[F11] Bardic Inspiration (Open to all)

latest?cb=20120825084941

Bardic Inspiration

About:

Along the houses that line the streets in the Eastern part of Taft on Floor Eleven, one house bears the symbol of a lute on a hanging wooden sign aside the door. The front door is unlocked and open to travelers who hear the sound of music coming through one of the open windows. As they walk in, they see two doors in the hallway, the one on the right being open. Inside is a workshop with a piano and other instruments lined the wall around a chalkboard with notes and lyrics scribbled onto it. 

Sitting on the far side of the room on a wooden stool, a recording crystal set up in front of him, sits a ginger haired man with a lute in his hand, plucking a soft melody. 

g-clef-musical-note_318-42790.jpg

My Stats:

Spoiler

Rank 2

68/159 XP 

CD:
    [1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
    [2-4] = Fail (Lose materials)
    [5-7] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 11+)
    [8-10] = Uncommon item (1 slot)
    [11] = Rare item (2 slots)
    [12] = Perfect item (3 slots)

LD:
    [1-16] = No effect.

[17-20] = Masterpiece crafted.

+2 EXP from Workshop

• Critical Fail and Fail crafts: +3 EXP
  • Salvage crafts: +4 EXP
  • Uncommon crafts: +5 EXP
  • Rare crafts: +7 EXP
  • Perfect crafts: +10 EXP

• [0-39XP] Rank 1 - Musico Primo: Able to craft Tier 1 equipment. 2 crafts per day.
  • [40-159 EXP] Rank 2 - Secondo Artistica: Able to craft Tier 2 equipment. 4 crafts per day.
  • [160-639 EXP] Rank 3 -  El Tercio Tocador: Able to craft Tier 3 equipment. 6 crafts per day.
  • [640-2559 EXP] Rank 4 -  El Quarto Instructor: Able to craft Tier 4 equipment. 8 crafts per day.
  • [2560 EXP] Rank 5 - La Quinta Orchestra: Able to craft Tier 5 equipment. 10 crafts per day.

http://img.freepik.com/free-icon/musical-note_318-106380.jpg?size=338c&ext=jpg

Pricing:

Spoiler

Vanity Songs: 50 col / 1 Mat

Uncommon Songs: 300 col / 2 Mat

Rare Songs: 700 col / 3 Mat

Perfect Songs: 1200 col / 4 Mat

45500-200.png

Commissions?: 

Want a song of your own? Look here:

Spoiler

Your Profession: Performer

Your Rank: 2

ID: 

Roll: 

Item Type: 

Quality: 

Enhancements:  

Description:

All Item Enhancements must comply with the rules found here.

latest?cb=20130629180959

In Stock:
Click links to hear the song!

Uncommon Songs:

Spoiler

Rare Songs:

Spoiler

Perfect Songs:

Spoiler

132737-200.png

Transactions:

Spoiler

> Sweet Nothings - Lowenthal (Gift)
> Call of the Wild - Piera (600 col)
>Call of the Wild - Kalesh (4 mats)
>Kalesh Battle Theme - Kalesh (1 Mat)
>Call of the Wild - Lee (4 mats)
> Call of the Wild, Sorry Not Sorry, Promises no Promises - Vale (2000 col, 15 mats)
>Call of the Wild - Telrenya (Free)

As he sat on the small second floor balcony inside of his shop, Jomei began to hum a tune happily. His eyes widened and he grinned, he liked the way the song sounded. He quickly equipped his lute and pulled out a recording crystal. This one is going to be good. He thought to himself and chuckled. He pressed the button on the recording crystal. the small thing opened up as the red light began to flash, and it floated in front of him.

ID: 18101

CD: 2 Fail

Half way through his recording, Jomei's thoughts drifted off, and his music trailed off. When he snapped back into reality, he quickly stopped the recording, and replayed the song. "Yikes.." he said to himself, scrunching his nose. "Better try again." He tossed the crystal behind him.

