[SP - FL1] Stepping Into A New Life. [Complete]

"It has been quite a while since then.  Since this entire world started."

I said as I looked around the room that I had been hold up in for a while now.  A small little hotel room that could house two.  It had been some time since the start of the world of "Aincrad" from what I hear.  Some people are telling me that this is just a game, others say differently.  They are saying that we will die like everything else out there.  Some people helped me out back when I couldn't move myself properly.  They insisted that I stay in the Town of Beginnings and not venture out.  Leave the beasts to us, they would say.  I don't know why, but that makes my chest hurt more than just staying here.  Why would they risk their lives to help me out?

I pressed together my right index finger and thumb then swiped them down.  Afterwards, a small bell like sound rang out while a series of floating white objects came into view.  "The Menu Screen" from what I hear from everyone else.  I guess this is one of my only true clues as to what is going on in this world.  I touched to the Inventory to check on my equipment.  I had my clothes on the equip screen.  I learned that I could take take them off from here, as well as, equip my sword.  

That's right!  I have a sword.  I'm a swordsman!

"I should be out there with them!"  

I decided to stand from the bed which was a bad thing to do.  I instantly felt light-headed and fell to the ground.  No, I won't let this become habit!  I will get up, and I will fight!  I will find out why I can't remember this thing called the "other side"  Getting up, I equip my sword and walk out of the room.  Walking out into the streets of the Town of Beginnings, I can see that everything looks just as it has been for a while.  Many 'players' are still hanging out here.  Mostly for safety as they don't want to die.  Others own shops here, and can't afford the shops on higher floors.  Others are returning veterans from the front lines.  I hear that they passed into the 11th floor already.  I want to get to that level.  Maybe then...  I started to think as I walked towards Town Exit and walked 

Maybe then, I can finally figure out who I am.

Edited by Hirru
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found myself in the fields where the easiest enemy was..

THE FIERCE BOAR

I gulped in what I thought was a lump in my throat, but it must have been my imagination.  There were so many of them, but rumor was that they didn't all aggro towards the attacker.  Hopefully, that was the case as I don't want to burst into tiny particles.  That sounded scarier than the actual dying part.  I shook my head then put my hands to my cheeks.

"Get a hold of yourself, Hirru!  It's just a Lvl 1 Boar.  I hear it is really really easy."

I pulled out my sword and walked towards the boar.  It noticed me when I got to a certain distance.  It turned around slowly while grunting like the horker that it is; its enemy symbol turning from dull red to bright red.  They say that means that I got its attention.

The Boar snorts a few times before pawing at the ground.  It lowered its head then started to charge at me with its tusks bare.

"Oh no!"

I yelled out in surprise.  I didn't have a hold on battle just yet, and it's already charging!  I took my sword in hand at tried to swipe at it!

Hirru [bD 3][Failure]

My blade fell short as the boar continued its charge.

Boar [MD 6][success]

The boar gored me in my leg leaving a hole that glowed orange.  Strange that it just felt like a tickle, and not hurting any more than that.  Still, I did hurt to hear the sound of my health drop.

Hirru [HP 4/5]

Boar [HP 3/3]

This didn't seem right.  Something was wrong, and I needed to figure it out quickly.  So the boar could see that I was swinging at it and it dodged out of the way.  Wait, what am I thinking?  Of course anyone or anything will move out of the way of something that could hurt them.  They would sense the danger, and get the heck out of there.  Then why was I still here?  Oh right!  Proving one self to the limits that a person can.

I poise myself for another attack as the boar circles around again to charge at me.  I start running towards it, sword at the ready.  Watching slowly as the the field seemed to flow gracefully.  What is this?  I asked myself as the myself and the boar charged forward.

[iD 25531]

Hirru [bD 8][success]

My blade made contact with the boar making it squeal in pain.  So the enemy can feel pain, but I can't?  Is this something that only is happening to me?

Boar [MD 1][Critical Failure]

The boar fell over from the hit and writhed around before getting back up; squealing all the while.

