[PP-F11] Gathering Materials and Familiars (Ssendom)

Quest Info

Tristan sighed as he saw he only had 2 materials. It was a....pitiful amount for sure and not any sort of workable amount for crafting, since he would run out in no time. So he decided to go for a material run, apparently the latest craze these days. No surprise, since there have been a lot of crafters lately and he needs to craft himself as well.

Tristan sent a message to ssendom, a username of one of the players in his guild. A lower level player than the Commandant he was, this person was a Brigadier. Nonetheless all players in Azure Brigade were somewhat competent in one way or another, as was the elitist nature of the guild. Not that it mattered in this non-combat fight, since all they were doing was material gathering and now and again Tristan would attempt to find and tame a familiar.

He waited on Dom (as he was often called) for him to arrive so they could gathering. He sighed and watched clouds as he waited. Tristan had no combat equipment on seeing as they were gathering, not fighting. Thus his clothing was far more casual.

Ssendom resting on a hill inside the town of Taft on the 11th floor after a long day of scouting and assisting others in training, he felt rather worn out from battle for the first time in his SAO right. He had swapped out of all of his battle gear and into his brown casual clothing to make a statement he wasn't going to do any fighting today, "I never thought I'd be constantly fighting this much already. The more and more you get to the front lines the more things you battle... Tedious." He murmured in an annoyed voice.

He heard a strange yet familiar sound, he opened his left eye and saw on his interface that he had a message from someone. He pressed on it and opened up a message from an unfamiliar name, "Tristan... I don't think I know a Tristan." He said out loud to himself, he dropped his menu HUD and saw over his friends list that there were no people named Tristan there. He then moved the information over his Guild Tab and saw it right there, "Ah, so Tristan is one of my Commandants. Well since it's Guild affiliated I'll join this man." He rolled off his back onto his feet, then started walking to the coordinates that weren't to far from him.

Upon reaching the location, the only person he saw was a long red haired man standing there in casual clothing. 'Well at least I am not under dressed for the occasion.' His overly massive scarf flowing in the light breeze as he walked up, "Good to meet you Commandant Tristan, tis a pleasure to make your acquaintance." he said outwardly as he held his hand out to shake the Red Haired man, "What would you be having me do today sir?"

Tristan smiled as he noticed the tall man appear. He was just under his own height but clearly had a hugely differing body build. While Tristan's own was more slender due to fighting in medieval combat, thus gaining a strong but slender body which allowed for quick and easy movement (much like that of a martial artist or similar), while his own body appeared to be more...artificially built? It was a odd choice of word, but represented best how unlike his own, their body built due to being worked on simply to be built. It was by no means bad, though did give an illusion of being better in fights, which is always up to debate. He for one didn't care about what size they were, they would be on fire from his shield either way.

Tristan broke off the thought train about bodies and and addressed Dom, saying "No need to be so formal, I'm simply going to be farming for materials around the area, plus when possible attempting to tame a familiar. It's just a very casual exploration of this new floor, so don't be expecting any combat of any sort, just picking out materials for use for our crafting professions." he said smiling. "So I suppose without further ado, let's go exploring. I don't mind what we do for material gathering, take your pick."

He looked at the tall red headed man, 'Slight build to him... probably from some natural work he did like hiking or something. Not in bad shape, now I feel a little weird for enjoying being a work out warrior. I enjoyed the gym but he seems like a well built man.' He thought to himself as he nodded to Tristan, "Alright then Tristan, I'll disregard formalities then and treat you as an equal as you please." He stretches popping some bones, "And thank god... After the scouting expedition and assisting fellow guild mate Kotori, I could do well without fighting another creature for while. I was going to say that I was going to take a break from fighting at least for the rest of today." He explains to his new teammate, he shifts through his menu HUD after dropping it and send a party invite to Tristan, "We'll head out whenever you say so. Plus I needed to get some materials for the grill anyways."

Tristan nodded to what he said. He himself had been helping people with bosses nigh exclusively lately, or been kept busy with feisty women, so could do with a break of simply some brain dead gathering of materials.

He accepted the party invite and smiled, walking with Dom out into the forest. For now he looked across and picked anything that looked remotely interesting, which could possibly earn him a material.

ID 22371-22375, LD 2 6 9 7 14, No materials found

Tristan at first tried to scavenge around in search for nearby materials to use, but was wholly unsuccessful and found nothing of use. Great start.

