[PP-F1] «Earning a Living» (Lowenthal) (inactive)

Alucard looks at his attire and doesn't like what he has on, not because of the fashion more for the protection. He was thinking that he needs better armor. Alucard noticed a quest log at the quest board and looks into it, "Choose a profession? Now how do i do that?" Alucard looks around, hoping someone could help him. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azazel had nothing to do today. She wasn’t interested in the grind, and it was too early to implant herself in her favorite place to drink, so she needed something to do to kill a little time. Luckily enough, she spotted a young man who looked rather lost and puzzled. Zaz wasn’t normally the friendly or helpful type but she could be when the mood struck her to be so.

“You look a little lost,†she said as she approached the young man with a smile. “Is there anything I might be able to help you with?†Hopefully, his request would be easy enough to fulfill without taking up too much of her time. 

Alucard is somewhat startle when a small female approaches him, due to the fact that he didn't see her come up on him. "honestly I'm a little puzzled by this quest, it says i need to choose a profession and I have the slightest idea to even begin." Alucard pulls up his map and studies it for a few minutes but ends up giving up. Since He does not know where to look, He plops on the ground like a young child and sits there. "a simple lead would help a lot, and I apogizes for my behavior, my temper tends to get the best of me at times." as Alucard begins to get flustered.    

The man answered that he was confused by a quest. She was going to inquire which but he told her. “Well that’s easy what do you…†she trailed off because the man plopped down on his behind and began to pout like a small child.  Azazel put her hand to her mouth to stifle the giggles that were so very hard to hold back. Instead she sat down in front of him with a wide smile on her face.

â€œWhat do you want to do as your profession, I’ll help you." She offered. It was kind of cute and ridiculous for a grown man to have a temper tantrum like a spoiled child. Anna found herself royally amused by the behavior. "Well?" she asked again.

Alucard replied "honestly I want to make better armor and weapons so I think a blacksmith may be my best option." Alucard slowly started to smile as he stood up and offered her his hand. "By the way my name is Alucard please to meet you" said Alucard as he give his new female friend a slight bow. Alucard always had a easy time making new friends. "So what do I need to do?" asked Alucard as he starts to pace around his female companion. 

Azazel laughed, of course this guy wanted to be a blacksmith; they all wanted to be blacksmiths. She took the young man’s hand letting him pull her off the ground easily; Anna was a slip of a woman. “Well it just so happens that I happen to be an expert in this quest. I’ve helped three other players do it so far and I can help you too.  So what we need to do is go to the blacksmith shop, he’ll give you a quest. It’s always different every time I’ve helped someone, but we do whatever he tells you to do, then we bring the stuff back and he’ll teach you the trade. See not so difficult.†

Alucard swipes his hand down and pulls up the map and investigates till he finds a local blacksmith shop. Once He finds one, Alucard closes his hud. "So i never caught your name Ma'am" Alucard looks down at the small female in front of him. Alucards looks up and turns around and starts to head in the direction of the nearest blacksmith shop. 

"It's Azazel." She said as he asked for her name again. Anna began to walk off as the boy started doing something. “Are you coming?†she called out to him as she kept on going.

Anna knew exactly where the blacksmith shop was. She had visited it many times, and she liked to go in there and giggle at the interactions at the two large male NPC’s that ran the place. It was too bad the men weren’t actual players; she would’ve liked very much to take them for a drink. They seemed like they’d a lot of fun while drinking.

The pair walked along for awhile following different paths and streets until she came to the familiar back alley that she’d walked down many times before. “This way!†she said and kept on walking. She reached the small shop. It didn’t look like much, but it was pretty impressive on the inside. Zaz opened the door and walked inside. She smiled as she saw the two familiar figures hard at work. She waited for the young man to come in and come over to her.

“You want to talk to that big one over there. He’ll tell you what to do.†She explained and then shooed him off to get his quest. 

As Alucard approached the larger blacksmith. the large man turned around to look at Alucard. Before Alucard could say anything a quest log popped up on his HUD. "Becoming a Blacksmith Quset!" read the quote box. Alucard hit accept, then he read the quest objective. Alucard returned to Azazel and read his quest out loud, "It says I need to hunt boar to gather leather and head to a cave to mine an ore". "Sounds easy enough to me." Said Alucard trying to reassure himself that he could do this.All he had to do was gather a few items

Materials

0/1 Leather

0/2 Unrefiend Ore

Anna looked at the young man as he explained what they needed to get. It seemed that maybe the quest varied by skill level because this young man was asked to do very little by the NPC. She supposed the program must’ve known this was probably the best he could do. “Alright!†Anna said as she scooted off the counter she was leaning upon.

“We should probably go look for the ore firs, it’ll be the easier part to take care of.†She explained. “Did the program give you coordinates for where to look? Sometimes it does.†Anna was surprised that the young man was not used to how the system worked yet. She didn’t realize there were still so many players who hadn’t even left the confines of the town’s safety. Only a month ago she was the same way, but she at least knew how the quests, maps and everything else worked. 

Alucard check his HUD and look at the map, and sure enough His objective showed up. Alucard told Azazel where they needed to go. After checking his equipment, Alucard start towards the quest objective. "All set and ready to go?" He asked Azazel. No longer willing to wait, Alucard unstealth his assault spear and begun to twirl it in his hands, he is still getting used to feeling of the long weapon. Alucard starts heading to the Fields of beginning, eager to finish this quest, Because He is in dire need of better armor.

