet this person, maybe they would after they were done collecting materials. Then again, maybe not today. Once she got materials she'd want to return to floor four to get started on more weapons. It might take awhile but eventually she'd be able to make armor. That'd be nice. Either way maybe she could become the man's apprentice. She always wanted to.

She had so many questions today for Calrex. She was curious about the man's views on people. Her ears twitched as she heard the slightly robotic voice as the helm echoed the voice in Calrex's armor. She looked over her shoulder and moved out of his way. Together they walked out to collect some Materials.

"Hey Calrex I wanted your thoughts on someone."

As Calrex felt Meo push him into an alley he felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "I'm still not really sure why this is completely necessary, since the avatar is completely masked during the outfit changing animation, but I guess Meo has a stronger sense of modesty and the other people I've been around. Either that or...she's got a rather overactive imagination."

He gave a calming breath as he exited the alley fully clad in his armor as he nodded to Meo, "My thoughts on someone? Sure...I can give you my observations...but who is the person you're inquiring about?"

"The way it was worded, could she be referring to Oikawa, or someone else?"

Guest Meokka

She walked with him thinking things over. There was something on her mind. Though she wanted to ask Ariel about it first. She wanted more information about something. Then again maybe Calrex heard something. She hummed a bit annoyed. Gossip was something she loathed. Unless it was rumors about monsters and material gathering spots. She seemed to be in her own world for a bit.

"I wanted to know more about why those people disbanded the guild before. I'm just worried onee-sama might have enemies you know." She realized Calrex might not know who she was referring to. "That's what I call Ariel-sama now. Anyway it might be a pointless concern. I'll talk to Ariel about it later, but if you hear about anything let me know okay." She doubted he would but she didn't want him walking around with his ears closed either. "So it's just outside the city?" she inquired. 

"Ah, you must mean the Azure Brigade, the guild that me, Teayre, and Ariel were all a part of before forming Absolute Pin. To be honest I can't really tell you, but from what I know even before Ariel recruited the two of us into it they had become fairly inactive in general. However whatever decision resulted in the expulsion of the members and guild's subsequent disbandment was a decision of the council, which did not include any of the three of us. So I wouldn't worry about Ariel having enemies as a result of that."

With that Calrex gave a calming breath as he figured he shouldn't give Meokka any false statements without giving some realistic points of view on it, "However, I wouldn't be surprised if Ariel's made some enemies during her time here. Of course you're familiar with her personality, and I can see how her occasional self-righteousness could rub some people the wrong way. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised either if I've made some enemies during my time here, although I've tried to be careful of avoiding doing so."

With that he gave a nod, "However, that isn't anything that we need to worry about. Ariel is a strong player, and she seems to have a good head on her shoulders. If ever there was a case where she was in over her head I don't see her letting her pride get the better of her enough that it would blind her to common sense."

As the two exited the city he gave a nod, "Yeah, there's a couple of areas that I know of off hand that contain mineral deposits that we could possibly gather materials from."

Guest Meokka

16898 LD11

She stared at Calrex surprised at how much he knew. She shouldn't have been but she was glad to know this information. She nodded. "I just brought it up because I was worried about my friends. In the real world I wasn't so lucky to have any. I always hear about player killers at the pubs, but I always think it has to be an NPC or something. I can't wrap my head around an actual person doing that sort of thing you know." she walked with him as she spoke solemnly and seriously about it. "I wanted to talk to Ariel about it but I was worried over you and Teayre. Though with this type of information there's no reason for me to worry anymore really." she wondered if it was normal for him to call Ariel prideful. It wasn't a bad trait to have pride, or did Meokka find it a bad trait to be righteous. Maybe she just didn't understand other people. She shrugged putting it behind her now.

She looked at the crimsons ores that he brought her to. Meokka brought out her pickaxe and went into a full swing. Which turned the red ore into blue ore as it shattered.

"I hit it way to hard. I have to remember I'm not at floor 4 anymore." she let out a bummed sigh. She then looked at Calrex. "When's the wedding anyway? I haven't heard high or tails of the event."

ID: 16900

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 11

"Well it's good to see you express concern for your friends. Even if you didn't have any friends before this I'm sure that would have been a good one."

As they arrived at the deposit site Calrex nodded as Meokka began to search around, doing so as well. It seemed like they were off to a rough start as there was no minerals to be found within their first few minutes. "As for your concern about player killers I have a feeling that part of that is due to lower level players expressing their fear of encountering one when out in the fields."