ID: 22446

LD: 5 + 1 = 6

ID: 22447

LD: 1 + 1 = 2

ID: 22448

LD: 6 + 1 = 7

ID: 22449

LD: 3 + 1 = 4

ID: 22450

LD: 7 + 1 = 8

After they exchanged greetings they got straight off to walking outside the city looking for materials and possibly any creatures for the tall red head to tame. They went upon a quiet stroll about not really much was said between the two. Ssendom dropped his menu HUD and spawned his weapon upon his back for just in case reasons. As Tristan peered through some of the flower beds Ssendom decided to follow suite as well though he came up with nothing as well.

Material Count Ssendom: 0

Material Count Tristan: 0

ID 22451, 22452, 22453, 22454, 22456 LD 6, 12, 10, 20, 2. 1 Material Gathered.

Tristan sighed and tried a different flower bed which had some pretty red flowers which caught his eye. He tried to pick the flowers, but most of them had his hand pass through them harmlessly, stopping him from picking them. One flower however allowed itself to be picked and he picked it up, inserting it into his inventory as a material.

ID: 22568

LD: 10 + 1 = 11

ID: 22569

LD: 9 + 1 = 10

ID: 22570

LD: 2 + 1 = 3

ID: 22571

LD: 4 + 1 = 5

ID: 22572

LD: 8 + 1 = 9

Ssendom seemed to be having a rough time looking through the flower beds, it was rather annoying in itself. But he decided to just sigh, shrug, and move on to the next. It was a pretty peaceful time just looking through flowers for materials with someone who was in near same shape as him which would seem like a date between the two. He chuckled lightly at the thought and continued to walk and search between flower beds for anything, even though he wasn't having much luck.

Material Count Ssendom: 0

Material Count Tristan: 1

ID 22579, 22580, 22581, 22582, 22583. LD 8, 11, 20, 1 5. 1 Material gathered.

Tristan looked through the flowers some more, finding it a rather simple mundane thing for thing to do. His mind was almost numb and working off instinct, letting his body do the picking while his mind was blank. Tristan thought on what kind of familiar he may get for himself, that is if he ever had the option to choose. Did he find the familiars, or did the familiars find him?

ID: 22654

LD: 14 + 1 = 15

ID: 22655

LD: 20 + 1 = 21

ID: 22656

ID: 22657

LD: 17 + 1 = 18

ID: 22659

LD: 5 + 1 = 6

Ssendom searched through more flowerbeds and happened to come across one that had two pickable flowers next to an iron ore that was simply jutting out of the ground. He gripped upon the ore and ripped it out with violent force, after he got the ore he pulled out the flowers and inserted them into his inventory. He looked over to see how Tristan was doing, he felt like striking a conversation but he decided against it. He thought it was better that the Red Head start the conversation cause Ssendom really didn't have much to talk about regardless.

Material Count Ssendom: 3

Material Count Tristan: 2

ID 22676, 22677, 22678, 22679, 22680. LD 7, 15, 3, 12, 18. 2 Materials Gathered.

Tristan continued picking some more flowers, though this time yellow ones. He decided it was worth having some conversation at the least with his guild member, just to be a bit less anti-social. "So what had you decide to join Azure Brigade?" he asked them as he picked further.  Some of the flowers he took actually counted as materials and not trash, which was nice.

ID: 22783

LD: 16 + 1 = 17

ID: 22784

ID: 22785

ID: 22786

ID: 22787

LD: 13 + 1 = 14

Ssendom searched through more flower beds as Tristan decided to open up some dialogue between the two of them, "Hmm, what made me want to join Azure Brigade." He sat and thought for a minute as he sifted through more of the flower bed he was currently sitting in picking a few flowers that were worth grabbing, "Well as I started my adventure I had heard of a few guilds that were a bit strong but that didn't interest me in the slightest. I told myself I wasn't going to join a guild unless they recognized me for my personal strength, Azure Brigade happened to be the first to send me a message stating that I was strong enough to join their ranks. So I took the call of action, not really much more to it to be honest." He explained to Tristan then looked at the man as he stood up, "What made you decide on Azure Brigade then Tristan?" He asked in turn.

Material Count Ssendom: 6

Material Count Tristan: 4

ID 22864, 22865228672286822870. LD 3, 1, 3, 20, 17. 2 Materials Gathered.

