[PP-F2] Trying to find Sense

Lowenthal had gotten used to the second floor. He walked over to the cafe table where he had met the strange girl Ahti. Or better yet, 'Breaker'. I guess everyone copes in their own way. Lowenthal thought. He crossed his arms and smelled the air around him. It was sweet, perhaps some dessert was being made. Bored, and starting to feel lonely, lowenthal opened his menu and sent Ahti an invite. And with that, Lowenthal leaned back in his chair, and waited.

The familiar ting-ding of a invite received was sounded to all surrounding players in the vicinity, the sound coming out right under the table Lowenthal was sitting at! Ahti responded with a loud 'Thud' that was the sound of her head hitting the top of the table in surprise, followed by her attempting to be melodramatic in slinking from the table depths on the other side with the tablecloth like a ghost sheet. "Woo, who dare's send an invite in my presence, the Table of unwanted friends~"

Lowenthal jumped at the ding, then the sudden thud, which the table. Then the table cloth ghost emerged, Lowenthal chuckled and smiled. He knew who it might have been. "Tis' I!" He said. "Lowenthal, Master of the Shadows!" He said, heroically. He had no idea why, but this girl just made him do things that he wouldn't do. Perhaps that he wanted to be a hero, and this girl was in the same boat. He sat back down, grinning like an idiot.

The sound of her blade being equipped was hear as Galaxy Slicer ripped the sheet open and impaled upon the table. "And the mighty Ahti has slain the Table of Unwanted friends before it could do harm to the Master of Shadow Arts. Once Again I save the lives of all I just so happen to be around. Hohoho!" She started to laugh manically, before a large wooden bowl flew out of the shoppe and pegged her i the side of the head. 2 Minute of apologizing and paying in Col later she was sitting down at a different, unruined Table and sheet, rubbing the side of her head grumpily. "Well I thought it was funny..." Could be heard in a pouting tone.

Lowenthal laighed alongside Ahti, until she was pegged with a bowl. That's when he decided to keep quiet. He rolled his eyes. "I guess that's the perks of being an adult. Some people just don't have a sense of humor." He leaned on the table. "But, you kinda did destroy their table, I guess that's a normal reaction." He said, shrugging.

"They must be in cahoots with the Bureau!"  she said half seriously, poking at the table while she waited for a bell to ring and the waitress to come out with their lunch. "Oh I figured you'd be hungry so I ordered a few things." The waitress put down a nice steak in-front of Lowenthal, while, refusing to look at her, placed a normal looking salad with rice in-front of Ahti. Right after the waitress left, She took the fort and lifted up the right flake of leafy goodness to reveal half of a devil fruit, it was sliced into a thin ring and left with her salad, "Trying to poison me! I knew it." Accusingly stated, pitting up the tomato slice with her fork and wiggling it around without eating it.

Lowenthal looked at the tomato slice. "If your not gonna eat that put it on my plate." He said, starting to slice into his steak. "I've eat those all the time, the ' Bureau' has no power of the Master of shadows." He said, taking a bite of his steak. He knew the tomato didn't have any powers, or was poisoned. All he knew was that his steak was missing a perfectly good tomato.

She placed it on-top of his steak with a 'ooooo' of impressive sounding nature, before sheepishly biting into her salad, looking off into the distance. After a few minutes of summoning up the courage she spoke aloud, "So, Master of the Dark Arts... how do you feel about this place?" Almost extraordinarily blunt, she looked back at him, and pointed all around, "Not this building, but this world in general?"

Lowenthal cut the tomato, and ate it with the piece of his steak. He heard Ahti's question. It threw him off. That was a somewhat serious question, from the often silly woman. He thought about it and swallowed. "Well, it's horrible. The fact that people die day and night, and that I can't do anything to change that except move on in my life." He said solemly. He looked into the sky. "But, I'm glad I'm here. I'm more here in this world then i'll ever be in the real one." He looked back at Ahti. "And, here I have you." He said, before relizing what he said and blushing a shade of red that resembled his tomato. "Um, what I meant was that I'm glad that you're here. I mean, I'm happy." Lowenthal quickly put more steak in his mouth, this time avoiding the tomato.

