General Questions from a Newbie

Hi, hi! Astra here. Looking for some general help.

First off; going through and reading the rules and skills; I have a few questions on each. Firstly it states I start off with 2 skill points. Epic. So I a guessing I can take up to 2 skills, 1 point in each, or 1 skill with 2 points? Am I correct in this observation?

Also, as far as weapons go; in the RP itself what is the least favored weapon or what do you tend to see less? Are there a bunch of the one hand and two handed sword weilders?

As far as skills go; also as the above question states: Which is the least favored or less used of the bunch? These answers will sway what I have in mind for my character, but in the end I have a general idea of what I am creating and what 'build' I am going for.

Thank you so much. I may have more questions down the road.

Skills kinda come in one of two flavours. There are one-time unranked skills like Athletics or Precision that cost six points, or skills with ranks that cost 2 points for every rank like any of the weapon skills or Battle Healing. Basically, you have enough points to reach Rank 1 in any of the ranked skills, since Rank 1 costs 2 skill points.

One Handed Straight Swords, One Handed Curved Swords, Two Handed Straight Swords, Daggers, and Rapiers are what I would say are the most common. I haven't seen anybody use One Handed War Hammers or Two Handed Battle Axes yet.

When it comes to least favoured skills, uh... I guess maybe the Sneak and Hide skill isn't used terribly often? At least when it's compared to the other skills. That's the only one that comes to mind.

Well I would assume a heavily armed 2 handed axe wielder would be pretty awkward to be sneaking and hiding. As far as Floor Bosses go...What would you guys like to see more of? I am sure there is a dozen or so assault type players out there already.

Any viable Tanks or Support Types? I was thinking of doing a Rogue; dagger, and picking up the sneak and hide skill for some fun RP experience. That would kinda key in with my eclectic Astra character. I can make him a Tank too I suppose, but that would be weird and awkward to me after playing in a more...well, different view. BUT I am not limiting myself. So I guess I'll need some more info before I decide heavily on anything. More input on the types of characters needed or the types you'd like to see would be greatly appreciated it.

Honestly man, I'd like to see more of people just playin' whatever they feel like playin'. Having a hundred tanks doesn't bother me any if they all enjoy that kind of roleplay. If you were to ask me, I'd say it's more important to make them stand out with their personality as a character instead of conforming to build influenced stereotypes. We've got plenty of characters on every end of the spectrum too, so I think you'd have an easier time just making a character and build that interests you over trying to come up with something useful to the site as a whole, 'cause pretty much any build is useful.

Honestly man, I'd like to see more of people just playin' whatever they feel like playin'. Having a hundred tanks doesn't bother me any if they all enjoy that kind of roleplay. If you were to ask me, I'd say it's more important to make them stand out with their personality as a character instead of conforming to build influenced stereotypes. We've got plenty of characters on every end of the spectrum too, so I think you'd have an easier time just making a character and build that interests you over trying to come up with something useful to the site as a whole, 'cause pretty much any build is useful.

You. I like you. :D Will do just that, thanks a bunch.