-1 Recording Crystal

+1 EXP

As he threw the trashed recording crystal behind him, he decided to give it another shot. 

He pulled out another recording crystal and began to try at the same song again.

ID: 18102

CD: 7 Bad Item

He played through the song, he was feeling confident at the start, but began to lose than confidence when he heard how it was coming out through his lute. He finished his song and sighed. Far from my best, guess ill put it downstairs on display. 

Item<An Annoyance>

Song Type: <Annoying Song>

Quality: Bad 

Description: A pretty bad sounding song that could probably get on anybody's nerves. Maybe one could use it to bother a friend or enemy. 

• 1 month later...

Jomei cracked his knuckles as he grabbed his lute off of the floor. He had received a custom order from his friend Lowenthal that.. well.. he was not expecting. He lifted up his hand to open up his HUD, and checked the PM one more time to make sure he was not misreading something..

unnamed_zpsuglsg8ns.png         To: Jomei 

Hey, I need a .... special song. My birthday is coming up, and I kinda need it to ... be sexy? If you can do that? Just, no reason...

Sender: Lowenthal

Jomei scratched at the back of his head as he read the PM again. Jomei didnt think he would ever have to write something like this, but he could not deny his friends request, especially if it was for his birthday coming up. He chuckled as he leaned back in his chair, the back two legs creaking as he lifted his lute to his lap. He pulled out a recording crystal and placed it in front of him. Scratching at the hairs on his chin, he thought of what would make a good song to fit Lowenthal's expectations. After a moment, he pressed the small red button on the recording crystal and began to play. A sexy song? This was unlike Jomei had ever done before. This song started to sound more like the tune to a really ... really bad hip hop song. Jomei went to go delete the song to start over, but noticed the song had locked in place... and let out a sigh. 

ID: 22609

CD: 1

Okay, Jomei was not giving up on his friends request for a 'special' song. He sat forward, letting the front legs of his chair hit the ground hard. He stood up and pulled out another recording crystal, this time he was determined. He was going to make this song as 'special' as possible. He looked around the room, and decided the lute was not going to do the right job for this song. He walked over to the far wall of his shop and took the guitar off of the wall. Despite knowing how to play this in the real world, he had not touched it much in game.. too excited about being able to use all of these other instruments. He placed the guitar strap around his neck and placed the recording crystal in front of him. He began to play the guitar, and a beautiful, almost spanish sounding melody came from the strings. After finishing, Jomei was surprised at how well it came out. He decided to add other instruments into the song as well to add a little bit more flair to it. 

After finishing the song, he sat back down and played the song back. A light blush came to his cheeks as he listened to it. It really was Lowenthal's definition of.. special. Jomei opened up his HUD and sent a reply to Lowenthal's message, to let him know it was finished. 

unnamed_zpsuglsg8ns.png  To: Lowenthal

Got it! Your song is all finished up and recorded. I... think you're gonna like it. Just make sure to save it for the right occasion.

Sender: Jomei

ID: 22610

CD: 11

Item<Sweet Nothings>

Song Type: Love Song

Quality: Rare

Description: A smooth, Spanish sounding guitar melody with hints of light percussion.

Jomei shook his head as Lowenthal took out his bag of Col. "Please, consider it a gift" he gave him a quick smile.  "You said your birthday was coming up.. so take it as that" he leaned in close, putting his arm around Lowenthal, "Just make sure to make that night extra special." He gave his friend a pat on the back.

- 1 Sweet Nothings (Song)

Lowenthal laughed. "Thanks. I'll be sure to talk ab out your shop in the future." Lowenthal said, making his way out of the shop. "My birthday is actually next month, but I'm thinking of celebrating early." He was excited that he had the song he wanted in his hands. And he had an idea for when he would use it. All he needed to do now, was gather courage.

+1 <Sweet Nothings>

• 2 weeks later...

