F4: The Wanderer's Forge - Blacksmith (Special Order Only, Tell me what you want made.)

Kalesh hummed in thought while considering the offer, crossing his arms in front of himself before saying "So basically I am being given the option to gamble for equipment? I like that. Oh, but on the subject of trading, what could I get for trading in my helmet as well as the breastplate? For example, another attempt at an item?" He grinned and brought out the first material which he set onto the counter. "Let's keep in mind I want armor first and foremost, you don't need to worry about swords." He looked to Mack curiously while offering him the material, assuming to himself that he understood what was being suggested.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"I've not used any of my daily allowance of crafts," Mack said, eyeing the crafting materials that Kalesh had produced. "If you want to gamble, and if you've got five mats, I'll use them all of them trying to get you armor. You may have first choice of the results, but the others are mine and I'll not reimburse you for lost mats due to failed crafts," Mack continued in a low rumble. He didn't mind doing the work, but he wanted to make quite sure that Kalesh understood the terms of the agreement. "If nothing to your liking is produced, you keep your current armor but the shop still keeps the items. Deal?"

He considered the offer but the first immediate problem was that he didn't have that many spare materials at his disposal, the rest being used to create himself a sword that would be able to carry him through the game for a good while. "I only have two materials to gamble I'm afraid. If the offer's a no-go I understand, but that's all I can really offer you at the moment." He shrugged his shoulders, worrying he had wasted Mack's time and maybe his own.

"You can gamble with the two you have, but you have to understand there is no guarantee of success. You may be a big winner, you may get nothing. If you had five, you'd have better odds of one of them being a really nice item," the Smith said in a low rumbling tone with a shrug of his broad shoulders. "But, if two is all you have you can gamble them. I get Smithing Experience Points either way. It could be you'll get two perfect items, I've done it once before, but the odds aren't great. You could also wind up with two junk items. You need to understand the risks, if you're fine with it, I'll get to work."

Kalesh nodded, his face lighting up again and he happily said "It wouldn't be a gamble without risks!" He was grinning as he took out the second material and set it down beside the first, looking to him curiously while waiting for the materials to be accepted and perhaps crafted into something, or perhaps not. "If they come out bad or good, hold onto them. I'll be fine otherwise." 

-2 Materials

OOC: Kalesh, here are the rolls. PM me with the type and enhancement you want, I'll do the leg work and get it submitted. Once mods approve it, the item is yours.

ID: 28699
CD: 10 (Uncommon Item)
XP: 3

ID: 28700
CD: 1 (Epic Fail)
XP: 1

TOTAL XP: +4
Crafts Remaining (23 August): 3

Nodding as the deal was struck between himself and Kalesh, Mack took the two offered crafting materials from Kalesh and pitched them both into the glowing maw of the forge. A few moments later the blonde man extracted the first of the items from the forge and began hammering it. Slowly, it resolved itself into a simple, but effective, steel breastplate that was considerably better than the battered old thing Kalesh was currently using. Unfortunately, the second crafting attempt failed completely, but sometimes those things happened.

Edited by Mack

I strolled into the now familiar forge owned by the biggest blacksmith in town, Mack.  Seeing that hulking figure casually walking around the city was no longer a surprise.  I looked around the tent, this time prepared for the tiny boulder-of-a-cub to come at me.  Before that happened, though, I called out to the owner, "Hey Mack, I'm back!"

Lindow was rounding the corner when he heard some noise coming from within the forger's tent. Mack was well known for his weapons, a lot of player's have been coming to him lately and thanks to Beor showing him the superb craftsmanship of his blades Lindow figured it was time to get some armor that would be better than what he had in place. Poking his head inside, there was already a lively bunch of players inside. It was a massive tent with display cases left and right showing off all the smith had made in his time here. 

Lindow walked quickly into the forger's tent, the round mass of what appeared to be his familiar was bouncing left and right excited by all the players coming in and out. He was like a rabunctious puppy, do doubt the smell of fish was all over the Two Handed Swordsman as he walked in, that meant food...fish was food right? Of course it was. The large bear of a familiar came towards him, "Wooa...steady...boy? Hey..! Back!...Back! Sit!" it finally sat but had hungry eyes...was it going to eat him...He slowly moved towards the main counter, Mack was helping the others and Lindow didn't wanna disturb him much. He was just passing by to give him the mats for the deal they had struck prior. On the counter, Lindow dropped down Six Mats. He didn't say any other words and just nodded to his Guild Leader and resumed on his way...forking over a fish he had in his inventory for the mass of fur and muscle. 

--

-6 Mats

It didn't take long for his armor to be made, having been waiting there since Mack start hammering his materials. Satisfied with the breastplate that had been crafted he happily accepts the item when it was brought over. "Hm... I like it. Thank you very much!" His gamble paid off and so he happily removed his Worn Iron Breastplate and equipped the new armor while the other players entered. Realizing he was being bombarded with business he happily bowed his head in thanks and strolled off with his new item contently! He did give Vasth a wave though, having encountered the player once before.

