F4: The Wanderer's Forge - Blacksmith (Special Order Only, Tell me what you want made.)

Nikki nodded her head to Mack's question. "Yes, I will use Red as a medium at times if I need to. She enjoys the responsibility." Nikki said happily as she readjusted her cloak. "I also understand your in the boss fight with me. Let's make sure we come back with lots of stories." She said while offering her right hand for him to shake. She hoped everyone would survive the fight, but secretly held special priority on those who would be more important as the years went on. Nikki would make a note to keep an eye on the Burly man while the fight raged on. Without another word she slipped out of the shop so as to avoid any other people who may or may not arrive for items of their own.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Where's the blacksmith?!" Seul had a knack for disrupting the otherwise peaceful atmosphere of the places he entered. The Wander's Forge had been no different. Word throughout Aincrad was that it was the place to go if one wanted to acquire quality gear, something he was in desperate need of. The addition of his Wanderer's Coat had been a worthy touch to make him finally look like a somewhat competent player. But after his run in with the ostrich on the first floor it was clear that his cheap, basic dagger was long over due for an upgrade. He glanced around the tent, letting his mind wander to thoughts of what the owner might have been like and astonishment at how he was even able to find the place given how easy it was for him to get lost.

Teion entered The Wanderer's Forge, reminiscing a moment when she came through the tent. She smiled lightly, approaching the counter in search of the large blacksmith. Since their last encounter in her profession quest, Mack had mentioned trading in her axe for another he'd crafted. She was holding Midnight Eclipse loosely in her hands, almost sad at the thought of parting ways with it. The weapon had served her well, but as a new recruit of the Crimson Blades, she had to admit she would need to start getting better gear to prove herself useful.

The snow crunched under Mythic's boots satisfactorily. Players talked of this tent as if it were a legend, which caught the attention of the young man. He desperately needed to replace the starting equipment that he almost died in and the four hundred Col in his pocket was starting to burn a hole. Understandably, that money was not going to get him far, but it would get him something better than this basic scimitar.  

Upon entering the canvas tent, Mythic was immediately assaulted by the warmth of the forge. It was pleasant coming from the cold. Mythic brushed his hand on the blade of a sword as he browsed the various tables. It suddenly dawned on him that he wouldn't be able to afford anything better than what he had. It was quite disheartening, but he continued to browse anyways, making a mental note of the items that interested him most.

Wandering back into Snowfrost Town Teayre sees a plume of smoke drifting up from a large tent. Making her way inside she looks up recognising the person working the forge. Quietly watching the burly man work Teayre smiles before slowly making her way around the shop browsing the wares before letting out a small sigh. “Say Mack, you don’t have any katanas around do you? I’m looking for something that’ll maximise my damage at the moment. Ideally with a red tsuba and pommel. Here I’ll draw you a small sketch.” Taking a piece of paper and a small stick of charcoal out of her inventory Teayre begins to gently sketch out the a general katana shape with a more square like tsuba and the pommel tapering into a point. Along the hilt there is the kanji for pain and suffering. “Here you go, I’ve detailed the enhancement for you as well.”

Item: Itami no Kurushimi
Item Type: Weapon
Quality: Perfect
Enhancement:  + 3 DMG
Description: A katana with a square red tsuba and a red pommel that tapers into a point. The blade itself is black with a red line running down the centre.

Like many other players, it was hard not to have heard of the blacksmith who seemed to be making a name for his craft, and that was the man named Mack. She made her way through the cold frontier of the fourth floor to a small tent on the outskirts of the city, and was delighted at the prospect of actually finally getting armor, and perhaps an improved weapon. She liked the fact that it was also on the same floor as Endilix's bar, as that made for easy access.

She pushed her way into the tent and the entire atmosphere changed from furiously cold to fairly warm as the heat radiated from the forge. She looked around, and the tent seemed to be bustling with various customers buying this and checking out that. The shop was certainly as popular as was described. She made her way past the people to the shopkeep himself that she had recognized from meeting him when Emerath and him had talked briefly about a guild alliance. Instinctively, she tried to make sure that none of the customers in the shop were behind her as she made her way, and she even leaned sideways on the counter as she looked at Mack. "Hello Mack. I'm looking for a nice set of armor and maybe a weapon. Do you think you could help me out?" Idly, she glanced around after asking to see what all the other customers were doing in the store.