Jomei decided to give another shot at making some music. He pulled out his lute and sat cross-legged on one of the couches in his shop. He scratched his chin thinking of how this song should play out. After strumming a few chord progressions, he decided it was time to give it a shot. He pulled up a recording crystal and placed it on the table in front of him. He then began to play his music. After playing, he was happy with his results. They may not have been able to help a person out in their quests, but it certainly could serve as a good form of entertainment. 

ID: 24454

CD: 8 -> Good Item

Name: Fireplace

Your Rank: 1

ID: 24454

Roll: 8

Item Type: Relaxing Song

Quality: Good 

Enhancements:  ---

Description: A slow, almost romantic song using just the sounds of a lute. 

Despite the fact that Jomei was happy with his creation, he felt as though he could do better. He placed another recording crystal in front of him and thought again, trying to come up with more inspiration for a song. Jomei began to play again after beginning to recording. He was very confident in this song.. however.. Halfway through his musical performance, Jomei let out a loud sneeze, ruining the entire recording. He let out a heavy sigh and placed his lute on the floor. 

ID: 24455

CD: 3 

+3 EXP

+ 1 Fireplace (Good Song)

-2 Recording Crystals

"Hm? I guess there's a new shop here."

Calrex walked into the fairly skinny building, quietly closing the door behind him. As he ascended the steps the sound of what appeared to be some kind of string instrument, possibly a lute, could be heard, growing louder as he got closer and closer. Upon reaching the next floor he looked around, seeing that rather than a store-like setting it appeared more like a lounge one would see in the real world, like a karaoke lounge during the day.

Seeing a familiar face holding the suspected instrument Calrex gave a friendly wave, "Hm...Skylar's been fairly inactive recently, so I haven't had a chance to check out any items specific to performers."

"Hey Jomei, hope business is going well!"

He picked up a custom order form and began filling it out.

Item<Combat Crescendo>

Song Type: <Battle Melody>

Quality: Perfect

Enhancement: +3 DMG

Description: A musical piece that is constantly building, growing louder and stronger with each passing second. Listening to this tune invigorates the user and gives them an increased drive, much like a battle cry. Anyone on the opposing side should be wary, because it's one thing to go against a soldier, and another to fight one pumped for the fight.  

He slid it into the custom order section, "Feel free to take your time on this one. Also if you're ever in need of materials feel free to let me know!"

With that Calrex gave a friendly wave before heading back downstairs and out of the Bardic Inspiration.

• 2 months later...

"Oh, hey Calrex." Jomei gave his friend a wave as he entered the shop. "Business is.... ehh." he cocked his head to the side, chucking embarrassed at how poorly his shop really had been doing. The man was here to put in an order, which honestly took him by surprise. He asked Jomei to craft a song that would increase his damage in battle. Rubbing the back of his neck, Jomei apologetically spoke to Calrex, "I'll try my best for it lad.. but it may take quite awhile.." 

As the man left the shop, Jomei looked down at his lute and knew he needed to work harder.. maybe then people would actually make use of his music. Despite knowing it would take a long time to be able to create Calrex's song, he got to work on practicing.

-----------------
ID: 32550
CD: 12 (Perfect)
-1 Mat
+8 EXP

Name: Call of The Wild

ID: 32250

Roll: 12

Item Type: Familiar Call

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements:  Familiar Call (+1 to LD during Feeding the Enemy)

Description: The catchy notes played on the lute could be heard while walking among nature. It is said wildlife may even dance when hearing this song. 

-----------------
ID:32551
CD: 10 (Uncommon)
-1 Mat
+3 Exp

Name: Attracting AttentionYour Profession: Performer

Your Rank: 1ID: 32251

Roll: 10

Item Type: Attraction Song

Enhancements:  Monster Grenade +1 

Description: This upbeat song full of low bass tones can be heard from far away, may attract attention to the user. 