Hirru [HP 4/5]

Boar [HP 2/3]

Doubt was no longer an issue now.  It seems that I can take the distance.  I can do anything that I can put my mind to!  I fell into a battle ready stance as the boar looked at me.  We both took a hit from each other.  Anything can happen from here.

I took a step forward as it pawed at the group again.  Another charge head first into battle.  I will not lose to this beast.  I will defeat it and be one step closer to gaining my memories back!

I rushed forwards as the boar started its charge.

[iD 25536]

Hirru [bD 2][Failure]

I missed my target by quite a bit.  I was too cocky.  The boar's eyes gleamed as it charged straight into me.

Boar [MD 7][success]

The boar plows into me, throwing backwards a good mel.  I stood back up.  This thing was getting the better of me.

Hirru [HP 3/5]

Boar [HP 2/3]

Okay, lets stop waving our sword around all willy-nilly.  What was it that those guys said?  Analyze the enemy, find its pattern, exploit weakness.  I think it was something like that.

Thinking on that level hurt, though.  I mean really hurt!  Something that I could actually feel, other than the glowing parts of my body right now.  I will kill this thing if it's the last thing I do.

In the back of my mind I hear, "hopefully not".  I decided to let the boar come at me first, then I would try to move away before attacking when it was vulnerable.

[iD 25539]

Hirru [bD 4][Failure ]

Boar [MD 9][Crit Success +1]

I don't know what happened.  The boar came in and flew past my defense and scored a good hit against me.  I felt afraid, and I only thought of one thing; Escape.

Hirru [HP 1/5]

Boar [HP 2/3]

I ran away from it as fast as I could.  I think it charged after me, but after a while it seemed not to care.  No, it seemed not to exist.  I looked back and saw that someone flashed through the boar, making it stop for a second before shattering into many pieces.  That person then got a notification for the exp and items gained.  At least, that's what the guys told me.  The person came up to me and started laughing.

"You okay there?"

He asked.  I could tell he was a guy because he wasn't wearing a skirt, though I have seen a few that did... I shook the thought from my head.

"Kinda.  Almost got myself blown to bits there."

"Well we don't want that now, do we?!"

"No, I definitively don't."

"Well, I was watching your fight and that looked like you were wanting death.  Literally just slashing that the thing isn't going to do anything.  Do you even know you Sword Skills?"

I was quite confused by this, and I think he picked up on that when he sighed deeply.  He quickly opened up his window and pulled out a potion.  After a few buttons presses, the request for a trade popped up in front of me.  I accepted and found that he was giving me the potion.

"My only charge is that you kill one boar."

I agreed and the potion materialized in my hand.  A small bottle of red liquid that swirled inside.  I uncorked the bottle and myself hungrily chugging it down.  As I did, my health went back to full gradually.  The guy began to speak.

"Now in the meantime, Sword Skills are this lands main focus of combat.  There are multitudes of different skills for each weapon out there.  Now, seeing as you a 1-handed Straight sword user, you should have the 1H Straight Sword skill selected, correct?"

I look at his with a blank look.  Another great sigh escapes him.  

"Okay, this will be a little easier.  Open up you menu and go to skills."

I did so and looked at my skills.  I had nine slots for skills from what I could see.  I pressed on the first open block.  A small list of skills popped up.  Most of them were for all the weapons: 1H Straight Sword, 1H Curved Sword, 1H Dagger, etc.

"Alright you see the list of skills, now click on the '1H Straight Sword' skill. and click 'Yes' to the next prompt."

I did exactly as he said and selected the 1H Straight Sword skill and a new prompt saying that 2 Skill points were being used for the activation to 1H Straight Sword Rank 1.  Would I like to confirm transaction?  I clicked the yes button, then a new screen popped up saying that I learned 1H Straight Sword.  Underneath that were six other words: Vertical, Horizontal, Slant, Uppercut, Rage Spike and Sonic Leap.

"Alright, so you learned the skill.  Now you have to know how to use each one.  In Aincrad, these skills are assisted by the system giving you extra speed and strength.  However, there is a cool-down to each attack you do, so don't go in straight away.  Wait for the opening and use the skill that would be better suited for it."