He gave a small sigh as he gave his two bits about the idea of player killers, "Well, from what I know about people's personalities it really depends on the person. Some people think of killing another person as a line they have to cross, a boundary that should they decide to pass changes them as a person. Others see killing as simply a means, an action, or an option that should the need arise they can make use of without hesitation. And lastly, from what I know others, the kind that we would normally peg as murderers or serial killers, their killing is more of a way of satiating a desire or an urge."

With that he gave a pause before speaking, "In the end the real question we need to ask is where our intentions lie. As you said before, I usually refrain from the idea, but in the case that the people I care about I wouldn't hesitate to kill to protect them. Because of that I hope to think that I fall into the killing as a tool category, or somewhere inbetween the first and second."

With that he decided to answer Meokka's next question, "As for the wedding the date is still to be determined. With all the things going on I guess it's kind of been put in the back of our minds."

"I would like to make it official soon though...but I want to do this right for her..."

Guest Meokka

16906 LD3 *rats*

She couldn't seem to find anything at all. She then listened to Calrex and nodded showing she felt the same way he did. Yet what did he mean with saying 'with everything that's going on?' Was something going on? What was it? Should she ask? Meokka toyed with the idea of asking a few times. She took in a breath.

"Is there something troubling you Cal-sama? Can I help?"

She wasn't sure what she felt just now. She wasn't exactly use to caring for people, but she felt almost hell bent to do something.

"I think I get anxious about things. I've never noticed before. I think I need more direction or something. Order, or better yet some commands and errands to do." she admitted.

ID: 16913

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 8

As Meokka asked if something was troubling him he gave a friendly smile underneath his helmet, even though his face was completely masked, "No, it's nothing troubling at all. I certainly didn't mean it that way."

He gave a pause before continuing, "What I meant was that the speed things have progressed, from becoming engaged to Teayre to now being the Rook piece of Absolute Pin, well, things have certainly gone by faster than I thought they would ever be. Sometimes it feels like almost yesterday that I was standing in the Starting City in my starter gear, planning out my first step to try and get out of this game."

As he looked around he didn't find any other veins of ore at the moment as he got to his feet, dusting his hands off, "Don't get the wrong idea though, with everything that's happened I have no regrets with the way things have progressed and come to the way they are."

With that he turned to face Meokka, "As for your little direction problem let's go ahead and focus on what's in front of us for now, gathering materials. As for anything more than that you can probably gather than even though I've been placed in a council position, I'm not really one to give orders. All I can say for you is to trust what your heart and your head are telling you, but be careful. Both can be easily deceived, so be sure to be careful of any mental or emotional pitfalls that you might encounter. If possible I'd much rather cooperate with you than to simply give you an order."

"Somehow I feel like I'm talking in riddles or some philosophical junk..."

"Sorry if anything I said didn't make any sense. If you want me to elaborate on anything please feel free to ask."

Guest Meokka

16916 LD2

She thought it was wise advice. Despite her age she knew she could be easily fooled by people she came in contact with. She latched onto people easily, and that could be dangerous. She thought about for a moment and just nodded agreeing with him. She never realized it either but things did move rather quickly. She walked along side of him and only after finding some more veins to extract materials from did she pause. She went into her inventory and looked for her lance. She clicked it and it formed into her hand and she caught it. She then waved her hand to get rid of her screen.

"You're not the only one who has been busy. Guess What I've become. On my first try I created a decorative blade. I thought it was fate when I saw it. I placed it on sale. I think my heart made that because I was so happy to become a blacksmith, and then I poured everything I had into my second craft. Wouldn't you know it. It might have been luck, or force of will, but I made this lovely lance. I call it En Passant. What do you think?" she drove it into the ground for him to inspect it.

She went over to the strange looking veins and hit one and it just burst into blue.

"I'm hitting these way too hard. I'm so use to wielding my lance I need to be more careful." 

ID: 16919

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 19

As Meokka presented the lance she crafted Calrex's eyes quickly scanned it before he gave an approving nod, "I'm guessing the blacksmith? Going from what I've seen of many other crafts it is definitely a masterwork. I can definitely see the dedication you put into making this weapon."

He also made note of the shape of the lance, seeing that it resembled the pawn piece of a chess set, "I see you've also taken the chess theme of our guild to heart." He spoke in a joking tone before looking at the ground once again, "Hm? That might be..."

He knelt down as he saw a vein of ore of decent size. He brought his fist back, his <<Martial Arts>> skill activating. However, since he didn't have the Grand Gauntlets equipped the effect was not the light blue aura chains, but instead the familiar yellow glow around his fist as he thrust it forward. The vein of ore shattered, leaving a decent sized chunk of iron. Calrex nodded to Meokka as he added the material to his inventory. "Heh, well I guess it is better to have too much strength and be able to lighten up than not having enough right?"