Tristan chuckled and said "That sounds very much like how it was for me. I used to be in Guardians of Aincrad led by Lessa, which Rebekah was in too. However With Lessa taking a temporary leave from fighting, she disbanded the guild and I took a break of my own from frontlining. As I came back, Zelrius, who I had frontlined with before, invited me to be part of the Commandants of a reformed Azure Brigade. And uh...here i am now." He smiled as he picked some more flowers, two of which registered as materials.

ID: 23061

ID: 23063

ID: 23064

ID: 23065

ID: 23066

Ssendom nodded and chuckled, "Heh, then I guess we're in the same boat. Recognized for our strength. Brought into the fold of someone's vision, I guess we gotta flaunt our stuff now huh Tristan?" His chuckle continued as he spout this miniature speech, pulling up only one material on his search through the flower beds. "So how much luck have you had with materials. I haven't gotten any luck thus far." He mentioned with a grumble as he stood up to go to the next flower bed.

Material Count Ssendom: 7

Material Count Tristan: 6

ID 23159 LD 8

[2-10] The mob is not interested. 

Tristan nodded and said "A vision of a elite guild of strength.", thinking how quickly they facerolled Repentance. Tristans ears perked up when he heard a small dire wolf going through the trees. He placed a small piece of food to try and lure the beast, hoping some meat would bait would get its attention. Apparently they took no interest though, since the beast never came. Tristan sighed and moved on, going back to searching materials.

ID: 23180

LD: 15 + 1 = 16

ID: 23182

ID: 23183

ID: 23184

ID: 23185

LD: 11 + 1 = 12

Ssendom watched as Tristan found a furry little dire wolf pup, he attempted to entice the thing with some meat though it didn't seem to help. Ssendom sifted through more flower beds, happening to find another iron ore just jutting out of the ground. Ssendom merely shrugged and ripped it out, a look of shock overcame his face as it was connected directly to another iron ore that was attached to it. "Well, you don't see that everyday." He then held out the double iron ore for Tristan to see.

Material Count Ssendom: 9

Material Count Tristan: 6

ID 23195, 23196, 23197, 23198, 23199. LD 16, 11, 11, 10, 19. 2 Materials Gathered.

Tristan sighed, deciding to go and join in with looking for some ore as well. He noticed what Dom had pulled out, finding that rather odd. "Let's see what this one is like then" he said, pulling out some ore of his own. It was also one atop another, which was...odd for sure.

ID: 23838

LD: 11 + 1

ID: 23839

LD: 6 + 1

ID: 23840

LD: 3 + 1

ID: 23841

LD: 11 + 1

ID: 23842

LD: 2 + 1

Ssendom thought it was very strange that both of them happened to find two different iron ore's that had another iron ore connected to it. "You know, I haven't traveled along this floor that much, but what I have learned from this floor. Everything seems to get a lot more interesting and crazy when we got past the tenth floor. Monsters seem to be more aware of their surroundings and are quick to assist their allies in peril. Either way, it's interesting to say the least." He mentioned as he continued searching around but to no avail on this attempted search.

Material Count Ssendom: 9

Material Count Tristan: 8

ID 24201, 24202242032420424205. LD 11, 9, 17, 1, 16. 2 Materials Gathered.

Tristan could only nod to his statement. To the little time he spent on the floor, there certainly was a certain pack mentality with the foes. "I know what you mean. They seem to be more aware than other enemies I have seen. Weirdly enough very akin to foes on the very lowest floors such as boars, but in bigger packs than usual. I can only hope there is no such pack when I find a monster to attempt to tame...". He knew of people who were bitten hard when attempting to feed a beast to tame and taking considerable damage, so he would have to proceed carefully.

ID: 24218

LD: 12 + 1 = 13

ID: 24219

ID: 24220

LD: 13 + 1 = 14

ID: 24221

ID: 24222

He sifted through the next flower bed, he seemed to be in automatic mode as he searched for more materials. He inspected through the flower quicker but unfortunately was only able to get a single flower, but one that would help mix into a spice he wanted. "Yeah, I got pretty giddy when I crashed and fought two Ant Men while I let Oikawa take on and quickly dispatched the single he took on. A good fight really gets the blood going and just pumps you up 'yaknow?" He asked with a grin on his face as if he felt somewhat accomplished with all that he was able to achieve in his short time of beginning his adventure. "Sorry if it seems like I am gloat, I promise I am not. I heard that you were apart of an earlier floor boss. So I hope I don't disappoint during the next one." He sounded confident and firm about his opinions.

Material Count Ssendom: 10

Material Count Tristan: 10