F4: The Wanderer's Forge - Blacksmith (Special Order Only, Tell me what you want made.)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Takao's memory of the shop's exact location was fuzzy, he only vaguely recalled it being on the edge of the City of Beginning's market district. That was precisely why when he did finally notice the familiar setup, a large smile grew on his face, and he hurried to approach it. "Hey Mack!" He greeted with his usual chipper tone, accompanied by the large friendly smile. The red reptilian familiar that sat upon his shoulders was already on the lookout for the large smith's own familiar, who had happened to express some kind of interest in chowing down on the bipedal creature. "I'm looking for a weapon that inflicts bleed damage. D'you happen to have something like that laying around?"

Mack looked up from what he was doing as the leather flap that led into the tent that formed his shop was pulled open and Takao entered. Chewie also perked up and came growling out to meet the owner of the voice. The owner of that voice carried a delicious chicken lizard thing on his shoulder, a chicken lizard thing that Chewie wanted to eat. How was the grizzly cub to know if the lizard tasted like chicken, unless he tested it? "Takao did not come to feed you," Mack rumbled at the bear and it turned around dutifully and retreated back to its bed by the forge while Mack considered the question.

"Well, I do have Midnight Eclipse, but I doubt you're after a two handed axe," Mack replied, considering the various weapons in his shop for a moment. "I do have one sword though, that might be to your liking. Vampiric Strike here has a plus two bleed modifier on it," he continued, moving around behind the two tables laden with weapons and armor and snatching up the sword and its simple leather scabbard to pass to Takao. "Give it a try."

The familiar sitting upon Takao's shoulders met the grizzly bear cub with similar hostility, a low growl coming from its throat as its forked tongue slipped between clenched shark-like teeth. The brunet wordlessly denounced the behaviour as his gloved hand pushed the monster's face until it backed down, instead resolved to settling onto Takao's shoulders. His attention returned to Mack as he offered the two handed axe, to which Takao rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah... I don't think I could do anything with that one."

His eyes settled onto the sword contained by the leather scabbard that was passed to him. He extended his hands and took it carefully, then firmly grasped the handle and pulled the blade free of the scabbard. He tested the weight and balance with a quick spin of his wrist, then examined the blade. "It's a bit flashier than I'm used to, but I'd like it either way. Does it only have the plus two bleed modifier on it?"

Carambit froze in terror as he beheld the beast running past everyone, making it's way to him. He thought about drawing his weapon. He wasn't prepared for a fight with a bear. As he got a better look at it however, he noticed it was smaller than he had thought. It was more bounding than it was charging, and it came to a stop just by his feet, pawing at him like an adorable puppy dog. He found it challenging to resist his compulsion to pick it up and give it a big hug.

The large, tough, blond man approached him and asked what Carambit was after. "Oh hi, er... Carambit." He offered a hand to shake, slightly worried that it would be crushed by the iron grip of the man before him. "I'm looking for a weapon that could replace my current one," he said, removing his sword and sheath from his back "preferably one with a higher accuracy rating, but still a straight one hander if you have any available, as I can't seem to hit anything with this."

"Only has the bleed modifier on it," Mack said in reply to Takao's question. "The forge has been a bit picky the last few days about producing perfect items, not sure why. Probably just the random number gods messing with me," the smith continued with in a low rumbling tone. "If you're interested in the blade, we can discuss price. I don't really have any fixed amount in mind, just some general price guidelines, if you know what I mean. Why would you want to get rid of your current sword though? It looks to be a higher quality that this one."

Takao glanced down at the blade and examined it as Mack spoke, his head nodding along to show he was still listening. "Hmh... Alright." He said as he looked back up to his man that towered over him. His eyebrows raised when his current blade was mentioned, and he cast an idle glance over his shoulder at the only part of the sword he could actually see - the handle. "Oh, I'm not getting rid of it. I just need something better suited for PvP. There's rumours about a new method of player-killing going around on the higher floors." Takao shrugged as he opened his inventory and idly shuffled through the contents.

"About the modifier, though... I found this-" He paused for a moment to materialize the item in question, which seemed to be an ingot of some sort, and set it down on the table. "It's a rare drop that can enhance equipment. D'you think you could use it on the sword to give it an extra damage property as well?"

Mack considered Carambit's offered hand for a moment before reaching out one of his own massive mitts to take the offered hand and shake it. As Mack made the acquaintance of Carambit he considered the question that had been posed by the other warrior before moving to inspect the inventory of his shop. "No, I don't have anything like that in the shop right now. If you want it made as a commissioned weapon, that can probably be arranged, but if you want a perfect weapon I can't really give you a time table, the forge has been a bit on the slow side lately. Just give me the details and I'll see what I can do for you and message you when it's ready."

Carambit decided this was pretty fair. After all, he can't very well expect things to be pre-made just for him. "Sounds good to me! If you could make an enhanced one handed straight sword that will be a bit more accurate with it's swing, then I can gather materials for you, or pay you in Col. Which would you prefer I do? Anything uncommon or better would be great, I'm not too fussy on the quality. So long as it gets the job done, its a good enough weapon for me." He said with a smile.

Carambit left his personal details with Mack, so that he may get back to him when he completes the order. "Just out of curiosity, what would you charge for a rare quality blade that has what I'm after attached to it? What materials would you require to make such a weapon?"

Edited by Carambit

"What's this new method of player killing," Mack asked in a low tone, leaning forward on one of his display tables so he could speak more conspiratorially with Takao. This was information that the burly blacksmith needed in order to avoid selling weapons and armor to the wrong sort of people as well as in order to make sure that he kept himself safe as he moved higher and higher up the tower of Aincrad. While he waited for Takao to respond to the question he picked up the small ingot that the brown-haired warrior had placed on the table and examined it critically.