+1 Materials

Total: 1

Guest Meokka

16922 LD14

"I actually have seen the game played. The general- er-....The.....Ward at.....Er." She wasn't sure how to explain. "Someone I know in the real world knew how to play. He said it was all about strategy. I didn't understand when I was younger, but when I went to collage I went back to him to play. So I really like the theme of the guild."

She went over to a vein and hit it with her pick axe.

"I got i-" as soon as she held it the piece shattered in blue. "No, I don't got it." her face seemed like someone placed something foul in front of her nose. "Next one....I'll totally get the next one." she tried to phyc herself up for it.

ID: 16925

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 23

Calrex made note of Meokka's hesitation in terms of what to call the person she was talking about, but figured that if she wanted to go into more detail about her past she should do it of her own accord, "He was right, the actual endgame for it is to capture the enemy player's king putting them in what's called a checkmate. It's an interesting game nonetheless."

"Personally, I've never been one for those kinds of games. I've always preferring being the one actually participating in the battle, rather than controlling the people and directing them where to go."

As Meokka came close to gaining a material Calrex gave a nod, "Keep at it. Sometimes these kind of gathering trips don't always go off to a smooth start. I've dedicated a whole entire day to this kind of thing before and only got a few materials to speak for it. Nowadays it seems my detection ability has served me very well in increasing my chances, but it still requires a lot of patience."

As he spoke he saw another vein of ore, striking it with his fist as another piece broke off. He quickly added it to his inventory as he nodded to Meokka, "In any case all of the materials we're gathering are going to be yours to use in the end. But..."

"I guess we could implement something like we did last time. She did seem more engaged when we were competing."

"...if it'll help how about we have another race?"

+1 Materials

Total: 2

Guest Meokka

16930 LD6

She nodded listening to him. "It is, I didn't like it for awhile. I had to learn to appreciate it." she admitted. She kept looking for more veins but came up short handed. When Calrex suggested another race she thought about the idea. He was already ahead of her, but she did want to give it a try. She turn, her blue hair curving with her face like a water spout. She gazed at him with determined amathyst eyes.

"You're on Cal-sama!" she shouted in a challenging tone.

She picked up her pickax and ran to find some more material veins. She had to beat him she just had to!

Total 0

ID: 16978

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6

As Meokka's demeanor switched to her more lighthearted competitive side Calrex gave a smirk under his helmet as he gave a nod, "Alright, let's do this!"

With that he immediately began searching for more veins of ore. Unfortunately he didn't even locate one this time, as nothing seemed to distinguish a vein from the plain rocks. He got to his feet, dusting off his hands.

"I wonder if there's more on the side side of this deposit. I'd best try and look over there as well."

Total: 2

Guest Meokka

17013 LD11

Meokka didn't see any more veins and sighed getting a little frustrated with the whole ordeal. She looked over at Calrex for a moment. She pursed her lips. She didn't want to complain about it.

"I didn't find anything over here. To be honest. I think I'm better off killing monsters. What do you think?"

She gazed at the grassy fields around her. That or caves just liked her best. This was a race though. She narrowed her eyes and was fixated on getting materials. She didn't want to lose. She slapped her cheeks with a determined look on her face.

"Less whining more gathering. Got it."

ID: 17044

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 20

Calrex gave a small congratulatory smirk to himself as he found another vein of metal, quickly extracting another piece of material as he added it to his inventory, "Well, if you want we could take a small break and try taking on some monsters. Usually when I'm on my own I tend to avoid doing so because I'm able to procure materials faster by avoiding combat. But..."

He got to his feet, turning and giving a nod to Meokka, "I'm not fulfilling any orders or anything today, so I'm up for a change of pace if you're up for it."

Total: 3

Guest Meokka

17046 5

She couldn't seem to find anything. She nodded to him giving up on the endevour. Her amethyst eyes looked over at Calrex. She nodded to him and readied her spear. She had a fierce look in her eyes. She was prepared to take down even the most giant of foes. She wondered what floor they'd attempt. She wanted to clear all the floors. Working from the bottom up. She was sure they'd get a lot of materials together.

"I also don't mind if we try to take on two enemies at a time if you're up for it." she had faith in her abilities and Calrex's as well. "If it gets too dangerous though we'll run, but I'm sure we can handle it. Which floor should we go to first?" she questioned.