[SP - FL1] We Must Save Her Family! <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> [Complete]

[ID 26714]

[Hirru = 2] Miss

[Flower Nepent ( 2-1 )= 1] Miss

[Dire Wolf Pup (CD) = 6] Hit

My next attack would have hit, if I wasn't distracted by the Nepent that started coming after me.  A large red flash grew from behind it, and its health flashed.  It immediately turned attention to the pup again, as if it did the damage.

I stepped back a bit to access what to do next.  This entire situation was out of control.  Too many Nepent, and an over-powered pup.  What next?  I'm going to grow my arm back out of thin air?  What a laugh!

[Hirru 11/19]

[Fruit Nepent 0/10]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 2/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Flower Nepent 3/9] 

[Dire Wolf Pup ??/??]

Edited by Hirru
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ID 26715]

[Hirru = 2] Miss

[Flower Nepent ( 5-1 )= 4] Miss

[Dire Wolf Pup (CD) = 4] Miss

After a while of fighting, I began to tire easily.  Maybe it was from the long day, or from the pressure of multiple enemies, or the pup doing half a health bars full of damage.  Either way, it was not something that made everything miss their targets.  A weird battle, this was.

[Hirru 11/19]

[Fruit Nepent 0/10]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 2/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Flower Nepent 3/9] 

[Dire Wolf Pup ??/??]

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26716]

[Hirru = 2] Miss

[Flower Nepent ( 7-1 )= 6] Hit

[Dire Wolf Pup (CD) = 11] Crit +1

The wolf pup howled out loud which somehow killed off the nepent it was fighting.  It was fairly loud, but its attack range must have been proximity, because it did not harm myself or the other two nepents.  As I was distracted, the flowered one cut me across my chest.  I leaped back from my earlier position to catch my breath.

From the way things were looking, I needed to kill off the flowered one before the pup gets to it, if I wanted to finish this mission.

[Hirru 10/19]

[Fruit Nepent 0/10]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Flower Nepent 3/9] 

[Dire Wolf Pup ??/??]

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26717] Did me and this pup just super-slam these two Nepents?

[Hirru = 10] Crit + 2 

[Flower Nepent ( 9-1 )= 8] Crit + 1

[Dire Wolf Pup (CD) = 12] Crit + 2

As I lunged forward, I could see the pup doing the same.  Both of my weapon and the air around it were glowing.  Our attacked hit their marks perfectly.  It was as if we were in sync.

The two nepents screeched one last time, and vanished into a cloud of light particles.  The pup, once growling, just sat down and scratched itself.  I don't know if it was a threat or not, but it did help me.

"Thank you, little one.  I'll be on my leave now."

I said as a prompt told me of the one nepent that I killed.  Shame that I couldn't kill them all and get the experience.  Though, apparently I did get enough to get to the next level.  Level 9 and the quest item <<Nepent Ovume>>.

"Finally, we can save her family!"

[Hirru 21/21]

[Dire Wolf Pup (Adorable/Alive]

Congratulations

Level 9

Quest Item Get

<<Nepent Ovume>>

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26718]

[LD = 9] No Treasure

I had to sit down for a second before realizing that the pup was looking at me.

"Sorry, I don't have anything to eat unless you like week old bread."

I barked back in response before starting to sniff the ground around the area.  It then stopped before sniffing the air.  Its ears drooped before walking back into the forest.

"Hmm that was weird, was it looking for something?  Oh well, nothing is ever easily gained."

Speaking of which, I had to get back to the family.  I finally had the key ingredient and could get this thing over with.  I walked back to the village to collect my due.

I opened the door to find the mother sitting by the fire.  She immediately stood up and walked towards me.

"Did you get the ovume?"

"Yes, I did."

I said as I opened my inventory to pull out what looked like a small ovular object.  I placed it in the awaiting hands of the woman and she immediately walked over to the pot.  Smoke spurted from the contents, and after a few minutes of stirring was done.  The mother filled a cup with the golden mixture, and walked to the door where another session of coughing came from.  As she opened the door, I could see the child in bed as the mother fed them the medicine.

As I watched, I felt like this was very familiar.  It felt like a sense of nostalgia, as if I had lived this before.  Was this a glimpse into my childhood?  I could see what seemed like my own mother from her.  The concern and care for her sickened young child as they lay helpless in bed.  Her soothing voice calming my every nerve.

"Mom... I"

"Excuse me?"

I was pulled back into reality when the mother had finally finished.  The child was no longer coughing and the golden question mark was back over her head.  She bowed slightly before looking me in the eyes with a smile.

"Thank you, adventurer!  Without you, my child would have succumbed to the illness.  It is not much, but ever since my father passed i had no need for this.  Please, take this blade with you on your adventures.  May it serve you well."

She held up a fine looking sword seemed much better than my current sword.  A prompt immediately came up that had information about the completed quest.  The sword immediately disappeared from her hands and into my inventory.  I smiled as I waved goodbye.

"I had just save a family"

Quest Complete!

+ 1SP

Weapon Get!

Anneal Blade [DMG +1]

Summary

+845 Col (800 + 45 from mob)

+ 1 Material (From Mob)

+1 SP (Total 2 gained)

END

Edited by Hirru