After a while Alucard and his companion reaches the edge of the Fields of Beginning, Alucard scans to the Fields and spots a few Mobs that would give him the Material that he needed but its the cave that got his attention, so he continues looking till he makes out a cave like structure, north west of his current position. Alucard giddy wit excitement, takes off nothing saying anything to Azazel.  

Azazel eyed the man as he impatiently asked HER if SHE was ready.

Was this guy for real?

“That’s what I asked you… this is YOUR quest. You should know where we’re going, so do you or not?†she rolled her eyes. “Here… just give me the coordinates. It’ll probably go faster this way.†Had she known the man was going to need her to hold his hand and lead him every step of the way to what he needed to do, she wouldn’t have been so nice and offered her help.

Instead of answering her Al just pulled his weapon and began to walk off. “Are you kidding me?†Anna said in a huff. She followed the guy out of town and into the field where they needed to locate a cave to mine and a boar to kill. They were in the right place for both so it wouldn’t take them very long to complete which was a relief on the woman’s part.  â€œWhy don’t we head for a cave, like I suggested earlier… mining will go much quickly than killing the boar will.†She explained again hoping the rather dense man would heed her words and actually follow direction. He should have been very grateful for Zaz’s company, had he wandered out here alone, Al would be a dead man for sure. 

As Alucard gets closer to the cave, he slows his approach he crouches low and turns to look at Azazel but to his surprise she wasn't nowhere to be seen. Alucard curses to himself softly and continues towards the cave cautiously, as he nears the cave entrance, A large animal lets out a loud roar and when Alucard turns to the direction of the howl. A large Bear comes rushing out of the trees.

ID: 17830

MD: 8 (Hit)

As the Bear came barreling out the tree line, and crashes into Alucard throwing him the side, Alucard rolls for a few feet and slowly somes to a stop. Alucard jumps to his feet and readies himself for his attack. "Crap! I really got myself into trouble this time!" Alucard cries out as he hopes his companion comes along sooner than later.

Team:

Alucard: 14/15

Enemy:

Bear 22/22

Anna had been scanning the horizon for a cave they could easily mine the ore, but she just couldn’t decide which one. She meant to ask Alucard about his opinion but when she turned around the guy was nowhere to be found. “Al?†she said aloud rather confused as to where the man might have gone. “Don’t tell me that idiot is trying to do this on his own…†she said to herself. The man did say he had a childish nature about him, wandering away to do something stupid was exactly what a child would do.  Azazel had to find him and quickly or else he was going to get himself killed. 

(Because I’m here, your bear has to be at least 22 hp to drop anything. Also, you shouldn’t have wandered off on your own! This is how newb charries die.)

ID: 18173

BD: 7 (Hit)

Alucard knew he got himself in way over his head and hoped that Azazel would come to his aid but as of now he is on his own. So he steeled his nerves and rushes the bear and lashes his spear forward at the Bear and clips it's shoulder. Alucard knowing that hit did next to nothing to the Bear.

MD: 9 (+1) (Hit)

As Alucard landed his blow, the Bear did not waste a second to attack as Alucard was lost in thought. The Bear swiped him with it's right paw, claws dug in deep as Alucard was thrown backwards into a tree. Alucard wasted no time as he jumped to his feet and mentally prepares himself for his next assault on the Bear.

Team:

Alucard 12/15 (Hate: 1)

Enemy:

Bear 21/22 

END COMBAT

Alucard knows he got himself in way over his head and is smart enough to run away, as Alucard is running away, He heard the Bear roars loudly. Thankfully the Bear did not pursue him. Once far enough away, Alucard looks around for Azazel but she was nowhere to be found. So Alucard sits down and thinks oh crap what am I goin to do? So Alucard swipes his hand downwards to open the menu to look through his friends list, he find Lowenthal name and messages him to see if he could help Alucard.

To: Lowenthal

Hey I got myself into a tight spot. Could you spare some time to help me?

Lowenthal had just got down making another bathing suit in his shop when he heard a ping. He opened his menu, and read the message that Alucard had sent him. He read it, and sighed. "For the love of, he didn't even mention where he was at." Lowenthal locked up his shop and sent Alucard another message.

To: Alucard

From Lowenthal

Hey, where the hell are you? All I got is that your on the first floor.

Lowenthal sent the message and headed out to the fields. When he reached the fields he scanned the horizon. He couldn't see Alucard from where he was at. Hopefully Alucard hadn't got lost in the forest, or trapped in a cave. Lowenthal heard about how deadly a cave could be. "Dammit Al, where could you be?" Lowenthal said to himself.

Alucard heard a ping and open his messages and seen the message is from Lowenthal. "Jeez I did forget to give him a location." Alucard huffs loudly, so Alucard sends him another messages

To: Lowenthal

I'm located in the northwest part of the fields, and I lost my party member Azazel. i don't know if you know who that is, but if you see her drag her butt this way. thanks man for taking some time to help.

Lowenthal heard another ping. Good, another message. "North western part." Lowenthal looked at the sun's location, he got a rough bearing and head out. Using his <athletics> skill Lowenthal was able to sprint for longer duration of time. He searched the area that Alucard gave him.

ID: 18571

LD: 7+1=8/did not beat 10=failure to find

Giving up on looking with his eyes, Lowenthal then turned to his ears. "Alucard! Where the hell are you!?" Lowenthal called out, tired of running all over god knows where. Thank god Alucard wasn't a complete idiot. If he was he would've been dead weeks ago. Lowenthal scowled.