[PP - F1] <<secret medicine of the forest>> [Complete]

Lowenthal looked at the quest list in front of him. A lot of the quests were really high level, and out of Lowenthal's range. But one looked easy enough. It was a simple kill and fetch quest. All he had to do was kill a 'Little Nepent'. Or at least a rare form of it at least. As easy as the quest sounded, Lowenthal wasn't about to go about it alone. Lowenthal opened his menu and sent a message to a friend who needed it. Dante had already done the quest it seemed. And Calrex was way to high a level to assist him through it. He looked at the real life section of his friends list, and saw that Alucard had already started it. Good for him, having initiative. Lowenthal sent Xplosives a message.

To: Xplosivesrus

Message: Hey, I got a quest that you can do with me. You should come do it with me.

Lowenthal sent him a party invite alongside the message. Lowenthal walked over to the quest start, and waited for his friend.

Xplosives was daunted at the sheer number of quests in his logs. He didn't even know where to start, but he knew he needed to get started as soon as possible. Luckily, one of his friends messaged him, asking for assistance on a quest. Xplosives gladly accepted the request and set off to find Lowenthal to start the quest. It looked like it was a relatively low level quest, but he needed to get used to the combat system before he started taking on anything more ambitious. Hopefully Lowenthal would be able to help him understand the combat.

Lowenthal waited by the exit, hoping that his friend did not get lost in the large city. Lowenthal could understand why he could get lost,even though they had all got stuck at the same time, it seemed that Lowenthal had been doing the most. Lowenthal looked at the horizon and saw Shawn walking twoards him. "About time you showed up. I was about to solo this thing." Lowenthal said, getting off the wall he was leaning on. "You ready to go?" Lowenthal asked.

"Always. You ready to carry the team like usual?" Xplosives replied, kind of sad that the statement was actually true. "I've still only got my starting gear. This will be my first quest, I hope you don't mind." Xplosives proceeded to equip his spear and check everything before they left. Once he was ready, he waved to Lowenthal with a quick, "Lets go," and they were off. All Xplosives could feel was apprehension and that constant nagging fear. That constant thought of death loomed in his mind, suppressing the exitement that would normally come with a new game, let alone the kind of game that he had been wishing for for years.

Lowenthal scratched the back of his head. "Carry? I don't know about that." He said, chuckling. He remembered how Shawn used to act around him, and now hr acted as if they were brothers. "Well, what we gotta do is go into the forest and kill a plant thing and get a salve." Lowenthal didn't even want to sword that came with the quest, he wanted the XP and Skill points. 

"Lets go then," Xplosives said, "But first do you know of any farms on the way to the target? I really need to get used to this combat system." Combat looked complicated in the descriptions of the game, but players had been saying that it was easy once you get the hang of it. He looked at the spear and began to have doubts. "Preferably the weakest things on this floor for starters."

Lowenthal chuckled as he walked alongside Shawn. "Combat system ain't got nothing to it, it's a bit finicky though." He said. He was sure when they entered the forest, they'd get jumped by something, or a group of somethings. "The way combat works, is that you don't even need combat experience. It just comes to you, and if you make a stance that works, your attack hits. But it's random." Lowenthal scratched his head, confusing himself. Jeez, Cal where are you when I need you. He thought to himself. Hopefully, they'd get a rare drop from something, or at least more Col. 

"Whatever you say man," Shawn replied, "let's get started." Shawn then started to take note of his surroundings, taking in the scenery while trying his best to look out for any creatures on the prowl. There were all kinds of strange sounds in this forest. He realized with anticipation that something could be lying in wait behind any tree or bush just ready to pounce.

Lowenthal took the lead as he walked deeper into the woods. He remembered where the Nepents spawned from his and Dante's trip here, when Lowenthal was doing a quest to open his shop. He wondered what shop Shawn would open in the future. He lead Shawn to the flat area in the forest where the large Nepents spawned. He looked around, "We're looking for a rare variant." he said to Shawn. "We should kill a few so that they respawn." He said drawing his dagger, and attacking the nearest one.

ID: 17829

Battle: 5+1=6(hit)  3dmg

Mob: 9(Crit) 2dmg 

Lowenthal swiped his dagger at he lunged at the Nepent. His dagger hit the Nepent and cause a red line to appear. As he made contact, the Nepent swung one of his vines and struck Lowenthal, and sent his flying to the side. Lowenthal rolled, and quickly got to his feet. "Don't be shy Shawn. Go hit it!" He said, smiling.

HP

Lowenthal: 23/25 [////////////////////////////////////////////////  ] +

Xplosives: 9/9 [//////////////]

Nepent: 7/10 [////////////   ]

ID: 17831

Battle: 4 (Miss)

After the last time he was in combat with Lowenthal, Shawn was eager to prove that he had changed. Sadly he wasn't off to a very good start. As Shawn lunged at the creature, a twinge of broke through the barrier of rage that he had built in his mind, as his spear struck only open air where the creature had been just a second before. He spared a glance at Lowenthal hoping that he didn't see his moment of weakness.