The guy took a stance with his sword held horizontal, bending his legs slightly.  At that moment, I noticed that his sword was glowing, then before my eyes could register what happened, he slashed outward in a horizontal slash.  The glow continued for a second before dissipating.  The man stood in the awkward position for a second before righting himself.  That must have been the cooldown afterward.

"Quite impressive!"

"You can do that too now."

He then went into the other five techniques.  Showing me each position to activate the skill.  Afterwards, he pointed at the nearest boar. 

"Defeat that boar with the skills that I just taught you."

I nodded and bent my left leg while positioning my sword on my shoulder.

[iD 25551]

[Hirru 8]

My sword began to glow a bright orange and I suddenly felt my body move without my knowledge.  I was running forward towards the boar, jumped in the air and as I got to it, my blade came downwards onto the beast. <Sword Skill: Sonic Leap>

[boar 2]

The beast, surprised, squealed before wheeling around for a shot, but missed me by a good centimeter.

[Hirru 5/5]

[boar 1/3]

2 SP used

1H Straight Sword Skill Rank 1 learned.

"Good going!  Keep it up!"

The guy yelled out.  I could feel a sense of pride emanating from him.  As if, this was a matter of student and teacher where the very balance of history lay on this moment.  I would not let him down.  Was this my destiny?  Who knows, but there was one thing that I could really look forward to.  Maybe killing this boar with give me some memories back?  There wasn't any guarantee that it would, but maybe, just maybe.

Running forward towards the boar whom was ready to charge, I readied my blade at an angle along my left shoulder. 

[iD 25552]

[Hirru 10][Critical +2]

I ran towards the boar and the sword began to glow.  It pushed along a predestined path cutting through the boar from upper left to bottom right.  <<Sword Skill: Slant>>

The boar squealed its last before freezing in mid-air, then exploded into particles of light.  Hirru sighed a breathe of relief before turning around towards the guy.  Just then, the exp screen came up and showed that I gained a raw hide and 15 Col.  Also that I had just Lvled up.  My health grew a bit, but that seems about it.  

"Hmm.. I guess I am in a game, after all."

"Was there any doubt before?"

The guy called out with a smile on his face.

"Anyway, why don't you pick on something a little harder than that."

[boar lv2 7]

"What do you mean by thaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHh!"

I screamed because at that moment something came up behind me and pushed me into the ground.  I push myself off the ground to find that the thing that hit me was a Lvl 2 Boar.  The guy was snickering while this happened.

"That's not funny!"

[Hirru 5/7]

[boar lv 4/4]

Congratulations!

Gained Level 2

Gained Raw Hide

Gained 15 Col

I stood up from where I was grounded.  Looking at the boar, it didn't look any different from the other ones, but the damage I took is already evident.

"Don't die out there!"

"Thank you for the advice!  I'll keep it in mind."

"Sarcasm is not your virtue!"

I shook my my head as I kept my sights on the boar as it turned around from its last charge at me.  It oinked a few times before sniffing the ground.  I readied my sword parallel to my waist pointed towards the boar.

[iD 25555]

[Hirru 3]

I start forward, but the sword skill doesn't activate.  I stumble forward before falling to the ground.

[boar 9] +1

The boar saw this and charged forwards, plowing into Hirru.  The guy sighed heavily.  He walked towards me and picked me up off the ground like I was nothing.  I could see that this guy was really strong for someone as slim as himself.

[Hirru 2/7]

[boar lv2 4/4]

I found myself near the end of the line.  I was probably one hit away from being another crossed out name in the Black Palace.  I stood before a boar that could more be my last sight in this world.  Soon it came charging at me, I readied my sword.  I wasn't going down so easily.  I won't let this be my grave.  I will not die here.  I rush forward readying my sword in a certain way.

[iD 25558]

[Hirru 6]

My blade came down in another <<Sword Skill: Slant>>.  The boar squealed in pain and reeled around for an attack.

[boar Lv 2 3]

It charged towards me, but I moved out of the way in time.

"Not today!"

"There you go!  Don't lose that now!"

[Hirru 2/7]

[boar lv2 2/4]

This is the last charge!  I will make this the last one.  I twirled the sword around from loosening my grip and rotating my wrist.  Once it was back into the proper position in my palm, I gripped it tight.  The boar turned around one last time.  It didn't waste any time and immediately charged.  I did too, assuming at sword skill stance.