-----------------
Edited by Jomei

After his own recording session yesterday, Jomei was beginning to get back into the swing of things with crafting. Maybe he would actually be able to make some useful songs that could be brought to the boss fight in the coming weeks. Picking up his lute, he began to get to work, trying out different combinations of notes and chords until he felt comfortable with what he was doing. Placing a crystal in front of him to record the first song on, he came up with a soft tune that almost seemed like something one would just have playing in the background of their shop. The feelings he got from listening to it made him calm and happy, but it didn't seem to increase any of his stats. So he placed it to the side, deciding to try another one. Placing his hand on his chin, he remembered the song he wrote yesterday, that upon playing it.. Adere seemed to come directly to him, and even bobbed her body around to the music.. she did not always do this when he played, so he realized it could be useful in helping players find familiars of their own. Setting up another crystal to record the song, he played the same song as he did yesterday.

--------------
ID: 32660
CD: 6 (Good)

--------------
ID: 32661
CD: 12 (Perfect)

Name: Everyday Life
Description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Qc9Q5d3I8&index=3&list=PL75hpt8RJmq3U1uOmSXx1aWfpYrNRe0uh

Name: Call of The Wild

ID: 32250

Roll: 12

Item Type: Familiar Call

Enhancements:  Familiar Call (+1 to LD during Feeding the Enemy)

Description: The catchy notes played on the lute could be heard while walking among nature. It is said wildlife may even dance when hearing this song. 

--------------
Total:
0 Mats
+10 Exp

Edited by Jomei

Piera wandered into the comfy looking shop and smiled when she heard Jomei's voice greet her. "Hey! Wow your shop is amazing. It's so comfy and relaxing...nnn. I can stay here, right?" She joked with a laugh, taking in the sights of her friend's domain. This was her first time here after all. "Lemme see whatcha got. I'm looking for somethiiiiing...." The brunette trailed off as she wandered around the various recording crystals, tapping them to play their song and reveal their specifications before she smiled at one, 'Familiar Call'. "Like this! I've been meaning to try and tame a familiar and I'd really like to not mess it up."

Jomei continued to pluck at the strings on his lute, sitting sideways on one of the large comfy chairs, his one leg hanging over one of the arm rests and using the other arm rest to support his back. He looked over towards the door as it slowly opened, this was the first time he had someone visit his shop in a long time. In through the door came his purple clad friend Piera, "Hey there, Piera!" He placed the lute on the floor, leaning against the couch, and he spun in the seat so he could stand up to meet the girl. "Heh, thanks. Not many people have actually been here before." The girl began looking through his stock, listening to the different pieces he had crafted. She came up to one recording crystal that had a dull gray light, rather than the bright red light. The body of the item itself seemed a little dulled as well. He remembered that being a failed creation of his, which sounded pretty bad. "Ahh don't.. don't listen to that one haha." he grabbed the crystal and threw it to the other side of the room, where it shattered like glass. 

She continued to look through his wares until she came to one of his newest crafts, which was a familiar call. "Hm, looking to find a friend for Adere eh?" he smirked. "Well this will definitely help you out there... watch." he pressed the preview button on the crystal, and the song began to play. It was a very catchy song, almost one that would accompany adventures on a walk through a field or the woods. As the song began to play, the owl from the upper level of the shop swooped down to Jomei's shoulder, where it happily bobbed its head to the music. He scratched at the hairs on his chin. "Here." he tossed her the crystal, "No charge." he gave her a wide grin.

-1 Call of The Wild (Familiar Call) 

Piera smiled sympathetically at her ginger friend as he stated that he didn't get many people in his shop. "It is a little out of the way. But that's part of what makes it so cozy and homey." She definitely liked the atmosphere that the performer's place had. She was just tapping a somewhat dull looking recording crystal when Jomei snatched it and threw it across the room where it shattered. Blinking with wide surprised eyes she then laughed and protested, "Aw c'mon, it couldn't've been that bad!" Shaking her head, she continued on and smiled at his question before nodding. "Yeah, I think it's about time I get a little helper. It'd be nice to have some extra company when Lee's not around too." The brunette looked with interest as he explained that he had something that would help her out before playing a jaunty catchy tune from a crystal on display that made her mouth turn up involuntarily in a delighted smile as she observed Adere swooping onto her master's shoulder. Piera almost didn't catch the crystal tossed at her, fumbling and clutching it to her chest to ensure that it didn't drop and shatter. "Eh? Are you sure? I have the col. Hmm...how about you let me pay you and then you come help me figure out how to actually tame something?"