OOC: Sorry again for the delays... first response is for Shirosu.

"Yes, I've got the dagger right here," Mack rumbled, stooping for a moment to pull a handsome looking weapon from beneath one of the display tables where he kept the commissioned items. "This is Teutonic Dawn," the ginger blacksmith continued, holding out the dagger for Shirosu to inspect. Once the weapon passed muster Mack accepted Shirosu's trade for the weapon, making a note to add all of the traded items to the Guild Bank for the Crimson Blades. "This trade works for me, I'll get the items added to the Guild Bank and Armory. Let me know if there's anything else I can get for you."

OOC: For Persephone

"There's no need to name a child after me," Mack rumbled as Persephone checked herself out in the armor and gushed over it. The massive red-headed man did enjoy it when people were pleased with their purchases from his shop, if for no other reason than it meant that they were likely to refer future customers and increase business in the future for him. As Persephone exited from the shop Chewie hardly even looked up from the loaf of bread that he was plowing his way through. How the bear could eat like it did without ever getting any larger was a great mystery to Mack.

OOC: For Seul

At the sound of the disruption to his otherwise peaceful afternoon of gnawing on his scrap leather chew toy, Chewie jumped. Abandoning the toy, the tiny grizzly came bounding around the edge of the forge and leaped up onto one of the display tables. Setting his feet, the beast squared his shoulders and then bellowed a war cry at the intruder. Usually intruders were good for food gifts, but this one had disrupted Chewie's calm and, clearly, needed to be put into his place. A few moments later, Mack appeared. With one massive hand the blacksmith scruffed the bear and lifted him from the table to place him back on the ground. "What can I do for you, Seul?"

The boy couldn't help but cringe at the bear's actions and defensively placed his hands up as if trying to convey he meant no harm. Mack entering the scene eased the otherwise tense atmosphere though and he wasted no time getting on to his main point. "Oh, hey Mack. I was wondering if you could forge a shield for me? I kind of need one for the build I want." He paused for a moment to reveal a balled up slip of paper from his pocket. On it was a crudely drawn picture of the shield along with the enhancements he wanted written in below it. "How much would it cost for this?"

Name: Misery's End
Quality: Rare
Item Type: Shield
Enhancements: +1 Mitigation | +1 Regen
Description: You can add one if you want-

Edited by Seul

Rebekah had arrived onto the floor, after receiving a message from Mack from her item. She did not know exactly the cost of the item, but was grateful that she got this done under a short amount of time. She waited for the shop keeper to give him the col, in his hands, before leaving this floor on the 4th floor. It was nice not having to go far to get things, as her shop in which she will need it is also on the 4th floor.

Edited by Rebekah

Zandra exited her shop on floor four to go visit another ones. Mack the blacksmith. She had her he made weapons and such on order and she needed a pair of shields. One for her material hunts and one for, if she was accepted, to the boss fight. When she entered the shop she saw a big man, she guessed it was Mack.''Hello there, my name is Zandra, a pleassure to meet you.''she smiled and bowed to the man.''Ive herd you can make shields. Is there an way I could order a pair from you?''

Calrex gave a small sigh before he entered into the Wanderer's Forge, putting his hands into his jacket pockets, "First Oikawa's Grand Forge closes, next Meokka's Crescent Hare Forge. Well, at least this shouldn't be too costly."

Looking over he saw Mack was in as he gave a wave, "Hey Mack, hope business has been well. I've got a an item I'd like to get commissioned, but feel free to take your time on it. I'm in no rush to get this done, as it's mainly for practice. How much would it be for the commission?"

Item: Grand Gauntlets: Buster
Item Type: Gauntlets
Quality: Perfect
Enhancement: +3 Unarmed DMG
Description: A pair of gauntlets based on the original Grand Gauntlets forged by Oikawa - The Faint. The outer side of the gauntlets extend past the forearm to prevent hyperextension and gives the appearance of jets. They appear to have been designed and color to match with either the Grand Chariot, Grand Dragoon, or Grand Chariot Legacy armors. When a critical attack occurs the aura appears to release from the jets like an afterburner.

Edited by Calrex
  • 2 months later...

Those who have items back ordered from me, I need to be reminded and told of any stat changes you wish made. Please remind me who I owe what. I am crafting Tier 2 armor and weapons. As a reminder, I do have Blacksmith tools that grant +1 CD and +1 Exp.