[iD 25560]

[Hirru 1]

But the sword skill never happened.  Again, he fell to the ground and watched in slow-motion as the boar closed in.  He closed his eyes awaiting the bitter taste of death.

[??????? 10]

I heard the squeal before me.  It was literally before me when I heard it, the shattering of particles.  Was that it?  Am I dead?  I could still feel the grass underneath me, so that wasn't it.  I opened my eyes to find the guy that has been helping me since I started.

"Thanks!  I thought I was a goner."

"It's fine now.  Let's get you back to the town before anything else tries to kill you."

"Yeah, thanks."

I followed alongside my sensei as we started walking but then he got a message and he had to leave.  He sent me a friend request and left in a hurry.

"I got to thank him one day."

I said as I began to walk back to town to get some rest.

[Hirru 2/7]

I fell asleep pretty hard that night and woke up early.  I wanted to go back out into the fields and fight the boars until I was content that I could continue on as such.  I quickly equipped my clothes and sword and hurried out the door.  The hotel NPC greeted me as I ran out, turned to say my greetings before plowing through the door.  Maybe that one guy was there today too, I thought.  He was very helpful, and it would help quite a bit more for his teachings.  I also wanted to tell him my gratitude for saving my life.  Though I was slightly disappointed to not remember anything at all.

Some day...

I found myself near one of the more sparse areas of boar spawns.  I found this one by accident several weeks back with the group that kept me safe.  Where were they anyway?  I haven't seen them since I started out on my own.  I thought I would see them when I got back, but that wasn't the case.

Shrugging, I pull out my sword and targeted the first boar that I saw.  It was just a Lvl 1 Boar, but I needed the practice.  It would be better to level up with these before going after bigger game.  I readied a stance with my sword laying on my right shoulder.

[iD 25572]

[Hirru 3]

Nothing happened though.  In fact, I forgot to bend the knees.  Why do I always forget something so important?  Then again, why do I forget?

[boar 1]

The boar didn't notice me, and was still rooting through the grass in the field.

Hirru [7/7]

Boar [3/3]

Having been ignored by the enemy, I felt that this boar deserved nothing more than the blade.  I walked towards the beast and watched as its light turned from dark red to bright red.  It finally noticed me and turned towards its opponent.

"Bring it on porker!"

I positioned my sword as it charged at me.  This time, I would try to dodge away, then attack diagonally.

[iD 25573]

[Hirru 3]

[boar 1]

To my astoundment, the boar misses me entirely.  So much so, that my attack also missed.  I don't know how that happened, but I'm just going to roll with what I got, and continue on.

Hirru [7/7]

Boar [3/3]

This was becoming a merry-go-round of nothing, I thought out loud.  The boar looked at me, as if it agreed.  That, or I'm finally losing it; whatever that means.  The boar pawed at the ground signalling a charge.  I wouldn't give it the chance.

[iD 25577]

[Hirru 7]

[boar 10] +2

My sword glows blue as I spring forward at the boar.  The boar had then started it's charge, and as I jumped in the air to deliver the downward slash of <<Sword Skill: Sonic Leap>>, we both clashed.  Somehow, the porker was holding back my sword skill.  Was this even possible?  My doubt showed as the glow of the blade flickered slightly before going out.  The boar used the rest of that momentum to hurtle me into the ground and trample me.  Though, that didn't mean that the skill didn't leave its mark as a long gash slit across the boars skin.

Hirru [4/7]

Boar [1/3]

I was fairly impressed by this little guy.  We not only have been going around in circles for a good while, but he also stops a Sword Skill.  Something that I thought was unstoppable.  At least, that's what that guy said.  That didn't matter as much to myself though.  Right now, I have a little pig that needs become bacon.

[iD 25578]

[Hirru 2]

[boar 2]

This time we both did nothing.  Staring down each other, as if to say, "You make the first move!"  Though, I don't think boars can think that.  No, that can't be right.  This animal has been going toe to toe with me for a good while now.  We both got solid hits on each other, and knew each others strengths and weaknesses.