"It should work," he said after a moment's thought, passing the item back to Takao. "As near as I can tell, it can be used on any sort of item. You might even be able to feed it to your familiar to give the animal increased powers," the smith continued, shrugging his massive shoulders. "But, you'll need to buy the sword before you try that ingot on it. Now, about that method of player killing..."

"An uncommon quality weapon will cost you two materials, a rare five, and a perfect eight. Any type of materials suitable for smithing will be fine, Animal hides, ore, lumber, it doesn't really matter. I prefer crafting materials, but I'll accept col," Mack replied in a low rumble when Carambit asked his question. "A one handed straight sword should be easy enough to manage. Will you also be wanting a shield and armor with that order? Also, are you only wanting accuracy enhancements? What about damage boosters, bleed, and paralyze?"

Carambit hadn't even considered status effects. "Hm... At this stage I think I'll be good with accuracy, but if you could add a damage boost that would be fantastic too. If I can pay with materials I'd love to do that, I'll just need to go gather some. 5, you said? How much extra is it for the extra damage add on and accuracy enhancement?" He asked curiously "I don't mind paying a bit extra for that."

Carambit began to consider that perhaps he should have some sort of effect put on it, but figured that this sword would do him well enough for now. He only came in looking for a bit more accuracy in his swing, but was going to walk away with accuracy and a damage boost, so that worked pretty well.

"Two buffs is a rare item, that's five crafting materials," Mack replied, reiterating the cost. Perhaps the brown-haired guy thought he could get a better deal if he asked a whole bunch, but Mack wasn't going to budge. He wanted the crafting materials which, frankly, would probably be turned into items to help other low-level players like Carambit anyway. But, if the blacksmith could avoid having to do all of his own dirty work in the form of gathering everything up to turn into items, then so much the better. "How soon do you want it? How quickly can you have the mats together?"

"Well, I can shake hands now to set the deal in, and then go and start collecting them right away. Any you'd prefer over others? I can go hunting for metals or hides. Any you'd prefer to have in extra stock? I can probably have it by today or tomorrow, depending on how things go." he offered his hand for a shake. He didn't mind running around to gather the materials needed, and the fact that he could get the enhancements on it free of charge was great for him. He was growing to like this big tough guy, and Carambit hoped they would grow to be good friends. "I'll try and gather the stuff together as fast as possible."

ID: 28271
CD: 4 (Bad Item)
LD: 4
XP: 1

ID: 28272
CD: 3 (Fail)

ID: 28273
CD: 8 (Good Item)
XP: 2

ID: 28274
CD: 1 (Epic Fail)

ID: 28275
CD: 11 (Rare Item)
XP: 5

Total XP: 10

On the whole, it was a rough day for crafting at the forge. While it was true that the knife, Eagle's Claw, had come off the forge most of the rest of the attempts at producing quality items for his shop to possibly sell, but more likely to simply give away to the less fortunate and lower leveled players, had failed spectacularly. Grumbling to himself, Mack tossed a treat to Chewie as he began the process of shutting down the forge for the day and putting the new items that were available out on display.

Edited by Mack

Crafting Attempts for 20 August:

ID: 28337
CD: 6 (Good Item)
XP: 2

ID: 28338
CD: 12 (Perfect Item)
XP: 8

ID: 28339
CD: 1 (Epic Fail)

ID: 28340
CD: 2 (Fail)

ID: 28341
CD: 9 (Uncommon Item)
XP: 3

Total XP: 15

Another day, another set of crafting attempts at the forge. Mack had settled into a comfortable routine when it came to working the forge. Equally important, Chewie the grizzly cub had settled into his own bearish routine. No sooner had Mack set out to start hammering various materials into shape for the day then the bear made his way to the straw bed by the forge and was quickly asleep. Apparently, begging for food was hard work. The day's crafting attempts were quickly completed, producing one set of perfect armor known as Valhalla's Herald as a commission for Lindow and an uncommon Raider's Shield which would be placed up for sale or donation.

Edited by Mack

"Any materials suitable for smithing will be fine, Carambit. I can work with all of it," the Smith replied in a low rumble. Really, he wasn't too picky about what Carambit brought him back, as long as it wasn't potions ingredients or a needle and thread for a tailor or a musical instrument for a performer since none of those things would be terribly helpful for crafting. "As soon as the materials are in hand, I'll get right to work."

No sooner had Carambit left the shop than a relatively new acquaintance, Vasth, wandered in asking about another possible commission. "If the random number gods are with me, I can craft you a perfect set of heavy armor. If you're looking for light armor, though, you'll need to track down a tailor. What kind of buffs are you wanting?"

As time went on, Kalesh soon remembered Mack's offer to give him something useful in exchange for his cruddy drops, and so he shrugged to himself weakly and walked into the shop after having searched for its location, glancing around curiously. It seemed that Mack had a lot to sell, though he himself wondered if he could sell a lot of the things he had in stock realistically. Pushing those thoughts aside though he started tapping through menus until his inventory was open so he could look at his items and col before he moved to the front counter and said "Heeeeey, remember me?... Is that offer from before still open?"

"Yes, but the armor choices are a bit thin at the moment. The stuff I've got in stock looks nicer than that banged up breastplate, but it's really not of any better quality," the Smith said to Kalesh with a shrug. "I've only got one high quality suit of armor at the moment, and that's already got an owner. You can trade for what I've got in stock or, if you've got the mats, you can give them over and we can see what shakes out of the forge." The burly blonde man shrugged his shoulders again. "You might get something really good, you might not. It's all up to the engine's random number generator."

Edited by Mack