Jomei glared at the brown haired girl. He did not want to accept any payment from her.. but she seemed persistent about it. He especially did not want to take any mats from her, since she was so busy with Zelrius' tall order of potions and crystals for the upcoming boss fight. Crossing his arms, he let out a sigh, "Alright fine.. I'll give it to you for half the price at 600 col. Hah, and you want me to come with you? Alright. Sounds like a deal." He remembered back to when he went on the search for Adere... it was not a fun journey. But, he knew it would have been much more enjoyable with company around.. and he did not want to see the girl go through the same grueling journey as he did. "Just send me a message whenever you want to meet up." 

Piera raised an eyebrow and met her friend's glare without backing down, crossing her arms across her chest as she did so, waiting for him to back down. At the compromise, the alchemist grinned and nodded before swiping her menu open and making the trade. "Pleasure doin' business with you." The brunette was glad to hear that he was alright with helping her find her own familiar and nodded at his suggestion. "Sure. I gotta take care of a few things and buy some food first anyway. Talk to you later Jomei." With a wave, the alchemist left the cozy shop.

+Familiar Call
-600 Col

Kalesh blinked as he passed Piera in the street, giving her a smile and wave as he passed and entered the performer's shop, looking around curiously at the pricing and stock before saying happily to the owner. "Hello!" He waited until he had the man's attention to say "I'm looking for a Familiar Call, you have any kicking around? If not I can order one." He had seen the prices and thought they were fair enough going through his inventory to get them ready. A moment later four materials rested in his hands and were being held out to the shop's owner. "I'm Kalesh, by the way." He smiled, introducing himself as he paid/ordered himself an item to assist in catching a new friend. He had maaaaany plans.

Jomei waved at Piera as the girl walked out the door. Not long after her, a long, crimson haired player entered the shop. Catching the locks of the person out of the corner of his eye, he quickly turned his head to look, realizing it was not who he thought it was. "Oh, sorry. What can I do for you, lad?" Jomei said, walking over to the newcomer. After the man browsed through his selection, he admitted he was looking for a familiar call. "Ah, just sold my other one even. But I had two in stock." Jomei gestured his hand over to a display case, where there was a single crystal waiting for be purchased. "It'll be four materials... or 1200 col.. whichever ye prefer" the man handed the payment over to Jomei, he happily accepted them into his inventory. He then took the crystal out of the case and handed it to the man, who introduced himself as Kalesh. "Well then its a pleasure to meet you Kalesh, I'm Jomei." 

- 1 Call of the Wild
+4 Mats"
+ 600 Col

Kalesh raised a brow when the man who later introduced himself as Jomei apologized to him but he smiled as he was given the item he asked for, double checking the item's stats, and then happily putting it into his inventory. "Ahhh, I seeee.... I wonder what kind of familiar Piera is looking for then." He smirked, doubting it was mere coincidence the item had just been sold and he had just seen her. "Ah well, best of luck to her. I'm lucky myself to get the last one I figure!" He chuckled, thinking nothing of the man's accent. Kalesh being caucasian rather than japanese so he felt he probably stood out himself to some people. "Nice to meet you too, Jomei!" He spent a moment in thought before saying "Hey, while I'm out getting my familiar, maybe you could make a song for me?" He smiled and took a new material from his inventory and holds it out. "I'm... not going to pretend I know how this profession works." He chuckled softly and adds "But could I get some battle music? And I don't mean a buff song that is going to disappear in one use, I mean a crystal with a song that would make my blood boil in combat if I just kinda... activated it before the fight." He chuckled softly "I've spent too many years playing games. Fighting without a sweet tune just feels odd." He shrugged, sure most people had more pressing concerns than a nice song.

-4 Materials
+1 Call of the Wild
-1 Material