+Steel Hide(+1 Mitigation)

Crafting Attempts (24 August):

ID: 28774
CD: 8 (Good Item) - Chainmail Shirt
XP: 2

ID: 28775
CD: 2 (Fail)

ID: 28776
CD: 12 (Perfect Item) - Leggings of the Lightning Dragon
XP: 8

ID: 28777
CD: 6 (Good Item) - Chainmail Shirt

ID: 28778
CD: 12 (Perfect Item) - Emerald Carapace (In Approval)

Total XP: 21 (LEVEL UP)

ID: 28775
CD: 5 (Good Item) - Round Iron Shield

Edited by Mack

Crafting Attempts (25 August)

ID: 28820
CD: 6 (Good Item) - Chainmail Shirt

ID: 28821
CD: 5 (Good Item) - Round Iron Shield

ID: 28822
CD: 5 (Good Item) - Scutum

ID: 28823
CD: 2 - Fail

ID: 28824
CD: 2 - Fail

ID: 28825
CD: 9 - Uncommon Item - Legion Hauberk (In Approval)
XP: 3

TOTAL XP: 11

Edited by Mack

A familiar voice caused Chewie's ears to perk up as he lay sprawled out on his straw mat by the forge, gnawing on his leather chew toy. With a happy growl, the grizzly cub came rambling around the edge of the forge to accost Grave for some delicious hand outs. "What can I do for you, Grave," Mack asked, as Chewie went brazenly barreling up to the newcomer in search of something to eat. Before Grave could respond, though, Lindow also entered the shop, he didn't say a word he simply deposited six crafting materials on the table and tossed a fish to Chewie, which was gone in seconds. The bear might have gnawed on his bread, but fish was serious business.

"Valhalla's Herald is ready for you to pick up as soon as you round up the other two mats," the blacksmith rumbled at the retreating form of his fellow guildmate in the Crimson Blades. "I'm holding on to it, it won't be sold to anyone else."

"Col will be fine, Vasth," Mack said by way of answering the other man's question. While it was true that the blacksmith preferred to be paid for his work in crafting materials, rather than in col, he'd settle for the col if there was nothing else available. "Check back in a few days and I should have it made, assuming I don't run out of crafting materials first. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

I was expecting to have to chuck Chewie some bread, but I was saved the task by Lindow.  I smiled at my Guildmate as he chucked a fish to the burly animal, and the fish looked like it never even existed.

"I'm a chef now, so I can try and make some special Bear food for Chewie... If I get better at cooking that is." I said, scratching the back of my head.  I strolled towards the blacksmith and replied to him, "Believe it or not, I've recently picked up on <<Martial Arts>>, so I was wondering if I could get a set of gauntlets with extra unarmed damage and paralysis, if you can manage it." I explained to the resident smith, waiting for his reaction.

Crafting Attempts (26 August)

ID: 28938
CD: 12 (Perfect Item) - SMITHING HAMMER

ID: 28939
CD: 10 (9+1 Hammer) - [Rare Item] - 1 Handed Straight Sword [Entling] (+1 Acc., +1 Dam) - Commission: Carambit
XP: 5

ID: 28940
CD: 10 (9+1 Hammer) - [Rare Item] - Gauntlets [Warvan's Sons] (+1 Dam., Paralyze) - Commission: Grave

ID: 28941
CD: 10 (9+1 Hammer) - [Rare Item] - Shield [Griffin Hide] (+2 Mitigation) - Donated to Crimson Blades

ID: 28942
CD: 4 (3+1 Hammer) - [Bad Item] - Ceremonial Axe
LD: 1 (No Salvage)

ID: 28493
CD: 4 (Not using Hammer) - [Bad Item]
LD: 19 (SALVAGE MAT) - No Item

TOTAL XP: 25

With a pair of unfilled commissions sitting on his plate to get crafted, Mack was antsy to get things done. Already he had established something of a reputation as one of the best smiths in all of Aincrad and, recently, he'd been considering moving the forge from the first floor up to the fourth. He preferred the cold, for starters, and he suspected that Chewie would prefer the cold as well. Plus, the new location would put him closer to the front lines and, if he set up in Snowfrost Town it would still be possible for the low level players to get to him through portal plazas with absolutely no risk to themselves. With those thoughts going through his head, he was slightly distracted, which may have ironically led to the best day of crafting that the blonde man had yet had as he produced a set of smithing hammers to further raise the quality of his craft in addition to a trio of rare items, a sword that would fulfill a long empty commission for Carambit, a pair of reinforced gauntlets for his guildmate Grave, and a shield that would be donated to the Guild storage.

Edited by Mack

Lindow was about fifteen feet away from the tent when he received a message from Mack to swing back and pick up his gear. The Guild Leader offered a guild discount for his suit of armor and Lindow was eternally grateful for that. The Two Handed Swordsman wandered back to the forger's tent and found Mack need the counter with the glistening set of armor on the display table...

"I take it this...is mine?" Lindow examined the armor piece by piece and found it to be the exceptional piece of work that he had thought it to be, "I'll still pay you back for this Mack. Discount or not. I owe you, this armor will save my butt out there." Lindow quickly swiped over his menu, the buttons popping up and the inventory exposed the new item he just accepted and equipped it on in a heart beat. Moments later his avatar flashed and he was dawned in Valhalla's Armor. There was no doubt, it fit him well and was beyond comfortable to move in. As he moved the metal plates moved with him, a slight noise of metal on metal but nothing disturbingly loud. He could not thank Mack enough for this piece of equipment, someday he would repay the man; his Guild Leader. 

"Thank you."

Before Mack could respond to Grave, Lindow had returned to the shop. "Valhalla's Herald," the blacksmith said, in an almost dismissive tone, as he gestured to the armor that he had completed several days back for Lindow. "You're in the Guild, take the discount. If you feel compelled to pay it off though donate the mats to Guild Storage and I'll see about having Vasth, one of our new recruits, turn them into something useful for the Guild. As for you, Grave," the burly blonde man continued, rooting around under one of his display tables for a moment before producing a pair of steel plated leather gauntlets known as the Sons of Warvan, which he tossed to Grave. "I wouldn't say the words bear and food in the same sentence if I were you," Mack said in a casual tone as Chewie came barreling out and nearly into and over Grave at the mention of the two most important words in the English language, as far as the grizzly cub was concerned. "Will those work?"