This... was the battle fo the century!

Hirru [4/7]

Boar [1/3]

[iD 25579]

I don't know how, but I do know this.  That pig is going down...

[Hirru 2]

[boar 1]

I ran forward trying to get a horizontal strike to work.  The boar also charged at me.  The two of us were... nowhere close to the same trajectory.  Where was it going?  I thought as it ran past me then stopped after a mel.  It looked around for a second clueless as to what happened.  It then started to root around in the grass.

"Did you.. just forget that I was here?  Does an pig even do that?"

Hirru [4/7]

Boar [1/3]

[iD 25580]

[Hirru 9]

[boar 9]

I rushed at it in anger.

"Don't you forget about me!"

It was then that a large pain erupted from my mind.  Something flooded my head, was it..  There was no time to explain as I witnessed the boar circle around quicker than I ever saw it before.  It was a plow to have me attack, but I saw it coming.  It ran into me, goring me with its tusks, but my sword had started to glow and came down upon the beasts head.  <<Sword Skill: Vertical>>

I fell to the ground afterwards staring into the boars eyes one last time.  It oinked once, then shattered.  I don't know pig language, but I think it saw me as a true rival.  If only for a while.  I stood up from there and nodded towards the particles in the heavens/ceiling.

"You too porker.. you too."

I walked back to town wondering why I just acknowledged a boar as an equal.  Though, that boar did earn me another level.  Dunno why.

Congratulations!

Gained Level 3

[iD 25806]

[Hirru 3]

[boar 1]

I found myself back in the same fields as I had been several times before.  These boars didn't seem so bad now.  Though, that one boar..  It showed that this area can be unpredictable.  As such, I needed to be more careful.  Unlocking my own memories was going to take more than just fighting boars.  I highly doubt that fighting anything will help, but its better than wasting away in the Town of Beginnings until someone beats the last floor.  How many were there again?

I drew my sword and looked at one of the boars.  Sword in stance, I stepped forward.. 

...and nothing seemed to happen.  The boar wasn't triggered, and I didn't seem to be activating my sword skills.  Why?  I still don't know.  If this was a made-up world, then I would probably say that it is mocking me.

"Damn you!!"

[iD 25807]

[Hirru 8]

[boar 5]

I decided to have none of this nonsense and run up to it for a normal slash.  Maybe then I can ensure a hit of some kind, instead of waiting for a skill to take over.  Running in, I bring my sword into a small arc at the boar...

It connects making a long orange gash into the boar.  I keep my momentum going and move past so that it can't react.  The boar squeals in pain and bucks around a bit before calming down enough to face me.

"Let's begin!"

[Hirru 9/9]

[boar 3/5]

[iD 25808]

[Hirru 7]

[boar 5]

It felt like this boar was tougher, but not a strong as the last one that I faced.  That one was legendary.  Wait.. Why am I acknowledging that pig again?  I shook my head to get the thought out, just as the boar began its charge.  I focused in just in time to dodge out of the way and give myself an opportunity to attack it directly.  My blade came down on its back, and the boar squealed again.  

I'm beginning to think that I should try more impressive creatures as these boars will probably only give me a little Col and experience.  Both of which I needed the most out here, at least, that's what everyone and that player guide said.  The Beta Testers made that guide for everyone and it has been helpful ever since I got it from the shops.  It gives all the information needed for a beginner and even shows the different towns on the first level.  Maybe I should start venturing towards the next town.  There should be bigger, badder monsters there, right?

"Meh.. I'll decide after I take you out, bud."

[Hirru 9/9]

[boar 1/5]

[iD 25811]

[Hirru 2]

[boar 7]

I ran forward and tried to deliver the final strike, but the boar was much faster this time.  It dodged out of the way without a moments notice and slammed into me as I raced past.  Being thrown to the ground by a boar has been almost ceremonial now.  It was beginning to tick me off as I brought myself off the ground.  This boar was going to taste the steel of a warrior!

The boar snorted a few time, as it drew up some dirt.  Another charge already?

"Give me a break.."

[Hirru 7/9]

[boar 1/5]