HP

Lowenthal: 23/25 [////////////////////////////////////////////////  ] +

Nepent: 7/10 [////////////   ]

ID: 17847

Battle: 7+1=8 (Hit) 3dmg

Mob: 10(S.Hit) 3dmg [1base+2S.Crit]

Lowenthal got back to his feet, and charged the Nepent. His dagger, digging into it's green skin. His dagger stuck deep into the Nepent, and it shrieked. Lowenthal removed his blade, and again was caught by surprise but the plant. the plant spun again, striking Lowenthal  against his side. The attack sent Lowenthal rolling over on his side. Lowenthal slowly got to his feet. Dammit, that was a bad hit, gotta be careful He thought, rubbing the dust from his eyes.

HP

Lowenthal: 20/25 [/////////////////////////////////////////////     ] ++

Nepent: 4/10 [////      ]

ID: 17867

Battle: 9 (+1 dmg critical strike)

After that last blunder, Shawn was getting angry. Turning to face the creature he used his rage to give his strike strength as he stabbed his spear into the creatures side. He jumped back as the creature writhed in pain from the strike. Finally he had landed a blow, and his confidence slowly returning to him. 'I can do this,' he thought to himself as he readied himself for the next attack.

HP

Xplosives: 9/9 [//////////////] ++

Nepent: 1/10 [/         ]

ID: 17884

Battle: 6+1=7(Hit) 3dmg

Loot: 14+1=15 (+1 Mat)

Lowenthal rushed the Nepent and drove his kunai into it again. Combat was getting easier for him, and it seemed it was going well for Shawn. The Nepnt's health bar drained to zero, and dissipated into blue crystals. Lowenthal used his <Search and Detect> skill, and saw that the Nepent had dropped a material. He pocketed it as he was low on materials himself. "Not to bad. For your first time." Lowenthal said to Shawn, surprised that he picked up combat so easily."Shall we do another?" He asked, excited to kill more monsters.

"Deffinately," Shawn told him, a hint of a hidden bloodthirstiness growing in his eyes, "We can kill as many as you want. Any clue as to how many it usually takes for the rare variant to appear?" He didn't want to tell Lowenthal about his experiences after their last party quite yet. Mostly this was because he was still ashamed about freezing in combat last time. Another reason being because he didn't want to show the elation that he felt when he killed a creature, albeit a digital one, and was doing his best to hide it.

Lowenthal looked at his friend."Hey man, about last? Don't worry about it. We all have a fault at some point." He said, trying to cheer his friend up. "Besides, we got Nepents to kill." He said, taking a strike at another nepent. 

ID: 17888

Battle: 9(Crit) 4dmg

Mob: 3

Lowenthal took the Nepent  by surprise, and ducked this time to avoid the vine thaw swung over his head. This nepent was stronger then the last one, but still no issue.

HP

Lowenthal 20/25  Hate: 2

Xplosives: 9/9

Nepent: 9/13

Without saying a word, Shawn stepped into a battle stance. He struck out at the creature with a hate filled blow and hit home on the creatures main stalk, causing it to screech in pain.

ID:17889

BD: 10 (Crit +2)  4dmg

"I won't freeze ever again. I will be strong, not just for myself but for you and the others as well. So lets kill these mobs and complete this quest." Shawn told Lowenthal with a voice full of purpose. He knew then that his words wrung true. That fear he felt was all but gone, and he had a feeling that it wouldn't be back anytime soon.

HP

Xplosives: 9/9 [//////////////] ++

Nepent: 5/13 [/////        ]

ID: 17894

Battle: 7+1+8 (Hit) 3dmg

Mob: 3

Lowenthal hit the Nepent again with his kunai. His attack wasn't as deep as he hoped, but damage was damage. He looked at shawn, as he ducked under another vine. "That's what I like to hear! Now end this thing!" Lowenthal said, stepping back.

Lowenthal: 20/25 [////////////////////     ] ++

Xplosives: 9/9 [/////////] +

Nepent: 2/13 [//           ]

ID: 17896

BD: 9 (crit +1)  3dmg

LD: 7 (no loot)

Shawn nodded to Lowenthal in a quick gesture and turned to the Nepent. He let out a roar as he charged it, seeming to almost dance around its roots, as he spun and struck the final blow. Basking in the fractal light of the dying creature, he was slightly upset to find that it hadn't dropped any loot. It didn't trouble him too much though, he had lived and it had died, what more could he ask for. Shawn turned to Lowenthal, that ember of bloodlust growing to a fire in his eyes, "Another one down. Where's the next one?"

Lowenthal looked around. "Oh, hey, there's one." He said to Shawn, pointing. Where Lowenthal pointed, a variant of a Nepent spawned. "Let's take it." He said, rushing the rare Nepent.

ID: 18280

Battle: 4+1=5(miss)

Mob: 2 (whiff)

Lowenthal went to charge the nepent, but the nepent was agile and dodged Lowenthal's attack. Lowenthal quickly slid to the ground and dodged the vine that the nepent attacked him with.

Lowenthal: 20/25 [////////////////////     ] 

Xplosives: 9/9 [/////////] 

Variant Nepent: 20/20 [////////////////////] (2 base damage)

Shawn looked at the nepent Lowenthal pointed out, and sure enough, it was a rare form. 'Finally, our target,' he thought as he rushed the creature with his spear.

ID: 18287

BD: 7 (hit) 2dmg

As Shawn's spear struck the nepent's skin, he was shocked to find that his strike barely phased the beast. The thrill of battle rising within him, Shawn smiled and readied his spear for another strike.

Lowenthal: 20/25 [////////////////////     ] 

Xplosives: 9/9 [/////////] +

Variant Nepent: 18/20 [//////////////////  ] (2 base damage)