CRAFTING ATTEMPTS (14 Jan. 2016) - KNEEL BEFORE THE MASTER SMITH!

ID: 45502
Roll: 13
Item: Tier 2 Two-Handed Battle Axe

ID: 45503
Roll: 13
Item: Tier 2 Heavy Suit of Armor

ID: 45504
Roll: 4 (Bad Item)

ID: 45505
Roll: 13 (Jomei)

ID: 45506
Roll: 12 (Mack)

ID: 45507
Roll: 7 (Good Item)

ID: 45508
Roll: 11 (Rare Item - To Shop)

ID: 45509
Roll: 13 (Dameon)

TOTAL XP: 56

Edited by Mack

Jomei had heard rumors of a certain player he knew coming back to the land of the living. Normally, Jomei would just think that they just happened to not see them around, but with Mack it was usually hard to do that. The large man with a bolstering voice was hard to miss, but Jomei completely respected that about him. Knowing he needed to boost the strength a bit of his new sword, he decided to see if the rumors were true and pay the man a visit at his shop. Seeing that the lights were shining inside of the snow topped shop caused him to grin and hasten his pace to get inside. He pushed the door open to see that, in fact, Mack was back. "I heard you started showing your face again.. figured I'd come to see it for myself." He reached out his hand as he stepped forward to initiate a handshake. "I'm sure you're busy, and we can save the small talk for another time.. If you don't mind I'd like to put in an order for a new sword.I'll be paying in col.. upgrading all of my other equipment ran my material supply dry." Jomei opened up his inventory and paid the man the sufficient amount of Col for the weapon. 

-3000 col

Name: Saint Andrew's Bane
Profession: Blacksmith
Shop: The Wanderer's Forge
ID:
Roll:
Tier: 2
Enhancements: +3 Dmg
Description: 

A46-BK2602_700.jpg

• 1 month later...

Rolls for 11 March:

ID: 50996
Roll: 6 (5+1)
Item: Good Quality Armor
XP: 3 (2+1)

ID: 50997
Roll: 8 (7+1)
Item: Uncommon Quality Dagger
XP: 4 (3+1)

ID: 50998
Roll: 9 (8+1)
Item: Uncommon Quality One-Handed Axe

ID: 50999
Roll: 7 (6+1)

ID: 51000
Roll: 12 (11+1)
Item: Freya's Blessing (Snow - In Approval)
XP: 9 (8+1)

ID: 51001
Roll: 9
Item: Uncommon Quality One-Handed Curved Sword

ID: 51002
Roll: 5 (4+1)

ID: 51003
Roll: 10 (9+1)
Item: Rare Quality Whip
XP: 6 (5+1)

TOTAL XP: 36

Edited by Mack

Snow had recently become acquainted with Mack and the others from the Knights of the Blood Oath. During their limited exchange, Mack mentioned the idea of having Snow join the Crimson Blades. While she wasn't ready, and Snow became largely uncomfortable with the idea, further conversations began to warm on her. Wearing the hand me down clothes of Hikoru, Snow and Mack came to an agreement for new attire - something that Snow would eventually grow into when the time was right.

Ding-ding!

"Hello?" Snow peeped, inching herself into the heat of the forge.

She approached the counter, looking for Mack. The man was hard to miss, but she heard the clang of a hammer and the scratch and scramble of an adorable bear cup. Which this time, Snow was prepared for. 

"I received a PM that my item was ready?" she called out, trying to watch the leader of the Blades in action.

Chewie came scrabbling around the corner of the forge at the sound of someone entering the tent. Someone who had decidedly not fed him in their first meeting. Tearing around the corner he slammed into Snow's legs with enough force to knock himself on his rear. Thumping down on his haunches, Chewie looked up at Snow and then promptly opened up his mouth and pointed one clawed toe down his throat. "Armor's on one of the display tables, find the set that looks Norse," Mack called, continuing to bang and clang away at the forge with his hammer.

Rolls for 15 March:

ID: 51487
Roll: 3 (2+1)
LD: 2 (No Salvage)
Item: Bad Quality Item
XP: 2 (1+1)

ID: 51488
Roll: 8 (7+1)
Item: Uncommon Quality Shield

ID: 51489
Roll: 5 (4+1)