"But, people die all day all the time in the real world to; how is this....any different?" she muttered under her breath. She looked at him when he blushed at his own words. "You've never had a girlfriend have you?" once again, blunt as a battle axe, she came at him with another hard hitting question; but before he could inevitably stutter and stammer his way through it she picked up, "This world is nice, but it's... lacking. Sure I can sat I fight against the Bureau here, but in the end, nothing matters. It's nice to actually make an impact, and I didn't do too much in the other world... But it's still fake; just like the other world. Nothing really happens, nothing really begins, and even then, nothing really ends." She took a sip of the tea that was with her salad, looking down and picking apart the leafy dinner. "It's just trading one illusion for another..."

Lowenthal stopped eating his steak. How, am I really that transparent? He thought. he looked back at the sky, and listened to Ahti. He let her finish, before he spoke. "Well, I like to believe that things can happen. Inside those bursts of nothing." He said, confidently. "Like, making new friends, discovering new places. Even though this world is fake, it's people are not." He leaned on the table. "Like you and me." He said, smiling. Then he shook his head. "What's with the seriousness all of the sudden?" Lowenthal asked, slightly concerned.

"Ooh? So where just friends?" She asked him, ignoring all the rest of the seriousness. she picks a large bunch of her salad and shove it in at once, munching loudly. "If where such good friends then this doesn't count as a date then does it? Won't all the other eligible bachelors of Aincrad be happy?" She was taunting him now, completely deflecting away from the original topic. She quietly drank down the rest of her tea and stood up from the table, pushing in her chair.

Lowenthal's eyes nearly popped from his head. And he quickly stood up from his chair. "Wha-What does that mean?" he stuttered. He thought about it quickly. "You mean, you'd date me?" He asked, blushing slightly. This was odd, he'd been on a date before but they're were mostly 'pity' dates. Where women whould go out with him, so they didn't seem like horrible people for saying no. 

"Hmm, why wouldn't I?" She asked seriously, walking down the street with Lowenthal in tow, heading towards the town gates. "Wouldn't be a proper date without some fun, so how about we go to this floors dungeon and clear it out? Sound good?" Ahti asked, leaning up against the gateway, jerking a thumb towards the direction of the floor-2 ruins that lead up to floor 3.

Lowenthal thought about it. "Sounds good to me." He said smiling at Ahti. This kind of date, was new to Lowenthal. "This'll be fun." He said, putting his arms behind his head. It was a nice feeling, being with Ahti. He sudden seriousness was a bit, odd. But it was a welcome change. Lowenthal walked behind Ahti. As they approched the cave entrance, it was a bit more daunting then Lowenthal had imagined. "Well, this is it." He said, looming over the entrance.

Ahti spent zero time looking at the scenery before walking forwards at a brisk pace heading straight into the danger zone. "Psh, you can't let a cave scare you off; then you'll never have any fun~" Ahti then let out her 'Hohoho!' and pressed onwards, Galaxy Slicer in hand, and ready to rip through enemies to hopefully make it to the boss room- maybe even find some treasure along the way. It was an amazing feeling, that of unbridled adventure!

"Jeez, just getting right into it." Lowenthal said, quickly following Ahti. He couldn't say that this was the best location at a date he's been on. But the company was certainly better.His steps echoed behind Ahti's. It wasn't the cave that scared him, but what lay within it. And it was something about caves, that made him uneasy. He couldn't put his finger on it. "What do you think we'll find in here?" He said, drawing his kunai in preparation.

(OoC: I'm leaving work, so i'll be back in like 10 minutes)

"Probably some sort of demon monster; with countless fangs and 23 arms! Or most likely so low level monsters that are easy pickings." She said as a matter of factually, Her massive sword slung over her shoulder as she continued to search around for any signs of life, looking for a fight worthy of the Great Breaker, and the Master of the shadow Arts too! She let out another one of her 'Hohoho!' and trekked forwards, letting Lowenthal guard her back.

Lowenthal shuddered at the thought of a giant demon monster with 23 arms. "I think the most arms I can deal with is 8." he said, chuckling. "So," Lowenthal began, his steps matching Ahti's as he walked. "You ever have any boyfriends? You guessed correctly when you said I never had a girlfriend." Lowenthal said, his blushing being masked by the dim light of the cave.

"Hmmm?" She hummed over to him absentmindedly before actually comprehending his question. "I had one once, but he left me after he went to collage, dumping me before I could pass the entrance exam myself. No big deal really." She said, shrugging as she made her way forwards, seeing a rather large door made of solid stone. "Oooo, boss room! " She said, pinging her map and turning around to explore the dungeon a bit more before fighting the boss. "I also had a girlfriend in high-school for a brief amount of time- she said my illusions where cute, but she had to move away, for the best really, I suspected her of being a double agent sent by the bureau."